Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti (10863 Views)

Physically Challenged Persons Fight Over N15m NDDC Largesse / Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House / Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 26, 2011
Is it not a shame that the "poorest" and "should-not-exists" state in Nigeria still has people from the SE/SS migrating there?

I bet you, this dismissed Deltans will try another SW state (Yoruba), prolly Ogun or Lagos.

There's a reason why ppl in the SW dont leave the SW much often, and the reason why Non-SW'ners continue to migrte to the SW.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by OlaBamitu: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2011
@ Okija

you are even promoting them by trading them with Bakassi, they are worth in the negative scale.

sale ekiti and use that land for animal conservation where we rear Elephant, tiger etc.

no use for such state. thats why the man (not worth called a gov) is acting like his brain is screwed firm to his chest
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ektbear: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2011
"sale Ekiti" ke

Which kyn of heenglish be dis professor?

Man cracking me up that this was the same guy trying (but failing) to nitpick earlier
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ola Bamitu:

@ Okija

you are even promoting them by trading them with Bakassi, they are worth in the negative scale.

sale ekiti and use that land for animal conservation where we rear Elephant, tiger etc.

no use for such state. thats why the man (not worth called a gov) is acting like his brain is screwed firm to his chest

Mr. English teacher, maybe you should go to Ekiti and get some free education like some of your folks.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2011
@e-b
 We are talking about nigeria here. People in nigeria move from one place to another everyday. Do you know how many people move to lagos, ph or abj on a daily basis.
 Also the article did not state when the arrived ekiti. Even if the arrived yesterday, they have already been admitted into the school(or did they not know their state of origin before accepting them?). It is very likely that they have been in ekiti for a while, it is just a policy of the present governor. Which is not a good one.
 Come to think of it, how much will 30 disabled students cost the ekiti state public treasury? And mind you they are being trained, so they can be independent in future. Niger-delta states are very nice to yoruba peeps. The gov. should not start what he can not finish. Even Bola Ige, Ambrose Ali, Niyi Adebayo, James Ibori, Ayo Fayoshe, Segun Oni, Emma Uduaghan did not discriminate. It is just inhumane.
 You also did not respond to all the "good" works done by the states i listed to the yoruba peeps(especially ekiti-kete). wink. Without any form of discrimination.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

@e-b
 We are talking about nigeria here. People in nigeria move from one place to another everyday. Do you know how many people move to lagos, ph or abj on a daily basis.
 Also the article did not state when the arrived ekiti. Even if the arrived yesterday, they have already been admitted into the school(or did they not know their state of origin before accepting them?). It is very likely that they have been in ekiti for a while, it is just a policy of the present governor. Which is not a good one.
 Come to think of it, how much will 30 disabled students cost the ekiti state public treasury? And mind you they are being trained, so they can be independent in future. Niger-delta states are very nice to yoruba peeps. The gov. should not start what he can not finish. Even Bola Ige, Ambrose Ali, Niyi Adebayo, James Ibori, Ayo Fayoshe, Segun Oni, Emma Uduaghan did not discriminate. It is just inhumane.
 You also did not respond to all the "good" works done by the states i listed to the yoruba peeps(especially ekiti-kete). wink. Without any form of discrimination.

Been in Ekiti for a while?

Citizens of rich Delta state in poor Ekiti state? Nah, they prolly went there for schooling.

It must be the Ikogosi spring or the healthy fishes in our river.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by OlaBamitu: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2011
sale is the same english when you say moi = me, fink for think

bush backward ekiti dumb ass fellows

GROW UP
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ektbear: 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2011
Lmao grin

Now he says "grow up."

The same unexposed person who had never heard of "check."

Backwards, indeed.

Sale is a noun, not a verb. No such verb exists (someone can correct me if I am wrong.)

How about we make a deal. I'll "grow up" once you stop sniffing crack. Deal?

Or were you also one of these students ejected from a mental institution?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by OlaBamitu: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2011
ekt-bear, aigbofa or wtf you call yourself

you folks indeed represent your state "ekiti" perfectly well.

as backward as your state is, so the liquid in those your rejected skulls are.

not aligned with modern days yarns

oya, get your book all you dummies,

1. moi = me
2. sale = sell
3. fink = think

cant give you more as your dust brains cant take more
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ola Bamitu:

sale is the same english when you say moi = me, fink for think

bush backward ekiti dumb Bottom fellows

GROW UP

LOL grin grin

Nairaland!!!
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2011
i'm sure  Alhaji Emma Bin Oduagan is on top of the situation,so y'all should just relax.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by OlaBamitu: 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2011
does Ola Bamitu sound Deltan to you? i never made mistake when i call you,

though am from SW but ekiti, nah nah, its just a waste of resources
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2011
ekt bear, you're wasting your time with that one. A well known NLer, pesin fit create ID because of Ekiti thread(s) grin

No wonder why we rejected him family members.

Awon ti won lopolo.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ektbear: 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2011
shocked shocked shocked

Na wa o. You may have passed through school, but school did not pass through you.

Fink ke?

I fink that she and I should go to the store? Me hungry, me want food! Sale me that laptop!

And we wonder why so many are failing JAMB in Nigeria embarassed

OK, by force by force we shall return you to this school for the mentally handicapped you were ejected from.

You were correct Aigbofa, it is inhumane not to allow this dude to be educated properly  lipsrsealed

But let us educate this illiterate, mentally handicapped fellow using private funds and not public ones.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2011
seems the only thing they do with allocation in delta is spend money on edifices in warri and abandoned schools

those kids probably did not vote for uduaghan

beaf and co should be ashamed of themselves. the state cannot invest in its most important asset - the future - the kids
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2011
Been in Ekiti for a while?

Citizens of rich Delta state in poor Ekiti state? Nah, they prolly went there for schooling.

It must be the Ikogosi spring or the healthy fishes in our river.
@iki
  Lets be serious  cool.  There are various ethnic nationalities living in different states across naija. In the uk places like south-east london, north london, east-london, birmingham, bedford, stoke-on-trent, nottingham, derby, bradford and some parts of liverpool and manchester are home to a large number of immigrants.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by OlaBamitu: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2011
no wonder the likes of you and that girl shows nofin but backwardness

oloshi
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by nolongTing: 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2011
I think that it seems heartless to do such to disabled children but Delta state is the third richest state in nigeria whilst Ekiti is the fourth poorest state in Nigeria. So those children should be better looked after in their state of origin, plus they will be closer to their family. This is an opportunity for Delta state to show it cares – lets see if they will.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

Lets be serious  cool.  There are various ethnic nationalities living in different states across naija. In the uk places like south-east london, north london, east-london, birmingham, bedford, stoke-on-trent, nottingham, derby, bradford and some parts of liverpool and manchester are home to a large number of immigrants.

Ekiti a state that "should not be a state" should not be occupied by the "cream of the crops" then. If we're trying to apply logics here.

There are other rich and "advance" states (DELTA) in Nigeria  which can properly take care of disabled people. Abi na "forest" babalawos g o take care of them?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2011
nolongTing:

I think that it seems heartless to do such to disabled children but Delta state is the third richest state in nigeria whilst Ekiti is the fourth poorest state in Nigeria.  So those children should be better looked after in their state of origin, plus they will be closer to their family.   This is an opportunity for Delta state to show it cares – lets see if they will.

I believe that after occupying the Presidency seat, that Delta state has or is going to the dogs.

No be yest wey Youths dy camp by the roadside of Gov's house?

I still dont understand why anyone who is not indigenous would want to occupy a "should not exist" state. Abi awon were lo po si Naija ni? undecided
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by playmode(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ola Bamitu:

ekt-bear, aigbofa or wtf you call yourself

you folks indeed represent your state "ekiti" perfectly well.

as backward as your state is, so the liquid in those your rejected skulls are.
not aligned with modern days yarns

oya, get your book all you dummies,

1. moi = me
2. sale = sell
3. fink = think

cant give you more as your dust brains cant take more

That is uncalled for, the opinion of Ekt_bear and others do not represent the opinion of all Ekitis. I am an ekiti myself and I am very sad that the Governor handled the matter in this way.That being said thereare  issues which were raised which also gives one reason to investigate further.

Are these physically challenged people residents of Ekiti state for over  5 years?
Have their parents or Guardians residents in the state for over 5 years?

If the answer to the above question is a solid yes, then the Governor was wrong to turn them away in the manner he did.

If however they came all the way from delta state specifically to be enrolled in those schools at the expense of Ekiti state Government, then we have to look at the budget of Ekiti state and what is available for care of handicapped people. If the cost is unbearably high and if the Governor feels that the money can be used elsewhere to cater for Ekiti indigenes then the matter is a tricky one and we can’t just demonize the Governor.

The fact of the matter is that our country is a failed nation and that is why you find the need for some Governors to result to such drastic measure to solve certain problems.
If you look at the Old Libya all citizen got free Medicare for small ,there was no province deporting indigenes  to another province because the infrastructure in the entire country was grade A and everyone was catered for.

Unfortunately Nigeria is a modern day jungle practising a corrupt democratic system of Government.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2011
^^ I doubt the Gov did it (even tho the article said so, but we all know how crappy NL Journalists are).

Abi is it the Governor that decides who enters a school?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
nolongTing:

I think that it seems heartless to do such to disabled children but Delta state is the third richest state in nigeria whilst Ekiti is the fourth poorest state in Nigeria. So those children should be better looked after in their state of origin, plus they will be closer to their family. This is an opportunity for Delta state to show it cares – lets see if they will.

This is exactly what I don't understand, why should one of the poorest states in Nigeria shoulder the burden of taking care of indigenes from one of the richest states?

If they came to Ekiti just to take advantage of better facilities, I think the government of Delta should be made to pay, rather than expell them.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by WebSurfer(m): 6:39pm On Oct 26, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by playmode(m): 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
Aigbofa:

This is exactly what I don't understand, why should one of the poorest states in Nigeria shoulder the burden of taking care of indigenes from one of the richest states?

If they came to Ekiti just to take advantage of better facilities, I think the government of Delta should be made to pay, rather than expell them.

That is a good idea.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2011
Aigbofa:

The way you talk as if these people have the key to delta state treasury. They are disabled nigerian children. What sin have they committed? If adams oshimhole, uduaghan, amaechi or even fashola ask ekiti peeps in public schools that are free to pay fees, how would you feel?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

The way you talk as if these people have the key to delta state treasury. They are disabled nigerian children. What sin have they committed? If adams oshimhole, uduaghan, amaechi or even fashola ask ekiti peeps in public schools that are free to pay fees, how would you feel?

Delta state Govt should be made to pay. . . . by enforcing them to build better facilities for disabled students. Aigbofa already said he does not support this incident.
Ekiti Uni is not "rich" enough to provide suitable environments for them.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ChuckD2(m): 6:53pm On Oct 26, 2011
i've heard it said a lot recently that the entity called nigeria will soon cease to exist. if the states have now descended to the point of "repatriating" other state indegenes, it only points to one direction. thank you ekiti for declaring interstate war.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

But they know where to find the key, if they need to buy a Jeep for one of their girlfriends!!
The kids have commited no sin, and that is why I don't think they should have been expelled. But I don't think their State Government should abandon them for others either.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2011
Chuck D:

i've heard it said a lot recently that the entity called nigeria will soon cease to exist. if the states have now descended to the point of "repatriating" other state indegenes, it only points to one direction. thank you ekiti for declaring interstate war.

Nonsense, it more like a wake up call to all do nothing crooks parading themselves as governors.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jason123: 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2011
@ICEZ

You have just told them the truth. A lot of Yorubas from Ondo come to Delta state (warri) to seek[b] BETTER[/b] education. Its just a shame that some Ekiti peeps are justifying this move by the Governor.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2011
jason123:

@ICEZ

You have just told them the truth. A lot of Yorubas from Ondo come to Delta state (warri) to seek[b] BETTER[/b] education. Its just a shame that some Ekiti peeps are justifying this move by the Governor.

Ekitis school everywhere, dear. Dlta is not an exception.
And they do so because their Universities do not have the budget to finance better academic technologies. Does that not make sense?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Flooding In Kogi To Last Till November / Aisha Buhari Attends North-East Developmment Commission Bill Hearing / See The Combination That Shall Send Buhari Back To Daura- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.