Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,929 members, 7,824,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter (39236 Views)

Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State / Guests Dragging Hot Amala At An Event Abroad (Photos) / Accredited Amala Joints In Nigeria (2018 List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Magnoliaa(f): 9:33am On Nov 10, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Look at this pauper😂🤣... I don't trade words with degenerates....go and look for ur level ...look at u that have no future think u have an opinion

Ohhhh. This is interesting. So you do not care about being a good boy—sorry, girl, anymore?

I don't have a future, but is you not having a husband or crown of the head much terrible? Do you plan to attend Shiloh this year? How has it been working out for you in the past? How many wedding gowns have you worn? How many prayer mountains have you climbed?

Or do you want me to introduce you to soke transgenders to teach how to fake being a woman to some extent at least?

Because you're not foolish anyone with this act I tell. You're chasing customers away, because no woman who hopes to hitch a man ever behaves as aggressive as you're o.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by kay29000(m): 9:34am On Nov 10, 2023
Rajman45:
Diz one no suppose bring problem nah. Amala is barely eaten in Igbo land, although with a lot of lovers of it, due to exposure and traveling to other places. This Hangout will bring a lot of lost memories of Amala lovers.
#letamalaloversbreath#

You know some tribalistic Igbos use the phrase, 'Amala and Ewedu people' as a derogatory term to abuse Yoruba people... It's those tribalistic Igbos that are vexed that an Amala festival wants to be held in their land.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Danisaint112(m): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2023
DiscoverID:
The most intolerant people/tribe of all time

As long as it has to do with Yorubas, I'm happy it's condemn. I mean, for a tribe that beat up people from a specific tribe just because they came out to vote.

If igbos were segregated during the election by yorubas I see no reason why they shouldn't do such especially when it has to do promotion of culture.

FYI, the last time Nigerians pay less attention to tribe was before the last presidential election. Nigeria is way more divided now than you imagine (X7).

Don't get it mixed up. What you see in majority of people offline is fake love. Know this and know peace.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by HardBishop: 9:36am On Nov 10, 2023
viodemus:

Real true talk.

I used to be that aloof igbo, until their revelation play for me. They will see the reality for themselves. Na them sabi.
you flog, injured and destroyed Igbo belongings during the elections, why won't igbos reciprocate such wonderful gesture?
even saying igbos will never rule, thinking we can be played with....

The game is just getting started
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by SirLakes: 9:36am On Nov 10, 2023
chiagozien:
Bingo carry your shit to sad waste.

Ewu continue to wail till thy kingdom come

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Magnoliaa(f): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Fool...I'm married with a kid

Have you taken them to school yet, you groomed them well? Because I know your kind of housewife and how you act.

If you're this uncouth online, I wonder how your husband is living with you. Olodo that wants to be forming nonsense solidarity. YOU are the one that make men insult your kind.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by HardBishop: 9:39am On Nov 10, 2023
kay29000:

You know some tribalistic Igbos use the phrase, 'Amala and Ewedu people' as a derogatory term to abuse Yoruba people... It's those tribalistic Igbos that are vexed that an Amala festival wants to be held in their land.

pls that soup festival should never near Igbo land... pls.
the hatred has began, and we shall see the end of it.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by AsaBlackheart(m): 9:40am On Nov 10, 2023
Princedapace:

Until a yoruba person does that, my comments are valid. U will never see any yoruba person do it. There are many yorubas in south east, especially, Anambra, u can never see them trying to try such rubbish of returning to south west to host Abacha festival. Lets not pretend abeg.
There are countless northerners in the east that some places, u would think u are in the north when u are actually in the east. U can never see northener return to his region to host abacha festival.
Nonsense has to be corrected. Igbos do this rubbish alot.

Well that seems more like a mentality that needs to be corrected among igbos.
I am not igbo.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:43am On Nov 10, 2023
SmartyPants:

Igbos were unfairly treated in a few parts of Lagos. No doubt. But to exaggerate it to the extent of hunting and killing is a most wicked lie. Such never happened.

Moreover, are you saying that this happened all over Yorubaland? Where are the reports from Oyo? Ekiti? Osun? Ogun?

Isn't it quite wicked of you to attempt to instigate a whole tribal war over pockets of petty violence in a few parts of Lagos?

Are you saying there was no electoral violence in the East? Let's be reasonable.
Still didn't change the fact that Yorubas haunted and attack Igbos in Yoruba land during last election.

Reason is because most yorubas supported that Evil act, here we saw yorubas Hailing the attackers, saying so many things against Igbos like,go back to your region,we must teach you people a lesson, etc.

Even when your Oba of Lagos threatened to throw Igbos into lagoon if they don't vote for a particular candidate.

We saw yorubas hailed and applauded him.

The truth is you Yorubas can't take what you dish out to others.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:44am On Nov 10, 2023
SirLakes:

Ewu continue to wail till thy kingdom come
Nkita Una wailing is just starting.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Goodvibes007: 9:44am On Nov 10, 2023
Blaze14k:

Exactly and this was the period I realized some yorubas don't like igbo people. This 2023 election destroyed alot of relationships
When Peter Obi was calling Ngige Yoruba candidate during ACN vs APGA. That sure wasn't 2023.

https://www.inigerian.com/peter-obi-akunyili-and-political-folly/

It wasn't 2023 when the Igbos went full tribal on many threads on Nairaland including the one below:

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Okwyjesus(m): 9:45am On Nov 10, 2023
Princelumide:
It's really worrisome to see them divide... Political differences really the cause of all...

embarassed lipsrsealed undecided

2023 election mess up the fragile unity. Why would Yorubas and lgbos always be fighting.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by delpee(f): 9:47am On Nov 10, 2023
chubinwa:
But truth be said. That thing doesn't look like food. Amala can be acceptable but that ewedu shit is a no no even in igboland. It's not our thing

If only you know the nutritional value of ewedu....
Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:47am On Nov 10, 2023
HardBishop:

They should carry their shit to waste.

We must learn to behave like them.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by kay29000(m): 9:47am On Nov 10, 2023
HardBishop:

But it is not Yoruba people in Enugu that want to hold the festival, it is liberal igbo people in Enugu that want to hold the festival.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Goodvibes007: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2023
kay29000:

But it is not Yoruba people in Enugu that want to hold the festival, it is liberal igbo people in Enugu that want to hold the festival.
Ibos are known for killing themselves over meaningless issues. I won't be suprised if the organizer gets attacked by UGM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:50am On Nov 10, 2023
Okwyjesus:

2023 election mess up the fragile unity. Why would Yorubas and lgbos always be fighting.

Why would Igbos be at peace with those that always wish evil to them
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Goodvibes007: 9:51am On Nov 10, 2023
Slurity:
The hatred in the heart of average Igbo people toward anyone that is not directly their own blood is topnotch. To the extent of even attacking food varieties. Bad blood full these people.
Now imagine if they had won the election. It was an iboman pastor said one Ibo man was equal to 500 Hausa men. They don't like anything not Ibo. Even within themselves, they have sub-tribal issues.

We got to know about how they discriminate against Ebonyi people. Peter Obi not letting non Anambrans contest in some elections. Anambra not wanting Bianca Ojukwu to contest in Anambra because she is from Enugu e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Princedapace(m): 9:52am On Nov 10, 2023
AsaBlackheart:

Well that seems more like a mentality that needs to be corrected among igbos.
I am not igbo.

Thank you very much for understanding. That is what we are trying to correct among igbos.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by delpee(f): 9:52am On Nov 10, 2023
Turns out it's the 3rd edition. Why is there so much noise and antagonism then?

Enugu that I know and have visited at least twice is quite cosmopolitan. I never felt out of place. Perhaps the 2023 elections has done us more harm than good.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 9:52am On Nov 10, 2023
kay29000:

They should carry the shit festival go west.

There's nothing they will do that will make Yorubas to stop hating Igbos.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Goodvibes007: 9:53am On Nov 10, 2023
delpee:
Turns out it's the 3rd edition. Why is there so much noise and antagonism then?

Enugu that I know and have visited at least twice is quite cosmopolitan. I never felt out of place. Perhaps the 2023 elections has done us more harm than good.
It was a religious war according to some.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Judd007: 9:53am On Nov 10, 2023
I ate banga rice this morning, am planning to eat abacha later, then amala in the evening, tomorrow is mia kuka I will eat,I celebrate all.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Goodvibes007: 9:55am On Nov 10, 2023
Jamie1000:
Some Enugu ppl dey behave like abakeliki ppl... mugu...
Of course. The Anambrans, Imo and Abians like to shit on Enugu and Ebonyi people. Not surprising.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by SmartyPants(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2023
chiagozien:
Still didn't change the fact that Yorubas haunted and attack Igbos in Yoruba land during last election.

Reason is because most yorubas supported that Evil act, here we saw yorubas Hailing the attackers, saying so many things against Igbos like,go back to your region,we must teach you people a lesson, etc.

Even when your Oba of Lagos threatened to throw Igbos into lagoon if they don't vote for a particular candidate.

We saw yorubas hailed and applauded him.

The truth is you Yorubas can take what you dish out to others.

So most Yorubas supported such acts yet Peter Obi won in Lagos. How is that possible?

Truth is you are dealing with your own hatred of Yorubas and you need a good reason to justify it so it is convenient to exagerrate all that happened. Stop it!

You are not different from those Yorubas who support such acts.

And I am not Yoruba for your info.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by DrMuzungu(m): 10:02am On Nov 10, 2023
People's Republic of Dumbfvckistan!
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Blaze14k: 10:06am On Nov 10, 2023
Goodvibes007:

When Peter Obi was calling Ngige Yoruba candidate during ACN vs APGA. That sure wasn't 2023.

https://www.inigerian.com/peter-obi-akunyili-and-political-folly/

It wasn't 2023 when the Igbos went full tribal on many threads on Nairaland including the one below:

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

Bros abeg I'm telling about my experience am not here to trade words with u. I use to like yoruba alot until I witnessed the level of hate this 2023 election. If igbos are being tribal I never knew about that cos it's not so pronounced like what u guys did in lagos.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 10:07am On Nov 10, 2023
SmartyPants:

So most Yorubas supported such acts yet Peter Obi won in Lagos. How is that possible?

Truth is you are dealing with your own hatred of Yorubas and you need a good reason to justify it so it is convenient to exagerrate all that happened. Stop it!

You are not different from those Yorubas who support such acts.

And I am not Yoruba for your info.
You're not yoruba but you're yoruba defender.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 10:08am On Nov 10, 2023
Blaze14k:

Bros abeg I'm telling about my experience am not here to trade words with u. I use to like yoruba alot until I witnessed the level of hate this 2023 election. If igbos are being tribal I never knew about that cos it's not so pronounced like what u guys did in lagos.
We must learn to treat Yorubas the same way they treat Igbos.
Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by hafeeanubasy: 10:11am On Nov 10, 2023
Blaze14k:

Exactly and this was the period I realized some yorubas don't like igbo people. This 2023 election destroyed alot of relationships

Really?

Yet an Igbo man won lagos while a yoruba man couldn't even make 25% in any Igbo state.

Na comment like this make me realize how foolish dele farotimi,doyin okupe,Akin Osunyokun,macaroni etc are.

You think yorubas don't know how you harass Tinubu supporters in Igbo land,it was not escalated because yorubas are not cry cry baby and alarmist like you. ALSO,anything that happens in lagos makes news,although all are LIES!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by chiagozien(m): 10:12am On Nov 10, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

Really?

Yet an Igbo man won lagos while a yoruba man couldn't even make 25% in any Igbo state.

Na comment like this make me realize how foolish dele farotimi,doyin okupe,Akin Osunyokun,macaroni etc are.

You think yorubas don't know how you harass Tinubu supporters in Igbo land,it was not escalated because yorubas are not cry cry baby and alarmist like you. ALSO,anything that happens in lagos makes news,although all are LIES!
Stop trying to change the narrative

Re: Enugu Amala Hangout Causes Controversy On Twitter by Blaze14k: 10:13am On Nov 10, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

Really?

Your opinion not mine and I'm not a politician I just told u my experience and other thing u wish to say that's ur cup of tea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

See The Snake That Swallows Neighbour's Eggs / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? / 5 Interesting Reasons Why Suya Is Prepared In The Evening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.