Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother (39870 Views)

George Akume Applauds Ned Nwoko On Malaria Eradication Project / Man Raises Alarm After Buying "Not For Sale" USAID Donated Mosquito Net At Lekki / Lady Turns Down Marriage Proposal Of Man Who Donated His Kidney To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2023
This is one of the reasons why kidney donation is such a punishable offense in advanced countries. Sad situation all around. This man agreed to something that sounded like a good deal without considering everything involved. If selling organs was ethical and legal, the cost would be astronomical. If the amount he was promised was 20 million naira, that wasn’t even enough to cover the follow up medical visits and long term care thats necessary in order to survive with one kidney. It seems that his boss didn’t agree to cover those costs nor was he concerned about this man getting the care he needed. Unless he was promised $20 million in USD, which is even crazier.
The doctor should also face punishment as he had an ethical obligation to ensure the patient understood all the implications and was capable of affording long term care, this is why many willing donors are rejected and this is also why after questioning the young man in the Ike Ekweremadu case, the Doctors at the UK hospital rejected him as a viable donor for Sonia Ekweremadu. The doctor testified on court that he wasn’t rejected due to not being a match, he was rejected because the medical staff recognized that he didn’t really understand the implications and had no means to cover lifelong health maintenance—it should’ve been the same for this man. I’m also sure that they didn’t bother to test his overall health, they were only concerned about his kidney saving another life. I’m also convinced that the pre-donation testing was less than adequate. Releasing this man after 3 days without any plans for follow up should be criminal and I’m sure the doctor knew that this man couldn’t afford care and what this man’s fate would be due to lack of care.
I wonder if this guy realizes that by agreeing to sell his organ, he also committed a criminal act right along with his boss? Participating in an illegal act and then going to the police when the other party doesn’t hold up his end is crazy in itself.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by BluntCrazeMan: 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2023
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msOYMd5sf7Q?si=waYjICSxH7qOlL9y

My boss deceived me into donating my kidney over empty $20m promise — Driver
By Evelyn Usman

A 42-year-old man, Nwoko Eric, yesterday, revealed how his former boss allegedly deceived him to donate one of his kidneys to his (the boss) younger brother, only to abandon him after the transplant was done.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/my-boss-deceived-me-into-donating-my-kidney-over-empty-20m-promise-driver/

Kidney kept Ekweremadu inside cell.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2023
Eduadolero:

They worked together for sure. Seeing a non relative donating a kidney to a mere stranger ,the doctors supposed to have probed further

This part.☝🏼He was also obligated to tell the man about the required aftercare and how expensive it can get.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2023
Miracle2020:
Why didn't you look for witness and a written agreement.

I understand your thinking but who will sign a contract that says both parties agree that they are entering into an illegal act? Then, if one party fails to keep his end of the bargain, who is bold enough to go to the courts and ask them to enforce an agreement over an illegal act?
Hypothetically, this would be like you and I signing a contract agreeing that you’re going to distribute cocaine that I manufacture but when I fail to pay you, you take me to court in hopes that the court will enforce the contract, forcing me pay you for the time you acted as my street level dealer. Crazy all around.
Elsewhere in the world, this man would be receiving follow up medical treatment while in jail along with his boss, kidney recipient, doctor, and boss’ sister.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Ashirioluwa: 6:36pm On Oct 25, 2023
He is the most useless person in Nigeria. You don’t get paid before giving out your organ.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2023
blackgold2018:
what is 50%

I’ll make sure I’ll collect the 100% at the hospital before the operation.

You will notice they normally use the poor to convince them.

I must get the alert before the operation and a family member must be present, incase they want to show little about me during the operation

In all this conditions, you will see they wouldn’t agree to it. But they will prefer to use who they will dupe and dump

So Sir, let me ask you something respectfully—you wouldn’t have demanded complete medical testing for yourself to see if your body could survive with only one kidney before agreeing to be tested to verify that your kidney was a match? Technically, the human body can survive with one kidney but not every human can survive with one kidney, it depends on personal health and genetics. Now, we’re reading that this man’s health is failing and while his kidney was in good condition to be donated, he may not have been in good enough health to be a donor to begin with.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2023
Bashoruntolu:
I don't believe this story because I know that his lawyer, Tony Dania as a scammer most especially when it comes to medical and hospitals' stuffs

Do you think this man is lying about donating a kidney? Wouldn’t his incision and hospital records prove that he did?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by hdrifter11: 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2023
Omo 20mildolz
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by CrownLands(m): 7:57pm On Oct 25, 2023
This is sad and appalling!
Deceiving his "ignorant driver" knowing he was just goading him up.

He had no plans to pay compensation or take care of him.

He is one of the thousands of Selfish "Shylock" Nigerian bosses.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Annistars: 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2023
He already told you that his boss rubb something on his head when praying for him.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Kaytixy: 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2023
I dey fear Igbo people. They are too dubious and wicked. Not all of them though but there own too much.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by BRATISLAVA: 9:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
Sleekfingers:

😀😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

You can see that the donor is a fool.......i can't stop laughing.......werey wan collect 20m......like they say, a fool at 40 is a fool forever.......but I will rather say, a fool at 18 is a fool forever.

Did he believe the person he was talking with had $20M for himself? How did he think all the promises would be possible?

The guy is quite greedy and/or stupid. And he even says he was excited to get his kidney removed. Maybe he's exaggerating the figure so that people won't be too surprised at the way he thinks.

After all the stories, he still thinks he's good to live without a kidney for money. He's forgetting that guy and the senator. A whole thieving senator couldn't give even $1000 for a kidney and this guy wanted to become the richest man in his village on a whim.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by BRATISLAVA: 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
He is the most useless person in Nigeria. You don’t get paid before giving out your organ.

But who would donate it after receiving the money?

There's nothing legal about it, so nobody will do it that way.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Johnsown1(m): 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2023
Alwaysachick:

They should throw the prison keys away, can you imagine deducting his salary still, pure evil

The man is not only an evil but he is a parasite at same time. He stoled his kidney and also want to stress the remaining kidney
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Calitoscassius(m): 9:25pm On Oct 25, 2023
20 million dollara? And he didn't ask for atleast 5 million to be paid to him before the kidney transplant? What a greedy man!

The kidney owner has no case, he consented to his kidney being taken. And the scammer who stole his kidney, he might not live long, maybe the kidney will fail one day, the same way his own kidney failed, because he will go back to his old careless drinking and drug taking lifestyle.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

That is why we Need to make money legitly
You are correct

1 Like

Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by joba4luv: 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2023
Listen to a slowpoke driver how can you sell your kidney to somebody without any down payment? Imagine you died during the transplant what did you want to leave for your family? Pain and sufferness? I can't blame the man at all but you slowpoke who can't even tell your mother in the beginning until later when they r fused to pay you. You are signing a document you don't even know the content of you don't have money does that mean you don't have brain? Nonsense
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by yetty247(f): 12:20am On Oct 26, 2023
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/my-boss-deceived-me-into-donating-my-kidney-over-empty-20m-promise-driver/[/quote]

I guess they removed the functioning one

but normally that hospital, them suppose sue them because before such procedure can take place many things needs to be put in place including having a family member sign a consent form
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Dshocker(m): 5:40am On Oct 26, 2023
Holluwhakemmy:
All will be well

All can never be well, because man is dying, the boss should come to his rescue
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by gfon(m): 5:52am On Oct 26, 2023
MorataFC:

This scenario serves as a valuable lesson for every one of us. When entering into a life-threatening agreement with someone, it is essential to take precautions such as collecting a 50% advance payment. If someone promises to give you100% of something, it should not be a challenge for them to provide half of it as an upfront payment.

BTW, I can't donate any part of my body in exchange for all the money in this world.
50%,? Abi 80%
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by gfon(m): 5:54am On Oct 26, 2023
GboyegaD:
I wish there was a written agreement before he went ahead donating his kidney. Some of our rich people are very wicked to say the least.
there was, but probably all full of bullshit, but the guy didn't even go through it and probably since he's poor he likely didn't get a lawyer too. Some rich people are so wicked
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by gfon(m): 5:55am On Oct 26, 2023
culeca:
Things dey happen inside this world wey we dey oh

So he now have just one kidney
and sold the other on credit, in as much as the boss Is a very wicked men. The guy too is such a dumb fellow. He didn't get a lawyer to go through with this or even involved his family members
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by gfon(m): 5:57am On Oct 26, 2023
Woodshot:
grin

You were promised $20M for your kidney and you couldn't demand for half payment for your own vital organ ?

Greediness led you astray
not greediness, but stupidity rather. Who sells kidney on credit?
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by crackhouse(m): 6:11am On Oct 26, 2023
How will someone promise u $20m and u believed that? Do u think $20m is same as 20m naira? Oga u are a fool to have fallen for such trick.
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by LordEclipse: 6:34am On Oct 26, 2023
Truth be told,the driver was a Greedy illiterate.you signed a document without your family being aware cause you want the money all to yourself.now it goes sideways and you're crying foul..greedy man.and what's with the lawyer saying his client didn't know ,when the client already stated he consented to the donation..well,the boss can only pay a little compensation last last..
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Woodshot: 7:54am On Oct 26, 2023
gfon:
not greediness, but stupidity rather. Who sells kidney on credit?

There's some dosage of acute greediness accompanying it. $20M is huge anywhere in the world. Walai
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:27am On Oct 26, 2023
Dshocker:

All can never be well, because man is dying, the boss should come to his rescue
The issue is already in police station they will handle it well
Re: Video Of Nwoko Eric, The Driver Who Donated His Kidney To His Boss' Brother by Miracle2020: 8:47am On Oct 26, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I understand your thinking but who will sign a contract that says both parties agree that they are entering into an illegal act? Then, if one party fails to keep his end of the bargain, who is bold enough to go to the courts and ask them to enforce an agreement over an illegal act?
Hypothetically, this would be like you and I signing a contract agreeing that you’re going to distribute cocaine that I manufacture but when I fail to pay you, you take me to court in hopes that the court will enforce the contract, forcing me pay you for the time you acted as my street level dealer. Crazy all around.
Elsewhere in the world, this man would be receiving follow up medical treatment while in jail along with his boss, kidney recipient, doctor, and boss’ sister.
exactly! The man would have collected his money before going to the hospital.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Young Nigerian Homosexuals Living With HIV Confess / 5 Food Combinations That May Affect Your Health / Dr. Stella Emmanuel On COVID-19: 'With Hydroxychloroquine I Cured 350 Patients'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.