Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,638 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday (38534 Views)

Nigerian Who Relocated To UK In 2022 Beat Wife To Death With Skateboard / Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by SmartyPants(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
Curious345:
Let me say politely that 500 is not enough .

I live alone far from my family , but I spend 4500 daily to feed

This guy said everything else is already provided except tomatoes and pepper and this is in the north where these things are grown.

500 is enough if that's what he can afford.

5 Likes

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Matthewdan(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
Its time to move to north
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Awise09(m): 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
Isokoson1:
Mehn this is beyond local man logistics

Dat isoko man is here again...

Bro step up small.. I no say e no easy.. Woman get one kind character, them go like make them buy something for market make change follow them come.. So that they go pocket am..

Try to they give her like 1thausand 500 naira.. Or 2k.. Nah them really know wetin dey sup for market...

No blame her bro... Try step up for her... One love
Sir I will say please read what Op write again, this time take your time to read it calmly.

2 Likes

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Bedminton: 12:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
A whole wife, 500 naira, is it for cassava or garri....get her a job please or better still open provision store for her.

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by able20(m): 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
Rtk4:
I give my wife #500 everyday to cook for the house and yet she complains, it's really annoying.

Do you know that the #500 is even too much because there's everything a woman need to cook in bulk in the house. Meat, crayfish, Maggi, salt, seasonings.....

I mean everything. All she buys is things we can't buy in bulk which is tomatoes and pepper. Please guys what's your take?

Here in the north all these perishables are too cheap, she just steps out of the house and buy them from women selling just in front of our house.

Before some people start saying I'm stingy, you must also know that she doesn't lack anything. I give her pocket money and also buys her anything she needs as far as i can afford.
She might be saving your money to buy a Duplex on Banana Island
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Awise09(m): 12:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
Matthewdan:
Its time to move to north
If you are ready better do. I tell you frankly.
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Angelfrost(m): 12:19pm On Oct 20, 2023
I honestly don't understand this thread or post...!

Abeg anyone who can decipher whatever Op is on about should help me understand.

I can't get headache this early in the day. undecided

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Gagare1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
Rtk4:
my brother, i swear everything dey house in very large quantities. We are here in the north so those perishables are so cheap. If you buy #100 tomato here you go shock, if you buy #50 pepper here, you can't use everything except you be real Yoruba man wey like pepper. She's just being what i can't explain. Anyday she's cooking soup, I do give her up to 1k.

I stock-up the house, pay the rent, school fees, and any other bills. My wife handles vegetables, ONLY. So I don't even give the #500 you give. She barely spends #200 per day. We live in Kano.

So don't mind the kids speaking from both mouth and anus, telling you crap.

You are trying.

Is your wife a full time house wife?

Mine is a teacher.

6 Likes

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by abuhusna1: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
Tell her to list what you need then you go to the market with that 500 and see if you won't come back home to apologise to her and increase the money. 500 is just 50 cent. Less than 1 usd and almost everything she wants to go and buy are imported

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Mayeldah(m): 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2023
Op just enter market and buy them instead

You will know whether it is enough or not

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Blitzking: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2023
Give her weekly or monthly and try step up...guess she is a full time house wife
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Isolock: 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2023
Not going to fault you for giving your wife N500 to buy the little extras for cooking considering you've done your part ensure there's food in the house.in 30days, that's about 15k to buy little Maggie, onions and pepper. However, there's room for improvement, considering the inflation today, price of items changes daily. Endeavour to step up a bit of you know you can.. 1k-1.5k isn't bad, if you can afford it, pls do.
As a married Man myself, I can relate and i know what it means to give cash daily. Have a discussion with your wife and try to better understand her views.

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by dreamworld: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2023
Isokoson1:

Bro step up small.. I no say e no easy.. Woman get one kind character, them go like make them buy something for market make change follow them come.. So that they go pocket am..

Try to they give her like 1thausand 500 naira.. Or 2k.. Nah them really know wetin dey sup for market...

U go dey give ur woman 2k everyday of the month?

I no sure ur sense is ok
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Gboom: 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
Rtk4:
I give my wife #500 everyday to cook for the house and yet she complains, it's really annoying.

Do you know that the #500 is even too much because there's everything a woman need to cook in bulk in the house. Meat, crayfish, Maggi, salt, seasonings.....

I mean everything. All she buys is things we can't buy in bulk which is tomatoes and pepper. Please guys what's your take?

Here in the north all these perishables are too cheap, she just steps out of the house and buy them from women selling just in front of our house.

Before some people start saying I'm stingy, you must also know that she doesn't lack anything. I give her pocket money and also buys her anything she needs as far as i can afford.
500 naira here in Lagos cannot buy the pepper to fry egg for a small family of 6 talkless of buying pepper to cook soup.

Meanwhile, I must commend you for taking care of your home

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Tonytonex(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2023
Rtk4:

what would 500 buy these days. Only a soap and detergent and that money is gone

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by mmadu5(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2023
the jokes is on you man. 500 cannot even buy me a bottle of big stout .

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Tonytonex(m): 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2023
Odin13:
Depend on location..

North.. you try just add small thing

South.. e no reach transportation go .. come ..
honestly. Those in the North don't know what they are really enjoying. go to the South, that 500 naira won't even be enough for transportation alone.

2 Likes

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by AbujaLagos: 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2023
jackmrandy:
so how will she respect you with this. with some of your post about showing how disrespectful she was to you.
according to him he said "she lack nothing". Here in the north things are cheap

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by ceejay80s(m): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
Why U no just drop #500 X 31days of the month at once, E go make sense pass
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by sammhi(m): 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2023
Rtk4:
Oga she doesn't enter transport to buy them. It's just a 1 min or at most 2mins walk from my house to get them.
Chai
U are not only stingy but very unrealistic
500 ? In these days ?
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Truthsbitter: 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
Rtk4:
my brother, i swear everything dey house in very large quantities. We are here in the north so those perishables are so cheap. If you buy #100 tomato here you go shock, if you buy #50 pepper here, you can't use everything except you be real Yoruba man wey like pepper. She's just being what i can't explain. Anyday she's cooking soup, I do give her up to 1k.

Since people would not see where you wrote "everything is at home and I give her pocket money and also get her everything she want as long as I can afford". If truly everything need for cooking is available in abundance and you give her sufficient pocket money at set times then maybe you should take the advice below.

If the pocket money is big, reduce it and add to the daily #500 maybe she would prefer that.

It is not bad to have plenty to spend and also actually spend plenty but it is equally as important to set management strategies to funds too..

If only Nigerian government would follow your structure in a way.

You know Nigerians are the artitech of thier present government and they scream no "proper management of funds.."
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by iluvdonjazzy: 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
Isokoson1:

did you read the post at all.
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Alexiiydon: 1:01pm On Oct 20, 2023
RoyalBlu:
The OP says "it's really annoying that his wife complains about the #500 he gives her everyday to run the house".

The OP is a wonderful man.
you’re blind when he said everything she needs is at home just pepper and tomatoes
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Whatisurproblem(m): 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2023
Rtk4:

#500 or #5000? With #500, you must be eating rubbish, even if you have everything. What makes food Rich isn't Maggie and meat. Some woman uses garlic, Ginger to cook meat🍖. . If you want to enjoy your life, give your woman what she ask for
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Alexiiydon: 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2023
Uchenna10:
500....lols....u funny sha
don’t be stupid and read everything the op wrote
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by ShayGirl(f): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2023
angrySo it is now a crime to Marry to you for you to be doing the almighty foodstuffs/foods arithmetic for her and boasting on the extraordinary little u give her daily.
Nah! I better not talk lipsrsealed
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by EBEk101(m): 1:04pm On Oct 20, 2023
Jeon:
The last joke of the first stone age.
Remove a zero from it so that it will be enough for the whole year.

Wey u dey since.
Food don done u just appear from nowhere.
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Alexiiydon: 1:05pm On Oct 20, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
Why don't you go and use the 5h to buy the pepper mix yourself and know what's up?

5h tomatoes and pepper I bought the other day and ended up adding three sachets of tomatoes before I could make a very small pot of stew for only me is what you're giving for a whole family. Some men can be very annoying to live with

If na me, I'll just reject the money. You go and buy it, I'll cook. 5 hundred kwa?. Hm some women dey endure thinz o
he said north why can’t you read before spilling out trash or you just choose to be unfortunate

1 Like

Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Paracetamol01: 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
Real definition of stinginess
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by Blackmercyvelly: 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2023
When and where this is happened😂😂😂😂😂
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by easzypeaszy(m): 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
Give her 3k weekly
Since u are not buyin anytin else.
But dis matter ehhn get k-leg
Re: See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday by kodded(m): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
Awise09:

Sir I will say please read what Op write again, this time take your time to read it calmly.
comprehension problem na big problem o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? / Higher Education And The Female Child / Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.