Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. (35296 Views)

40 Years Old, No Job, No Skill And Only Had SSCE / How Do I Get My Wife And Kid Back? I Really Love Her So Much / At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Greenfaces: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
Beremx:
That lady is not a virgin. If she got PCOS, it can be treated. If you don't trust her fertility, leave her and get someone else pregnant and marry the person.

Period
how do you determine she's not a virgin
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Greenfaces: 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
Beremx:
I am a woman. When a woman says at 27years that she's a virgin and that she prefers sex after marriage, oga take off! 99 percentage of such narrative is lies. Get someone else, impregnate and marry. Simple
is this from science or from "trust me bro" sort of stuff?
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Jeyun: 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2023
Greenfaces:

Let her agree that you can take another wife if birth becomes an issue
u must be a Yoruba Muslim. The first thing that comes to their mind after hitting 80,000 is to marry another wife.
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Royalcrusset: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

This your story touch me sha.
But (if true and not just cruise), are you really sure she's a virgin?
You need to be careful and sure of who and what you're dating because PCOS does not just spring up out of the blue.
Part of the causative factors of PCOS are use of contraceptives and abortion.
Another one is poor hygiene and diet especially obesity and diabetes so if any of this is the cause then that means you have specific work to do on her before you marry her.
That said, at 27, PCOS is easier for her to manage.
There are so many curative drugs to help with conception and worst case, IVF.
But above all, be sure she's truly a virgin as PCOS in virgins is rare and might be a pointer to some emotionally destructive childhood/teenage years.
The bottom line is you need to find out more about your girlfriend.
Don't just swallow everything she has told you. Good luck
Jeeeez! Why not just google about something you are ignorant about before confidently spewing outrageously wrong information! PCOS caused by contraceptives and abortion? Na wa for you sha.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Jeyun: 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
Royalcrusset:

Jeeeez! Why not just google about something you are ignorant about before confidently spewing outrageously wrong information! PCOS caused by contraceptives and abortion? Na wa for you sha.
na where him understanding stop na there your own continue

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Kukutenla: 6:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
Royalcrusset:

What is PCOS if i may ask you?
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Kukutenla: 6:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
Jeyun:
na where him understanding stop na there your own continue
No. Na where his understanding stop na there my own take start
Ignoramuses
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Royalcrusset: 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

Keep quiet and stop arguing.
Abortion can lead to hormonal imbalance
Contraceptives can lead to hormonal imbalance
Psychological issues can lead to hormonal imbalance
Hygiene issues can lead to hormonal imbalance
Overwieght and underweight can lead to hormonal imbalance
PCOS is hormonal imbalance
You are the one who should do a research. PCOS is a syndrome which means it is made up of various symptoms. To be diagnosed, there should be at least 2/3 confirmed diagnosis of polycystic ovaries, increased androgen or male hormones(manifests as male pattern baldness or hairy body, irregular periods. Just having hormonal balance is not PCOS.

@OP, I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was given contraceptives AFTER the diagnosis to help control the hormonal imbalance (don't mind the ignorant poster i quoted). I informed my husband before marriage, got married and God has blessed us with a child. It is not a guaranty that you would have the exact same experience, but it helps to know before marriage

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by RichAbujaGuy: 6:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
I got a laugh out of the 27 year old church virgin part of the story. Bro has himself a real Holy woman. šŸ˜‡
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by jetson06: 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
Go on a period of prayer and fasting combined with Jerry Eze's NSPPDD prayers. What God cannot do does not exist and take note that mircale no dey taya Jesus.
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Kukutenla: 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
Royalcrusset:

You are the one who should do a research. PCOS is a syndrome which means it is made up of various symptoms. To be diagnosed, there should be at least 2/3 confirmed diagnosis of polycystic ovaries, increased androgen or male hormones(manifests as male pattern baldness or hairy body, irregular periods. Just having hormonal balance is not PCOS.

@OP, I was diagnosed with PCOS. I was given contraceptives AFTER the diagnosis to help control the hormonal imbalance (don't mind the ignorant poster i quoted). I informed my husband before marriage, got married and God has blessed us with a child. It is not a guarantee that you would have the exact same experience, but it helps to know before marriage
And the village doctor did not tell you that you were given contraceptives to induce menstruation abi? After contraceptives were you not given anti-diabetics and ovulation inducing drugs?
Ignoramus forming posh. If you use contraceptives, you are actually toying with your biological clock by artificially inducing hormones responsible for menstruation before time. It is obvious you were just swallowing drugs without understanding the reason why

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by tiswell(m): 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
You can always adopt if truly you love her
Nonsense
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Royalcrusset: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

What is PCOS if i may ask you?
When there is so much information at your disposal in form of the World Wide Web, take advantage of it. You are not a baby. I had to log in after reading your post because I was aghast at the confident and misleading stuff you wrote. Read! Read!! Read!!! Don't ask me questions that are not relevant.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by nathpope(m): 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
beekind:
I am the 2nd born out of 2 children, my elder brother has been married for some time with no kids as a result I am super careful with issues relating to fertility.
I am in my late 30s and have been dating a 27 year old lady for 4 months now, the relationship moved so fast as she is a perfect match for me .
I have met her family and she has met mine, we are already planning marriage and have started counselling sessions in her church.

She complained of irregular periods so I told her to do a hormonal profile test and see a gynecologist, turns out she has got PCOS.

I have done my own fertility test and I am fine, I am at a cross road now, I cannot afford to struggle with child birth considering my age and also my only other sibling still also having issues with the wife also still trying to get pregnant after many years.

The only other option would have been to ask her to try for pregnancy before marriage but she is a virgin and wants to keep it that way till wedding, besides if I disvirgin her, how will I be able to walk away incase she doesn't get pregnant ?

I am at crossroads now, its not too late but walking away at this point will be very costly for me since we have already started plans towards the wedding and our families are already in touch.

My heart is heavy and I am confused, I need good advise as I cannot discuss this with anyone.

4 months and you are already planning wedding? That's super fast oh..
One (or both of you) is insecure.

Involve her family in matters like this..
Its not what you and her can face alone.
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Kukutenla: 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
Royalcrusset:

When there is so much information at your disposal in form of the World Wide Web, take advantage of it. You are not a baby. I had to log in after reading your post because I was aghast at the confident and misleading stuff you wrote. Read! Read!! Read!!! Don't ask me questions that are not relevant.
You logged in to advertise your ignorance. PCOS simply describes a situation where your body is confused as to what time it is on your biological clock. Your body does not know when to start menstruation, when to stop, when to release eggs etc. That's what is called PCOS and it is caused by a host of factors.
However, I'm surprised you ladies are triggered by the fact i mentioned abortion and contraceptives CAN lead to PCOS. Seems you ladies still enjoy deluding yourselves that you can eat your cake and have it. Use of contraceptives and abortion pills interfere with your biological clock and can lead to PCOS. That's a fact you need to make your peace with no matter how uncomfortable it makes you feel. Own up to your past.

2 Likes

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Iamzik: 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Love is not enough o
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Royalcrusset: 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

And the village doctor did not tell you that you were given contraceptives to induce menstruation abi? After contraceptives were you not given anti-diabetics and ovulation inducing drugs?
Ignoramus forming posh. If you use contraceptives, you are actually toying with your biological clock by artificially inducing hormones responsible for menstruation before time. It is obvious you were just swallowing drugs without understanding the reason why
You mentioned contraceptives as cause of PCOS, or are you having temporary amnesia? No, I was not given diabetic drugs as I had perfect weight and glucose control. Neither was I given ovulation inducing drugs because I wasn't trying to conceive. No doctor would give you and ovulation drug and contraceptive at the same time. You sound more silly by the minute. As I said, read!

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by issylarry(m): 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2023
beekind:
I am the 2nd born out of 2 children, my elder brother has been married for some time with no kids as a result I am super careful with issues relating to fertility.
I am in my late 30s and have been dating a 27 year old lady for 4 months now, the relationship moved so fast as she is a perfect match for me .
I have met her family and she has met mine, we are already planning marriage and have started counselling sessions in her church.

She complained of irregular periods so I told her to do a hormonal profile test and see a gynecologist, turns out she has got PCOS.

I have done my own fertility test and I am fine, I am at a cross road now, I cannot afford to struggle with child birth considering my age and also my only other sibling still also having issues with the wife also still trying to get pregnant after many years.

The only other option would have been to ask her to try for pregnancy before marriage but she is a virgin and wants to keep it that way till wedding, besides if I disvirgin her, how will I be able to walk away incase she doesn't get pregnant ?

I am at crossroads now, its not too late but walking away at this point will be very costly for me since we have already started plans towards the wedding and our families are already in touch.

My heart is heavy and I am confused, I need good advise as I cannot discuss this with anyone.

If she loves u sincerely it would be hard to replace her! Sometimes the problem is not about cutting the head off !you can work together for the treatment
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by cococandy(f): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
You know heā€™s not gonna do that

Heā€™s already feeling like heā€™s owed the virginity.

Not until he partakes in that and then the novelty of it gets old after a few months or few years. Then of course he will start stylishly withdrawing from the marriage both emotionally and physically. People around him will encourage him to get a new wife because this one ā€œcanā€™t have kidsā€.

If the marriage eventually breaks up, she will be labeled a bitter divorcee. Used and ran through. Bla bla bla. Even though she did what she was ā€œsupposed to doā€.

Sigh
Kobojunkie:

See her free abeg so she can go find herself a man who loves her and has her as his priority abeg! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Royalcrusset: 6:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

You logged in to advertise your ignorance. PCOS simply describes a situation where your body is confused as to what time it is on your biological clock. Your body does not know when to start menstruation, when to stop, when to release eggs etc. That's what is called PCOS and it is caused by a host of factors.
However, I'm surprised you ladies are triggered by the fact i mentioned abortion and contraceptives CAN lead to PCOS. Seems you ladies still enjoy deluding yourselves that you can eat your cake and have it. Use of contraceptives and abortion pills interfere with your biological clock and can lead to PCOS. That's a fact you need to make your peace with no matter how uncomfortable it makes you feel. Own up to your past.
Lol. So a teenager who has never had sex should be made to feel like she is responsible for having PCOS? How daft can you get? What past is that? You are making a fool of yourself and responding to you is a waste of time because you are an ignoramus. Last response to you, quit making a fool of yourself. Read and help your generation. Let me help you since you are too lazy to even google

ttps://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/8316-polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos
What are the three symptoms to diagnose PCOS?
Typically, healthcare providers diagnose PCOS if you have at least two of the three symptoms:

Irregular or missed periods. Some people with PCOS have very heavy bleeding when they do have a period.
Signs of excess androgens such as acne or excessive hair growth. Or a blood test confirming high androgen levels.
Enlarged ovaries or polycystic appearance of ovaries on ultrasound. Many people donā€™t develop cysts.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Kukutenla: 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
Royalcrusset:

Lol. So a teenager who has never had sex should be made to feel like she is responsible for having PCOS? How daft can you get? What past is that? You are making a fool of yourself and responding to you is a waste of time because you are an ignoramus. Last response to you, quit making a fool of yourself. Read and help your generation.
Go back and read what I posted. I gave different reasons for pcos. I don't know why the part of contraceptive and abortion is triggering you people so violently.
Rest.
I've told you the fact and explained to you as a layman that you are. If you like, keep misleading people to use contraceptive and carry out abortions. Body go tell all of una.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by gemini35(m): 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
Please make your comments brief and precise,so that the comment readers association,can read fast and move to the next comment,
Op use your head period.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Kukutenla: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
Royalcrusset:

You mentioned contraceptives as cause of PCOS, or are you having temporary amnesia? No, I was not given diabetic drugs as I had perfect weight and glucose control. Neither was I given ovulation inducing drugs because I wasn't trying to conceive. No doctor would give you and ovulation drug and contraceptive at the same time. You sound more silly by the minute. As I said, read!
Shut it.
You're given contraceptive to induce menstruation yes or no?
You're now trying to be clever by half.
The full course of treatment is to give clomid or its equivalent 3 to 5 days after the menses induced by the contraceptive start.
Maybe you should ask why you were given contraceptive to help you menstruate. How does that make sense to you?
Stop advertising your ignorance abeg
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
MrSmithy:
Create an adoption plan with her now should in case e no enter u can opt for adoption
He is a Nigerian. lipsrsealed
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Ubanz: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
Here are excerpts from Google search;

If you want to become pregnant now or in the future, treatment for PCOS includes:
Drugs to induce ovulation (releasing an egg): A successful pregnancy begins with ovulation. Certain drugs have been proven to induce ovulation in people with PCOS. The medications clomiphene and letrozole are taken orally, while gonadotropins are given by injection.
Surgery: A surgical procedure can help restore ovulation by removing tissue in your ovaries that produces androgen hormones. With newer medications available, surgeons rarely perform this procedure.
In vitro fertilization (IVF): This is an option for people with PCOS when medication doesnā€™t help with ovulation. Your provider fertilizes your egg with your partnerā€™s sperm in a lab before transferring it to your uterus.
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Kukutenla: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
Royalcrusset:

Lol. So a teenager who has never had sex should be made to feel like she is responsible for having PCOS? How daft can you get? What past is that? You are making a fool of yourself and responding to you is a waste of time because you are an ignoramus. Last response to you, quit making a fool of yourself. Read and help your generation. Let me help you since you are too lazy to even google

ttps://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/8316-polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos
What are the three symptoms to diagnose PCOS?
Typically, healthcare providers diagnose PCOS if you have at least two of the three symptoms:

Irregular or missed periods. Some people with PCOS have very heavy bleeding when they do have a period.
Signs of excess androgens such as acne or excessive hair growth. Or a blood test confirming high androgen levels.
Enlarged ovaries or polycystic appearance of ovaries on ultrasound. Many people donā€™t develop cysts.
It's obvious you don't know the difference between cause and symptoms. Go back to school

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
jetson06:
Go on a period of prayer and fasting combined with Jerry Eze's NSPPDD prayers. What God cannot do does not exist and take note that mircale no dey taya Jesus.
Una dey even reason things at all? That man is a con man preying on you all same as your gods of man.. lipsrsealed
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by ColonelMichael: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

But your useless prophet mohammed another adoption because he snatched the wife zaynab of his adopted son, hopeless and useless Muslims.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by CoronaVirusPro: 6:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
ColonelMichael:

But your useless prophet mohammed another adoption because he snatched the wife zaynab of his adopted son, hopeless and useless Muslims.

Fvck you morafvcker!
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Kukutenla: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Una dey even reason things at all? That man is a con man preying on you all same as your gods of man.. lipsrsealed
You need prayers
I'll remember you in my prayers
Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by Royalcrusset: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

Go back and read what I posted. I gave different reasons for pcos. I don't know why the part of contraceptive and abortion is triggering you people so violently.
Rest.
I've told you the fact and explained to you as a layman that you are. If you like, keep misleading people to use contraceptive and carry out abortions. Body go tell all of una.
You gave wrong info! Own up to it and leave your pride aside. You people just don't think. Imagine someone reading the rubbish you wrote and goes back with the bullsh*t, making assumptions that the young girl he knows who has PCOS is probably taking pills or has had abortion. Your rubbish does not affect me in any way. No one is telling people to do abortion or take contraceptives. That is not my job. I am sharing personal experience along with information I have obtained over the years. Whereas, you are sharing stupidity. Naaaah, not allowed. You must be schooled! calling me a layman....Lol! You have no idea. PCOS happens to anyone, even doctors and nurses.

1 Like

Re: I Love Her But At Almost 40 Years Old, I Cannot Ignore Her Fertility Issues. by omotolly22(f): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kukutenla:

Keep quiet and stop arguing.
Abortion can lead to hormonal imbalance
Contraceptives can lead to hormonal imbalance
Psychological issues can lead to hormonal imbalance
Hygiene issues can lead to hormonal imbalance
Overwieght and underweight can lead to hormonal imbalance
PCOS is hormonal imbalance

So every type of hormonal imbalance is pcos

There are different types of hormonal inbalance pcos is just a type of one

Just swallow your pride and go and do research and stop lieing in ignorance

Pcos has no cure , it is cursed by excess androgen it can only be manage, weight loss it just a remedy to reduce the symtoms , it can also cause insulin resistance ,obesity ,cyst on the ovaries and facial hair in women.

Abortion can cause other hormonal inbalance in women , but not pcos

Pcos affect most women from their teenage years

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

This Baby Was Saved From Being Crushed By Cement Bags / My mother and her plenty pastors. / He Moved Out Because I Used His N100,000 On MMM ā€”wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.