Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) (24632 Views)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / What Did You Cook Today? / How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by ukaface(f): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2023
Rubbiish:

Hmm..
πŸ™„

1 Like

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Kendrick80(m): 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2023
Jollof spaghetti

2 Likes

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2023
Tea 🍡
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Kakamorufu(m): 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
I can do Most regular meals. I've added assorted Okro to it now cool

1 Like

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Myer(m): 8:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Sooo, eat some of the following:
Lol you assume the burden of proof is on me.
I'm not the one scared to eat God-given good meals, that's you.
Good night and hopefully God delivers you from your phobias, I can only imagine how many of them you're grappling with... in your mind.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Average9jaman: 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2023
Water grin
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by CaptainFM1: 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
Water
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2023
Beef stew.

If I handle beef stew for you ehn, Jesus Christ. grin

I have a special method of cooking it, a secret recipe like KFC, that I will never teach anybody, even my wife. Not even magnoliaa will know.

But I stopped cooking it sha because the aftermath is hell. Attacking my gums and teeth with toothpicks, punching holes everywhere, making dentists rich.

Now I settled for fish since its softer. I am getting old I guess.

5 Likes

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2023
CaptainFM1:
Water

Average9jaman:
Water grin

lexy2014:

fetch the water from any source of your choosing in a pot and put it on fire. u good to go

Ezedon:
Hot water

If Nlfpmod had left the dish in the title on the front page, none of those would've happened.
I mean, what can you cook so well could be anything. πŸ™„
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 9:16pm On Nov 23, 2023
femi4:
For your mind, you think beans is easy to cook....abeg rest

Just say you know how to cook only beans, and I promise, we won't judge you. cheesy
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by PoliteActivist: 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2023
Myer:

Lol you assume the burden of proof is on me.
I'm not the one scared to eat God-given good meals, that's you.
Good night and hopefully God delivers you from your phobias, I can only imagine how many of them you're grappling with... in your mind.

Well, you and I know there are poisonous plants and mushrooms, some of them highly lethal. If you pretend you don't know that then you are being dishonest. Infact you could be said to be a LIAR, and that's not something nice.

Everything around you is from science including this internet, including the vaccines you had and medications you've taken. It relies on observation, deduction, logic, and experimention, and reasons for things are clearly spelled out (eg why combining dodo and beans is not good).

Do have a beautiful night

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 9:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
pansophist:
Beef stew.

Is it the Nigerian one or the one "white" people make?

I have a special method of cooking it, a secret recipe like KFC, that I will never teach anybody, even my wife. Not even magno liaa will know.

Like Mr. Krabs and his jealously guarded Krabby Patty formula lol. That's an acceptable marital secret in my book sha grin. It's a good 'mystery'. So long as it's mouth-watering, and the family can bond over it, do you.

But I stopped cooking it sha because the aftermath is hell. Attacking my gums and teeth with toothpicks, punching holes everywhere, making dentists rich.

I thought-. So it's a secret recipe, and you stopped cooking it. Not even on ... special occasions? Who will be the judge of it being as good as you believe?

Of all protein, fish is my least favourite. If you open my left ventricle right now, you will find ponmo beating inside the chamber of my heart.

1 Like

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Clinghton: 10:38pm On Nov 23, 2023
I can cook anything yummy with the help of YouTube.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Clinghton: 10:39pm On Nov 23, 2023
I can cook anything yummy with the help of YouTube
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Clinghton: 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2023
I can cook anything yummy with the help of YouTube.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Bobo121(m): 10:44pm On Nov 23, 2023
I can prepare delicious ogbono soup, egusi soup and stew....
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Regex: 10:44pm On Nov 23, 2023
pansophist:
Beef stew.

I have a special method of cooking it, a secret recipe like KFC, that I will never teach anybody, even my wife. Not even magnoliaa will know.

You could marinate the meat with baking soda to make it tender.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 10:54pm On Nov 23, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Below

'Expert says'. 'Research shows'. 🀣

Who are they, and where is it?

1 Like

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2023
mariahAngel:
Just say you know how to cook only beans, and I promise, we won't judge you. cheesy

Ehscuuz me, plis, Ms. What is wrong with beans?? ??
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by PoliteActivist: 11:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
Magnoliaa:

'Expert says'. 'Research shows'. 🀣

Who are they, and where is it?

Like these ones below. But it is not just the experts, it is their detailed explanation why!

(My only problem is that Nigerians have been eating it since forever and they have not all dropped dead!)

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by okeke6969: 11:30pm On Nov 23, 2023
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Nothing

I can't cook anything

Not my fault though

It is a long time problem to me. All my siblings are females...so with time I became so useless when it comes to kitchen
Even if I'm dying of hunger I won't enter the kitchen. I will be looking for already made food because that is what I'm used to. Always waiting for them to cook and run down to their house to eat. Including the married ones.
I'm even at my elder sisters place now waiting for dinner while I devour her cray fish.

Oga, this your Nokia phone na apuruka.
E never die since.
I think is your regular trademark. Hahahaha,!!!!!!
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Dmanpee(m): 12:10am On Nov 24, 2023
I can cook son of beans (danwake).
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pius4luv(m): 3:12am On Nov 24, 2023
I can cook beans egusi afororo spaghetti I love cooking a lot

1 Like

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Munzy14(m): 6:01am On Nov 24, 2023
mariahAngel:
I'm almost quite sure most of you will come here and tell us beans/noodles, but please guys, you can do better those.
Just believe in yourselves. Shock us please.πŸ˜€

So, what is that dish you know you can confidently cook so well?
No lying o!😌
What dish do you cook best?

Pictures credit: Mariah's
NL number1 food person..πŸ˜ŽπŸ€—

1 Like

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2023
Munzy14:

NL number1 food person..πŸ˜ŽπŸ€—

I am onye nri. HeheheπŸ˜€
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Like these ones below. But it is not just the experts, it is their detailed explanation why!

(My only problem is that Nigerians have been eating it since forever and they have not all dropped dead!)

What incentive do I have to believe these people? grin

Anybody can get on the Internet and just write anything.

Oh, great. I am happy you acknowledged that nothing has ever happened to us since 1965 that we have been eating beans and plantain, so it's bullshxt.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by omooba969(m): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
mariahAngel:
I'm almost quite sure most of you will come here and tell us beans/noodles, but please guys, you can do better those.
Just believe in yourselves. Shock us please.πŸ˜€

So, what is that dish you know you can confidently cook so well?
No lying o!😌
What dish do you cook best?

Pictures credit: Mariah's

Do you run a food takeaway or restaurant?
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Munzy14(m): 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2023
mariahAngel:

I am onye nri. HeheheπŸ˜€
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Uwa wu ofu mbia!

1 Like

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 10:39pm On Nov 24, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Is it the Nigerian one or the one "white" people make?

Like Mr. Krabs and his jealously guarded Krabby Patty formula lol. That's an acceptable marital secret in my book sha grin. It's a good 'mystery'. So long as it's mouth-watering, and the family can bond over it, do you.

I thought-. So it's a secret recipe, and you stopped cooking it. Not even on ... special occasions? Who will be the judge of it being as good as you believe?

Of all protein, fish is my least favourite. If you open my left ventricle right now, you will find ponmo beating inside the chamber of my heart.

White people don't have stew na, so it's black people's stew.

Nobody has eaten it and didn't applaud, nobody. In fact, some friends who have events or just want us to chill will beg if I can handle the kitchen, with the stew as a feature in the menu.

I kid you not. You see beef stew, you need to salute me for that area. I carry PHD there.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
pansophist:
White people don't have stew na, so it's black people's stew.

Nobody has eaten it and didn't applaud, nobody. In fact, some friends who have events or just want us to chill will beg if I can handle the kitchen, with the stew as a feature in the menu.

I kid you not. You see beef stew, you need to salute me for that area. I carry PHD there.

This was what me I saw online sha. And ever since you mentioned one reindeer kind of food lol, I thought you might be referring to a non-Nigerian beef stew (pictured below).

Awwwnnn. Must be a flex to be able to make anything you feel like eating, anytime, and to do it well. cheesy

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 11:06pm On Nov 24, 2023
Magnoliaa:

This was what me I saw online sha. And ever since you mentioned one reindeer kind of food lol, I thought you might be referring to a non-Nigerian beef stew (pictured below).

Awwwnnn. Must be a flex to be able to make anything you feel like eating, anytime, and to do it well. cheesy

white people wey fit add sugar to their stew.

What they call stew and ours are different, may look similar, but structurally different. Their stew is not fried but cooked, with sliced vegetables added.

Then no pepper, no knorr maggi, no double concentrated tomato paste, the fresh tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, etc may not be freshly blended but added pre-blended straight from the Sarchet. How that food wan take sweet nitori olorun?

They drink their stew like pepper soup, I don't drink mine. It is different abeg.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 11:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
pansophist:
white people wey fit add sugar to their stew.

There are some Nigerians that do this nonsense sha. But it's for beans, and yam. They add sugar to it. E nor get as I wan bad reach, nothing will ever make me put sugar in any food that I have to cook.

What they call stew and ours are different, may look similar, but structurally different. Their stew is not fried but cooked, with sliced vegetables added.

Then no pepper, no knorr maggi, no double concentrated tomato paste, the fresh tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, etc may not be freshly blended but added pre-blended straight from the Sarchet. How that food wan take sweet nitori olorun?

I heard (more like watched on a video) that Italian food is known for being tasteless/bland like that. And a lot of people were really agreeing with it. And that you should be moving about with your own spices.

I cannot imagine eating food without pepper even, at least.

They drink their stew like pepper soup, I don't drink mine. It is different abeg.

Yesss. I notice this in novels that I read. They literally treat soup like something to drink and a main food. They also eat apple, and candy/chocolate bars and snacks like they're actual breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Then on the other side is some elaborate meal and different combinations, at a sitting or a one-course meal, and I'll be like, how do they eat these? If I come across it in a book again, I'll share an excerpt with you to see what I'm talking about.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Baking Hobby.. :D / Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) / Homemade Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.