Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter (39307 Views)

Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State / Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) / Accredited Amala Joints In Nigeria (2018 List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 8:49am On Nov 10, 2023
Kay25:
Body too dey pepper umna igbos... forget ur loss and eat better food
eat shit grin grin
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by phemmyfour: 8:51am On Nov 10, 2023
Princelumide:
Even at that, it still doesn't need for chaotic responses...
grin shocked
They are insecure

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 8:52am On Nov 10, 2023
Trustedpronet:
But the Igbos are happy when they see phino go on international taw...i have seen Igbos performing masquerade festival in another man's state yet the world did not end. Hausa and Yoruba are the only tribe with national interest at heart.
No wonder you people hunt,beat and killed Igbos in Yoruba land during last election.

Ndi national interest.

As if we have not see you yorubas kick against Eze Ndigbo in your region.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Timmi: 8:52am On Nov 10, 2023
Brimstone77:

I wouldn't eat amala or any yoruba food for anything..

But at same time I wouldn't think of stopping anyone that want to eat it from doing so..

But imagine igbos wanting to host "akpu day" in Lagos,you and I know that it will be met with strong resistance from those that accuses igbos of taking over their lands..

Let's not be hypocritical here..

If only people like you can read and comprehend, you will realize that the OP said hangout and not Amala day. Similarly, you can host your Akpu day anywhere even in Sambisa forest and no one will challenge nor wail against it. It’s only Ibo/Igbo that have this inferiority complex and herd mentality, just to attack others and wail all day on non issues.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Beverlyjean(f): 8:52am On Nov 10, 2023
tollyboy5:

I'm a native lagosian. Amala is not a native food in Lagos, neither is it common in my hometown Epe. But when some Oyo women started cooking amala 4 my people boom! grin grin grin grin

You can suppress amala, and besides Enugu state is just like Lagos and abuja

Enugu is not like lagos and Abuja... only Rivers is ...
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Jamie1000: 8:55am On Nov 10, 2023
Some Enugu ppl dey behave like abakeliki ppl... mugu...
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 8:55am On Nov 10, 2023
SirLakes:
Because of ordinary amala fest our brother from the yeast want to start world war 3 grin
But children of sad waste can't allow such festival in their region.

Allow other tribes to vote freely first in your waste.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by rapheal5(m): 8:56am On Nov 10, 2023
Juoflife1:
I will eat this amala one day
life no hard na we make am hard I so much love all igbo food and igbo people except abacha....

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 8:58am On Nov 10, 2023
YourKarma:
Our politicians have caused such a great division amongst the tribes.
This is the 3rd edition of this hangout, which means there has been first and second editions with no issue.

What do you expect when Yorubas hunt, beat and killed Igbos in their region during last presidential election.

Their only crime is coming out to vote
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Khyrvxjzy: 9:03am On Nov 10, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Fool...I'm married with a kid

your husband will leave you

a kid, you that you suppose to have 2 kids now

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:03am On Nov 10, 2023
90dbest:
You dey mind them . They want hide behind the gimmick that Igbo are not liberal and tolerant to blackmail us into accepting their discrimination and political marginalization, The same people that denied us voting in Lagos even to the extent of physically beating our people, have now turned around to preach tolerance. You have to be a monster to fight off a monster. We are learning from them, and Igbo is always a fast learner. The problem we have are those naive Lagos brought-up children who are not aware how Yoruba see them behind their back
We must now pay yorubas in their own coins.

No be only them Sabi tribalism.

Imagine one up there said only Hausa and Yoruba has national interest at heart.

Meaning Igbos and other tribes are the fOols here
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Princelumide: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2023
Na real mumu dey worry dem oo...

grin cheesy wink
TUTU147:
Na mumu dey worry them.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Princelumide: 9:05am On Nov 10, 2023
It's really worrisome to see them divide... Political differences really the cause of all...

embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Okwyjesus:

It's worrisome to see increase in Yoruba and lgbo divide.

Sad to see it grow daily
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2023
CHAQUR:
A country.... Where haters want love. Allow people to do their things their own way. Don't let people think of reprisal attacks elsewhere... Remember, end of the year is so close, many of una no go fit travel to the east o due to this I cost of everything o.
Lovers that hunt and killed other tribes just to stop them from voting in west

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by mrLhanray(m): 9:07am On Nov 10, 2023
Just imagine, Amala hangout is causing issues in Igboland.
Bigots

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Princelumide: 9:07am On Nov 10, 2023
They are!!!
Coming from the set of people who pride themselves as lion of the east!!!
undecided shocked

phemmyfour:
They are insecure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by SmartyPants(m): 9:09am On Nov 10, 2023
chiagozien:
What do you expect when Yorubas hunt, beat and killed Igbos in their region during last presidential election.

Their only crime is coming out to vote

You will be somewhere in Igboland spreading these sorts of stories to gullible ones when you were nowhere near the affected areas at time.

Which Igbo was killed anywhere in the west on account of elections?? Name them.

Why do you do this?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Tochj(m): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2023
Igbos are not discrimatory
All those opposing wether they should be an Amala fest or not doesn't represent our people.
It could be handiwork of those who are bent on painting igbos black like omockery and co.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Kay25(m): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2023
chiagozien:
eat shit grin grin
That shit better pass that gaari wey u dey add red oil to..na why most of una blood dey run hot without ease when all u eat is food wey be like stone

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2023
Slurity:
The hatred in the heart of average Igbo people toward anyone that is not directly their own blood is topnotch. To the extent of even attacking food varieties. Bad blood full these people.
To much love made Yoruba hunt and killed other tribes in last presidential election.

Hypocrites

As if we haven't see how you haters are fighting against anything Eze Ndigbo in your region.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:16am On Nov 10, 2023
SonofLothbrok:
There is nothing wrong in eating Amala, but hosting Amala festival in our land is a no go area.

All this boys and girls that were brought up in Yoruba land should know we don't tolerate nonsense in Igbo land.

Better be warned. You will regret your actions if you don't respect our laws.
I support you.

They should go celebrate that in Yoruba land.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by dc23(m): 9:22am On Nov 10, 2023
Hmm, maybe it's worth noting that Yams have been around long in West Africa however, Cassava was introduced to Africa by the Portuguese. Before that no tribe prepared any cassava derived foods. It's safe to say Amala was very likely prepared and eaten by Igbos since only yams existed before the Portuguese arrived
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:23am On Nov 10, 2023
SmartyPants:

You will be somewhere in Igboland spreading these sorts of stories to gullible ones when you were nowhere near the affected areas at time.

Which Igbo was killed anywhere in the west on account of elections?? Name them.

Why do you do this?
Are you denying the fact.

We're not dumb okay.

Below is your Fellow Yoruba experienced because they thought she's Igbo.

Imagine what happened to real Igbos.

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by SirLakes: 9:25am On Nov 10, 2023
chiagozien:
But children of sad waste can't allow such festival in their region.

Allow other tribes to vote freely first in your waste.

Allow Bianca to contest election in her husband's state first

Ewu grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by braine(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2023
Juoflife1:
I will eat this amala one day

Let me know whenever you're in Lagos. I will take you to the best Amala place for the experience.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2023
Timmi:

If only people like you can read and comprehend, you will realize that the OP said hangout and not Amala day. Similarly, you can host your Akpu day anywhere even in Sambisa forest and no one will challenge nor wail against it. It’s only Ibo/Igbo that have this inferiority complex and herd mentality, just to attack others and wail all day on non issues.
Yet Yorubas always wail over Eze Ndigbo in south west.

You guys are just hypocrites.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by SmartyPants(m): 9:27am On Nov 10, 2023
chiagozien:
Are you denying the fact.

We're not dumb okay.

Below is your Fellow Yoruba experienced because they thought she's Igbo.

Imagine what happened to real Igbos.

Igbos were unfairly treated in a few parts of Lagos. No doubt. But to exaggerate it to the extent of hunting and killing is a most wicked lie. Such never happened.

Moreover, are you saying that this happened all over Yorubaland? Where are the reports from Oyo? Ekiti? Osun? Ogun?

Isn't it quite wicked of you to attempt to instigate a whole tribal war over pockets of petty violence in a few parts of Lagos?

Are you saying there was no electoral violence in the East? Let's be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by dbestcno(m): 9:28am On Nov 10, 2023
I won't blame them. Most of them didn't grow up in the east or even know their villages
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by IPDGP: 9:31am On Nov 10, 2023
Probably dem be Obi LP people

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:31am On Nov 10, 2023
SirLakes:

Allow Bianca to contest election in her husband's state first

Ewu grin
Bingo carry your shit to sad waste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs / 5 Interesting Reasons Why Suya Is Prepared In The Evening / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.