Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

What Makes You Unique As A Person? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Makes You Unique As A Person? (13056 Views)

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family / What Is That Special Thing That Makes You Happy? / Have You Ever Lost A Dear One That Makes You Cry Till Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by user32(m): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2023
i can Mouth Gig myself
Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by josephevergreen(m): 11:54am On Oct 15, 2023
Very adaptive

4 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Btruth: 11:55am On Oct 15, 2023
Listening ears & contentments.

Philippians 4:11

4 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by AstrologyGuru: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Kepukepu: 11:58am On Oct 15, 2023
I don't follow bandwagon

5 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by folake4u(f): 11:59am On Oct 15, 2023
1. People find comfort in talking to me. Lol. They usually call it "Therapy session". I'm a good listener showing necessary emotions at appropriate time, with no judgment whatsoever.

Recently, my friend sent me a message about something and my battery was about going off, I told her, she didn't mind. She sent a 10mins vn pouring her heart out. When I had not responded the next morning, she tried calling but my phone was still turned off. I eventually charged my phone and responded and we talked for 2hrs on call and she felt better eventually.

2. People find it easy trusting me with their secrets, affairs, money or properties and they'd still meet it intact.

I can't count how many times my bank app have failed me when trying to complete transactions especially cab rides. The Bolt/Uber drivers usually tell me to take my time or transfer to them later. I always jokingly ask them "What if I run away with your money?" And they always reply with "You don't have that look".

3. Another unique thing is people, unknown people always try to assist or help me.
I can't count how many times agberos have helped me to look for cabs going to my destination. And they're always so warm hearted towards me.

Them many sha. But these are few points of mine...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by coolegbo(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2023
1. My high intuition.
2. Ability to absorb pain (physical or emotional)
3. Overcoming and maximizing impromptu situations
4. I'm not romantic, yet often have an excellent relationship
5. Ability to forgive easily

5 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2023
smiley
I hope others dont take to much advabtage of this, but these are good, better than mine self.

folake4u:
1. People find comfort in talking to me. Lol. They usually call it "Therapy session". I'm a good listener showing necessary emotions at appropriate time, with no judgment whatsoever.

Recently, my friend sent me a message about something and my battery was about going off, I told her, she didn't mind. She sent a 10mins vn pouring her heart out. When I had not responded the next morning, she tried calling but my phone was still turned off. I eventually charged my phone and responded and we talked for 2hrs on call and she felt better eventually.

2. People find it easy trusting me with their secrets, affairs, money or properties and they'd still meet it intact.

I can't count how many times my bank app have failed me when trying to complete transactions especially cab rides. The Bolt/Uber drivers usually tell me to take my time or transfer to them later. I always jokingly ask them "What if I run away with your money?" And they always reply with "You don't have that look".

3. Another unique thing is people, unknown people always try to assist or help me.
I can't count how many times agberos have helped me to look for cabs going to my destination. And they're always so warm hearted towards me.

Them many sha. But these are few points of mine...

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
I hope others are seeing these good qualities, my Hero. cheesy

coolegbo:
1. My high intuition.
2. Ability to absorb pain (physical or emotional)
3. Overcoming and maximizing impromptu situations
4. I'm not romantic, yet often have an excellent relationship
5. Ability to forgive easily
Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Prenonjebose: 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
I have a self motivation to meet targets and motivate people around me. This has paved the way for me in excelling in responsibilities assigned to me. I get to a new work place, and am surprisingly given responsibilities that should have been assigned to people I met in the place.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by campbelljosh(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
I am a very fast learner and sometimes i grab the idea of many things just by looking at it once. I once took my phone to an engineer for repair, glanced through how he unscrewed it and all. The week that follows i dropped the phone and the screen goes bad, i went to buy the screen by myself and properly fixed it.
I know how to read people a lot, mind, attitude, and so on. I can tell how bad or good someone is by studying them for few minutes.
Also, i am a very smart observer. I stood far my sister in the room one day, she wanted to leave behind a phone cos of her kids but refused to tell it password, she wanted to unlock it to call someone and i followed her fingers with my eyes and immediately she left i typed what i observed and alas it was accurate and the phone was unlocked.

8 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Ekitibiased(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
I am a russian-trained medical doctor with other degrees. Good Knowledge of Politics and Football, fan of Arsenal FC of England. Longstanding deep interest in Nigerian matters. I am a daring introvert. Very sensitive, smooth talker, risk taker, ardent reader, listener, writer and serial entrepreneur. Social media turned out to be a waste of time to me after discovering Nairaland and its numerous sections. I love music, favourite all time artiste is AKON – I have a strong affinity for unique things. Akon has a unique voice, Nigeria’s Wande Cole also does.

Entrepreneurship happened by chance, not planned. E-Commerce was my first breakthrough, sold on Amazon and Ebay UK. Started with sales as high as £2000 a day, I was overwhelmed as I barely had a plan – My unique ideas turned into profits, so much that I had monopoly of products on Amazon. With zero capital, I was Dropshipping – I never saw or recognised most of the items I sold, I just knew where to buy them cheaper and those products would be sent directly to the buyer from the cheaper store. I was just a middleman who took out Profits just with a laptop and knowledge of where to buy and where best to resell with plenty customers.

I am constantly thinking of something, I am barely idle, I teach Occupational English Test to doctors and nurses. Current project – Growing Instagram pages and selling them off. Previous project – Calvin_stores on Instagram grew that with paid promotion, still got active followers but then I have been so busy with my healthcare job. 1600 plus followers with more than 300k spent for promotions on Instagram. (I will not be repeating that same mistake). I have not even posted for about 2 years on that page now, i just wanna grow and sell it real soon

Now I have started a new page with already 700 active followers in 2 weeks, I am building this with so much energy….to sell off when of course, I have gained quite a lot. Plenty of likes and DMs, I have learnt the trick afterall……It was a product of recent thinking and analysis. Tunde Ednut’s page activity triggered that idea, He is truly a king : give it to him.

I want to write more often, I am pushing all my skills out in the open. I hope to make a success out of at least one and still have my privacy. I don’t like publicity, but it seems clearly that online success comes with a chunk of it. I do hope I can be like Mr Seun Osewa of Nairaland and Miracle former BBnaija winner who literally disappeared.

PS, don’t be deceived by my moniker - I am not even from Ekiti, that name is Pounded-Yam esque inspired'. I have a knack of doing things differently even when it is not intentional, for some its seen as weird - My view of that is UNIQUE DIFFERENCE.

Nairaland is our version of Quora, I hope it gets a lot more better with time.

Happy Sunday everyone wink wink wink wink wink

C…..

11 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Saintinoo(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2023
Easyincome24:
Believe this, everyone has that one unique thing that sets him/her apart from another person. Technically, everyone has either an inane ability or acquired ability that makes one unique or stand you out from the rest of us.

Though this may be looked down upon based on the part of the world we found ourselves but always occur when you go for a job interview. No matter how secretive one wants to be, in no matter of time, it reveals itself in you. It's what makes you unique, that's who you are.

This qualities are what recruiters look out for in you. It also could be what the opposite sex long for in you during relationship.

The fact that some of these habits may not tow positive ways like others do not necessarily make them bad or to be termed negative. Everyone can't be a conformists thats why liberal society exists.

For you, what's that thing that makes you unique from the other person?

If this can get to the front page, it will allow us to get more comments on such a good question.

Not bragging, I tend to easily analyze things and I'm good at problem solving. I am very fast in reasoning and intelligent. When I was in school, I found out that I was good at analysis than some of the junior lecturers, some close lecturers saw me as a very intelligent student.

But you know, Nigeria is happening to me just like it is with almost every bright youth out there. When I see people I am better than being in agencies of decision making in the country, I just shake my head.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Germi9: 12:04pm On Oct 15, 2023
I read minds

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:04pm On Oct 15, 2023
And after that uhnkor

Germi9:
I read minds
Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Trwidj38e: 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2023
;

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Hideaki: 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2023
I'm the best among my folks be it system architecture, networking or security

I'm the one for the job

One time I resigned from my job at a big start-up that just did Seria B because I was assigned meaningless work, work that is incoherently bûllshit

Imagine assigning a system architect to do the work of a software developer

I jejely resigned and put my LinkedIn on open for work, I was shocked at the amount of job offerings coming from my LinkedIn inbox to my email.

The startup later called me back knowing I'm a valuable asset and I went back rejecting all of the job offerings from different companies on LinkedIn.

4 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by folake4u(f): 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2023
SeriouslySense:
smiley
I hope others dont take to much advabtage of this, but these are good, better than mine self.

Uhm of course, people would always try to take advantage but I have a limit. If you pour into me, I'd also pour into you.

That's my mantra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Bahamas95(m): 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
I am the kinda person that makes difficult situations look easy, I think outside the box.

Family/friends can be struggling with something and immediately I show up a solution just pops up from nowhere.

I performed another wonder yesterday.

7 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
better
folake4u:

Uhm of course, people would always try to take advantage but I have a limit. If you pour into me, I'd also pour into you.

That's my mantra.
Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by folake4u(f): 12:10pm On Oct 15, 2023
SeriouslySense:
better

Yes oh. kiss

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Ibiyinka90(m): 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2023
Easyincome24:
Believe this, everyone has that one unique thing that sets him/her apart from another person. Technically, everyone has either an inane ability or acquired ability that makes one unique or stand you out from the rest of us.

Though this may be looked down upon based on the part of the world we found ourselves but always occur when you go for a job interview. No matter how secretive one wants to be, in no matter of time, it reveals itself in you. It's what makes you unique, that's who you are.

This qualities are what recruiters look out for in you. It also could be what the opposite sex long for in you during relationship.

The fact that some of these habits may not tow positive ways like others do not necessarily make them bad or to be termed negative. Everyone can't be a conformists thats why liberal society exists.

For you, what's that thing that makes you unique from the other person?

If this can get to the front page, it will allow us to get more comments on such a good question.
1.Mine is that, I don't forget quickly the good anyone does for me. It would keep ringing in my head for ages.
2. I don't take things too serious, either good or bad.

9 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by emerged01(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2023
Ability to listen to people,by that I earn their trust. This make me hear alot that I doubt my ears most times.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Aybiochem: 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2023
I can't be reffered to as a human without liquor alcohol is my life 🥂😂
Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by BobbieZion(m): 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2023
I am a realist- the way it is as I see it that is the way I take it, I don't hold onto abstract things.

I am a good team player, put me in and watch how I bring the pieces together.

I have a superb memory, I can tell you what you said and how you said it even after a year.

Lastly, I love to have fun and I see the world as a very beautiful place, I embrace pain, beacuse pain is love and and God is love.

6 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by Candycrushy(f): 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2023
Mine is that i hardly take anything serious. I do laugh at the most troubling and serious situations
I like avoiding wahala
I forgive easily
I also av high intuition and it doesn’t fail me

8 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by saydfact(m): 12:20pm On Oct 15, 2023
Me..
Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by blingxx(m): 12:25pm On Oct 15, 2023
I don't tolerate nonsense, hate to be controlled, love doing own thing, why I parted myself from anything concerning salary work

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by 2Ways(m): 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2023
Well mine goes thus;
1. I have this ability of mediating for my friends... I can easily talk to anyone of class to help my friends but the funniest thing is that I can't do it for my self.

2. I'm good in investigation, I can easily get information from anyone I need with ease.

3. Most things that happened around me, I see them before it happens but I exhibit this I don't care attitude towards it. Till it happens.

2 Likes

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by shinealight(m): 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2023
What makes you unique as a person is the same thing that makes your finger prints unique to you. No two persons have identical finger prints, not even twins. This thing in you that makes you unique is called ‘spirit’. Each of us is a unique spirit-being endowed with attributes of love, purity, justice, peace, charity, etc, which are inborn in the human spirit as endowment from the Creative Holy Spirit.
Now, in the course of our comings and goings, we have imbibed or allowed ourselves to indulge in negative or impure vibration which then expresses itself in a “personality” that is less than pure in varying degrees.
Very few people on Earth (if any) are still able to retain our original innate purity. Hence we are mostly still engaged in trying to wash our inner robes clean of the dross accumulated in the course of our repeated sojourn on Earth. Hope this addresses your question to some degree!
Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by thinksquad(m): 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2023
I don't know who I am.

1 Like

Re: What Makes You Unique As A Person? by MrBroke(m): 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
1. I don't follow the crowd it doesn't matter whose flocking or who is in the flock.

2. I value the things I have I don't give a fvck what the next person has. I can make you want to toss of your car for my bicycle. grin. That's call contentment and orderly life.

3. I don't give too much time to money like when I was a kid. I realise everything is Vanity and all pleasures and luxuries are all temporary. As long as I have what is enough for me I don't take no more.

4. I don't beg. Never and never will. I work hard for everything I want even the littlest of things

5. I don't take what ain't mine. Never and never will. That is one of my greatest discipline.
But if it is pussy hmmm I might take but money or another thing I can't no matter how I try even if you present me the opportunity I still won't.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa's First Vlog After The Scandal. / Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! / bugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.