Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,559 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed (65521 Views)

My Japa Plan For This Year Is Shaking / Advise A Tech Bro On His Japa Plan / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by dgee1(m): 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2023
Really hope it does.
shiki:
When Dollar slide down to #1000/$, change your money and save it in Dollars. I bought $1000 in April at the rate of #750/$ look at where we are now

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Sillymoderators: 11:04pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

It's my cousin friend so it really not possible
Nothing is impossible.

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:05pm On Oct 26, 2023
lastkingsman:

Before it's too late oh...

Lol they think bulaba is playing.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by somehow: 11:06pm On Oct 26, 2023
Godwin4444:
op Abeg no listen to this guy ooo

Forex don cast ooo, this guy just wan use your money do trial n error

Didn't cast, just that only pretenders come online to solicit for capital.

3 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by shiki(m): 11:07pm On Oct 26, 2023
Welcome
Athena6:

Thanks
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by ManOfMan: 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

I was actually given this advice months ago when the dollar was 950 or so but my thought process was that the dollar might come down and I will lose money πŸ˜” even now, I made the calculations

If I use 4M to buy dollar, that will be 3200 dollars and if dollar increases, say 2000 by this year ending or so, I would make an extra 2.4M but if dollar decreases I will lose a lot of money.

Nigeria is a very weird place, the dollar market is so unpredictable.
I am still thinking of it sha

Don't buy dollar immediately. Government announced some policies in the last few days that are supposed to stabilize the forex market and eventually bring down the dollar again naira. Watch the market for a week or two. If these policies do not reverse the downward slide of the naira with this period and the dollar continues to rise, please quickly buy dollar with money. It means the government has no real solution to the fall of naira. Note one dollar is about 1290 to 1310 today

8 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Xpol: 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Think of other destinations. 5 million can get you to Brazil or mexico if you are going to study but you will have to learn a new language. Be flexible and think outside the box
how will she be paying rent, feeding, paying for next successive sessions, etc.

Is she gonna get a job that'll be taking care of all these?
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by abba190: 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you
enjoy ur money here
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Truthshscrazy: 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2023
Japa to Cotonou grin
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2023
If you really have 5m it can get you to Europe now, schengen visas is cash and carry now, you don't pay a dime till you get ur visa, 3.5m, you can buy the most useless airline to travel also, air Morocco, their tickets ranges from 800 to 1.2m to Europe

2 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Athena6(f): 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2023
ManOfMan:

Don't buy dollar immediately. Government announced some policies in the last few days that are supposed to stabilize the forex market and eventually bring down the dollar again naira. Watch the market for a week or two. If these policies do not reverse the downward slide of the naira with this period and the dollar continues to rise, please quickly buy dollar with money. It means the government has no real solution to the fall of naira. Note one dollar is about 1290 to 1310 today
Thanks I saw the increase in dollar, I will wait and see if it falls.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:12pm On Oct 26, 2023
Xpol:
how will she be paying rent, feeding, paying for next successive sessions, etc.

Is she gonna get a job that'll be taking care of all these?

There's no job there.

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by vickydevoka(m): 11:12pm On Oct 26, 2023
Reminderz:
you would have considered what your cousin said because to me it was the best even though it might seem expensive to you...

you'll stay with the person, learn the ropes till you stand on your feet.. also, you won't find much trouble finding a home and paying rents, taxes and all that... I hope you've learnt your lesson...

that aside, there are various business you can do with 2M, invest in food business, snacks, accessories, gadgets, a salon, POS and the likes... invest in things that are of less risks and big ROI
In dia economy he will suffer with such business o.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by CJStarz: 11:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
No place like home,so follow us stay here and enjoy this TINIBULATION eraπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Centpico: 11:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:
So Nigeria have finally happen to me, I thought if I save a little to the 5M I have, it would be able to leave this country by next year.

But right now, it is impossible, I saw on Twitter how a lady was begging money for flight ticket which was about 2.2M, just flight ticket o.

Months ago, a relative of mine told me someone is looking for a dependent and he will connect me to the person, he said the payment was 4M and I was not going to pay much after that and I will stay with the person in the UK before I settle on my own but I was forming big girl saying I will do my process by myself.

Now look, dollar have increased, the money is now worthless, anyway when there is life, there is hope.

Nairaland please help me think of a business to start with 2M, I can't just leave the money in the bank to keep on depreciating.

Thank you

Learn to trade and earn more dollars or just buy dollars, although that might be risky right now cause the dollar might slide for some time and then start rising again after some time
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 11:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

I was actually given this advice months ago when the dollar was 950 or so but my thought process was that the dollar might come down and I will lose money πŸ˜” even now, I made the calculations

If I use 4M to buy dollar, that will be 3200 dollars and if dollar increases, say 2000 by this year ending or so, I would make an extra 2.4M but if dollar decreases I will lose a lot of money.

Nigeria is a very weird place, the dollar market is so unpredictable.
I am still thinking of it sha
Don't mind them oooo. Now is not the best time to enter the forex market. HIGHLY UNPREDICTABLE as at now. Abeg no go lose 5m pls oo
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by denitro(m): 11:15pm On Oct 26, 2023
Fugazy2023:

Invest some in forex trading and earn in dollars. I can trade for you and we share the profit 60% 40% monthly

She better say goodbye to the money then.. Forex trading ke!!!! Where 99% of traders lose all their money.

8 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by ezegenigbonine: 11:17pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

Thank you

Even the two million is shit money now in nigeria
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by brutustech: 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2023
Lightened:
Five million is too much if you are really serious about traveling to UK...look at diswan
Explain how I am interested
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Omoawoke2(m): 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
speedy0420:
Get a good pc and. Go into IT
Or move to places like Cotonou where processing oversea travels are cheaper

Herd mentality kills

Not everybody must japa, not everybody must do IT, not everybody must do GWR

There are several things to do other than IT, not everybody is built for IT.

When I hear advices likes this, it only makes me wonder.

Different things work for different folks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Monaboo(m): 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
Please don't keep that money in the Bank. You will spend it.
Is it business?
Business in Nigeria now is a waste of time. The economy is too harsh as we speak. Startups are barely surviving.

So many people have started business with millions this period and it has gone to waste.

Others are just barely trying to manage their business. There is low sales everywhere.

I will advise you lock in that money in Real Estate. Yes...

I work with a Real Estate company and we do what we call BUY2SELL for clients.

You buy a Landed property from the company and in 12 months, the company helps you to sell off giving you back the amount you bought the property and 30% profit on top.

Eg: you use that 5M to get a property with the company. Then in 12 months, you sell that same property back to the company and the company gives you back your 5M plus additional N1.5M.

In total you get N6.5M after 12 months.

You get all documents after you buy.

No bank will give you that. Only Real Estate can.

Think about it.

In all you do, please don't keep that money in the bank. YOU WILL SPEND IT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

This makes me laugh because I read news a lot and I see that there is a lot of cartels in Mexico and the county is worst than even Nigeria in tends of laws, the police are in the pocket of criminals.

Last month I even saw some tourist been kidnap in daylight, so to even think about traveling to Mexico, I rather just dash the money away
no mind d comedian.
No be only mexico

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by 7arrows: 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
Hezzyluv:

When dollar was #750, my elder sister called me that she had 17m from her property sold, that she is looking for business idea. If I had knew that Naira would be worthless in the coming months, I would have advice her to buy dollar with the money.

So I advise u to buy dollar now not with the whole money tho.

Nigeria is the best country in the world please you guys should stop complaining. My bros Tinubu knows what he's doing trust me. Soon 1 dollar will be 4,000 naira. But don't be scared. Soon we will be carrying money with wheelbarrow but please don't be moved. Emilokan is my guy. Emilokan thanks a lot God bless you and give you long life for 8 years in power. WHEN WE TELL UNA UNA NO HEAR. LET THE GROOVE CONTINUE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Zeethegreatest: 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
speedy0420:

Hi, please can you enlighten a little more on this.? I have heard that processing visa from some other African countries is cheaper. I would love to know more.
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by brutustech: 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I know say na big country you dey target na why your money no reach, if you really dey serious about the japa matters, why not japa to a smaller country with lots of opportunities, make it there and then japa again to your favourite big country. In the absence of crocodile you can manage lizard o.

See ehn japa no be problem for me o, the only problem na cash, I know person wey know person wey also know person for different countries and I'm not capping, if I get your 5m by now I for don loss.

Sha invest the 5mill cuz with time if you still keep am you go use am buy wig finish, talking of wig, you said you're looking for a profitable business to run, why not try wig business...you can start small sef and it doesn't cost much before you know it you go dey cash out like mad. Not capping but my sis dey produce/rewamp old wigs and I know how much she dey generate weekly, funny enough na just her side hustle o.

Which countries
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Abimloaded(m): 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
Wujio:

I have been dealing dollars since ten years. Naira has continually lost against dollar for ten straight years. Go and google and confirm this report

It's more than 10 years... It's been on a decline for over 30 years...

Check the image I attached.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by 7arrows: 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2023
Wujio:
Buy dolar and save in your domiciliary account if you did this since you would have 4M.by now

If you save dollars in your dom account when you need it the banks will come up with policies that you cannot get your funds out. Those are the dividend of a failed state.

8 Likes

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by LoveJesus87(m): 11:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
speedy0420:
how long does it take to learn it courses and can I learn it on my own?
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by WhiteWolfe: 11:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
Athena6:

Thank you

First of all, convert that money to dollars to avoid it deteriorating further

1 Like

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Philipmaxwell: 11:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
I would advise against buying dollars. It can seriously backfire.. You dey whine Tinubu.. For all his flaws, when he is ready to, he will deal with the whole FX shortage issue.

I will advise you to go into fish farming business. You can easily and safely double your money within a year or two.

That's what I do for a living. I farm for people who have the funds but not the know-how. I provide facility and labour as well. By the end of each cycle, there's a profit-sharing formula we adhere to.

If interested, reach me on this number

My farm is located on the University of Benin. You can be rest assured of the safety of your investment..
Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by brutustech: 11:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
DaddyGngeess:
If you really have 5m it can get you to Europe now, schengen visas is cash and carry now, you don't pay a dime till you get ur visa, 3.5m, you can buy the most useless airline to travel also, air Morocco, their tickets ranges from 800 to 1.2m to Europe
Schengen is visit visa. After arrival for the visit, she returns home? Don't even mention aduro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Japa Plan Has Been Destroyed by Johnrake69: 11:27pm On Oct 26, 2023
gunners160:
But wait ooo, una get mind oo. You have 5million and you wan japa. Gosh, I can't have that kind of money and be thinking of running away rather I will expand on what gave me the money. Yes , Nigeria is bad but if you are millionaire, you go enjoy the country die....

When you have the 5M you will think differently

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Lagos Bus Services Limited Prices And New Transportation Routes / Photos Of Ikeja Train Accident Victims Being Treated On The Floor / Truck Crashes Into A School Bus In Enugu, Many Pupils Dead (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.