Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK (63327 Views)

Japa: 10 Countries People NEVER Regret And REGRET Moving To / Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) / JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by purehustle101(m): 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2023
With the rate of japa syndrome many families in future will be left with nobody to continue with the family name. All those children born oversees ain't coming back here, Modern slavery.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by obailala(m): 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2023
(7) Runs Girls:

If you clandestinely work in the informal 'hospitability and pleasure industry', and the job has earned you a car that is uploadable on social media, continue the 'good work'. There is a saying that 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Making money with the honeypot is extremely difficult in the UK. Men would rather stay faithful to their wives than pay a nominal leg to a lady for just some minutes or pleasure. You will also face competition from other women who passionately give it out for free. You might have to wait for ages for a footballer to come your way before you can experience the Indian Summer.
This one got me cracking grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Chetas81(m): 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:

UK na ya heaven abi? No wahala. Go there go join them. For UK, you fit cry overnight, yet you must not resume your house help work late.
Nigerian citizen like you don't have any job in UK only house help job,I FOLLOW YOUR COMMENTS ✍️
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Gilgil: 8:48pm On Oct 22, 2023
For those working and earning 2M and above, it no longer makes sense.

Some people who were earning large in Naija 10-12 yrs ago, like the oil boys have seen their Naira earnings increase but the real value decreased geometrically.

Imagine if you were earning 1.65M per annum in 2011, that was $10,000, but today even if you got promoted 3 times and are now earning say 4M/year, that is now $ 3,333. You have essentially lost 70% of your earnings. Same is happening to pensions. By the time you retire, your pension contributions would be worthless.

Ok, if you were earning 700,000 a month in May 28th that was $1,000, but in 4 months that is $583.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 8:51pm On Oct 22, 2023
Chetas81:
Nigerian citizen like you don't have any job in UK only house help job,I FOLLOW YOUR COMMENTS ✍️

I no dey UK, I only go there and come back.
I prefer to sit in my shops in Nkpor or Obosi than to go and be cleaning old diseased yyach in the UK.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Chetas81(m): 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:

I no dey UK, I only go there and come back.
I prefer to fit in my shops in Nkpor or Obosi than to go and be cleaning old diseased yyach in the UK.
lol u mentioned house help in your comment

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2023
Chetas81:
lol u mentioned house help in your comment

That's for those people who are going for care job but in reality, na houseboy work.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2023
Olawade24:
You mean cleaning oyinbo yansh. If that what you mean then aru!!! I rather be a dead man than clean oyinbo yansh. Tufiakwa. After they colonize us then I will now go to their country and be a slave and recolonize kai tufia. If is too hard for me to find a Job, I will create one myself here in Nigeria. Pastorpreneur is very lucrative here in Nigeria. You don't even need to own a building or even rent one to start.
What is the difference between cleaning Nigerian man yansh and cleaning Oyibo yansh? No be yansh dem all be? undecided

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by jamesversion: 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2023
Gilgil:

Some people who were earning large in Naija 10-12 yrs ago, like the oil boys have seen their Naira earnings increase but the real value decreased geometrically.

Imagine if you were earning 1.65M per annum in 2011, that was $10,000, but today even if you got promoted 3 times and are now earning say 4M/year, that is now $ 3,333. You have essentially lost 70% of your earnings. Same is happening to pensions. By the time you retire, your pension contributions would be worthless.

Ok, if you were earning 700,000 a month in May 28th that was $1,000, but in 4 months that is $583.

Tinubu has unravelled himself. All the media hype on him has led us to this mess. An accountant abi na business administrator who considered himself an economist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2023
ecolime:
How come these Yansh washing roles aren't prevalent in other European countries? Which kain food una dey chop for UK wey almost all Britons dey need 'social' care?
Those "yansh washing roles" are also necessary in Nigeria but sadly Nigerians still don't consider the sick and weak amongst them humans that should be cared for. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Akin0: 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2023
Yes, I have . if you enter the country legally. You will have access to medical facilities., unlike in Nigeria that even the HMO will not help matters. A very good hospital in Nigeria, you pay through your nose. Ordinary Oxygen that are available for patient in abroad, is gold in Nigeria's Hospital. Maybe it was a long time you visit the general hospital. Go and see what is happening there, no space for patients , if you managed to get, maybe you no someone at the top.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by erico2k2(m): 8:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
Olawade24:

You mean cleaning oyinbo yansh. If that what you mean then aru!!! I rather be a dead man than clean oyinbo yansh.

Tufiakwa. After they colonize us then I will now go to their country and be a slave and recolonize kai tufia.

If is too hard for me to find a Job, I will create one myself here in Nigeria. Pastorpreneur is very lucrative here in Nigeria. You don't even need to own a building or even rent one to start.

E be like say U nor hear say 1 pound is now 1500.
Stay there
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:
■ He say na Social care sector. See how this werey dey package housemaid work. grin This is the second slave trade but this time, slaves are paying their way into slavery.
So if the same job dey for naija wetin you go call am? undecided
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Princewill1(m): 8:59pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:
Would you believe that a Magistrate resigned from Nigeria and went to be doing security guard job overseas?
A fool of almost 50 years.

Them don take winter coat and Timberland opress baba for Facebook. grin
Just Imagine.

One major problem in Nigerian is the Herd Mentality syndrome.

Once you start up any trend in Nigeria that promises to bring in fortune. The rest of the population will blindly and quickly jump into it without applying due diligence. Check Pos business, Content creation, MMM etc.

Other African countries are not like this.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Oritna94(m): 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2023
Gilgil:

You are absolutely right with this. Our currency is a mess right now. Thanks to our useless leaders. If you can earn in foreign currency in naija. No problem. But how many people earn in foreign currency? The purchasing power of the naira is gone... Many people just want to live normal lives and take care of their families. Staying in naija presently is hell..

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by EmmyMaestro(m): 9:02pm On Oct 22, 2023
Everybody wants to JAPA even animals

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by BabaIbo: 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2023
I never for once fancy UK, I don't know why sha...

Op, you no wel l for that business owners part.

6 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by phemmie06(m): 9:03pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:

He say na Social care sector.

See how this werey dey package housemaid work. grin

This is the second slave trade but this time, slaves are paying their way into slavery.

On the bolded it wasn't his fault na our dealers dealing with us cruelty caused it

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by LordIsaac(m): 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2023
“Clandestine hospitality business “ and “uploadable car” got me rolling on the floor😂😂

8 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by casualobserver: 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2023
mannobi:
On a serious note, how do you convince someone that working in the UK as a security guard or rug washer with an income more than a civil servant on level 16 is worse? The truth is most people going to the UK only want to earn enough foreign currency that can be converted to our terrible naira before returning home to enjoy their retirement.
Just imagine that you have to exchange $95,000 to naira right now.
No be you go dey complain about bulaba till his 8 years tenure expires.

1). Most of them spend all they earn on mortgage, rent, food, transport, car loan, credit card bills etc.

2). 99% of them will never be able to save $95,000 after 20 years. I can tell you for a fact that 90% of Nigerians in the UK don’t have £20,000 in cash to their name. Most who have net worth have their net worth in their homes because they have been paying mortgage and built equity over time. People say your home is an asset…is it? To get any money from the home you either sell it or you take a loan, so really it is just a psychological asset that in all probability you will never enjoy as it is your children that will inherit it. If you sell it you have to buy another home, or you go from homeowner to tenant. if you take a loan on it or remortgage, you have new debt o. So even Nigerians that have equity in their homes are stuck. 90% of Nigerians in the Uk cannot raise £10,000 without a bank loan or credit card. The system gives with one hand and takes it all with the other.

3. Finally someone on level 16 in Nigeria is likely close to or above 50 yrs old. How can someone who has achieved that status in Nigeria go to the uk to become a security guard? What is the sense in that?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Krismas(m): 9:06pm On Oct 22, 2023
uche87:

Osahon George Osayimwen is a passionate writer and Psychologist based in England.
grin Osahon thunder fire u, u hear! If UK bad, why u neva come house?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 9:07pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So if the same job dey for naija wetin you go call am? undecided

House help
Ojeozi Nwanyi or Nwoke
Omo odo

Them dey package am make una no feel bad. Let them offer you care job to clean up an elderly black grandma in the UK let's see how you will shine your teeth.
What they can't do for their parents in Nigeria, they are doing it happily because of pennies, shillings and pounds. Spits.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Oct 22, 2023
Krismas:
grin Osahon thunder fire u, u hear! If UK bad, why u neva come house?
ROFLMAO
grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Ilamina(f): 9:07pm On Oct 22, 2023
UK is tough

Too many people competing and living in a small lsland

5 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Desusi: 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2023
uche87:

Osahon George Osayimwen is a passionate writer and Psychologist based in England.
You tried my brother. Let them know these.All these reasons and more were the things that made me returned back home from Germany. Many Nigerian have been injected in Germany with the hard drug caught with them.Some may never come home forever but because of one incident or the other.where shall l start from.A live dog is better than a dead lion.

5 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Perseverance127: 9:08pm On Oct 22, 2023
I don't fancy the UK.

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 22, 2023
AntiChristian:
O Lord! Grant it to me here!

Wetin concern me with japa!

Beter go work hard. No lord is granting you anything!

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by okerekingsley90: 9:11pm On Oct 22, 2023
ecolime:

How come these Yansh washing roles aren't prevalent in other European countries?

Which kain food una dey chop for UK wey almost all Britons dey need 'social' care?

Good question make him answer
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:
■ House help
Ojeozi Nwanyi or Nwoke. Omo odo. Them dey package am make una no feel bad. Let them offer you care job to clean up an elderly black grandma in the UK let's see how you will shine your teeth.
■ What they can't do for their parents in Nigeria, they are doing it happily because of pennies, shillings and pounds. Spits.
1. So all the black people, some of them Nigerians, wey dey all these hospitals, your racist eyes refuse to acknowledge? undecided

2. Ask yourself why those people can't do the same for their parents particularly given that they were raised to believe ideas like not discovering the unclothedness of their parents, etc. undecided

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by viodemus: 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2023
Some people are saying they won't go japa because it seems like slavery bla bla bla. Am against slavery too. Am all for being upright and trying to make it in Nigeria.

The reality, is that you don't have to leave Nigeria to be a slave.
The Nigerian leaders are willing slaves to those countries already, those countries can dictate Nigeria or put them in a precarious situation - is not like Nigerian leaders have that much wisdom for national progress;
The Nigerian populace are slaves to the leaders, and the Nigerian populace also willingly find another person to be slave to like the traditional fakers - who are also slaves to these successful countries;

My advice, if you can, go there and grind. Nigeria will useless you. Nigeria is unwilling to collectively progress. There is still hope, just that stup*dity is vast and normalized amongst the leaders and populace. We all wish that Nigeria can progress, but many don't want that. A Nigerian born since 1980, has seen nothing but a constant degrading of the nation. Everything na gra gra to no where but greed and rubbish. Remove music and movie and some other creativity - an individual Nigerian can be very intelligent, but as a society na wash. Moreover, those countries will give you a humanity that your fellow Nigerian leaders are unwilling to give you, if not wickedness and demagoguery.

Japa saved me. I was wallowing in uselessity, until I jakpa. Now, knowledge everywhere in my body. Money no dey intrigue me again. yes, it was rough. luck help.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by CedarHoldings: 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:
Would you believe that a Magistrate resigned from Nigeria and went to be doing security guard job overseas?
A fool of almost 50 years.

Them don take winter coat and Timberland opress baba for Facebook. grin
but tell me it's a joke, you don't mean it

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Angelfrost(m): 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2023
Well... Las las, UK don cast finally.

It was always going to happen... When you toss your doors wide open for every character to stroll in from everywhere in the world, this is what you get.

Soon, they might have to start repatriating people (Immigrants) for the tiniest of offenses.

I don't understand how someone earning a fairly good salary with a chance to get another hustle will resign, sell off everything, even burn bridges just to relocate to a nation that is just an overhyped notch above his own nation. It can never make sense to me.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari Hotels And Restaurants Spotted In India (PHOTOS) / Man Shares Photo Of What He Saw In An 'Ibadan' Hotel / Accident On Third Mainland Bridge Throws Man's Leg Inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.