Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,258 members, 7,836,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Does God Exist? - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (17415 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Ok
Do you agree with Dawkins?
😂
Kindly answer my questions
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

What is evil?
What is good?
What is the purpose of your life?
Answer the above

1. Opposite of good cheesy
2. Opposite of evil grin
3. Every complex machinery must be operated according to the instructions and standards as the Maker assigned to it.... As humans, we can't give purpose to ourselves. Many people after accomplishing what they deem as their purpose to life still feel this void and emptiness. There is true happiness and satisfaction when we live our life according to the purpose set by the Creator even as we enjoy our prospects and activities.
If you employ someone into your workplace, he must do what you want. What if he never saw his boss, will he just start off doing anything he likes or he'll understand that the boss must have left instructions for him on what to do and how to do it.
As for me, I must live my life according to the instructions and standards of my Creator as set by the moral code even when I choose to enjoy other activities, prospects and careers too. Yes, we are made to do God's will
It may sound foolish to you but don't expect me to feel inferior to you who accepts the philosophy that life is purposeless and without design
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I believe I'm the Descendant of the first human couple which you don't accept
I congratulate you as a fish Descendant you're proud of. Seems that makes you better than I am
No more comments from my end
Enjoy your Thursday and do well to visit those ancestors in the blue sea, they'll welcome you and you won't ever return to land again
undecided
Yes, I'm a fish descendant. Any problem with that?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2023
Thorrn:

Of course it doesn't. And you cannot offer any solid proof to the contrary. We create "purpose" in our lives by our own personal values, beliefs, ideals and interests. So whatever YOU want in life, that's what life means to YOU. Life has not been shown to possess any inherent and/or objective purpose.

Obviously this is true, as far as we know. Nevertheless, I know you're trying to be sarcastic here, given that you actually do believe in an objective source of morality and creation in its' entirety. I understand that due to your apparent intellectual immaturity, you will not be able to appreciate the fact that despite having no inherent purpose, life is not entirely absurd. I'm not saying you should go kill yourself or something LOL. What I need you to learn is the fact that the meaning of life is ultimately subjective. A Christian doesn't share the same perception of reality with a pagan. Both don't share the same perception of reality with an atheist. The three of them don't share the same perception of reality with an agnostic deist. The "meaning" of life is defined by your own values and beliefs.

Finally, he confesses to his monumental cluelessness. LOL.

My life is rich and meaningful, thank you very much. I'm having fun doing my dream job and making good money while at it. I bet you cannot mention just one thing that makes your life as a Christian better than mine. Go ahead and let me have a laugh watching you try.

I know you're dumb, but at least try to be consistent. Just a little while ago, you said and I quote: I have no argument. So pray tell, what imaginary argument should I be refuting here? In all your glorious witlessness, you've already admitted that you have no idea what you're doing here.

Well, we can't live in the jungle with other wild animals because our abstract intelligence has made us realize that it is not a conducive environment for our species. So I'm not certain there's any connection between the religious stance of humans and where they choose as their natural habitat tongue.

Anybody who has followed our conversation so far will know that this charge is valid.

...is what your brain is full of.
Chai pity Aenemyjah and his bro Dliespeaker, its not their fault nah. This Nairaland outage has saved them
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:37pm On Dec 21, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Your life has no purpose. Ok sir
U really are a dummy. Someone told you she creates meaning for her life and u responded by saying her life is meaningless. No be juju?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
budaatum:

I'm actually speechless, Aemmyjah.
As in eh, the brainwashing is total

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

The topic is proof of God, and as I told you from the beginning which you saw, I said no thing about first cause. You are the one not being able to continue since you and your other co-debaters are not able to get past my answer.

We understand why you can't.

The standard of knowledge requiring me to prove is "All deities" not certain deitie as you can pull any deity from anywhere and immediately I say I do not know it, then you would say, I have not proven God above all other deiies. So,your plan no work.

And all these are still a departure from post and fallacy of demanding the impossible.

That's not True. There is nothing vague about marry us"/hardness of buying and selling or the fact that Israel is now a single country returning to the place where they were thrown out from.

And the mere fact that no other deity anywhere did not make any notable prediction like these, is a clear and distinct Proof of God as they were all free to predict their own prediction in whatever manner they wanted the world to see it come to pass but they did not because they are no gods just wood, iron and stone.

So in the end you have nothing here.

Fallacy of Begging the question and fallacy of composition.

By defining what a ship means does not automatically imply that The Federal High Court does not have jurisdiction over aircraft, territorial waters, airspace etc.

Clearly, you have no way of proceeding witb the argument.

That's your opinion. The fact is that it is your bad understanding of the bible is which created and causes all the lies you raise against the bible. And this is of course resting on the fact that the bible condemns evil people and consequently evil people will never like it and will always say something is wrong with it. It's as simple as that and everyone knows that is the reason why you people attack the bible.

But anyway, this is off point.
You're just talking gibberish. None of your posts made any meaning. Have you heard of Nostradamus? That dude made better predictions than your Holy Babble did, yet he's not touted to be a deity.
I have knocked those rubbish you posited as predictions. Other religions also have weak ass 'prophesies' like yours which fail like a pack of cards on scrutiny

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2023
kkins25:

If you can dispute it, why not tell us the purpose of life then?
I asked him the same question, the dullard dodged it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:44pm On Dec 21, 2023
Sand2022:

Fine one.

In addition miracles both past and present supports the existence of God.
Which miracles, sir
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 2:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
Aemmyjah:

1. Opposite of good cheesy
2. Opposite of evil grin
3. Every complex machinery must be operated according to the instructions and standards as the Maker assigned to it.... As humans, we can't give purpose to ourselves. Many people after accomplishing what they deem as their purpose to life still feel this void and emptiness. There is true happiness and satisfaction when we live our life according to the purpose set by the Creator even as we enjoy our prospects and activities.
If you employ someone into your workplace, he must do what you want. What if he never saw his boss, will he just start off doing anything he likes or he'll understand that the boss must have left instructions for him on what to do and how to do it.
As for me, I must live my life according to the instructions and standards of my Creator as set by the moral code even when I choose to enjoy other activities, prospects and careers too. Yes, we are made to do God's will
It may sound foolish to you but don't expect me to feel inferior to you who accepts the philosophy that life is purposeless and without design
Which is?
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yes, I'm a fish descendant. Any problem with that?

Greet your ancestors for me
I'm of human descent tho

Now it has been modified from ape to fish shey?
Tomorrow, you'll say you are bacteria descendant
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

U really are a dummy. Someone told you she creates meaning for her life and u responded by saying her life is meaningless. No be juju?

So originally, her existence was useless and purposeless. Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by kkins25(m): 4:02pm On Dec 21, 2023
Aemmyjah:

First off, good to be back. I kept checking Nairaland impulsively even though I knew it was off.

To comment, Can you tell us what your own purpose is? And, did you know of this purpose when you were, say, 14 years old?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Maynman: 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2023
budaatum:

I'm actually speechless, Aemmyjah.
Aemmyjah oooo 😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

So the other galaxies and stars don't exist? Or u don't know how they came about?

Do you see how crazy mad you atheists are? You claim not to believe in God because you do not see him yet even though you have never seen a galaxy or the stars beyond the twinkle twinkles, you believe them.

You people are jokers.
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

You're just talking gibberish. None of your posts made any meaning. Have you heard of Nostradamus? That dude made better predictions than your Holy Babble did, yet he's not touted to be a deity.
I have knocked those rubbish you posited as predictions. Other religions also have weak ass 'prophesies' like yours which fail like a pack of cards on scrutiny

See proof that you are a mad person? Everyone here can see that I knocked you out with those prophecies that you couldn't respond. So, you are just talking shit because you now saw that you could not answer hence why you had to jump into my response to Thorn to spill your gibberish. You already lost loser, so get off my mentions and let me see Thorns response. Your own case is finished and you lost, so go and suck your wounds.
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:05pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

Out of all the points I made, you chose the lamest one to respond to.
For your info, there are more females than men statistically and this can be explained biologically since the default sex in-utero is female, til the Mullerian Factor becomes inhibited and a male is formed.
So women asking men to marry them isn't new as the men cannot go round for all of them. It has been on for centuries, it abated due to polygamy but polygamy is getting outlawed so the female-male mismatch is getting bad again, what with wars and some male sex dominant disease decimating males.
This shows your IQ is lower than I thought

All your points were already lame, dead and stinking off points all proving my point that God's Prophecy came to pass, if you had an I.Q you would have known that you should just shut up and sbamefully slink away for there is absolutely nothing you should say grin
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Greet your ancestors for me
I'm of human descent tho

Now it has been modified from ape to fish shey?
Tomorrow, you'll say you are bacteria descendant
You really are a dullard. The evolution started from aquatic life, then get to the Great Apes, then humans. And tomorrow, you'll call yourself a biologist when you don't even know basic evolution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2023
Aemmyjah:

When you were born, was your existence/purpose explained to you verbally, or you had to read it in a book?
Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:34pm On Dec 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you see how crazy mad you atheists are? You claim not to believe in God because you do not see him yet even though you have never seen a galaxy or the stars beyond the twinkle twinkles, you believe them.

You people are jokers.
Bro, we know those galaxies exist. How?
1. There are videos/pictures of then taken copiously.
2. We can actually view them if we use more powerful telescopes like the Hubble
3. We humans have gone there with spaceships and taken samples there, conducted experiments etc
I can go on about the reality of galaxies
But ask a Christian about the reality of their yahweh, and you'll hear all sorts of excuses ranging from
1. Only the pure see him(when in the babble both the wicked and righteous see him
2. He is a spirit(When he regularly dined with folks like Moses in the Babble)
Etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

See proof that you are a mad person? Everyone here can see that I knocked you out with those prophecies that you couldn't respond. So, you are just talking shit because you now saw that you could not answer hence why you had to jump into my response to Thorn to spill your gibberish. You already lost loser, so get off my mentions and let me see Thorns response. Your own case is finished and you lost, so go and suck your wounds.

Lol. Delusions of grandeur. Severe schiz
Please answer my questions. The stupid prophecies that said Dliespeaker would lie? Of course we all know you would lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by jaephoenix(m): 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

All your points were already lame, dead and stinking off points all proving my point that God's Prophecy came to pass, if you had an I.Q you would have known that you should just shut up and sbamefully slink away for there is absolutely nothing you should say grin
Lol. Guys as you can see this guy has no rebuttal.
Next time choose who u cross with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:53pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

When you were born, was your existence/purpose explained to you verbally, or you had to read it in a book?

Explained here
I'm here for a purpose with or without book... Does the earth have a purpose?
Since you prefer what was said not written, you're free to accept that life is meaningless and without reliable guide
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:54pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

You really are a dullard. The evolution started from aquatic life, then get to the Great Apes, then humans. And tomorrow, you'll call yourself a biologist when you don't even know basic evolution

Which aquatic life?
Pls don't call me a dullard for not accepting science that has not been proved

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:59pm On Dec 21, 2023
kkins25:
First off, good to be back. I kept checking Nairaland impulsively even though I knew it was off.

To comment, Can you tell us what your own purpose is? And, did you know of this purpose when you were, say, 14 years old?

Consciousness
We intelligent humans have this consciousness that make us want to know more of ourselves, our environment, the future and past and to learn from them.
The consciousness of our purpose is not revealed to us at birth. We must follow a reliable guide. From who? This creator just as you win follow the guide to use an appliance you don't really know it's purpose... That is valid cos common sense tells us that humans life on earth was not by accident but intelligent mind... Only that mind can reveal it to us not we ourselves
... People that say life is useless and purposeless are highly delusional
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. Guys as you can see this guy has no rebuttal.
Next time choose who u cross with

Everyone can see that you are the lying guy who ran off point in his desperate attempt to find a rebuttal and lying in the process and lying again in the end after seeing that he had no valid way to go grin

There is no valid argument against The Truth Loser. grin
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. Delusions of grandeur. Severe schiz
Please answer my questions. The stupid prophecies that said Dliespeaker would lie? Of course we all know you would lie

Drink your tears loser, you're burnt meat.
Re: Does God Exist? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bro, we know those galaxies exist. How?
1. There are videos/pictures of then taken copiously.
2. We can actually view them if we use more powerful telescopes like the Hubble
3. We humans have gone there with spaceships and taken samples there, conducted experiments etc
I can go on about the reality of galaxies
But ask a Christian about the reality of their yahweh, and you'll hear all sorts of excuses ranging from
1. Only the pure see him(when in the babble both the wicked and righteous see him
2. He is a spirit(When he regularly dined with folks like Moses in the Babble)
Etc

So Spider-Man exists because we have videos and pictures right? Please you guys are just jokers who also believe in things you have never seen most especially as it is welll known that people do not speak nor relate with unpleasant and evil people.
Re: Does God Exist? by kkins25(m): 11:58am On Dec 22, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Consciousness
We intelligent humans have this consciousness that make us want to know more of ourselves, our environment, the future and past and to learn from them.
The consciousness of our purpose is not revealed to us at birth. We must follow a reliable guide. From who? This creator just as you win follow the guide to use an appliance you don't really know it's purpose... That is valid cos common sense tells us that humans life on earth was not by accident but intelligent mind... Only that mind can reveal it to us not we ourselves
... People that say life is useless and purposeless are highly delusional

Consciousnessis being able to look in the mirror and go "Hey,that's me!" Hope you know some animals can also do the same.
That aside, your statement is very vague.... First, I was expecting you to define "purpose." Why? Of course every body's purpose is different right? So, as an atheist, where is my guide? I don't read the bible, does that make me purposeless?

I have not communicated with any extraterritorial being, does that mean that I don't have a purpose?

So, at what point is purpose revealed to someone? Answer these questions first, then we can both unveil the lack of thought in your statements.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by kkins25(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Which aquatic life?
Pls don't call me a dullard for not accepting science that has not been proved
it's been proved that life began from aquatic life. We can deduce that, since water is an essential ingredient for life, then the likelihood that life originated from water is very high.

If God made adam from dust, why does Adam share 97% of his DNA with a Chimpanzee? Was the Chimpanzee also made from dust? Did God use the Chimpanzee as model to design Adam?

We also know vetebrates came from the ocean because we have animals that have incompletely developed vetebra living in the ocean. Perharps, we can call them the "transition stage. It's weird don't you think? That God made man in his image, yet the only thing that resembles man the most is a Chimpanzee. If you ask me, God was a Chimpanzee.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by kkins25(m): 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

So Spider-Man exists because we have videos and pictures right? Please you guys are just jokers who also believe in things you have never seen most especially as it is welll known that people do not speak nor relate with unpleasant and evil people.

Try to burn some calories to think, sir. Imagine a timeline of 1000 years where war tears the earth apart. Historical records are lost. Technology is lost. Language completely changed. And, in a small bush gathering, the oldest man is educating his community members about a man who could spin webs like a spider, and was the savior of humanity. He claims this story was told to him by his father. His father was told by his own father, and so on and so forth.

You see? Spiderman, even though a fictional character, would now be considered an ancestor with super human strength. We already have historical records of people turning men into deities bro. One common example is Buddha. Orunmila is another example from the Yoruba mythology. But, there's concencus that he was a man. Another is Oduduwa. Even in the bible, specifically the book of Hebrews, you find the writer philosophizing about the deification of Jesus. It's a common phenomenon that happens and happened through out man's wretched life.

Put the dots together. If the Indians, who have one of the oldest forms of writing, could turn their fellow man into a deity, isn't it possible that Spider-Man could eventually be seen as God, in the right circumstances?

Okay, let me present this argument from Jesus to you. Suppose you were born a skeptic. How would you discern the true religion? Jesus categorically tells you that a good tree would bear good fruit,right? So, judging by the fruit of the Europeans who whipped Christianity into your blood, is Christianity the "way, the truth, and the life?

if you want to think christ-like, these are the questions you need to ask yourself. Why? Because, like most xtians, you were born in to a Christian home and a Christian nation. Same for Hindus, Muslims, etc. Most didn't choose God, their parents did----on their behalf.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 1:06pm On Dec 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
Everyone here can see that I knocked you out with those prophecies that you couldn't respond.

Not, everyone, dt. I'm here and I do not see that you knocked anyone out, and in fact think it's a childish claim to make unless one were at the mental age of teenager, and that apart from it's lack of truth.

Don't take my word for it though. Count the quotes to see who sees what you claim everyone sees. It might make you consider looking again with your eyes open.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (63) (Reply)

Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? / Niger State CAN Reacts To Buhari’s National Broadcast / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.