Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,249 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti (10862 Views)

Physically Challenged Persons Fight Over N15m NDDC Largesse / Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House / Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ChuckD2(m): 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2011
so ekiti didn't know they can't handle respnsibilities and they opted to become a state on their own.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jason123: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
Chuck D:

so ekiti didn't know they can't handle respnsibilities and they opted to become a state on their own.

TBH, states like Ekiti, Ebonyi and a lot of those Northern states should scrapped!
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2011
Chuck D:

How new is Ekiti? How many corrupt governors have they have?
We can handle responsibilities,we have the right man int he seat right now.
If we continue to take in what we cannot care for, we'd soon have hausa beggars on our streets like in Lagos.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Beaf: 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2011
jason123:

TBH, states like Ekiti, Ebonyi and a lot of those Northern states should scrapped!

Couldn't be better said. cool
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 26, 2011
Chuck D:

We made a huge mistake of educating people like you rather than make them work in our cocoa plantations. Now, you can go on the internet and say ch.it about us. It was a terrible mistake.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2011
Beaf:

Couldn't be better said. cool

Nonsense! Hold your government to it's responsibilities. It is not enough to come here and plaster fancy pictures of Warri. Your kids are your greatest assets, take care of them!!!! (even if they are disabled)
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jmaine: 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2011
Some shameful posts abound here . . . .when are we going to move away from our Partisan and tribalistic veil for once . . .  This sudden occurrence of evicting non- indigenes for whatever flimsy reason won't serve all well on the long run . . . I forsee other states following the useless Abia state eviction exercise and then this . . . . Where will this lead us to . . . .Just wondering if Lagos decides to send people packing . . . then all hell would let loose screaming marginalization and oppression . . . . There were better ways of doing this than further demeaning the already battered psychic and mind set of this physically challenged individuals to life . . .considering how poorly managed our welfare system is in the country . . . Sad move in my opinion
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jason123: 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2011
jmaine:

Some shameful posts abound here . . . .when are we going to move away from our Partisan and tribalistic veil for once . . .  This sudden occurrence of evicting non- indigenes for whatever flimsy reason won't serve all well on the long run . . . I forsee other states following the useless Abia state eviction exercise and then this . . . . Where will this lead us to . . . .Just wondering if Lagos decides to send people packing . . . then all hell would let loose screaming marginalization and oppression . . . . There were better ways of doing this than further demeaning the already battered psychic and mind set of this physically challenged individuals to life . . .considering how poorly managed our welfare system is in the country . . . Sad move in my opinion

The highlighted is the inevitable conclusion.
Although, other states have been doing it but Abia state kinda re-opened a can of worms.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2011
jason123:

@ICEZ

You have just told them the truth. A lot of Yorubas from Ondo come to Delta state (warri) to seek[b] BETTER[/b] education. Its just a shame that some Ekiti peeps are justifying this move by the Governor.
There are yoruba peeps working in edo state government. Even in rivers state government, there was a time some rivers people were using it against odili. Even his adc (ola) was a yoruba guy. I know there are a lot of yorubas in warri, i did not just want to mention it. That was why i used rivers as an example. They are just trying to justify what is wrong.
I asked a question about[b] if niger-delta states reciprocated the gesture and they failed to give an answer.[/b]
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Francis5: 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
jmaine:

Did not Lagos start it first, then Abia, then Ekiti?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jmaine: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2011
jason123:

The highlighted is the inevitable conclusion.
Although, other states have been doing it but Abia state kinda re-opened a can of worms.

Well the drama is unfolding . .  We shall still hear the screams of marginalization from the same people who back stuffs like this . . .The Abia state eveiction is even more annoying . . . . but what can one do . . .it's was backed by the state house of assembly, obviously the Stamp of authority indulging all Abia indigenes whether in support or not  . . .
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jason123: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

There are yoruba peeps working in edo state government. Even in rivers state government, there was a time some rivers people were using it against odili. Even his adc (ola) was a yoruba guy. I know there are a lot of yorubas in warri, i did not just want to mention it. That was why i used rivers as an example. They are just trying to justify what is wrong.
I asked a question about[b] if niger-delta states reciprocated the gesture and they failed to give an answer.[/b]

Forget internet gist. Most are out of touch with the realities of Naija. Its only on NL you'll see all sorts of maneuver to justify the unjustifiable. Southern leaders can be silly at times. Within a space of six months, Lagos, Ekiti and Abia have deported citizens of Nigeria. How many Northern leaders do you see doing that?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Francis5: 7:27pm On Oct 26, 2011
Is it not a shame that the "poorest" and "should-not-exists" state in Nigeria still has people from the SE/SS migrating there? Huh

I bet you, this dismissed Deltans will try another SW state (Yoruba), prolly Ogun or Lagos.

There's a reason why ppl in the SW dont leave the SW much often, and the reason why Non-SW'ners continue to migrte to the SW.

Ileke Idi,

You must be very arrogant not to know that there are thousands of SW people working and living in all of the Niger Delta states, more so Delta State.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jason123: 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
jmaine:

Well the drama is unfolding . .  We shall still hear the screams of marginalization from the same people who back stuffs like this . . .The Abia state eveiction is even more annoying . . . . but what can one do . . .it's was backed by the state house of assembly, obviously the Stamp of authority indulging all Abia indigenes whether in support or not  . . .

My guy, bull's eye! That is the exact thing that is happening. Sensible Nigerians know the Abia citizens do not support this except, the "E-Abia citizens". Likewise the Lagos and Ekiti move. Really, its quite shameful. Its like the mayor of London should announce the immediate deportation of Manchester citizens. Its unheard of!
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by nolongTing: 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2011
Aigbofa:

This is exactly what I don't understand, why should one of the poorest states in Nigeria shoulder the burden of taking care of indigenes from one of the richest states?

If they came to Ekiti just to take advantage of better facilities, I think the government of Delta should be made to pay, rather than expell them.

Yes they should – kini big deal? I just think the whole case has been politicised and inevitably it will be tribalised. The bottom line is Ekiti cannot afford to take care of them even if they wanted to. The cost of catering for disabled children may be 2-3 time the cost of catering for a child that is not physically challenged. Ideally It should simply be a matter of Ekiti state asking Delta state to help foot the bill or appeal to the federal government. Would people have preferred it if Ekiti state ignored them instead?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jmaine: 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2011
Francis-1:

Did not Lagos start it first, then Abia, then Ekiti?

Returning street beggers to their state of origins to clear all forms of nuisance off the street is a different ball from from evicting integrated members of the society . . .and the sole aim of Lagos was to give the beggers a better life by re-uniting them with their families and getting them off the perilous nature of living on the streets  . . .and considering general security alertness and awareness, that was a good move as well . . .or you felt some of the beggers chased off the streets were not Lagosians too . . .

Gee, They are simply not the same as selectively chasing away integrated citizens for whatever flimsy excuse we may want to give . . .
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ChuckD2(m): 7:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
Aigbofa:

We made a huge mistake of educating people like you rather than make them work in our cocoa plantations. Now, you can go on the internet and say ch.it about us. It was a terrible mistake.
wow you really have you facts. so ekiti state educated the deltans? hmm, can you name these schools for me? i mean where the people of delta (ibos, ikas, ukwanis, urhobos, ijaws, itsekiris ) were taught? you don't seem all that educated yourself. so when deltans dey learn, na siddon look you dey do?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2011
Chuck D:

wow you really have you facts. so ekiti state educated the deltans? hmm, can you name these schools for me? i mean where the people of delta (ibos, ikas, ukwanis, urhobos, ijaws, itsekiris ) were taught? you don't seem all that educated yourself. so when deltans dey learn, na siddon look you dey do?

I was referring to you, idi.ot. Can't you read? Where did I mention Delta or anywhere?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2011
jmaine:

Returning street beggers to their state of origins to clear all forms of nuisance off the street is a different ball from from evicting integrated members of the society . . .and the sole aim of Lagos was to give the beggers a better life by re-uniting them with their families and getting them off the perilous nature of living on the streets  . . .and considering general security alertness and awareness, that was a good move as well . . .or you felt some of the beggers chased off the streets were not Lagosians too . . .

Gee, They are simply not the same as selectively chasing away integrated citizens for whatever flimsy excuse we may want to give . . .

STFU foo.

Tribalist undertoned. always on Yoruba threads. . . . insulting away. Been observing your ignoramus azz kissing posts. mtchewww

Francis-1:

Ileke Idi,

You must be very arrogant not to know that there are thousands of SW people working and living in all of the Niger Delta states, more so Delta State.

Nobody is trying to be arroagnt.
SW is not Ekiti, Ekiti is a SW state, dont get those two confused.
What Ekiti did might not ne right, but if you guys knew how poor the state is, why do you continue to go in? we do not have the suitable environments for them, nor the budget to finance those environments. why do you think millions of Ekitis are outside of Ekiti state?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by tpia5: 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2011
But they know where to find the key, if they need to buy a Jeep for one of their girlfriends!!

good point.

@ topic

we dont know the details yet.

Is delta state building facilities for the disabled and was a request specifically made to send them home.

just asking.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2011
lets revisit the first post

Ekiti State Government has ejected over 30 physically challenged Deltans in their various special educational institutions, it was learnt yesterday in Asaba, Delta State capital. The government, it was said, took the decision due to the huge fund being spent on their welfare which it claimed was eating deep into the state lean resources.

Besides, the governments of Edo, Lagos and Kwara states were said to be warming up to emulate the action of Ekiti State as physically challenged were said to have taken special education institutions in these states.

National President of the Nigeria Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET), Dr. Joseph Okuoyibo stated this in Asaba at a press briefing ahead of the 23rd Annual Conference and Workshop of the association which starts today.
[size=18pt]Dr. Okuoyibo also decried the attitude of some state governments for not implementing the 30% special allowance approved by the Federal Government for the special teachers, adding that the teachers were also being deprived of other incentives for motivation.[/size]

[size=18pt]Delta State chairman of NASET, Dr. (Mrs.) Catherine Onwubolu, attributed the migration of physically challenged Deltans to other states for education due to the dilapidated nature of infrastructures at special education institutions across the state and called on the government to pay adequate attention to the sector.[/size]

She emphasized that the environments of such institutions were not friendly to those who expected to make use of the decrepit infrastructures, adding that the state [size=18pt]only recently implemented the payment of 15% special allowance for the secondary school special teachers only.[/size]

[size=18pt]“I wept for Delta State when I moved round all the schools for the physically challenged. Like in the state capital, Asaba, Agbor, Ughelli and other areas, the state could not boast of good infrastructures for the learning of these children what a shame,” she lamented.[/size]

ekiti State chairman of NASET, Alhaji Lawal Ganiyu, bemoaned the inability of Delta State Government to take responsibilities of its physically challenged persons whom he said were scattered all over the country and were being catered for by other states government.

in delta state , the buck is passed to other states . the only thing that stops at uduagns table is the check for airports and all those fancy edifies we saw last week

you lot should be burying your heads in shame. i'm sure we will soon find the same story where your schools proper are concerned

later they will be beefing yorubas and whining that yorubas control the oil and gas industry

better get your priorities right and build people, not structures.

it is the very same reason lagos has all those slums, because of migrants who have no faith in their useless governments

we saw the 'rented crowd' of youths who were opposing uduaghan, not so

carry on

soon we may see delta students flooding that school in ogun
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by tpia5: 7:51pm On Oct 26, 2011
usually when people start making noise in the media over something in this manner, it means the govt or an organization somewhere is about to start pouring funds into it.

ie an influx of cash is expected.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ChuckD2(m): 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2011
Aigbofa:

I was referring to you, idi.ot. Can't you read? Where did I mention Delta or anywhere?
young man, if i choose to use you as a yardstick to evaluate the people of ekiti, my perception will be that ekitis are ill-mannered, poorly educated, unenlightened bunch because that's what you represent, but you see, i rep my state and i'll be the big brother you never had. i'm educated as you've rightly observed and well indeed. my people can come back. they will be taken care of and your people who have decided to live and grow in delta are welcome. but while you are still there representing your ignorance, think about your future and the choices you make. scum[color=#006600][/color]
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2011
Chuck D:

young man, if i choose to use you as a yardstick to evaluate the people of ekiti, my perception will be that ekitis are ill-mannered, poorly educated, unenlightened bunch because that's what you represent, but you see, i rep my state and i'll be the big brother you never had. i'm educated as you've rightly observed and well indeed. my people can come back. they will be taken care of and your people who have decided to live and grow in delta are welcome. but while you are still there representing your ignorance, think about your future and the choices you make. scum[color=#006600][/color]

go and rep your state in another thread plz.

This thread is too poor for you. undecided
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Francis5: 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2011
Going by the original post, Delta physically-challenged students are scattered all over Nigeria not just Ekiti. Hmm!!
Does it mean then that only Delta students are in Ekiti? Are students from other states affected too?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Francis5: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Nobody is trying to be arroagnt.
SW is not Ekiti, Ekiti is a SW state, dont get those two confused.
What Ekiti did might not ne right, but if you guys knew how poor the state is, why do you continue to go in? we do not have the suitable environments for them, nor the budget to finance those environments. why do you think millions of Ekitis are outside of Ekiti state?

But from your post quoted below, you were the one who mentioned SW instead of restricting your argument to the affected state, Ekiti. Al SW states, with no exception have their indigenes in other places. Some of them are also beggars and disabled. Should they be sent back?

Is it not a shame that the "poorest" and "should-not-exists" state in Nigeria still has people from the SE/SS migrating there? Huh

I bet you, this dismissed Deltans will try another SW state (Yoruba), prolly Ogun or Lagos.

There's a reason why ppl in the SW dont leave the SW much often, and the reason why Non-SW'ners continue to migrte to the SW.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jmaine: 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

STFU foo.

Tribalist undertoned. always on Yoruba threads. . . . insulting away. Been observing your ignoramus azz kissing posts. mtchewww

Your an embodiment of what we call a slime waste  .[/b] . . .You call it azz kissing posts . . .cos i don't buy into your mundane and useless reason for always acting stvpid and silly. . . . You are such a big shame to be labelled a lady cos of your consistent repugnant conducts riddled with naive insanity. . .Now kindly walk the fvck away off my post . . . . And btw, your notice me was successful . . . what a cow she is !!
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2011
jmaine:

Your an embodiment of what we call an slime waste  .[/b] . . .You call it Bottom kissing posts . . .cos i don't buy into your mundane and useless reason for always acting stvpid and silly. . . . You are such a big shame to be labelled a lady cos your consistent repugnant conducts riddled with naive insanity. . .Now kindly walk the fvck away off my post . . . . And btw, your notice me was successful . . . what a cow she is !!

WHATEVER. keep doing what you're doing. Find another Yoruba thread when you're done with this one.

Francis-1:

But from your post quoted below, you were the one who mentioned SW instead of restricting your argument to the affected state, Ekiti. Al SW states, with no exception have their indigenes in other places. Some of them are also beggars and disabled. Should they be sent back?

You're right, my bad.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Ufeolorun(m): 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ondo, Edo and Kwara states may have concluded plans to eject indigenes of Delta State studying in their various schools for the physically-challenged.
decried the refusal of the Delta State government to take responsibility of its physically-challenged persons whom he said are scattered all over the country.

Now that you have all successfully plunged your knives into Ekiti and tweaked them several times,you people should start asking basic question why a state that receives billions of naira in fed. allocation ,on top of it a 13% derivation and lest i forget  huge taxes from the multinational oil companies and its service companies would not/ cannot take care of its most vulnerable.
This write up contains little info. about the eviction story cos it isn't the real or the main point of the article and some of you are just going on about like its some flipping breaking news.

@'Ola Bamitu'
i dont know why FG keeps giving our money to these backward people
though am from SW [/b]but ekiti, nah nah, its just a waste of resources
Where in the SW is the resource coming from into Ekiti?

does Ola Bamitu sound Deltan to you? i never made mistake when i call you,

No it does not sound deltan but you sound very Deltan cos you depicted the typical [b]massive
sense of entitlement we see often.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 26, 2011
Francis-1:

Going by the original post, Delta physically-challenged students are scattered all over Nigeria not just Ekiti. Hmm!!
Does it mean then that only Delta students are in Ekiti? Are students from other states affected too?

Are you still comparing a "poor" state like Ekiti to other states in NIgeria?
What if they're not affected, what would you say to that?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
My question is; how much is 30 students costing the ekiti state government? It is not as if they are living on "Park Lane" or some posh area of kensington and chelsea. embarassed.  Are they sleeping on golden beds? Why can't they reduce their salaries and allowances to save cost? So now that they have evicted those students, is ekiti going to be any richer? The answer is no.
 It is a wrong and wicked decision.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

My question is; how much is 30 students costing the ekiti state government? It is not as if they are living on "Park Lane" or some posh area of kensington and chelsea. embarassed.  Are they sleeping on golden beds? Why can't they reduce their salaries and allowances to save cost? So now that they have evicted those students, is ekiti going to be any richer? The answer is no.
 It is a wrong and wicked decision.

Not just that 30, the other 3000 coming in the future.

My question is, why does a rich state like delta not have suitable environment for it's disabled citizens?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

INEC Insists On Oct 7 Deadline For Primaries / Nigeria Spent ₦1.85 Trillion On Food Import During Border Closure / Anambra Loses 50 Per Cent Of Revenue To Touts, Leakage – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.