Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira (25025 Views)

Ogun Pastor, Akinsanya Welcome Twins After 18 Years / Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 28, 2011
Tsun:

Efcc is not the best option my brother, and your parents will not forgive you if anything happens to your brother.
Give me some mins i will get back to you to tell you what to do,

At the same time, ignoring a younger brother, who's obviously into something he shouldn't be, is not the best option.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 28, 2011
Imanuelle:

OP u no well,
d most silly thing u can do is to beef or report your brother to the EFCC.
besides, will efcc return the money to the rightful owner
abeg think well oh,
just move on, your brother dun hammer,
advice him to invest and start a life, dont beef em,
besides, his bread jst got buttered, rejoice with him,
its a lawless country anyways, undecided

The fact we're getting responses from such a tiny portion of Nigerians, is a worry. If 97% of Nigerians have this mindset, what hope does Nigeria have as a country?

I despair of Nigeria. Either her citizens are genuinely ignorant, and can differentiate between right and wrong, or they prefer to turn a blind eye to crime, as long as there's money in it.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by justwise(m): 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2011
Imanuelle:

OP u no well,

d most silly thing u can do is to beef or report your brother to the EFCC.

besides, will efcc return the money to the rightful owner

abeg think well oh,

just move on, your brother dun hammer,

advice him to invest and start a life, dont beef em,

besides, his bread jst got buttered, rejoice with him,

its a lawless country anyways, undecided

People like you made it lawless anyway.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 28, 2011
justwise:

People like you made it lawless anyway.

people like u pretend not to know the truth about their country,
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2011
Siena:

The fact we're getting responses from such a tiny portion of Nigerians, is a worry. If 97% of Nigerians have this mindset, what hope does Nigeria have as a country?

I despair of Nigeria. Either her citizens are genuinely ignorant, and can differentiate between right and wrong, or they prefer to turn a blind eye to crime, as long as there's money in it.

the political holders have left us behind,. now we have to struggle to be able to be alive,

seriously, if i hav the chance to hit 1billion from a maga, i go chop am,

wot are u preaching

pretenders!!
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Demdem(m): 4:40pm On Oct 28, 2011
@ Poster,

Was he an ex-militant or probably warlord? i am asking this because i know so many of them like that. Just connecting some dots.
however 18yrs, Jobless School cert and above all from Delta, he is definitely on a lonnnnnng thing. Apology to all delta indigenes
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Okijajuju1(m): 4:42pm On Oct 28, 2011
My problem isnt that the posters brother did the right thing by doing yahoo, but his Maga has paid, why is it family that is trying to rat him out to the Feds.

If I knew his brother, I would call him up and tell him what his brother is up to and advice him to have the O.P merked. angry
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by spyder880(m): 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
^^^ that will be 1 billion years in hell fire!
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2011
Imanuelle:

the political holders have left us behind,. now we have to struggle to be able to be alive,
seriously,  if i hav the chance to hit 1billion from a maga,  i go chop am,
wot are u preaching
pretenders!!

Naturally, there's nothing wrong with you yourself being scammed or robbed, if this your take on things? Can you honestly, hand on heart tell me, if your son (God forbid) came home, and said he had a scam going, or had a robbery set up that would bring in a whole bunch of cash, you'd encourage him? Tell him due to the dishonest actions of Nigerian politicians, his plan was the way forward?

C'mon bro!
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by justwise(m): 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2011
Okija_juju:

My problem isnt that the posters brother did the right thing by doing yahoo, but his Maga has paid, why is it family that is trying to rat him out to the Feds.

If I knew his brother, I would call him up and tell him what his brother is up to and advice him to have the O.P merked.  angry

Maybe the Op got some high moral standard than many of you here.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by superior1: 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2011
Advice him and then face your own life, at 18, he sure knows the consequences of what he is doing
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2011
A disturbing trend on here, is the assumption that the OP's brother got his sudden wealth through fraud. Supposing he got it through some other means? Armed robbery or kidnapping? Is that acceptable too? Anyone who's lost a loved one to armed robbers will know the pain such loss causes.

Or those who've lost a loved one to kidnappers, never to be seen again. Not even a body to bury. Or even ritualists. Now, tell me it isn't best to report such a person to the police? Or you'd rather wait till such a brother gets caught by an angry mob, and is shown no mercy? Flaming tyres round his neck? And if you think in all cases, an angry, blood-thirsty mob will be content with just roasting the brother? They could decide the parents he lived with deserve the same fate, or if they're lucky, they could have their house burnt down.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
@op. ur money dey lost? wetin dey cause ur head ache now? him steal frm u?
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by iykak47: 5:05pm On Oct 28, 2011
No matter how  good an allegation may sound , it can never  be a subsitute to evidence. ''the  guy is into yahoo yahoo, the guy is a fraudster''  all these are speculations. OP do investigation and get your facts, remember  YOU HAVEN'T  GOT  IT UNTILL YOU GET IT.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Okijajuju1(m): 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2011
justwise:

Maybe the Op got some high moral standard than many of you here.

And have you heard the saying that Family always comes first! This is the type of shi't that made Cane kill Abel just cos Abel was doing better than him.

I'll leave you with a line by Michael Corleone to his elder brother in the movie Godfather;

Michael: [coldly] Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Okijajuju1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ that will be 1 billion years in hell fire!

If the boy is truly into yahoo, then he is already on his way there so why not enjoy life before going, and if his brother stands in his way, take him out.

If this OP were my brother, I would have merked him the instant he started snitching on me to others.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by justwise(m): 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2011
Okija_juju:

And have you heard the saying that Family always comes first! This is the type of shi't that made Cane kill Abel just cos Abel was doing better than him.

I'll leave you with a line by Michael Corleone to his elder brother in the movie Godfather;

Michael: [coldly] Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever.

I keep saying it that some of you here are as bad as common criminal.

Yes family comes first when 'family' is doing the right thing, but family comes last when it comes to the issue of crime, i will disown any of my family member who lives on crime, i will disown my mother if she supports that family member i swear to God! there is two ways about it.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Okijajuju1(m): 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2011
justwise:

I keep saying it that some of you here are as bad as common criminal.

Yes family comes first when 'family' is doing the right thing, but family comes last when it comes to the issue of crime, i will disown any of my family member who lives on crime, i will disown my mother if she supports that family member i swear to God! there is two ways about it.

Well thank God we arent related, I would actually cry and give a speech at your funeral. Cos you would be dead. No two ways about it.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by engrj(m): 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2011
Keep on praying 4 him and let him live his life.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by justwise(m): 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2011
Okija_juju:

Well thank God we arent related, I would actually cry and give a speech at your funeral. Cos you would be dead. No two ways about it.

That is the only thing i agree with you on, there is no way i will have a criminal as a brother, if the authority did not kill him i will do the job to save the family's name.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2011
The burden of conscience is far less than the burden of poverty, which is exarcebated by a society that despises struggling people and strips them of all dignity and humanity. That is the bitter truth. Some of you idealists here may too privileged to 'see reason' with the OP's brother. I assume the young lad would be all too willing to make good money 'legally' if any one of us shows him how. In the absence of that, he has no alternative than to do that which he already knows how to. I insist that as long as it is not armed robbery/kidnapping/rituals or any other crime that involves violence, then a man has got to do what he has to do by any means necessary. Otherwise, he'll be guilty of the worst crime as far as Nigerians are concerned, i.e. Poverty. And there's nothing worse than that, not even death.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2011
Okija, some of your posts on here have been funny, and I've had a good old hearty laugh, some I agree with, but not this. Family support's great, but the love for our family should not lure us into a false sense of loyalty. Some things you can ignore, some you can't. I love my family, but let's say I had a teenage son, who'd committed armed robbery, and in the process, he'd killed the person he'd robbed. Murder! Would I turn a blind eye, and in so doing, become an accessory? Hell no! Even if I lived in a state that upheld the death penalty, I would not cover up for my son.

Turning a blind eye to crime in the family is the worst thing one can do. It will run in the family, and get passed down to future generations. This pretty much passes out the message - "your brother just stoved some poor sods head in, but if the police ask, your brother was here all night." Heaven forbid I have a child that steals, robs and carries out other crimes such as kidnapping, or killings. I couldn't care less how much money such crimes bring in, I would hand such a child over to the authorities, without question. I would not have a criminal child infect the rest of my children. He / she would still remain my child, but he / she'll have to pay for their crimes. Hopefully a spell in jail will straighten him / her out. If not, then only God could help such a child.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2011
EFCC? Your brother? In Nigeria? From all indications you are JEALOUS and taking it too far. Do you have proof that he is doing something shady. Are your parents not alive to deal with it.

If he is 18, then he is a grown adult who should be responsible for his actions and not yours to determine how he will live his life. You can only guide him and not control him.

There are many online resources on how to deal with JEALOUSY. Here is a link http://www.davidbonham-carter.com/jealousy.html
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2011
Siena:

I would hand such a child over to the authorities, without question.

Your yarns na Story. Anyway GOD forbid sha.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by greggng: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2011
it is better you talk to ur brother and let this remain ur immediate family affair. Reporting him to police or efcc will expose ur brother and family to risk. For instance someone ate my money and i locked in up at the police station. The person signed undertaken to pay on installment. The police always collect 10% of whatever comes in. The will succeed in ripping ur brother up. your house will become a tourist center for police and bad belle people. Just pray he is not a ritualist, i hate that one.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2011
1stCitizen:

Your yarns na Story. Anyway GOD forbid sha.

That's your opinion. I don't condone crime, I wasn't brought up to turn a blind eye.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by better4u: 7:37pm On Oct 28, 2011
How can we (Nigerian) change, what is jealousy about this, ? i will say you are a patriot, a man with moral and dignity. you have done your home work, you have advised your brother and he never listen, you have catered for him as you should, so he refused to listen, it is time to make him feel, telling EFCC is the best idea. He needed to be in a place of correction for him to know the havoc of what he has involved himself, one love, God bless you, God bless Nigeria!
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2011
1stCitizen:

EFCC? Your brother? In Nigeria? From all indications you are JEALOUS and taking it too far.

Jealousy isn't the issue here. The jealousy tag in instances like this is just a smoke screen, the average Nigerian uses to throw someone off a criminal trail.

1stCitizen:

Do you have proof that he is doing something shady.

No, the OP has no proof, but how else does an 18-year-old school cert holder, with no obvious source of livelihood explain his purchase of a 5 million Naira car?

1stCitizen:

Are your parents not alive to deal with it.

The parents are certainly alive and well, but they're too enveloped in a dense fog of surreality, due to the good life unexplained wealth brings.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Oluchia(f): 7:51pm On Oct 28, 2011
I weep for Nigeria! This country is finished. It is now confirmed, 80% of nigerians are criminals and most of them are on Nairaland. People, be careful o! Dont give out ur personal info on this site else u fall their victim.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
@OP: if u report the boy GOD go punish u and u nor go eva make am for ur life again. I'm sure ur parents wud curse u too - illegal or clean money let the boy freestyle.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2011
9jacrip:

@OP: if u report the boy GOD go punish u and u nor go eva make am for your life again. I'm sure your parents wud curse u too - illegal or clean money let the boy freestyle.

Are you for real?! God is not sentimental, he would bless the OP for doing the right thing. God's blessing will offset any useless, futile curses the parents may utter. They are more guilty than their son.
Re: Help! Mine Jobless 18 Years Old Brother Just Bought A Car Worth 5million Naira by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2011
Oluchia:

I weep for Nigeria! This country is finished. It is now confirmed, 80% of nigerians are criminals and most of them are on Nairaland. People, be careful o! Dont give out your personal info on this site else u fall their victim.

Sadly, you're right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Cussons Baby Moment: Parents Accuse Organisers Of Favouritism And Exploitation / Odebunmi Ashabi Celebrates Her Quadruplets 1st Birthday (Photos) / Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.