Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter (39188 Views)

Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State / Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) / Accredited Amala Joints In Nigeria (2018 List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by nighthawk1: 7:46am On Nov 10, 2023
CAPTURE ALL BY MAKING IT A FOOD FESTIVAL..Peace!!!
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by anjowaka510(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2023
Wisereborn:
Some people are just hiding behind tribe to cause mayhem undecided

You travel outside your country and eat all sort of "delicacies" but here in your country you segregate undecided you well so

As far as it's nutritious or na wetin dey hungry me, I go eat, akpu, amala or tuwo shinkafa any day any time.

We have more pressing issues than the issue of varieties food undecided

I fear ooo, I still wonder if some were created with empty skull, but I believe God no dey do mistake, they on thier own removed the brain God gave to them. Out of serious issues to frown at na only amala whatever people dey rant upon, God abeg oo.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by AsaBlackheart(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2023
Princedapace:

But why cant other tribes like yorubas do abacha festival?

Well because the average yoruba can't prepare it. I can't.
I've seen it prepared once and the process is damn long.

But if someone organizes a abacha festival here in ogbomoso, trust me, we will go. 😋

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by tonididdy(m): 7:53am On Nov 10, 2023
Juoflife1:
I will eat this amala one day

I've and I'm not looking forward to it ever again

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by nedekid: 7:55am On Nov 10, 2023
Urheadmaster:
If you check well, the organizers were raised in Lagos state tongue
On a lighter note, Igbos own amala, gbegiri and ewedu, Amor, edor, shaki, fukun, ogunfe, tinko etc.
They built, developed and invented it, before teaching Yorubas. They introduced it to ibadan, hence amala politics. cool
Nb: weekend laugh.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by DomPerignon: 7:56am On Nov 10, 2023
America fought their most brutal battles in WW2 against the Japanese but in every major American city you will find a Sushi bar in the most exclusive high end districts.

Americans also fought the Italians but Pizza and Sphagetti meat balls are part of American culture.

Vietnamese restaurants are adjudged to be one of the finest outdoor dining also in America.

Germans are the inventors of the iconic American burger.

Japan, Germany and Italy which formed the major force in the Axis alliance are today the countries that have benefited most from American capital post WW2 after China.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by UncleKoboko: 7:56am On Nov 10, 2023

OSU PIGS ARE REALLY PATHETIC FOOLS

Where's Taylor89 ?

8 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by UncleKoboko: 7:59am On Nov 10, 2023
DiscoverID:
The most intolerant people/tribe of all time
And the pigs can buy and own houses in Lagos, Oyo, Ogun, Kano etc.
I really hate those OSU pigs

Where's Taylor89?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by sejere: 8:02am On Nov 10, 2023
People of the East should be allowed to socialize the best way they want to and have fun.

If you don't like Amala, form a group to celebrate Abacha or Okpa or Akpu.

I[b] live in Lagos, if you see the rush at which the West are learning and eating Uha soup, you will be surprised. There people have not killed them about it. Go to any buka joint and see how they are rushing Igbo food, go to Oyinbo and see how they are rushing Igbo food stuff and we are coexisting peacefully.
Please allow those that love Amala while others celebrate what they love abeg.[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by viodemus: 8:03am On Nov 10, 2023
90dbest:
You dey mind them . They want hide behind the gimmick that Igbo are not liberal and tolerant to blackmail us into accepting their discrimination and political marginalization, The same people that denied us voting in Lagos even to the extent of physically beating our people, have now turned around to preach tolerance. You have to be a monster to fight off a monster. We are learning from them, and Igbo is always a fast learner. The problem we have are those naive Lagos brought-up children who are not aware how Yoruba see them behind their back

Real true talk.

I used to be that aloof igbo, until their revelation play for me. They will see the reality for themselves. Na them sabi.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by djon78(m): 8:06am On Nov 10, 2023
Edusouls:
Due to influx of thousands of children born in Lagos but due to overpopulation and bad economy in Lagos state has returned to Igbo land with foreign culture

Xenophobs

You guys cried over the way GRV was treated in Lagos Election and the resultant effect

But here you guys are doing worse xenophobia

Onye mere unu ihea?

Who do una this kind thing?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Blaze14k: 8:13am On Nov 10, 2023
Bacteria8:
This is the 3rd edition I guess. The first 2 editions there was no uproar.

But now there's issue. Why ??

The 2023 election really destroyed whatever shred of unity we have been enjoying.

Exactly and this was the period I realized some yorubas don't like igbo people. This 2023 election destroyed alot of relationships

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Princedapace(m): 8:16am On Nov 10, 2023
AsaBlackheart:

Well because the average yoruba can't prepare it. I can't.
I've seen it prepared once and the process is damn long.

But if someone organizes a abacha festival here in ogbomoso, trust me, we will go. 😋

Until a yoruba person does that, my comments are valid. U will never see any yoruba person do it. There are many yorubas in south east, especially, Anambra, u can never see them trying to try such rubbish of returning to south west to host Abacha festival. Lets not pretend abeg.
There are countless northerners in the east that some places, u would think u are in the north when u are actually in the east. U can never see northener return to his region to host abacha festival.
Nonsense has to be corrected. Igbos do this rubbish alot.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by naijapikin2(m): 8:17am On Nov 10, 2023
Igbotic amala.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Okwyjesus(m): 8:20am On Nov 10, 2023
Princelumide:
Some people get problems sha!!!
Just ordinary amala, chaos everywhere...
undecided undecided lipsrsealed cool grin cheesy

It's worrisome to see increase in Yoruba and lgbo divide.

Sad to see it grow daily

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Slurity(m): 8:20am On Nov 10, 2023
The hatred in the heart of average Igbo people toward anyone that is not directly their own blood is topnotch. To the extent of even attacking food varieties. Bad blood full these people.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by SonofLothbrok: 8:22am On Nov 10, 2023
There is nothing wrong in eating Amala, but hosting Amala festival in our land is a no go area.

All this boys and girls that were brought up in Yoruba land should know we don't tolerate nonsense in Igbo land.

Better be warned. You will regret your actions if you don't respect our laws.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by deavicky(m): 8:22am On Nov 10, 2023
I would have been very glad if Amala is the problem of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chyzoo4u(m): 8:22am On Nov 10, 2023
DiscoverID:

"The most intolerant people..." yet they're organising an Amala Hangout festival in their own State, in a restaurant owned by a Yoruba woman.

Please, can you dig out or show me where Abacha or Okpa hangout festival has ever held in Akure, Abeokuta, or Oshogbo by the Yoruba's in a shop owned by an Igbo man?

You should think well before you talk.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Olumighty123(m): 8:23am On Nov 10, 2023
illicit:
Sha beware of unknown gunmen at the venue

🥴🤕

You may have put this out jokingly but it's the real deal, you might be surprised to know some of those guys making a fuse of this are one of those unknown gunmen out there.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Peaceworld(m): 8:24am On Nov 10, 2023
But Amala is good food na...rich in pottasium...

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Khyrvxjzy: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Lagos is a spot for all... besides ....they wanna do a festival on amala...that's total trash ...

this one cannot see husband

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by dfrost: 8:26am On Nov 10, 2023
SmartyPants:
There is a need for urgent national reorientation. This is too bad.

As a matter of urgency mate. Else... lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by illicit(m): 8:32am On Nov 10, 2023
Olumighty123:

You may have put this out jokingly but it's the real deal, you might be surprised to know some of those guys making a fuse of this are one of those unknown gunmen out there.

Like seriously

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Alsenora: 8:33am On Nov 10, 2023
Spot on...our ethnicities may differ but we are all connected in humanity that thrives on acculturation/assimilation of cultures....nations of modern world must drop insular views to advance
TUTU147:
So because I am igbo I will not like or eat any food outside igboland.Some people mumu na follow come.I love eating amala and ewedu,Bini black soup,beans soup,tiv soup, northern soup.Any food that is good for me I eat no matter where it is coming from.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by viodemus: 8:40am On Nov 10, 2023
PHAYOL81:
Hypocrites everywhere. Even the people condemning the fest will in short,distance time, eat AMALA or EBA in whatever food joint they patronise

SHAME!

See them. I guess you guys only got HATE-INCITING stories about other tribes from your parents/grandparents and are so consumed by it that you don't,bother to FACTCHECK. But the genesis,of all this,INTOLERANCE, DECEIT and BILE has the IGBO TRIBE obviously imprinted on it.
When your people called up a COUP plan to stop a percieved BAD GOVERNANCE, others stupidly agreed thinking they've got the collective interest of all at heart only,to realized in the end that the EASTERNERS only played on their intelligents. THIS GAVE BIRTH TO THE FEDERALISM YOU CRY ABOUT,TODAY (a situation mandated on us by your forefathers) AS WELL AS THE DISTRUST OTHERS HAVE OF YOU.
Yet you guys have the guts to call others INTOLERANTS when it's your TRAITS so much so that an indigene of a state in the east is not,wholeheartedly accepted in another,state of the same region. How much more, other tribes?

abeg clear.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Brimstone77: 8:41am On Nov 10, 2023

I wouldn't eat amala or any yoruba food for anything..

But at same time I wouldn't think of stopping anyone that want to eat it from doing so..

But imagine igbos wanting to host "akpu day" in Lagos,you and I know that it will be met with strong resistance from those that accuses igbos of taking over their lands..

Let's not be hypocritical here..

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Alsenora: 8:42am On Nov 10, 2023
This world is best lived respecting others opinion or chosen ways of life different from ours just as we expect same from others.
chubinwa:
But truth be said. That thing doesn't look like food. Amala can be acceptable but that ewedu shit is a no no even in igboland. It's not our thing
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by VERDA: 8:45am On Nov 10, 2023
Trustedpronet:
But the Igbos are happy when they see phino go on international taw...i have seen Igbos performing masquerade festival in another man's state yet the world did not end. Hausa and Yoruba are the only tribe with national interest at heart.

Bro if you look well, you will see that its more of fellow igbo's critisizing the bigotry, lets learn to seprate the wheat from the chaff and not generalise all the time, peace.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 8:47am On Nov 10, 2023
DiscoverID:
You know yorubas very well.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Timmi: 8:47am On Nov 10, 2023
naptu2:
More screenshots.

Igbo Kwedu! Igbo Amala!! Confused group of people from the land of rising wailers.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 8:49am On Nov 10, 2023
Xcelinteriors:
What is big deal if they have a feast of Amala in igbo land? Some people take this life too serious
Is not big deal but is big deal for Igbos to vote in Yoruba land

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Urhobo Owofibo (oil Soup) Aka Owo Soup / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? / See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.