Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Does God Exist? - Religion (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (16835 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by achorladey: 5:53pm On Jan 26
Aemmyjah:

Nucleotides are not chemicals sir. I hope you studied DNA well
You can't teach me something that yu don't even understand 1%

Have you even considered how their makeup to happen just by Chance? It's more than impossible

Pride is before a fall. The biologist abi na microbiologist bragging and yet simple basic less than 1% you miss cheesy grin grin

When the sense of your joining discussion is to win arguments and having that mindset you know more than others. This kind of outcome is inevitable grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by SIRTeee15: 6:02pm On Jan 26
LordReed:

LoLz. Ok name 5 core beliefs of Christianity.

The core beliefs of christianity consist of what is needed to attain salvation thru Christ Jesus which is atonement, repentance and redemption; then gaining eternal life into the kingdom of God via grace.
Any other thing is secondary.

To achieve the above, a believer must accept
1. Jesus is the saviour of the world, he came to this world to redeem humanity and reconcile them back to God.
2. Jesus died, resurrected and ascended into heaven.
3. Salvation is only thru the precious blood of Jesus Christ and nothing else
5. Jesus is the ONLY way to the Father and U call upon God in his name.
6. The reward for following Jesus is eternal life and immortality in afterlife.
7. Above is possible because Jesus is the son of God which makes him divine.
A Christian must believe Jesus is the son of God and acknowledge the divinity that comes with the title.
Being son of God means Jesus is pre-existence, he's the same substance and divinity as the father. He's at the right hand of God which means he's of the same status and should be worshiped/honoured same way as the father.

Now everything I wrote here is in the bible and attested in Jesus own words.

The problem is some confusionist are going about looking for where Jesus said he's God in unambiguous term- whatever that means.
Unfortunately some Christians fall for the trap and ask the same naive question.
But it's ok, so long as a Christian acknowledge Jesus is the son of God and worship him as the eternal king of kings and Lord of lords, it's fine. Trinity is not jealous, your ignorance will be cured in heaven.

Jesus did not even come to the world to prove he's God in the first place. He didn't announce himself as God, that's something he want us to discover by our self.

So LordReed, did Bart Erhman said any of my highlighted point contradicted themselves in the textual manuscripts we have?
If not, then he's just a waste of time.

Claiming Christianity is a lie because the scriptures couldn't agree on the day Jesus was crucified or different numbers of people that saw Jesus after his resurrection seems to me like a attention seeking behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Maynmaynmayn: 2:08am On Jan 27
SIRTeee15:

Claiming Christianity is a lie because the scriptures couldn't agree on the day Jesus was crucified or different numbers of people that saw Jesus after his resurrection seems to me like a attention seeking behaviour.

Credulity.
The same scriptures that is inspired by yahweh don't agree with each other 😂

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by kkins25(m): 2:38am On Jan 27
SIRTeee15:

Jesus did not even come to the world to prove he's God in the first place. He didn't announce himself as God, that's something he want us to discover by our self.

grin grin grin grin grin
otilor
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does God Exist? by SIRTeee15: 4:21am On Jan 27
Maynmaynmayn:

Credulity.
The same scriptures that is inspired by yahweh don't agree with each other 😂
Stop quoting me I don't want to talk to u
As u can see, this thread was sane and lively when U were away.
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynmaynmayn: 7:22am On Jan 27
SIRTeee15:

Stop quoting me I don't want to talk to u
As u can see, this thread was sane and lively when U were away.
I will quote whoever I want, you don't need to reply.

I'm here to expose your barreness.
Re: Does God Exist? by HellVictorinho6(m): 1:58pm On Jan 27
Maynmaynmayn:

I will quote whoever I want, you don't need to reply.

I'm here to expose your barreness.

At least

U aint do certain shit no more
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynmaynmayn: 2:07pm On Jan 27
HellVictorinho6:

At least

U aint do certain shit no more
same as you, or do you still beg online?
Re: Does God Exist? by HellVictorinho6(m): 2:34pm On Jan 27
Maynmaynmayn:
same as you, or do you still beg online?

Wat av seen in life is so far from fair

Lost so much in several ways

So ur questions boring

If u neva beg nobody 4 nothing,

Aint amazing

Seems u just do nairaland 4 trolling,bantering and other such tracks

U always ready 4 a dissing contest

I aint got no time 4 that cuz i see battles everyday, even in the dream,

These badlucks be chasing me everywhere

Aint settled anywhere

U are tha least of my setbacks
Re: Does God Exist? by Maynmaynmayn: 2:34pm On Jan 27
HellVictorinho6:

Wat av seen in life is so far from fair

Lost so much in several ways

So ur questions boring

If u neva beg nobody 4 nothing,

Aint amazing

Seems u just do nairaland 4 trolling,bantering and other such tracks

U always ready 4 a dissing contest

I aint got no time 4 that cuz i see battles everyday, even in the dream,

These badlucks be chasing me everywhere

Aint settled anywhere

U are tha least of my setbacks
🥱
Re: Does God Exist? by HellVictorinho6(m): 2:49pm On Jan 27
Maynmaynmayn:

🥱

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 9:00am On Jan 28
SIRTeee15:

In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while[a] Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.

Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the great who died 4BC. Quirinus became governor of Syria covering Judea in 6CE after the removal of one of Herod's son archeulas- this must have been 10 yrs after Jesus was born.

When Quirinus became governor, he conducted a census for taxation purpose in Judea region in 6CE. This census was well known in history because it elicited a Jewish revolt led by Judas of Galilee.

Now Luke wanted his readers to understand that the census he was referring to wasnt the popular one conducted in 6CE but an earlier one which was done few years prior.

It's been said Quirinus held administrative power in the Syria region prior to becoming governor as part of a dual governorship with Gaius Sentius Saturninus, the former holding military and the latter political power.

Luke 2.2 in greek koine could also mean ‘this was the registration before Quirinius was governor of Syria.’

This would mean that before the ‘famous’ AD 6 census of Quirinius, another one was carried out.

Qurinius wouldn't carry out anymore census after the disastrous one of 6CE. 'this the first census' mentioned in Luke 2.2 could only mean prior to 6CE which was during the reign of Herod the great.

Where is the evidence for this first census?
Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 1:05am On Feb 12
Aemmyjah:

This one does not know anything joor
You sure say you go school?

Are you sure you can read? Or you read just the highlighted and decided to troll without adding anything? Calm down, read my post and come back with a better argument.
Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:01am On Feb 12
kimco:

You must have evidence beyond reasonable doubt. Sight is one way but even our senses can be deceptive. So you need to scrutinize it. Example if I see Chris Angel walking on water, my skeptical brain would like to know how he did it. How did he defy the laws of physics? I cannot just believe it just because I saw it. You understand me?

You're raising a totally wrong idea!

If you see someone walking on water and you don't trust your own eyes then it means something is wrong with your brain.
What you need after seeing it isn't about you believing it anymore because you saw it with your own eyes happening rather what you should have said is "how to convince others who may find it really difficult to believe what you saw" not you again who is an eyewitness.

For instance if you and your wife saw someone entered your house without using the keys while all the doors are locked and he walked towards your safe where all your money is kept do you still need someone to tell you it really happened? Not when your own wife is with you seeing everything together.

So if you and many others saw man walking on water what you need as evidence is to ask those close to you at the spot if they are also seeing it but for you to convince someone who is not present it will be difficult that's what could lead you into scrutinizing what you saw but you and others at the event needs no further verification because you are eyewitnesses to the event! undecided
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:46am On Feb 12
kimco:

Are you sure you can read? Or you read just the highlighted and decided to troll without adding anything? Calm down, read my post and come back with a better argument.

Explain how sight or seeing does not give evidence

I see a house in my village, nobody knows who built it. The house in itself is evidence that it was built even if you never saw the builder
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:58am On Feb 12
MaxInDHouse:

If you see someone walking on water and you don't trust your own eyes then it means something is wrong with your brain.
What you need after seeing it isn't about you believing it anymore because you saw it with your own eyes happening rather what you should have said is "how to convince others who may find it really difficult to believe what you saw" not you again who is an eyewitness.

For instance if you and your wife saw someone entered your house without using the keys while all the doors are locked and he walked towards your safe where all your money is kept do you still need someone to tell you it really happened? Not when your own wife is with you seeing everything together.

So if you and many others saw man walking on water what you need as evidence is to ask those close to you at the spot if they are also seeing it but for you to convince someone who is not present it will be difficult that's what could lead you into scrutinizing what you saw but you and others at the event needs no further verification because you are eyewitnesses to the event! undecided

Thank you
Don't mind him
Let's atheism keep fooling him
Small time he'll say logic is no evidence
Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:04am On Feb 12
Aemmyjah:

Thank you
Don't mind him
Let's atheism keep fooling him
Small time he'll say logic is no evidence

An atheist may be intelligent but wisdom is far away from them!
They say there is no evidence of God's existence but then they will like you to believe in what no one can see simply because they created a means to convince others.
For instance if you ask an atheist to prove that oxygen exists they will tell you to follow them into a laboratory but why not just point to oxygen since you say it's everywhere living things are? undecided
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:12am On Feb 12
MaxInDHouse:

An atheist may be intelligent but wisdom is far away from them!
They say there is no evidence of God's existence but then they will like you to believe in what no one can see simply because they created a means to convince others.
For instance if you ask an atheist to prove that oxygen exists they will tell you to follow them into a laboratory but why not just point to oxygen since you say it's everywhere living things are? undecided

Abi
It is like someone in the village. He hears that people can travel to another planet. He does not agree and say he'll only believe if sees videos showing the journey and how the person landed on Mars

They have all the evidence of the creatorship which is inexcusable. This one is saying seeing is not evidence. ATHEISM is a curse

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:35am On Feb 12
Aemmyjah:

ATHEISM is a curse

There are billions of atheists but majority of them are claiming believers that's why most of them feel they're better than their neighbours.

The title "GOD" connotes "SUPREME BEING" so whoever fails to present the organized worshipers of the supreme being is also an atheist not just those claiming they're atheists.
Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 7:42pm On Feb 12
Aemmyjah:

Explain how sight or seeing does not give evidence

I see a house in my village, nobody knows who built it. The house in itself is evidence that it was built even if you never saw the builder
the issue is not whether it was built but who built or owns it. That's the actual argument. I know where you are going with this but the analogy is flawed because you missed what the actual inquiry was about.
Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12
MaxInDHouse:

So if you saw someone walking on water you won't inquire if it real or they are pulling a trick on you? And those who question the legitimacy of what they see are the ones with something wrong with their brain? Imagine that. I have a "miracle" to show you later. But you are right about one thing, even if you say what you saw was real, you need to prove to others that what you saw was real, can you do that? Cos what you saw must also leave evidence to back your claim otherwise you might be hallucinating (happens).Irrefutable evidence is important to the scientific findings. When you see something, clarify it, if you see a thief in your house but no forced entry or stolen goods or footprint, just nothing and you still claim you saw someone in your house, then you need to check yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:49pm On Feb 12
kimco:

So if you saw someone walking on water you won't inquire if it real or they are pulling a trick on you? And those who question the legitimacy of what they see are the ones with something wrong with their brain? Imagine that. I have a "miracle" to show you later. But you are right about one thing, even if you say what you saw was real, you need to prove to others that what you saw was real, can you do that? Cos what you saw must also leave evidence to back your claim otherwise you might be hallucinating (happens).Irrefutable evidence is important to the scientific findings. When you see something, clarify it, if you see a thief in your house but no forced entry or stolen goods or footprint, just nothing and you still claim you saw someone in your house, then you need to check yourself.

If you see something that seems impossible all you need to confirm it really happened is the person next to you but to convince someone else that is when you need evidence not what you yourself saw with your own eyes.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:02pm On Feb 12
kimco:
the issue is not whether it was built but who built or owns it. That's the actual argument. I know where you are going with this but the analogy is flawed because you missed what the actual inquiry was about.

Your own point and example is also invalid

500 years ago, someone said that one day, humans will be able to fly? Is that false today? Are we flying or not?
Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 12:55am On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

500 years ago, someone said that one day, humans will be able to fly? Is that false today? Are we flying or not?
what has this got to do with our argument please?
Re: Does God Exist? by kimco(m): 12:57am On Feb 13
MaxInDHouse:

If you see something that seems impossible all you need to confirm it really happened is the person next to you but to convince someone else that is when you need evidence not what you yourself saw with your own eyes.

That is not all you need to confirm that it's real. If both of you saw a man walking on air or water and you confirm the next person is seeing it too, you will believe without any investigation that indeed they are walking on water? Just because the other person agrees with you? Dude be skeptical in life. You will find out a lot in life this way. You won't be easily deceived as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:58am On Feb 13
kimco:

That is not all you need to confirm that it's real. If both of you saw a man walking on air or water and you confirm the next person is seeing it too, you will believe without any investigation that indeed they are walking on water? Just because the other person agrees with you? Dude be skeptical in life. You will find out a lot in life this way. You won't be easily deceived as well.

There is nothing to find out again after seeing something with my own eyes and confirming from the the people around me to be sure that i'm not dreaming.
What you should know is that it's not all the events happening around you that you can prove because there are UNSEEN BEINGS who are also partaking in the events around us so insisting on finding out everything when it has little or nothing to do with your life will put you in danger as you have to meet the unseen beings and since they don't make themselves visible to everyone you who have seen them must become one of their agents otherwise they will kill you or make you run mad. Most insanes in the streets are seeing living creatures that you can't see and they are trying to avoid them but since you can't see them you will conclude that these is nothing as such.
So my guy someone walking on water may be one of their agents they are the ones telling him where to put his legs because they are there to put something upon which he is standing but you who has no business with them will continue to make the research and you will never ever find anything until you choose to become one of their agents.
That's the hidden truth atheism may seems appealing but it doesn't provide all the answers you want in life because there are billions of unseen beings around you whether you believe it or not they are living with us! smiley
Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:03am On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

I have known this guy for someone time now i never knew ATHEISM is gradually getting hold of him now i'm convinced that the owner of this forum is using it to initiate inexperienced followers into ATHEISM, no wonder many times they have blocked my posts in fact as i'm typing now i can't add pictures to my posts anymore whenever i try to do so something will just pop up telling me it's impossible while others are still adding pictures to their comments.

So my brother kimco has been initiated into atheism the same way most of them on this forum are being initiated, just imagine a sane person saying he is not yet convinced of what he saw with his own eyes and also confirmed from people around him simply because he doesn't want to admit that there are unseen beings around us.
I am planning to delete my account on this forum and never have anything to do with it again because i have noticed that the owner and moderators have realized that my posts are really powerful and they don't want such.

Each time religionists insult and curse others they will not ban them so i played along with them for sometimes but now that i no longer do such i was banned from commenting!
Re: Does God Exist? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:22am On Feb 13
Aemmyjah:

Abi
It is like someone in the village. He hears that people can travel to another planet. He does not agree and say he'll only believe if sees videos showing the journey and how the person landed on Mars

They have all the evidence of the creatorship which is inexcusable. This one is saying seeing is not evidence. ATHEISM is a curse

This is the same kimco when he still believes he is a Christian but today it's obvious he now advocates atheism.

kimco:

Oh dear...we christians and over dramatization. I say the guy isn't a hardened criminal...jux someone who was forced into the act and jux needed someone to ''bring him home''. Glad it was the word of God that did. But pls let's stop being drama queens.

I hope the guy has changed his ways tho.

So this forum is used to initiate them into atheism and if they realize that you're too hard for them to initiate they will start frustrating you with bans each time you make strong comments. smiley
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:30am On Feb 13
MaxInDHouse:

This is the same kimco when he still believes he is a Christian but today it's obvious he now advocates atheism.

So this forum is used to initiate them into atheism and if they realize that you're too hard for them to initiate they will start frustrating you with bans each time you make strong comments. smiley

Kimco
Wetin sup na?
What made you embrace atheism?
Re: Does God Exist? by Rejoice28(f): 3:06pm On Feb 13
Yes, he does
Re: Does God Exist? by Emusan(m): 3:22pm On Feb 13
kimco:

The thing is, not everything you can explain to people and they will understand.

How can you explain to someone who is not in the engineering field of how billions of Transistor and capacitors can fit into a space of 15mm X 15mm silicon wafer and all these working together perfectly?

And then compare this on how the creator was able to part DNA in a space of 20-30 micrometres of cell.
Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 6:22pm On Feb 14
kimco:

You should not expect that others use their mind as diligently as you do. Just see how Adam is written to have believed he would die if he nourished himself with fruits of a tree of knowledge while Eve disbelieved and bother to check with her own senses, and thereby freed herself and Adam from naked ignorant slavery. Both went on to live some 800 years afterwards, we read, during which they are written to have populated the entire earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

See How This Equation And Analogy Prove The Idea Of The Trinity Wrong / The Coming Of Christ / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.