Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK (63271 Views)

Japa: 10 Countries People NEVER Regret And REGRET Moving To / Categories Of Nigerians Who Shouldn't JAPA Abroad (especially UK) / JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by AntiChristian: 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2023
Skyview01:

Beter go work hard. No lord is granting you anything!

Sit down there!
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by ictplotter(m): 9:15pm On Oct 22, 2023
Akin0:
Yes, you could be right in some of your reasons. But there are many very important reasons for someone to 'Japa' and ready to be third class citizen and live a decent life where everybody's almost have equal right to breath. It is not always about money why people 'Japa' but to live in a country where things are working. A place you can have access to good medical facilities. A million in Nigeria can become a poor man within in tingle of an eye if he /she is attack with an ailment that is million naira salary or business can accommodate. A case question is Mr IBU., that people are trying to raise money for his medical bills. Thank God, he is known , that was the reasons people are offering helps. There are many other reasons , is it the power problem, in security etc. Please go and shine your eyes and do not be deceived. If I have the opportunity , I will 'JAPA' , i don't mind to become for fourth class citizen so far i can work legally and put food on my table.
Who no go, will no know. Japa with a plan but not because of Nigeria problems else you will meet a bigger problem than the one you running away from.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Krismas(m): 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2023
vickydevoka:

Abeg no try go Canada. Depression will kill you
pls can u explain more?

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by wrongnumber: 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2023
Why not just say "abroad", why mention UK?
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by nedekid: 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2023
vickydevoka:

Abeg no try go Canada. Depression will kill you
Ha!

1 Like

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Dennisbulkan: 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2023
mannobi:
On a serious note, how do you convince someone that working in the UK as a security guard or rug washer with an income more than a civil servant on level 16 is worse? The truth is most people going to the UK only want to earn enough foreign currency that can be converted to our terrible naira before returning home to enjoy their retirement.
Just imagine that you have to exchange $95,000 to naira right now.
No be you go dey complain about bulaba till his 8 years tenure expires.

By the time you pay $500/week for shitty apartment, spend $100 for food daily, pay 30% of your salary as tax, water, electricity, transport, Health care, 50-cent no go remain to convert to naira grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by nedekid: 9:18pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:

I no dey UK, I only go there and come back.
I prefer to sit in my shops in Nkpor or Obosi than to go and be cleaning old diseased yyach in the UK.
Lolz
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by wrongnumber: 9:18pm On Oct 22, 2023
Mindlog:
There is still a lot of job openings in the social care sector here in the UK, especially working with children and young persons though the recruitment process is very detailed with firms that know their onions.

Work no dey finish for social care.

UK is just about 65million in population so there is a growing need for social care workers... Their aged people hardly die.

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by pocohantas(f): 9:18pm On Oct 22, 2023
ecolime:

How come these Yansh washing roles aren't prevalent in other European countries?

Which kain food una dey chop for UK wey almost all Britons dey need 'social' care?

Elderly care is common in developed nations. UK own seems prevalent because they allowed mass immigration of Nigerians. A decision I am sure they regret. Some other countries might accept other African countries but Nigeria. Some might take 3rd world Asian countries. It is the same way we made a mess of UAE. These opportunities were there lowkey until Nigerians found out.

There are also poor European countries that cater for the big ones. They have enough Romanians and Bulgarians to do these jobs.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So all the black people, some of them Nigerians, wey dey all these hospitals, your racist eyes refuse to acknowledge? undecided

2. Ask yourself why those people can't do the same for their parents particularly given that they were raised to believe ideas like not discovering the unclothedness of their parents, etc. undecided

Yenyenyen.
Of all the things here, na wetin trigger you be that.
Be like this one na PRO of UK yansh washers union. grin

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by flokii: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2023
Let them Japa.. they should go and hook wherever they are, Naija no kuku send una papa.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by wrongnumber: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:

I no dey UK, I only go there and come back.
I prefer to sit in my shops in Nkpor or Obosi than to go and be cleaning old diseased yyach in the UK.

This shows that you are a pathetic liar. You havnt seen UK before.

There are more job opportunities and options other than what you mentioned.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2023
wrongnumber:
Why not just say "abroad", why mention UK?

UK no be abroad. Na 37th state of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:
■ Yenyenyen.
Of all the things here, na wetin trigger you be that.
Be like this one na PRO of UK yansh washers union. grin
Somebody needs to wash those who are too sick or weak to do it themselves. I have nothing but great respect for those who do that job as someday you or I may have need for the aide they offer. undecided

There are millions sick and in need of care in even Nigeria and many of them go without because no one ready to help them or care. . undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by adexoramo(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2023
The monthly salary I paid to my employees is over 500k. Japa is only for thode who have nothing tangible doing in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by nedekid: 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
Akin0:
Yes, I have . if you enter the country legally. You will have access to medical facilities., unlike in Nigeria that even the HMO will not help matters. A very good hospital in Nigeria, you pay through your nose. Ordinary Oxygen that are available for patient in abroad, is gold in Nigeria's Hospital. Maybe it was a long time you visit the general hospital. Go and see what is happening there, no space for patients , if you managed to get, maybe you no someone at the top.
You forgot to add the hospital wait time in the uk.
Fair enough you need proper money to get passable healthcare in naija. They have privately owned hospitals inside some government hospitals were you get proper treatmemt, immediate acess to all the consultants, comfortable rooms etc. Only that you pay through your nose.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by flokii: 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
Angelfrost:
Well... Las las, UK don cast finally.

It was always going to happen... When you toss your doors wide open for every character to stroll in from everywhere in the world, this is what you get.

Soon, they might have to start repatriating people (Immigrants) for the tiniest of offenses.

I don't understand how someone earning a fairly good salary with a chance to get another hustle will resign, sell off everything, even burn bridges just to relocate to a nation that is just an overhyped notch above his own nation. It can never make sense to me.

Trump was about repatriating blacks especially Nigerians back to Africa.. had it been he won, our people for don mellow now.

I don't even know the kind of generation Africa is breeding now.. they don't even consider their kids and what they stand to face later in future when they are no more.
We Africans need to do better, honestly.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by pocohantas(f): 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Somebody needs to wash those who are too sick or weak to do it themselves. I have nothing but great respect for those who do that job as someday you or I may have need for the aide they offer. undecided

There are millions sick and in need of care in even Nigeria and many of them go without because no one ready to help them or care. . undecided

They think it is a strange job because their wives do it in Nigeria. You just have to wait until you are married before remembering you always wanted to live with your mother.

It is a fulltime job in developed countries. Not reserved for daughter in-laws.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
wrongnumber:

This shows that you are a pathetic liar. You havnt seen UK before.

There are more job opportunities and options other than what you mentioned.

Look here, you bottom-feeding barrel-scaping nonentity. I come to the UK for leisure and visits, not to suffer like you.
I import wears from the UK and distribute to stores here while I sell also. So, when I come to the UK, I'm coming to spend money, not waste money.
Do you know how much Igbo men pay for a single suit from Saville row? Hope you know people now send isi-agu to UK to sew and bring back for weddings?
If you wash yansh for a decade, you will NEVER be able to afford a single Saville-row suit.

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 9:28pm On Oct 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:

While I agree, I believe it should be for professionals, not desperate migrants.
Even some of the migrants don't have sense. They are not committed to the job and will eventually make the NHS close that opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by wrongnumber: 9:29pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:

Look here, you bottom-feeding barrel-scaping nonentity. I come to the UK for leisure and visits, not to suffer like you.
I import wears from the UK and distribute to stores here while I sell also. So, when I come to the UK, I'm coming to spend money, not waste money.
Do you know how much Igbo men pay for a single suit from Saville row? Hope you know people now send isi-agu to UK to sew and bring back for weddings?
If you wash yansh for a decade, you will NEVER be able to afford a single Saville-row suit.

Call me any name. I'm a resident and I know the way people who havnt touched UK reason.

I would have asked you some simple questions to expose you but it's not worth it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by grandstar(m): 9:29pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:
Would you believe that a Magistrate resigned from Nigeria and went to be doing security guard job overseas?
A fool of almost 50 years.

Them don take winter coat and Timberland opress baba for Facebook. grin

Why call him a fool? His action was foolish but does not make him a fool.

2 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by casualobserver: 9:29pm On Oct 22, 2023
Krismas:
grin Osahon thunder fire u, u hear! If UK bad, why u neva come house?

Because like 90% of Nigerians in the UK, he doesn’t have the money to relocate and nothing to show for all his years abroad. Most Nigerians in the Uk cannot come back to Nigeria and match the lifestyle of their compenporaries who never Japad.

That is the real truth of japa. Your gain is only short term, eventually your contemporaries who stayed in Nigeria achieve more in Nigeria and you are are stuck in a comfortable rot in the UK.

2 Nigerian professionals of equal intelligence and capacity, graduate from University. I stays in Nigeria and the other leaves for the Uk. Initially the one who leaves for the Uk does better but with time the one in Nigeria over takes and surpasses the one in the UK. The one in Nigeria will come to buy a holiday home in the Uk while his friend in the Uk is still paying mortgage for his only home.

Nothing wrong with japaing when you are young but don’t stay too long or else diminishing returns starts to set in. There is a ceiling you will never break for 99% of Nigerians abroad.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by amnesty7: 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2023
Olawade24:

If is too hard for me to find a Job, I will create one myself here in Nigeria. Pastorpreneur is very lucrative here in Nigeria. You don't even need to own a building or even rent one to start.

See what Nigerian Christians have been reduced to: just gullible cash cows by some clowns in the name of God.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by wrongnumber: 9:33pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:

UK no be abroad. Na 37th state of Nigeria.

Unfortunately this little 1pound coin is N1310 and we make a minimum of 11 of this in one hour

Keep fooling yourself with your delusion.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by LondonCool(m): 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2023
Regarding the N2m a month salary threshold, that is just £1,530 a month . You can easily double that money in the UK within a year of arriving.

It’s worth the opportunity cost in the long run.
Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2023
wrongnumber:

Call me any name. I'm a resident and I know the way people who havnt touched UK reason.

I would have asked you some simple questions to expose you but it's not worth it.

This one entered UK in 2017 and he's shouting I'm a resident. Mechuonu gi there.
Na those wey their lives no make up meaning for Naija or those wey dey outrightly foolish dey go UK.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by 3ice9ce: 9:36pm On Oct 22, 2023
wrongnumber:

Unfortunately this little coin is N1310 and we make a minimum of 11 of this in one hour

Keep fooling yourself with your delusion.

How many rotten yansh did you wash before your masters handed this to you?

See how hand be like baboon own. E don soak inside antiseptic die.
This one don wash yansh for like half a decade.

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by wrongnumber: 9:37pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:

How many rotten yansh did you wash before your masters handed this to you?

See how hand be like baboon own. E don soak inside antiseptic die.
This one don wash yansh for like half a decade.

I will stop responding to you cos you are probably typing shits from your cockroach infested room. No thanks to cheap data.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Segzy19: 9:38pm On Oct 22, 2023
While I like this thread and agree to it, I disagree with the first point that only people who earn above 2million naira don't need to japa...

Does the OP mean that anyone earning less than 2m per month can't survive in this country and automatically needs to japa?

I will say, if you earn anything from 500k and above (with other conditions attached like being single, no dependants like siblings or parents, with probability of salary increament and other benefits, and other conditions....

3 Likes

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by wrongnumber: 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2023
3ice9ce:

This one entered UK in 2017 and he's shouting I'm a resident. Mechuonu gi there.
Na those wey their lives no make up meaning for Naija or those wey dey outrightly foolish dey go UK.

This is exactly how those who have been rejected visa several times write.

Let me assume you are right... 2017 should be about 7 years now so I don't think the word "JUST" is appropriate.

There are people who came last year and are doing far better than those who have lived all their lives in the UK.

I have made my point.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JAPA: 10 Sets Of People Who Shouldn't Travel To The UK by Angelfrost(m): 9:41pm On Oct 22, 2023
flokii:

Trump was about repatriating blacks especially Nigerians back to Africa.. had it been he won, our people for don mellow now.

I don't even know the kind of generation Africa is breeding now.. they don't even consider their kids and what they stand to face later in future when they are no more.
We Africans need to do better, honestly.

That's why a lot of them deliberately ruin anything or any sector they find themselves in the nation... I'm not just talking about politicians! I'm talking about workers in the public and private sectors.

They just believe they will relocate and start their lives all over abroad... They believe their futures don't lie here.

Such a level of colonial mentality is unbelievable.

I have nothing against traveling and relocating, but it should not be at the expense of your roots and lineage... I can't and won't relocate by totally uprooting my life and familial foundation. Never!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari Hotels And Restaurants Spotted In India (PHOTOS) / Accident On Third Mainland Bridge Throws Man's Leg Inside Lagos Lagoon (Photos) / Man Shares Photo Of What He Saw In An 'Ibadan' Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.