Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti (10868 Views)

Physically Challenged Persons Fight Over N15m NDDC Largesse / Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House / Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jmaine: 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

WHATEVER. keep doing what you're doing. Find another Yoruba thread when you're done with this one.

You can as well improve on stalking Jmaine on other threads . . . . What a mess
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ufeolorun:

Now that you have all successfully plunged your knives into Ekiti and tweaked them several times,you people should start asking a basic question why a state that receives billions of naira in fed. allocation ,on top of it a 13% derivation and lest i forget  huge taxes from the multinational oil companies and its service companies would not/ cannot take care of its most vulnerable.
This write up contains little info. about the eviction story cos it isn't the real or the main point of the article and some of you are just going on about like its some flipping breaking news.
 Oil companies never pay money to the state govns. All monies go to abj, that is why the oil companies are not responsible to the oil communities. The don't care if there is an oil spill or not, if you talk to them they will tell you to go to abj and if you insist; they will send they nigerian army after you.
 The 13% you talk about is not much. They cost of construction in the niger-delta is the highest in naija. Do you know what it cost to construct roads in mangrove-swamps of the delta? Even amaechi that was talking tough, had to go and borrow money from the bond market. But still; education and health(for children and the elderly) is free. Whether you just arrived rivers yesterday or not, whether you are a rivers man or not. No discrimination.
  In addition these students did not just arrive, they were already in school. This is not about delta state, it could be students from any other state. There is no justification for their actions.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ChuckD2(m): 8:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Not just that 30, the other 3000 coming in the future.

My question is, why does a rich state like delta not have suitable environment for it's disabled citizens?
Ileke-IdI:

My question is, why does a rich state like delta not have suitable environment for it's disabled citizens?
i find it quite unbelieveable how you guys seem to understand this situation. if you insist that delta state should take back their own from ekiti and other allied states, will you not in thesame breath ask delta to send back your own? should we all now descend to the level of discriminating against the physically challenged? ok you claim to be poor is now your reason to justify discrimination?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2011
Chuck D:

i find it quite unbelieveable how you guys seem to understand this situation. if you insist that delta state should take back their own from ekiti and other allied states, will you not in thesame breath ask delta to send back your own? should we all now descend to the level of discriminating against the physically challenged? ok you claim to be poor is now your reason to justify discrimination?
They don't seem to understand, its not about delta state. It about ethnic discrimination. They say ekiti people are in other states because ekiti is poor. How will they fill if these states(lagos, ogun, ondo, edo, delta, rivers. etc) send back all ekiti people? And especially disabled students in school.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 9:15pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Are you being sarcastic?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2011
we do understand - its quite simple

mr a is struggling, earns a salary of less than 1million a year , lives an extremely frugal lifestyle, and decides to set up homeschooling for his disabled child. he buys equipment, pays teachers, all at great personal cost .this takes up close a third of his income, but he does it anyway

the next thing is that his rich cousin mr c who earns 20 million a yaer, always has the latest gadgets, cars, houses everywhere, sends his disabled child to live with mr a, so that mr b's child can also benefit form the education.

mr a says sorry, no i cannot affford it. besides, you have more than enough money to take care of your son by yourself. don't add to my already heay burden. i am trying enough as it is, and i can barely make ends meet as i am trying to sort out my son

in typical nigerian fashion., mr b commences shouting to anyone who will listen about how 'wicked' mr a is, mr a is cold hearted, a bad man etc etc - meanwhile how you see my new 2012 beamer?

that sums it up .

blather all you want about tribalism etal. ekiti sate has a tight budget. why should they rob peter to pay donald trump?

over to beaf and jason 123 - please show us pictures of a warri in which education is valued .
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

Are you being sarcastic?

Yes.

Chuck D:

Why should Delta do that? Do they have the same budget as Ekiti state? Same suited environment.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Beaf: 10:08pm On Oct 26, 2011
Chuck D:

The bolded expresses what many might be thinking. There are many more Ekiti people in Delta state than there are Deltans in Ekiti, but we will never stoop to that level.
In my opinion, a poor state like Ekiti is really stirring up the hornets nest. I see other similarly poor states engaging in copy cat actions out of the very same debased bigotry that pushed the Ekiti governor to act the way he did. It is a very sad day indeed.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by adamaw2tuf: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2011
These are citizens of the country for heaven sake,being disables they deserve even more support from any state they live in,if ekiti state do not fundings to look after the most vulnerable in our society irrespective of their so called state of origin,their state of residency should get the FG for help,and pointing finger at delta state govt is just hypocrisy cos the delta state govt can only take care of it's home base citizens and residents.HABA NAIJERIA MUST YOU PROCLAIM YOUR ONE NAIJERIA ONLY WHEN IT SUITS YOU?WHAT A SHAME.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Beaf: 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

They don't seem to understand, its not about delta state. It about ethnic discrimination. They say ekiti people are in other states because ekiti is poor. How will they fill if these states(lagos, ogun, ondo, edo, delta, rivers. etc) send back all ekiti people? And especially disabled students in school.

It is the ethnic bigots who think it is a war with Delta state; they cannot see the immense danger in the escalating actions primed by ethnic bigotry in Nigeria. I am sure there were a series of t!t for tat oppressive actions in Jos before mothers and their tiny babies were chopped in two or burnt alive. The Nazi party started with words, then increasingly tougher actions, then imprisonments and finally ended with war and gruesome massacres of the sort that would make a serial killer grimace in horror.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Ufeolorun(m): 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

Oil companies never pay money to the state govns. All monies go to abj, that is why the oil companies are not responsible to the oil communities. The don't care if there is an oil spill or not, if you talk to them they will tell you to go to abj and if you insist; they will send they nigerian army after you.
 The 13% you talk about is not much. They cost of construction in the niger-delta is the highest in naija. Do you know what it cost to construct roads in mangrove-swamps of the delta? Even amaechi that was talking tough, had to go and borrow money from the bond market. But still; education and health(for children and the elderly) is free. Whether you just arrived rivers yesterday or not, whether you are a rivers man or not. No discrimination.
  In addition these students did not just arrive, they were already in school. This is not about delta state, it could be students from any other state.There is no justification for their actions.[/font]
arguably no justification.

decried the refusal of the Delta State government to take responsibility of its physically-challenged persons whom he said are scattered all over the countr
  any justification for the above?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2011
Beaf:

The bolded expresses what many might be thinking. There are many more Ekiti people in Delta state than there are Deltans in Ekiti, but we will never stoop to that level.
In my opinion, a poor state like Ekiti is really stirring up the hornets nest. I see other similarly poor states engaging in copy cat actions out of the very same debased bigotry that pushed the Ekiti governor to act the way he did. It is a very sad day indeed.
 I said it, they guys in ekiti should not start what they cannot finish. This is not about delta state or being rich or poor. It is about discrimination. They should not put  other yoruba people in bad light. If other states begin to eject ekiti peeps back to their "poor state" what would they say?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2011
Beaf:

I said it, they guys in ekiti should not start what they cannot finish. This is not about delta state or being rich or poor. It is about discrimination. They should not put  other yoruba people in bad light. If other states begin to eject ekiti peeps back to their "poor state" what would they say?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Ufeolorun(m): 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
Beaf:

It is the ethnic bigots who think it is a war with Delta state; they cannot see the immense danger in the escalating actions primed by ethnic bigotry in Nigeria. I am sure there were a series of t!t for tat oppressive actions in Jos before mothers and their tiny babies were chopped in two or burnt alive. The Nazi party started with words, then increasingly tougher actions, then imprisonments and finally ended with war and gruesome massacres of the sort that would make a serial killer grimace in horror.

Kilagbe KIloju
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 26, 2011
Beaf:

I dont believe anyone is seeing this as war with Delta state.

I believe only the ethnic bigots would see it as such.

Ekitis are all over. If Delta simply reciprocate, they'd simply migrate to another region.

We're all simply making a hornest nest out of what we do not fully have information on.

Since Ekiti is so damn poor, if it does not have the budget and suitable environment to hospitalize these students, the most Ekiti can do is safely find another school which does.

Once again, we do not have all the information.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
yeah yeah yeah

the usual we own nigeria because we have oil noise. thats all we will hear

why should ekiti go bankrupt because delta state has an irresponsible government that is more focused on building empty edifices and renovating disusd schools

keep making noise and empty threats. what government jobs are there in delta - did we not see youths protesting. knowing the entitlement mentality we often see from nd natives , any foreigners working there are doing jobs nders consider beneath them - sort of like mexicans in yankee.

instead of bending your heads in shame the usual suspects are spin and spelling about racism and discrimination.

why should ekiti put the citizens of a stupendously rich state before its own?

does that happen anywhere in the world?

nonsense

National President of the Nigeria Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET), Dr. Joseph Okuoyibo stated this in Asaba at a press briefing ahead of the 23rd Annual Conference and Workshop of the association which starts today.
Dr. Okuoyibo also decried the attitude of some state governments for not implementing the 30% special allowance approved by the Federal Government for the special teachers, adding that the teachers were also being deprived of other incentives for motivation.

Delta State chairman of NASET, Dr. (Mrs.) Catherine Onwubolu, attributed the migration of physically challenged Deltans to other states for education due to the dilapidated nature of infrastructures at special education institutions across the state and called on the government to pay adequate attention to the sector.

She emphasized that the environments of such institutions were not friendly to those who expected to make use of the decrepit infrastructures, adding that the state only recently implemented the payment of 15% special allowance for the secondary school special teachers only.

instead of all this typical diversionary hypocrisy, i suggest beaf takes this up with his useless governor
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
Anybody that feels like they want to carry bow and arrow to come fight Ekiti ppl, I think you know where the state is. We can even pay for una's bus ticket, but then we're too darn poor. So simply follow the "river's flow".

I want to hear the full information from Fayemi's mouth gan gan sef.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ufeolorun:

any justification for the above?
 Is there any evidence of this? How about all ekiti people scattered all over the country? And are being looked after by other state govns. Will you also say the ekiti state govn. does not  care about them? People can choose to live any where they like. Please do not try and justify what is wrong.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Anybody that feels like they want to carry bow and arrow to fight Ekiti ppl, I think you know where the state is. We can even pay for una's bus ticket, but then we're too darn poor. So simply follow the "river's flow".

I want to hear the full information from Fayemi's mouth gan gan sef.

are you minding the pathetic noisemakers? instead of taking it up with their useless governor, they are trying to stir up hatred. later the same twats will be spamming the board about aregbesola. money miss roads. keep investing in empty edifices insted of your children , then come back to biatch about marginalization
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2011
oyb:

are you minding the pathetic noisemakers? instead of taking it up with their useless governor, they are trying to stir up hatred. later the same twats will be spamming the board about aregbesola. money miss roads. keep investing in empty edifices insted of your children , then come back to biatch about marginalization

Why do you speak this way? undecided. You are they one who is stirring up hatred. When the abia govr. did same, he was condemned(even though these were workers). Now it happens in ekiti(disabled children for that matter), but you try and justify it. By the way, Abia is a very poor state in terms of finances.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

Why do you speak this way? undecided. You are they one who is stirring up hatred. When the abia govr. did same, he was condemned(even though these were workers). Now it happens in ekiti(disabled children for that matter), but you try and justify it. By the way, Abia is a very poor state in terms of finances.

stop the typical spin and spell.

there is nothing in common between the issue in abia and this. the 'foreign' workers in abia, are putting their income back into the state. they are renting, purchasing, setting up roots there. they are workers. the delta children on the other hand, in the end, will go back to delta state. ekiti will have used up its meagre resources developing human capital for a far richer state.

if delta state was poor, i might understand. but it is DISGRACEFUL , that a state with all that revenue cannot focus on what is importnat, and would rather its citizens are forced to go to lesser states.

sort of like americans going to mexico for college grants

if you cannot comprehend what i am getting at, then i guess the regular schools in delta state are in the same bad condition, we are talking about education.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by peckhamboi: 11:15pm On Oct 26, 2011
Where was the outcry when the Yoruba Muslims were sent packing from Warri last week?
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 26, 2011
peckhamboi:

Where was the outcry when the Yoruba Muslims were sent packing from Warri last week?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

no razists in warri
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
oyb:

stop the typical spin and spell.

there is nothing in common between the issue in abia and this. the 'foreign' workers in abia, are putting their income back into the state. they are renting, purchasing, setting up roots there. they are workers. the delta children on the other hand, in the end, will go back to delta state. ekiti will have used up its meagre resources developing human capital for a far richer state.

if delta state was poor, i might understand. but it is DISGRACEFUL , that a state with all that revenue cannot focus on what is importnat, and would rather its citizens are forced to go to lesser states.

sort of like americans going to mexico for college grants

if you cannot comprehend what i am getting at, then i guess the regular schools in delta state are in the same bad condition, we are talking about education.

Why are you so rude? undecided.  Why being insultive? Anyway, if a uk citizen from greater-london lives in bedfordshire does that mean that since he is from a richer county or metroplolitan area, the bedfordshire county council should eject him from their schools? The answer is no. You are talking of contributing to the economy of the state. Haba!! these people are students in school. Do they ekiti state students in other states contribute to the economies of their respective states? The answer is [b]no.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
icez:

Why are you so rude? undecided.  Why being insultive? Anyway, if a uk citizen from greater-london lives in bedfordshire does that mean that since he is from a richer county or metroplolitan area, the bedfordshire county council should eject him from their schools? The answer is no. You are talking of contributing to the economy of the state. Haba!! these people are students in school. Do they ekiti state students in other states contribute to the economies of their respective states? The answer is [b]no.

let me repeat what you do not want to accept - a poor man will not divert funds from the education of his on children so that he can aid in educating the kids of a rich and irresponsible cousin. simple as that.

i am even suprised that the kids did not go to the ph you have been referencing
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
peckhamboi:

That one we did not hear on NL o.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jmaine: 11:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
So it was the Government of Delta state that sent the threat letter to Muslims to evacuate within one week . .  . . .Na wao for una oo! . . .make una apply small sanity for una tory . . .  .shuu!!
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Beaf: 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2011
jmaine:

So it was the Government of Delta that sent the threat letter for Muslims to evacuate . . .OYB . . .Na wao for you . . .apply small sanity for ya tory . . .You pass this level

Are you sure? Lol!
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by jmaine: 11:34pm On Oct 26, 2011
Beaf:

Are you sure? Lol!

I don retweak am for proponents of that blind theory . . .Kpogede77 don turn Government  cheesy
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by Beaf: 11:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
jmaine:

I don retweak am for proponent of that blind theory . . .Kpogede77 don turn Government cheesy

Na wa! Pesin go fear fear for dis NL! grin grin grin
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by icez: 11:38pm On Oct 26, 2011
Look people have a right to live freely. Would ekiti state send back a child from lagos or oyo state, because they are "richer" states? And like i said these guys did not arrive yesterday, they were already schooling in ekiti. It is about rich or poor, it is about a wrong and wicked policy. By the way am not from delta state. But when talking about disabled school children being treated in an inhumane way, i believe we should all say it as it is.
Re: 30 Physically Challenged Deltans Ejected In Ekiti by ChuckD2(m): 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2011
the entity known as nigeria is gradually but steadily packing up. states under the veil of poverty now discriminate indegenes from other states. when this trend finally leads to a total breakdown of the geographic, political and social structure, who stands to lose more? who stands to lose more i ask again. so that when these dependants choose to bite the finger that produces the wealth of the nation, the consequences will be dire. you boldly say you'll pay my transport but you cant afford it all in one breath. gifted individuals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Niger Delta Interest Made Me Dump PDP For APC – Uduaghan / 50% Of Passenger Vehicles Will Be Electric By 2040 / 2015 Elections: February Polls Should Not Hold — Balarabe Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.