Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) (24664 Views)

Can You Cook Your Meals With Shea Butter? (pictures) / What Did You Cook Today? / How Many Times Do You Cook In A Week? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 11:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
Magnoliaa:

There are some Nigerians that do this nonsense sha. But it's for beans, and yam. They add sugar to it. E nor get as I wan bad reach, nothing will ever make me put sugar in any food that I have to cook.

I heard (more like watched on a video) that Italian food is known for being tasteless/bland like that. And a lot of people were really agreeing with it. And that you should be moving about with your own spices. I cannot imagine eating food without pepper even, at least.

Yesss. I notice this in novels that I read. They literally treat soup like something to drink and a main food. They also eat apple, and candy/chocolate bars, and snacks like they're actual breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Then on the other side is some elaborate meal and different combinations, at a sitting or a one-course meal, and I'll be like, how do they eat these? If I come across it in a book again, I'll share an excerpt with you to see what I'm talking about.

Yes, soups are usually the entry course, then the main course is the actual food, and the desserts are the final stage. This style of eating is common in official settings.

Usually upscale to high-end restaurants do this.

Italians have the best chefs and foods in Europe, and perhaps, the world. If you switch the Brits with Italian, then I can agree with you. Italian foods are known globally to be really good.

Pizza, pasta, Lasagne, Macaroni, and spaghetti, all originated from Italy. And their wine is a household name. Food is what Italy is known for

Multinational restaurant chains are notable for failing in Italy, due to their food culture that is very good. Domino Pizza is an example. They came to Italy, packed up, and left because Italians wouldn't eat their food.

They competed really hard, opened lots of stores, and did lots of promos, but left, but found it difficult to penetrate Italy, a country with many chefs who do pizza fresh and authentic.

Honestly, I wonder how these American fast-food chains are making it in Nigeria. Do Nigerians eat their overpriced junk? especially that one that the name starts with burger lol

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 12:08am On Nov 25, 2023
pansophist:
Yes, soups are usually the entry course, then the main course is the actual food, and the desserts are the final stage. This style of eating is common in official settings.

Yes, I know this is like the standard in a formal setting. I was referring to just a small household or just one person. They just eat a soup, and that's all.

Italians have the best chefs and foods in Europe, and perhaps, the world. If you switch the Brits with Italian, then I can agree with you. Italian foods are known globally to be really good.

Pizza, pasta, Lasagne, Macaroni, and spaghetti, all originated from Italy. And their wine is a household name. Food is what Italy is known for

Multinational restaurant chains are notable for failing in Italy, due to their food culture that is very good. Domino Pizza is an example. They came to Italy, packed up, and left because Italians wouldn't eat their food.

They competed really hard, opened lots of stores, and did lots of promos, but left, but found it difficult to conquer the origin of Pizza, Italy, with my chef who does it fresh and authentic.

I wonder now why those guys were trash-talking Italian food.

Honestly, I wonder how these American fast-food chains are making it in Nigeria. Do Nigerians eat their overpriced junk? especially that one that the name starts with burger lol

Since they haven't packed up, I guess they are making sustainable sales. But yeah, junk food is not* common with our people here. There was an interesting discussion about it on Twitter today.

And this guy, Morris Monye, was suggesting that Starbucks should come to Nigeria. grin
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 12:18am On Nov 25, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Yes, I know this is like the standard in a formal setting. I was referring to just a small household or just one person. They just eat a soup, and that's all.

I wonder now why those guys were trash-talking Italian food.

Since they haven't packed up, I guess they are making sustainable sales.

This guy on Twitter, Morris Monye, was suggesting that Starbucks should come to Nigeria. grin

I mean, I can list out of my head at least five reasons why Starbucks won't come.

From the buying power of the average Nigerian to the lack of coffee culture in Nigeria, to the geopolitical situations of the Ecowas region (where would they expand to?), the dwindling strength of the naira, and because there are more lucrative destinations to expand to.

Just so you know, west Africa is the poorest region in Africa. So before coming here, they will go the East, South, and Northern Africa. Starbucks and MacDonald are in South Africa for example.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 12:30am On Nov 25, 2023
pansophist:
I mean, I can list out of my head at least five reasons why Starbucks won't come.

From the buying power of the average Nigerian to the lack of coffee culture in Nigeria..., to the geopolitical situations of the Ecowas region (where would they expand to?), the dwindling strength of the naira, and because there are more lucrative destinations to expand to.

Exactly these. Someone made mention of 4/6k for a cup. And it's the likes of zobo, kunu, yoghurt, and those local herbal drinks/gin, for a particular demography, that we take here.

Just so you know, west Africa is the poorest region in Africa. So before coming here, they will go the East, South, and Northern Africa. Starbucks and MacDonald are in South Africa for example.

Okay, I can believe if it's region but not necessarily individual countries.

Because there are definitely countries that Nigeria is better/richer than in Africa na.

Other than Egypt, and say Morocco (I'm not sure about Algeria), which other rich country is in North Africa?
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Regex: 2:11am On Nov 25, 2023
pansophist:

They competed really hard, opened lots of stores, and did lots of promos, but left, but found it difficult to penetrate Italy, a country with many chefs who do pizza fresh and authentic.

In addendum, because of how good the Italian food and chefs are, the world completely forgot they supported Hitler.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Regex: 2:14am On Nov 25, 2023
pansophist:

white people wey fit add sugar to their stew.

What they call stew and ours are different, may look similar, but structurally different. Their stew is not fried but cooked, with sliced vegetables added.

Then no pepper, no knorr maggi, no double concentrated tomato paste, the fresh tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, etc may not be freshly blended but added pre-blended straight from the Sarchet. How that food wan take sweet nitori olorun?

They drink their stew like pepper soup, I don't drink mine. It is different abeg.

Actually adding sugar to your tomatoes reduces the acidity and stabilises it. Try it.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 8:05am On Nov 25, 2023
omooba969:

Do you run a food takeaway or restaurant?

No.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 11:36pm On Nov 25, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Exactly these. Someone made mention of 4/6k for a cup. And it's the likes of zobo, kunu, yoghurt, and those local herbal drinks/gin, for a particular demography, that we take here.

Okay, I can believe if it's region but not necessarily individual countries.

Because there are definitely countries that Nigeria is better/richer than in Africa na.

Other than Egypt, and say Morocco (I'm not sure about Algeria), which another rich country is in North Africa?

Tunisia is in North Africa, and also well-off. Would have added Libya but after Gadaffi was killed, the country slid into a slave camp.

Nigeria is better than Burundi for example, but ECOWAS as a community is not better than COMESA, or SADC communities. The world is sliding into geo-governance, the EU is an example.

Romania and Bulgaria might be a basket case, but because they are in the EU, they instantly have geopolitical weight. How else would tiny countries like Latvia and Lithuania be barking at Russia? it is simply due to their membership in NATO and EU.

Multinational corporations think in terms of regions, not individual countries per se, unless it is countries that are classified as giants, so China, Brazil, Russia, India, China, etc.

Ok, I went too far on geopolitics, but the point I am making is that these companies will not come to Nigeria, and the Twitter guy is blabbing nonsense. Corporations are machines, and their way of thinking is different.

5 Likes

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 11:38pm On Nov 25, 2023
Regex:

Actually adding sugar to your tomatoes reduces the acidity and stabilises it. Try it.

Mtcheeew. grin

1 Like

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 11:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
Regex:

In addendum, because of how good the Italian food and chefs are, the world completely forgot they supported Hitler.

Why won't they? No one tries eating Lasagna and dares fight the Italians.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French, the entertainers are Nigerians, and it's all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is when Nigerians are the organizers, the Germans are the cooks, entertainers are Italians, the French are the mechanics, and the lovers are Brits.

grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Regex: 11:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
pansophist:

Mtcheeew. grin

Na pure I tell you.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Karleb(m): 12:38am On Nov 26, 2023
Regex:

The acid in tomato is not the harmful one.

Adding sugar to tomato makes no sense from the nutritional point of view.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by 1Sharon(f): 12:48am On Nov 26, 2023
Regex:

😂
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Regex: 1:43am On Nov 26, 2023
Karleb:

Not nutrition here... But taste. Some people don't like it. I also noticed white wine does help too.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by emmaodet: 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2023
pansophist:

Just so you know, west Africa is the poorest region in Africa. So before coming here, they will go the East, South, and Northern Africa.

I think central Africa is the poorest followed by east Africa.

North Africa should be the richest followed by south Africa but if you remove south Africa from southern Africa, then west Africa is better than southern Africa.
My opinion though

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2023
pansophist:
Tunisia is in North Africa, and also well-off. Would have added Libya but after Gadaffi was killed, the country slid into a slave camp.

I have always seen him as a dictator like Paul Biya and Castro and the likes, but on the other hand, I see some people praising him as a good, revolutionary leader or something, and it's baffling.

Then again, a military government isn't necessarily synonymous with underdevelopment.

Nigeria is better than Burundi for example, but ECOWAS as a community is not better than COMESA, or SADC communities. The world is sliding into geo-governance, the EU is an example.

Interesting. I didn't know of those groups until now.

And the geo-governance concept (as opposed to one or two hegemonic, warring world powers) also seem insightful, and worthy of note. And I wonder where that leaves the U.S. Other than NATO, which is militarily inclined, is there any other organisation America is a part of? Like one that represents North America interests specifically. I don't think the UN and those G-nations count, because there are some Asian countries amongst them so you cannot exactly say they're pro-American?

Romania and Bulgaria might be a basket case, but because they are in the EU, they instantly have geopolitical weight. How else would tiny countries like Latvia and Lithuania be barking at Russia? it is simply due to their membership in NATO and EU.

So, wait...which one is (more) geo-governmental in nature? NATO has both European and North American countries in it. The EU is just for European nations and their welfare. I'd think geo-governance would has to do with regional interests and being like a beacon that represents a closely related group of countries and championing their cause? Or geographical closeness doesn't matter? Can Nigeria, India and say Australia, form an international organisation? Even if it's to represent one common interest they share?

Multinational corporations think in terms of regions, not individual countries per se, unless it is countries that are classified as giants, so China, Brazil, Russia, India, China, etc.

But not Nigeria lol?

God, it is just annoying the way we're being plagued with bad leadership, but even if we do have the money or culture for Starbucks and the likes to succeed here, our large population should ideally be a great advantage for a market.

Ok, I went too far on geopolitics, but the point I am making is that these companies will not come to Nigeria, and the Twitter guy is blabbing nonsense. Corporations are machines, and their way of thinking is different.

Nahh, it's okay. cheesy

Too bad I'll not be able to learn and discuss about these in a formal, class setting anymore, except when I get into a conversation about them once in a while like this.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2023
emmaodet:

I think central Africa is the poorest followed by east Africa.

North Africa should be the richest followed by south Africa but if you remove south Africa from southern Africa, then west Africa is better than southern Africa.
My opinion though

Yes, you are right. I just confirmed it now. I didn't actually know that they have their own community called ECCAS (Economic Community of Central African States), and their overall GDP is not even up to Nigeria. But again, the combined population of the overall ECCAS member state is not up to Nigeria.

Given the resources and potential they have, their GDP is disgraceful. ECCAS is bigger than Ecowas in landmass and has more resources.

About SADC, if you remove South Africa, then you still have Namibia, which on its own, is doing quite well. Namibians are quiet like the Scandinavians, but they are doing good generally.

4 Likes

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2023
Karleb:

There would also be a clash between the salt and the sugar. I cant imagine the taste of such food.

Regex, do you mean adding sugar without salt or to add both of them?
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by emmaodet: 11:17pm On Nov 26, 2023
pansophist:

Yes, you are right. I just confirmed it now. I didn't actually know that they have their own community called ECCAS (Economic Community of Central African States), and their overall GDP is not even up to Nigeria. But again, the combined population of the overall ECCAS member state is not up to Nigeria.

Given the resources and potential they have, their GDP is disgraceful. ECCAS is bigger than Ecowas in landmass and has more resources.

This is to tell you that Africa is really really in a big mess if smaller countries population wise but with bigger landmass and resources are performing very very bad

1 Like

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 11:23pm On Nov 26, 2023
Magnoliaa:

I have always seen him as a dictator like Paul Biya and Castro and the likes, but on the other hand, I see some people praising him as a good, revolutionary leader or something, and it's baffling.

Then again, a military government isn't necessarily synonymous with underdevelopment.

Interesting. I didn't know of those groups until now.

And the geo-governance concept (as opposed to one or two hegemonic, warring world powers) also seem insightful, and worthy of note. And I wonder where that leaves the U.S. Other than NATO, which is militarily inclined, is there any other organisation America is a part of? Like one that represents North America interests specifically. I don't think the UN and those G-nations count, because there are some Asian countries amongst them so you cannot exactly say they're pro-American?

So, wait...which one is (more) geo-governmental in nature? NATO has both European and North American countries in it. The EU is just for European nations and their welfare. I'd think geo-governance would has to do with regional interests and being like a beacon that represents a closely related group of countries and championing their cause? Or geographical closeness doesn't matter? Can Nigeria, India and say Australia, form an international organisation? Even if it's to represent one common interest they share?

But not Nigeria lol?

God, it is just annoying the way we're being plagued with bad leadership, but even if we do have the money or culture for Starbucks and the likes to succeed here, our large population should ideally be a great advantage for a market.

Nahh, it's okay. cheesy

Too bad I'll not be able to learn and discuss about these in a formal, class setting anymore, except when I get into a conversation about them once in a while like this.

At worst, the people you mentioned would be described as benevolent dictators. Democracy is not the only form of governance, and many countries in the world don't practice it. Only when you judge other political systems through the lens of the West, then you see them as dictators.

So which is better? A dictatorship Libya that works and is the envy of the world, or a democratic Libya that is dysfunctional with an open slave market? Be the judge. Personally, I have so much beef with democracy, but that's a topic for another day.

Apart from Nato, America is part of NAFTA, just like a North American Ecowas, with Mexico and Canada. It is purely economical, but the US is an exception because they have this thing called the ''Monroe Doctrine'', which affects the foreign policy of all countries in the Western hemisphere, so indirectly, the US sits at the top of geo-governance in the American continent.

You are right about what geo-governance should be in theory, but in reality, it is formless, and operates on the rule of the jungle, to put it bluntly. An example of geo-governance was early this year when Tinubu as the leader of Ecowas wanted to intervene militarily in Niger, due to the coup.

So in West Africa, Nigeria sits at the top chamber of regional leadership. In the EU, it is Germany. In CSTO, it is Russia, etc. In Nato, it is America. SO Geo-governance is not only economical, but via security, and any other area with common interest.

Regarding geographical proximity, it doesn't matter. Nato proves it, Brics proves it, and the Western world proves it. The west as a collective term spread beyond Europe to Oceania (Australia and New Zealand), and North America, you may also add Japan and Korea.

But their foreign policies are all aligned, with the US steering the sheep. Just look at the collective sanctions they all heaped on Russia, their stance on Hamas-Israel, and their votes in the UN. It's always similar.

The EU for example has territories in faraway Africa (Ceuta and Melilla), in the Americas (French Guyana, Guadeloupe), and in North America (Greenland), but still, their politics are all the same.

So observing the above, geogovernance exceeds geographical proximity. The facts on the ground support this.

About our population, what would you prefer? to be friends with Dangote and Otedola, or to be friends with a million northern almajiris ? grin

Population means nothing if the per-unit weight of the people is weak. If more airlines goes to Tiny Cape Verde/Seychelles, with population and territories so small than some Nigerian villages, that tells you that population is nothing, but the financial capita of each citizens.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 11:29pm On Nov 26, 2023
emmaodet:

This is to tell you that Africa is really really in a big mess if smaller countries population wise but with bigger landmass and resources are performing very very bad

Imagine just tiny Belgium, a country so small that Niger state is bigger than twice, has a larger GDP than eleven ECCAS African countries grin

ECCAS is about 200B USD. Belgium is about 769B USD. Lol,

Africa, damn, who did this shit to us? I wan to cry honestly, but even my tears won't come out, because na waste of water lol

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by emmaodet: 11:54pm On Nov 26, 2023
pansophist:

Imagine just tiny Belgium, a country so small that Niger state is bigger than twice, has a larger GDP than eleven ECCAS African countries grin

ECCAS is about 200B USD. Belgium is about 769B USD. Lol,

Africa, damn, who did this shit to us? I wan to cry honestly, but even my tears won't come out, because na waste of water lol

grin grin grin grin

I can't cry,so let me just keep laughing even though I feel like crying
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 12:05am On Nov 27, 2023
pansophist:
At worst, the people you mentioned would be described as benevolent dictators. Democracy is not the only form of governance, and many countries in the world don't practice it. Only when you judge other political systems through the lens of the West, then you see them as dictators.

So which is better? A dictatorship Libya that works and is the envy of the world, or a democratic Libya that is dysfunctional with an open slave market? Be the judge.

I feel like these are two extremes, though, and it is not obtainable in the real world. It's not this clear cut. There's a lot of variables and factors and realities in-between. And a scale of goodness to badness. Also, something cannot be democratic and still encourage an open slave market, can it? I feel like, ideally, there are attending features of a democracy that are a given. Naturally, democracy should encourage inalienable, individual human rights. And if there are countries that are adopting democracy and bastardizing it, then the problem isn't with democracy.

It's much like capitalism, in my opinion. They are popular, enduring and transnational because they are systems that work across board relatively.

Personally, I have so much beef with democracy, but that's a topic for another day.

I know. 😂

Peter Obi captures a part of my view on the subject matter here. You should give it a watch.

Apart from Nato, America is part of NAFTA, just like a North American Ecowas, with Mexico and Canada. It is purely economical, but the US is an exception because they have this thing called the ''Monroe Doctrine'', which affects the foreign policy of all countries in the Western hemisphere, so indirectly, the US sits at the top of geo-governance in the American continent.

Oh, okay. I see.

I'll try to read on that.

You are right about what geo-governance should be in theory, but in reality, it is formless, and operates on the rule of the jungle, to put it bluntly. An example of geo-governance was early this year when Tinubu as the leader of Ecowas wanted to intervene militarily in Niger, due to the coup.

So, like advanced foreign policy, in another word? I remember ECOMOG and Nigeria interfering in the Liberian civil war, I think.

So in West Africa, Nigeria sits at the top chamber of regional leadership. In the EU, it is Germany. In CSTO, it is Russia, etc. In Nato, it is America. SO Geo-governance is not only economical, but via security, and any other area with common interest.

If I came across this as a question, I would have failed it. 😶

So Germany is that powerful? I had no idea. I'm guessing it used to be the UK before Brexit.

Regarding geographical proximity, it doesn't matter. Nato proves it, Brics proves it, and the Western world proves it. The west as a collective term spread beyond Europe to Oceania (Australia and New Zealand), and North America, you may also add Japan and Korea.

But their foreign policies are all aligned, with the US steering the sheep. Just look at the collective sanctions they all heaped on Russia, their stance on Hamas-Israel, and their votes in the UN. It's always similar.

The EU for example has territories in faraway Africa (Ceuta and Melilla), in the Americas (French Guyana, Guadeloupe), and in North America (Greenland), but still, their politics are all the same.

So observing the above, geogovernance exceeds geographical proximity. The facts on the ground support this.

Okay, got it.

Omooo. There are just some "countries" I hear of, and it's mostly from your mouth LMAO.

About our population, what would you prefer? to be friends with Dangote and Otedola, or to be friends with a million northern almajiris ? grin

😂

Population means nothing if the per-unit weight of the people is weak. If more airlines goes to Tiny Cape Verde/Seychelles, with population and territories so small than some Nigerian villages, that tells you that population is nothing, but the financial capita of each citizens.

Yeah, this makes sense.

Like selling to 3 people who would pay you 5,000 naira each or selling to 100 people who have only 50 naira.
Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by pansophist(m): 12:21am On Nov 27, 2023
Magnoliaa:

I feel like these are two extremes, though, and it is not obtainable in the real world. It's not this clear cut. There's a lot of variables and factors and realities in-between. And a scale of goodness to badness. Also, something cannot be democratic and still encourage an open slave market, can it? I feel like, ideally, there are attending features of a democracy that are a given. Naturally, democracy should encourage inalienable, individual human rights. And if there are countries that are adopting democracy and bastardizing it, then the problem isn't with democracy.

It's much like capitalism, in my opinion. They are popular, enduring and transnational because they are systems that work across board relatively.

I know. 😂

Peter Obi captures a part of my view on the subject matter here. You should give it a watch.

Oh, okay. I see. I'll try to read on that.

So, like advanced foreign policy, in another word? I remember ECOMOG and Nigeria interfering in the Liberian civil war, I think.

If I came across this as a question, I would have failed it. 😶

So Germany is that powerful? I had no idea. I'm guessing it used to be the UK before Brexit.

Germany is way wealthier and more powerful than the UK in almost every measure.

German economy is larger, has a larger land area, is in mainland Europe (The Uk is an island), has lots of global industries from engineering, and manufacturing, has more population, the headquarters of the EU central bank, etc.

If Nigerians speak German, they will choose it instead of the UK. So yes, Germany is that powerful.

Wait o, from food discussion, we don enter politics. Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Magnoliaa(f): 12:29am On Nov 27, 2023
pansophist:
Wait o, from food discussion, we don enter politics. Na wa o.

It must be the work of the marine spirit behind the Starbucks' siren. 🤣

Re: What Dish Can You Cook So Well? (pictures) by Regex: 7:20am On Nov 27, 2023
pansophist:

There would also be a clash between the salt and the sugar. I cant imagine the taste of such food.

Regex, do you mean adding sugar without salt or to add both of them?

I mean adding both. The sugar should be in very small quantity... It does wonders.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sokoto Meat Market (Chicken Section) / My Baking Hobby.. :D / Toronto Restaurant With Only HIV Positive Chefs (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.