Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Does God Exist? - Religion (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Exist? (16843 Views)

Is There A Way To Prove God Exist Apart From The Scripture? / There’s No Evidence That Your God Exist / Even If God Exist, It Can’t Be The Christian God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 5:52pm On Jan 24
Aemmyjah:

So they are just A C G T right?
DNA has codes
Have you studied genetics before?
Codes are evidence of intelligence because you have to translate from one language to another.
Will you tell us there is no translation in DNA?
Can translation of a language happen by accident?
You're suffering from ignorance and arrogance but you say I have poor education cool

Bwahahahahaha! I am sure you think when they express DNA strings as arrangements of A C G T is what you are calling code.

LoLz! Do you even know what translation is with regards to DNA? I bet you think it means to translate it into English. Bwahahahahaha! OMFD! LMFAO!
Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 5:58pm On Jan 24
Aemmyjah:

The earth is rotating is a fact or probability?
Dis guy just de jonze

You don't even know what you are objecting to. It was both. When the earth was forming there was a chance that it would emerge tidally locked and not rotate.

I urge you to go back to school, at least primary school since it looks like you can still wear uniform and sit on their seats. Kindergarten teachers will reject you as too big but that's where you really belong.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:07pm On Jan 24
LordReed2nd:

You don't even know what you are objecting to. It was both. When the earth was forming there was a chance that it would emerge tidally locked and not rotate.

I urge you to go back to school, at least primary school since it looks like you can still wear uniform and sit on their seats. Kindergarten teachers will reject you as too big but that's where you really belong.

U are very ignorant
It's a shame how atheism has locked your brain to reality
Science says that earth has a perfect tilt and orbit and that was so as to sustain life
Is that a result of blind chance?

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:09pm On Jan 24
LordReed2nd:

Bwahahahahaha! I am sure you think when they express DNA strings as arrangements of A C G T is what you are calling code.

LoLz! Do you even know what translation is with regards to DNA? I bet you think it means to translate it into English. Bwahahahahaha! OMFD! LMFAO!

Does DNA has codes? Yes or No?
DNA undergoes translation (as geneticists term it) Yes or No?

Lemme bring your understanding down to primary Yes or No questions

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 8:17pm On Jan 24
Aemmyjah:

Does DNA has codes? Yes or No?
DNA undergoes translation (as geneticists term it) Yes or No?

Lemme bring your understanding down to primary Yes or No questions

Big fat NO!!! I dunno how many times you will be told that.
Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 8:19pm On Jan 24
Aemmyjah:

U are very ignorant
It's a shame how atheism has locked your brain to reality
Science says that earth has a perfect tilt and orbit and that was so as to sustain life
Is that a result of blind chance?

And you are so very dumb that you can't understand simple English.

Science never said such a thing you dum dumb.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:19pm On Jan 24
LordReed2nd:

Big fat NO!!! I dunno how many times you will be told that.

In that case, you know absolutely nothing about genetics and DNA cos the answers to those two questions are yes and they are scientific facts that you can examine for yourself in the lab. Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24
LordReed2nd:

And you are so very dumb that you can't understand simple English.

Science never said such a thing you dum dumb.

😂 🤣 😂
You be clown walahi
Anti-science agent

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 8:25pm On Jan 24
Aemmyjah:

In that case, you know absolutely nothing about genetics and DNA cos the answers to those two questions are yes and they are scientific facts that you can examine for yourself in the lab. Ignoramus

LMAO! Look at this dumbfucktard who thinks abbreviating proteins to the first letters of their names means they are a code. You are too stupid to learn and until you admit that to yourself you'll be stuck in this loop of stupidity.
Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 8:27pm On Jan 24
Aemmyjah:

😂 🤣 😂
You be clown walahi
Anti-science agent

And you are an asswipe. LoLz.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:30pm On Jan 24
LordReed2nd:

LMAO! Look at this dumbfucktard who thinks abbreviating proteins to the first letters of their names means they are a code. You are too stupid to learn and until you admit that to yourself you'll be stuck in this loop of stupidity.

What is DNA made of? DNA is made of chemical building blocks called nucleotides. These building blocks are made of three parts: a phosphate group, a sugar group and one of four types of nitrogen bases...

You're just throwing fire to distract an argument on scientific fact. I said DNA has codes, you say something else. De olay6

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 8:33pm On Jan 24
Aemmyjah:

What is DNA made of? DNA is made of chemical building blocks called nucleotides. These building blocks are made of three parts: a phosphate group, a sugar group and one of four types of nitrogen bases...

You're just throwing fire to distract an argument on scientific fact. I said DNA has codes, you say something else. De olay6

Lemme ask you a yes or no question: are the nucleotides chemicals, yes or no.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:39pm On Jan 24
LordReed2nd:

Lemme ask you a yes or no question: are the nucleotides chemicals, yes or no.

Nucleotides are not chemicals sir. I hope you studied DNA well
You can't teach me something that yu don't even understand 1%

Have you even considered how their makeup to happen just by Chance? It's more than impossible

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 8:46pm On Jan 24
Aemmyjah:

Nucleotides are not chemicals sir. I hope you studied DNA well
You can't teach me something that yu don't even understand 1%

Have you even considered how their makeup to happen just by Chance? It's more than impossible

Wrong! They are organic compounds and an organic compound is in fact a chemical!

You keep alluding to something I never said. Point to where I said DNA came by chance.

Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:51pm On Jan 24
LordReed2nd:

Wrong! They are organic compounds and an organic compound is in fact a chemical!

You keep alluding to something I never said. Point to where I said DNA came by chance.

Ok
My bad
I accept that
And it adds to my collection and I say thank you cos of my limited understanding of the word chemicals

Now,
Looking at how the DNA is formed
The nucleotides, Pentose and all that
Are they just from the random mix of just any chemicals or elements... Remember they have their own sub-units and structure...

Did they just happen by chance?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 9:01pm On Jan 24
Aemmyjah:

Ok
My bad
I accept that
And it adds to my collection and I say thank you cos of my limited understanding of the word chemicals

Now,
Looking at how the DNA is formed
The nucleotides, Pentose and all that
Are they just from the random mix of just any chemicals or elements... Remember they have their own sub-units and structure...

Did they just happen by chance?

Now that you accept that they are chemicals the next step is to understand that chemicals have set way of behaving thus they always in the same proportions react the same way. Which means every time you bring together 2 molecules of hydrogen and 1 molecule of oxygen you will get 1 molecule of H2O aka water. Protein formation is way more complex but follows the same principles, when nitrogen, carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and others are mixed in the right conditions they will produce amino acids which in turn produce proteins. THIS IS NOT RANDOM CHANCE, their formation is inevitable where ever the conditions for chemical reactions are met just like the formation of water.
Re: Does God Exist? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:52pm On Jan 24
LordReed2nd:

Now that you accept that they are chemicals the next step is to understand that chemicals have set way of behaving thus they always in the same proportions react the same way. Which means every time you bring together 2 molecules of hydrogen and 1 molecule of oxygen you will get 1 molecule of H2O aka water. Protein formation is way more complex but follows the same principles, when nitrogen, carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and others are mixed in the right conditions they will produce amino acids which in turn produce proteins. THIS IS NOT RANDOM CHANCE, their formation is inevitable where ever the conditions for chemical reactions are met just like the formation of water.

They are not product of evolution accident shey?

3 Likes

Re: Does God Exist? by Mrvictorwrite(m): 12:30am On Jan 25
Yes i believe God exist because sign after prayers can tell

bring your assignments and projects
Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 2:58am On Jan 25
SIRTeee15:

How do U know it's not Bart Erhman. Have u read his book misquoting Jesus.
U people seem to hold this guy in some god-like infallible esteem.

Read page 252 of misquoting Jesus Q&A edition, the statement is there.

https://isjesusalive.com/are-the-doctrines-of-christianity-effected-by-textual-variants-even-bart-ehrman-says-no/

You are the one waving Bart Erhman here, so you might want to read his blog.

https://ehrmanblog.org/why-i-am-not-a-christian/

Re: Does God Exist? by budaatum: 3:05am On Jan 25
Smartly, he collects 'tithes'. cheesy

https://ehrmanblog.org/register/

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed2nd(m): 5:37am On Jan 25
Aemmyjah:

They are not product of evolution accident shey?

Define accident.
Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 5:12pm On Jan 25
SIRTeee15:

Watch 1.5 hrs of Bart Erhman doing shalaye when he himself admitted his gist of a book didn't nullify the core Christian belief.

U watch and tell me if he actually denied ever saying the quote I brought up here.
That's all I care about.

Here is an even less ambiguous statement in a video from 7 months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2STiabRV8TE?t=26

So no buddy Bart Ehrman did not say the changes to the text do not affect central Christian doctrine.

Re: Does God Exist? by SIRTeee15: 2:57am On Jan 26
LordReed:

Here is an even less ambiguous statement in a video from 7 months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2STiabRV8TE?t=26

So no buddy Bart Ehrman did not say the changes to the text do not affect central Christian doctrine.

I don taya for your Mata.
Bart Erhman confirmed the core Christian beliefs do not change despite the different textual variants.

What's he's harping on is different theological interpretation of the doctrines which to me is not unexpected.
Christian denominations dont agree on same doctrines based on different interpretation of the scriptures. So what's the new thing he discovered?

The question is did he expose Christianity as fraud or false. The answer is no.
Has any atheist scholar come up with anything that depicts Christianity as fake? The answer is No

So if u lose your faith because the scriptures didn't agree on the day Jesus was crucified, then maybe Jesus didn't die for u in the first place.

Read his submission here on his own blog.

https://ehrmanblog.org/who-cares-do-the-variants-in-the-manuscripts-matter-for-anything/

Re: Does God Exist? by SIRTeee15: 3:02am On Jan 26
budaatum:
Smartly, he collects 'tithes'. cheesy

https://ehrmanblog.org/register/

Na smart guy now. The fool and his money will soon part.
Don't worry, he's going to write another book soon to keep his sheepie happy....why Jesus is not superman.
Man must chop and fools must stay gullible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by SIRTeee15: 3:36am On Jan 26
LordReed2nd:

LMAO! I guess atheists have started asking you for 10% of your every income and the whole of your first income of the year and sacrificial seed and free will offerings every Sunday and freewill offering during WEEKLY meetings and free will offering during house fellowship. What a scam these atheists must be perpetrating on you.

Where is this evidence against atheism? As in evidence against not believing in a god? How does that work?

LMAO@"The Christian faith is the only one that is archeological, historical, logical and philosophical valid". Let us take history for example, when was the census of Quirinus and when did Herod die? Explain when Roman census started requiring people to travel to their home towns to be counted.

I got off the train 5½years now and have no single compulsion to get back on. There's nothing I miss that will ever drag me back to being a Christian. Even if I started worshipping Jesus again tomorrow I'd never be a Christian.

In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world. 2 (This was the first census that took place while[a] Quirinius was governor of Syria.) 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.

Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the great who died 4BC. Quirinus became governor of Syria covering Judea in 6CE after the removal of one of Herod's son archeulas- this must have been 10 yrs after Jesus was born.

When Quirinus became governor, he conducted a census for taxation purpose in Judea region in 6CE. This census was well known in history because it elicited a Jewish revolt led by Judas of Galilee.

Now Luke wanted his readers to understand that the census he was referring to wasnt the popular one conducted in 6CE but an earlier one which was done few years prior.

It's been said Quirinus held administrative power in the Syria region prior to becoming governor as part of a dual governorship with Gaius Sentius Saturninus, the former holding military and the latter political power.

Luke 2.2 in greek koine could also mean ‘this was the registration before Quirinius was governor of Syria.’

This would mean that before the ‘famous’ AD 6 census of Quirinius, another one was carried out.

Qurinius wouldn't carry out anymore census after the disastrous one of 6CE. 'this the first census' mentioned in Luke 2.2 could only mean prior to 6CE which was during the reign of Herod the great.
Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 9:25am On Jan 26
SIRTeee15:

I don taya for your Mata.
Bart Erhman confirmed the core Christian beliefs do not change despite the different textual variants.

What's he's harping on is different theological interpretation of the doctrines which to me is not unexpected.
Christian denominations dont agree on same doctrines based on different interpretation of the scriptures. So what's the new thing he discovered?

The question is did he expose Christianity as fraud or false. The answer is no.
Has any atheist scholar come up with anything that depicts Christianity as fake? The answer is No

So if u lose your faith because the scriptures didn't agree on the day Jesus was crucified, then maybe Jesus didn't die for u in the first place.

Read his submission here on his own blog.

https://ehrmanblog.org/who-cares-do-the-variants-in-the-manuscripts-matter-for-anything/

I tire for you too. Here you are trying to change the argument. The question was NOT if he exposed Christianity as fraud or false, it was do the discrepancies and changes affect core beliefs and the answer is a resounding YES. Not because they make the beliefs null and void rather because you can find manuscripts to support whatever interpretation you want.

The video I linked Bart says very clear Jesus never says he is god, does that not affect a core belief of Christianity?

BTW here's what Bart says on the question of the greek writers of the gospels.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by Maynmaynmayn: 10:06am On Jan 26
SIRTeee15:

Jesus was born during the reign of Herod the great who died 4BC.
Jesus was born before Herod died na, oya tweak your delusion.😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by SIRTeee15: 11:33am On Jan 26
LordReed:

I tire for you too. Here you are trying to change the argument. The question was NOT if he exposed Christianity as fraud or false, it was do the discrepancies and changes affect core beliefs and the answer is a resounding YES. Not because they make the beliefs null and void rather because you can find manuscripts to support whatever interpretation you want.

The video I linked Bart says very clear Jesus never says he is god, does that not affect a core belief of Christianity?

Did U read his blog?
He made it clear the core belief of Christianity is not affected by textual variants. He expressed that statement clearly.

Not all Christians belief Jesus is God...have U heard of Unitarian Christians?
Not all Christians believe in the trinity, purgatory, infant baptism.
Above are not core Christian beliefs. They are not requirement for our salvation.
But all Christians believe Jesus is divine.
All Christians believe Jesus is the son of God. Believing jesus is the son of God is what makes him God in the first place.
All Christians believe in his virgin birth, he's the saviour of the world, his death, resurrection and ascension.
The above are the core message of the gospel and the faith. The textual variants didn't negate any of this.

Not believing in trinity doesn't make u an unbeliever. It only shows u don't have a full understanding of who God is.
U are not destined for hell because u reject the trinity.

Bart Erhman discovered nothing. If U guys had been reading your bible as u listen to this atheist, U would have known they discovered nothing.

Or better still, engage some of us here on this questions, U would understand Christianity better.

1 Like

Re: Does God Exist? by LordReed(m): 12:04pm On Jan 26
SIRTeee15:

Did U read his blog?
He made it clear the core belief of Christianity is not affected by textual variants. He expressed that statement clearly.

Not all Christians belief Jesus is God...have U heard of Unitarian Christians?
Not all Christians believe in the trinity, purgatory, infant baptism.
Above are not core Christian beliefs. They are not requirement for our salvation.
But all Christians believe Jesus is divine.
All Christians believe Jesus is the son of God. Believing jesus is the son of God is what makes him God in the first place.
All Christians believe in his virgin birth, he's the saviour of the world, his death, resurrection and ascension.
The above are the core message of the gospel and the faith. The textual variants didn't negate any of this.

Not believing in trinity doesn't make u an unbeliever. It only shows u don't have a full understanding of who God is.
U are not destined for hell because u reject the trinity.

Bart Erhman discovered nothing. If U guys had been reading your bible as u listen to this atheist, U would have known they discovered nothing.

Or better still, engage some of us here on this questions, U would understand Christianity better.

LoLz. Ok name 5 core beliefs of Christianity.
Re: Does God Exist? by Image123(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26
LordReed:

Duhhh, doctrine is important but it doesn't save. Nothing more core than that. Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved. What did the thief on the cross know about Trinity, tithe, resurrection or rapture to join Jesus Christ in paradise?
Re: Does God Exist? by kkins25(m): 3:43pm On Jan 26
What is SIRTeee15 even saying? What do you mean by core belief?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does God Exist? by kkins25(m): 3:47pm On Jan 26
what do fvck do you mean by core belief, SIRTeee15? So, if Jesus is not God, how the hell could salvation, resurrection, baptism, and everything else about xtianity make sense?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

The Coming Of Christ / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? / All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.