Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,470 members, 7,836,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy (20170 Views)

Ziko Abara Withdraws From Alaigbo Youth Summit Due To Death Threats & Attacks / RCCG Invites Obi, Tinubu, Atiku, Others To Political Youth Summit / $8 Million Seized At The Airport In Lagos Causes Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Laple0541(m): 11:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
43Ronin:

she's an efulefu not because she supported APC but because she supported violence against her own people for political gains. the tweet below will never be tolerated by any yoruba person saying such against the yoruba tribe. my only joy is that the young igbos are becoming self-aware, just a few more years and the entire igbos will see all igbo politicians as betrayer and get rid of them for our emancipation. True freedom begins with the freedom of the mind and the igbos seems to be getting there before any other tribe.....

From the screenshot you attached, which violence did she support against her people? If she is against IPOB, does that means she is against the progress of Igboland?

Thesame IPOB that killed Dr Dora Akunyili’s husband and many innocent Igbo! Hmmmmm, you people can’t seize to amuse me. Anyway for the lady, I think the cancellation is a blessing in disguise, with this level of myopia from you lots, you guys can do something terrible to her.

4 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Omobude244: 11:43pm On Nov 25, 2023
yommen:

Guy you are too tribalistic for you to see the truth. More Yorubas are castigating Tinubu here and there but you are too myopic to see. The likes of Dele Farotimi, Rufai Oseni and many more drag Tinubu here and there. In fact, More Yorubas supported Obi than Ibos support for Tinubu. Could Obi have won Lagos if not for Yorubas support?

You Igbos are never strategic. You act before you think and that has always been your problem. You poor out what ever you feel without even thinking there might be other opinions. You dont know and never learn how to play your cards. You act before thinking. You are too irrational, too childish.
U cancelled GRV for less
Igbos now do the Same, u are crying🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Goodvibes007: 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2023
GUNITGuy:

Makinde, Obasanjo, Fayose, Mimiko, Bode George even Saraki have always [part of Yoruba agenda but have never been Tinubu's supporter ...No one denigrate the Afenifere for supporting Labour Party ...Even Pa Adebanjo's choice was respected...President Tinubu would never disrespect him or despise him for his choice
Yoruba politics is high matured. Some people's politics is still at nzobu nzobu enyinba level. One of the many reasons the presidency keeps eluding them lol.

6 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Odogwuzack: 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2023
aariwa:
There are many Yoruba people living in east . They did their Oba of Awka ceremony last December and I have had many of them as tenants in the past 10-15 years. Travel and see for yourself. No right thinking igbo man see Yoruba as competition because most of them are very timid. Even ordinary fight then can’t fight… very lukewarm people that don’t appear vibrant . Fighting them will make you look like you are fighting a woman which shameful tag most igbo men will like to be associated with. ..it’s only online specifically that I see Yorubas can even be able to come out of their shells and express themselves

You see them as timid in your land because they respect their host. But you still want to come to Lagos and not reciprocate the respect the few Yorubas are showing you in the East??

Yorubas in the East don't even participate in election but Igbos want to determine who rules in Yoruba land. You guys are irredeemably clownish. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Goodvibes007: 11:46pm On Nov 25, 2023
aariwa:
There are many Yoruba people living in east . They did their Oba of Awka ceremony last December and I have had many of them as tenants in the past 10-15 years. Travel and see for yourself. No right thinking igbo man see Yoruba as competition because most of them are very timid. Even ordinary fight then can’t fight… very lukewarm people that don’t appear vibrant . Fighting them will make you look like you are fighting a woman which shameful tag most igbo men will like to be associated with. ..it’s only online specifically that I see Yorubas can even be able to come out of their shells and express themselves
That's maturity and high IQ. But when you come to their lands and you don't behave in the manners of civilized people, they flog you hard to drum sense into your head.

They are not vibrant but you all rush in your thousands everyday to their region. Vibrancy is not displayed by acting like acting like a toddler after consuming big bowl of akpu and bitter leaf soup.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by jaxxy(m): 11:50pm On Nov 25, 2023
She is Igbo let her speak on igbo matters and hear what she has to say.

However I believe if a Yoruba man worked against the interests of Yoruba they will do aame thing igbos are doing to this lady. undecided

seunmsg:
Ada Anambra’s only crime was not supporting Labour Party. Now, let that sink in. In south east Nigeria, it’s a crime not to support Peter Obi and Labour Party. If they can do this to an Igbo lady, imagine what they will do to a Yoruba person living in the south east who is a supporter of APC? That’s how bigoted those folks her.

In a democracy people should have freedom of choice but not in south east Nigeria. Intolerance and bigotry like this is what others see that make them take extreme measures to protect their region every election cycle. Hopefully, the “I’m Yoruba but” crew are watching. Labour Party and Peter Obi are Igbo power grab agenda and nothing else.

Anyway, the rest of Nigeria are watching and learning. We will respond appropriately at the right time.

The Yoruba hypocrisy is the problem here.

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by GUNITGuy: 11:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
Goodvibes007:

Yoruba politics is high matured. Some people's politics is still at nzobu nzobu enyinba level. One of the many reasons the presidency keeps eluding them lol.
its been like that thats why Azikiwe had the guts to contest against Awolowo for premier of western region he had won the hearts of the likes of Olabisis Onabanjo who were zikist a fellow Ijebu man before he started playing their usual ethnic game of telling the minorities of midwest to break off from Awolowos influence ..Awo allowed a Bini man to call for Nigerias Independence inspite of being minority ......
i doubt an Awos supporter would have survived iin that south east they would have calll for his head but they were zikist in Lagos and ibadan ....... The minorities in the Old Eastern region supported AWO he was the first to propose state for minority ethnic group but wasnt supported by zik until when he became president he called for the creation of midwest but denied ethnic minorities in the old eastern region states even Ojukwu also tolled that line before Gowon created Rivers state and Cross Rivers state by fiat

4 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Odogwuzack: 11:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
Goodvibes007:

That's maturity and high IQ. But when you come to their lands and you don't behave in the manners of civilized people, they flog you hard to drum sense into your head.

They are not vibrant but you all rush in your thousands everyday to their region. Vibrancy is not displayed by acting like acting like a toddler after consuming big bowl of akpu and bitter leaf soup.

May the heavens bless you. cool

5 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Wahabfuture: 11:59pm On Nov 25, 2023
Omobude244:

What is ur take o This?

You dey mind that foolish bigot with no utter of sense of reasoning
Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by airsaylongcome: 12:02am On Nov 26, 2023
Okpollo:
So we should kill yoruba people in the east because of their choice and tell them there is freedom choice ? The yorubas in lagos hates tinubu because of the heavey tax and suffering on lagos roads due of poor planing and poor condition despite the huge taxes tgey pay. He lost so much in lagos the votes he got was due to the rigging at the collation centres . They had to result to using tippex to mutilate result sheets before tinubu could get up to that amount.

I responded to your comment about lack of electoral freedom in Lagos. Lagos specifically, and not the West. So I don't see why you would in your response, refer to "the east" if you cannot mention a specific state in the east. The eastern state analogous to Lagos would be Anambra. Would the same thing have occurred in Anambra if day a former Anambra governor was running, and s/he would loose Anambra? Almost definitely not. There was a lot of freedom in Lagos for the presidential, not so much freedom for the gubernatorial. It's perfectly fine for Igbos to oppose a pro-APC ndigbo person of they perceive that such person, in their support of APC, threw ndigbo under the bus. But I don't think it's fine to say that Lagos wasn't mostly free for the presidential elections. And no, the Yorubas of Lagos don't hate Tinubu. They may dislike a lot of the corruption that has festered under his reign as Godfather, but in a choice between one of their own and an outsider, most would choose their own

2 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Wahabfuture: 12:06am On Nov 26, 2023
Laple0541:

From the screenshot you attached, which violence did she support against her people? If she is against IPOB, does that means she is against the progress of Igboland?

Thesame IPOB that killed Dr Dora Akunyili’s husband and many innocent Igbo! Hmmmmm, you people can’t seize to amuse me. Anyway for the lady, I think the cancellation is a blessing in disguise, with this level of myopia from you lots, you guys can do something terrible to her.

You are too primitive in thinking by making such comment, you think we are like Yoruba APC who used thugs to kill and prevent Igbos and other tribes from voting? you guys are so evil and backward. I'm 100% certain that those Yoruba APC miscreants will slaughter GRV if they see him in a lonely street.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Wahabfuture: 12:09am On Nov 26, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I responded to your comment about lack of electoral freedom in Lagos. Lagos specifically, and not the West. So I don't see why you would in your response, refer to "the east" if you cannot mention a specific state in the east. The eastern state analogous to Lagos would be Anambra. Would the same thing have occurred in Anambra if day a former Anambra governor was running, and s/he would loose Anambra? Almost definitely not. There was a lot of freedom in Lagos for the presidential, not so much freedom for the gubernatorial. It's perfectly fine for Igbos to oppose a pro-APC ndigbo person of they perceive that such person, in their support of APC, threw ndigbo under the bus. But I don't think it's fine to say that Lagos wasn't mostly free for the presidential elections. And no, the Yorubas of Lagos don't hate Tinubu. They may dislike a lot of the corruption that has festered under his reign as Godfather, but in a choice between one of their own and an outsider, most would choose their own

You actually need brain transplant because nothing make sense in this gibberish you heap here grin grin
Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by aariwa(m): 12:10am On Nov 26, 2023
Goodvibes007:

Lagos is not Yoruba state. It was a federal capital developed with oil revenue for every Nigerian. That’s the beauty of one Nigeria and nobody can change . If you don’t like it go back to your state…oshun,oyo etc are all empty why not go there and buy land if you can’t buy in Lagos? Lagos represents one Nigeria and belongs to every Nigerian person

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by 43Ronin: 12:12am On Nov 26, 2023
Laple0541:

stop quoting me if you are too foolish to spot the violence instigation against her people. Anything you say against igbo is true now run along and collect your 30k month will soon end.

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Raskimonojendor: 12:22am On Nov 26, 2023
aariwa:
Lagos is not Yoruba state. It was a federal capital developed with oil revenue for every Nigerian. That’s the beauty of one Nigeria and nobody can change . If you don’t like it go back to your state…oshun,oyo etc are all empty why not go there and buy land if you can’t buy in Lagos? Lagos represents one Nigeria and belongs to every Nigerian person
No, it's not Yoruba state. It is an Ibo state. The language spoken by the Obas and natives of Lagos is Ibo as well. I hope you are happy after this revelation grin

7 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Goodvibes007: 12:26am On Nov 26, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

No, it's not Yoruba state. It is an Ibo state. The language spoken by the Obas and natives of Lagos is Ibo as well. I hope you are happy after this revelation grin
Even the best food of the natives of Lagos is Akpu and bitter leaf soup..Amadioha and chukuchuku abiama are the traditional gods of the natives of Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Artscollection: 12:29am On Nov 26, 2023
Dybala11:

Read the screenshots well sir, the reason for cancellation of Ada Anambra is because she supported Tinubu and embarrassed Igbo by doing such, according to the comments there. This hatred is strong o.

She should be cancelled totally. There is a thin line between politics and wickedness and the friend of my perceived enemy will be treated as my perceived enemy. Your little god is wrecking people's life with his myopic policies.

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Wahabfuture: 12:35am On Nov 26, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Lagos belongs to me and every other Nigerians, nothing billion of you and Tinubu can do about it, if you like continue to deceive yourself... I’m coming to Nigeria soon to buy few plot of land in Lagos🤣💪🏻

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Wahabfuture: 12:41am On Nov 26, 2023
Goodvibes007:

Even the best food of the natives of Lagos is Akpu and bitter leaf soup..Amadioha and chukuchuku abiama are the traditional gods of the natives of Lagos.

Even if it is Ewedu and gbegiri does it matter? Lagos does not belong to Yorubas but all Nigerian, don’t forget Benin has their own ancestral land in that Lagos too

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Odogwuzack: 12:49am On Nov 26, 2023
Goodvibes007:

You guys are killing me. grin

Ignore that clown abeg. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by caracas: 12:49am On Nov 26, 2023
seunmsg:
Ada Anambra’s only crime was not supporting Labour Party. Now, let that sink in. In south east Nigeria, it’s a crime not to support Peter Obi and Labour Party. If they can do this to an Igbo lady, imagine what they will do to a Yoruba person living in the south east who is a supporter of APC? That’s how bigoted those folks her.

In a democracy people should have freedom of choice but not in south east Nigeria. Intolerance and bigotry like this is what others see that make them take extreme measures to protect their region every election cycle. Hopefully, the “I’m Yoruba but” crew are watching. Labour Party and Peter Obi are Igbo power grab agenda and nothing else.

Anyway, the rest of Nigeria are watching and learning. We will respond appropriately at the right time.
Unfortunately for you ppl , you do not have the numbers all you have is rigging, violence , manipulations n malpractice, but this time around we will match you guys .violence for violence, rigging for rigging, malpractice for malpractice n manipulations for manipulations….2027 is around the corner….

2 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Odogwuzack: 12:52am On Nov 26, 2023
Wahabfuture:

Lagos belongs to me and every other Nigerians, nothing billion of you and Tinubu can do about it, if you like continue to deceive yourself... I’m coming to Nigeria soon to buy few plot of land in Lagos🤣💪🏻

You don't buy land in Lagos, as an Igbo man you are "renting" or leasing but not buying. E be lyk you never get the update. cool

3 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Odogwuzack: 12:53am On Nov 26, 2023
caracas:

Unfortunately for you ppl , you do not have the numbers all you have is rigging, violence , manipulations n malpractice, but this time around we will match you guys .violence for violence, rigging for rigging, malpractice for malpractice n manipulations for manipulations….2027 is around the corner….

Una don start again. grin

Chestbeat in the morning, cry victimisation in the evening. grin

2 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Sirianese: 12:53am On Nov 26, 2023
naptu2:
The Alaigbo Youth Forum has planned to host an Alaigbo Youth Summit in December, but the list of panellists at the event has caused controversy. Some people have objected to the presence of APC supporters at the event. They claim that these APC supporters denigrated Igbos.

Miss Chidimma Makuachukwu (Ada Anambra) is an APC supporter that was invited to speak at the event. She is the National Program Manager of the Renewed Hope Shelter for the Poor, Refugees and IDPs. Some people objected to her presence at the event and the organisers were forced to withdraw the invitation that was extended to her.

Blessing Onwumere is a former student union activist and PDP politician. She is also a supporter of Governor Hope Uzodimma. Some people have also objected to her presence at the event.

Ada Anambra wrote this after her invitation was withdrawn.

Ada Anambra @AdaAnambra2023

https://twitter.com/AdaAnambra2023/status/1728008254171627592

You guys should have a bit of conscience leave them alone. Afterall you banned them from participating in your Lagos politics...let them perform their own sub-national cooperation in peace

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Wahabfuture: 12:56am On Nov 26, 2023
Odogwuzack:

You don't buy land in Lagos, as an Igbo land you are "renting" or leasing but not buying. E be lyk you never get the update. cool

Stop talking as if Nigeria is western country.. Nothing like leasing, I will buy, build and spend rest of my life there and my children and grandchildren will continue when I’m gone. Kiss the reality 😄🤣

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Odogwuzack: 1:00am On Nov 26, 2023
Wahabfuture:

Stop talking as if Nigeria is western country.. Nothing like leasing, I will buy, build and spend rest of my life there and my children and grandchildren will continue when I’m gone. Kiss the reality 😄🤣

Ok na. grin

Una cry never start sha. Na Obasa and Hamzat really fit una for Lagos, those guys are doing the Lord's work already. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by NaughtyBrainiac: 1:02am On Nov 26, 2023
caracas:

Na the chest wey una sabi beat be this. At the end of the day, you will lose and start playing the victim grin

4 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Wahabfuture: 1:05am On Nov 26, 2023
Odogwuzack:

Ok na. grin

Una cry never start sha. Na Obasa and Hamzat really fit una for Lagos, those guys are doing the Lord's work already. cheesy

Both of them are useless if you bought land through due process, I own property outside Nigeria. I know everything about that side🤣

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Odogwuzack: 1:08am On Nov 26, 2023
Wahabfuture:

Both of them are useless if you bought land through due process, I own property outside Nigeria. I know everything about that side🤣

Like this guy?

Audio Billionaires everywhere grin

3 Likes

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Wahabfuture: 1:15am On Nov 26, 2023
Odogwuzack:

Like this guy?

I’m not on Twitter but Nairaland 🤷‍♂️🤣

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by Raskimonojendor: 1:25am On Nov 26, 2023
Odogwuzack:

Like this guy?

Lol

1 Like

Re: List Of Panelists At Alaigbo Youth Summit Causes Controversy by RecentHistory: 1:26am On Nov 26, 2023
Dybala11:

Inasmuch as I agree with some of your points, your last statement is not the way forward for the country.

Yorubas put Peter Obi on their heads but what did they get from Igbos? Insults.
The first person who was campaigning for Peter Obi was Onigbinde of BudgIT. Where were Igbos then?
Now, any Obidient who is not Igbo is regarded as inferior by Igbos in LP. No problem.
This thing Igbos did this last election, the reply is coming. You guys will see.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CCB Trial: We Are Behind Saraki And Can’t Abandon Him – PDP / Labaran Maku Visits Wike: "Wike Represents New Generation Of Nigerian Leaders" / Abdulsalami, Sultan Of Sokoto, Kukah Meet El-Rufai Over Kaduna Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.