Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,566 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient (62413 Views)

UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register / Coronavirus: Body Of Nigerian Nurse In US Removed From Her Home (Video) / El-Rufai: Almajiris Deported From Kano Brought 21 COVID-19 Cases To Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Calitoscassius(m): 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2023
descarado:

In a more recent one, the patient died. She is going to jail.
Give me the link to the story so i can read and comprehend for myself

It said the patient had cancer (that is if this story is true) the patient was going to die anyway and no one is going to jail and how will she go to jail if she was deported? acording to the article lipsrsealed i suggest you read the article again this time read slowly and engage your brain while reading.

Good luck!
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by damosky12(m): 9:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
Karlifate:

Knowing the right thing (before God & the law of the land) to do and not doing it is arrogance & disobedience, not "service".

Arrogance & disobedience are the same sins Satan committed in the beginning of times.

Smh. These are not the words of a believer!

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were arrogant to obey God contrary to the opposing laws of their land? Daniel was arrogant to pray when the laws of his land asked him not to? The Apostles were arrogant and disobedient to preach when the laws asked them not to?

You need to decide who you really serve on this earth. Almighty God or your fleeting vanities? You need to take a clear stand where you pitch your tent.

‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:18‭-‬19‬ ‭NIV‬‬
[18] Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. [19] But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Passionate1(m): 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
Hahaha! Na dem introduced Bible to Africans.
When d white Man came to our country he had d Bible and we had d land . .D white Man said to us
' let's pray' After d prayer ,D white Man had d land and we had d Bible grin cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Gajagojo: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
ReluctantAdult:
I think that's a heavy-handed punishment. Except maybe she didn't get the patient's consent to do so then it's understandable if she's fired, but she shouldn't be deported under such circumstances.

By the way, this could be some made up bullsh1t as common in the social media space nowadays.
Google is your friend
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by nkpommpko(m): 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2023
You japa from your country that is falling apart from corruption and demonic leaders , go another man country wey everything dey work to survive, go there, go they pray for them. You see say you no well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by descarado: 9:41pm On Nov 30, 2023
Calitoscassius:

It said the patient had cancer (that is if this story is true) the patient was going to die anyway and no one is going to jail and how will she go to jail if she was deported? acording to the article lipsrsealed i suggest you read the article again this time read slowly and engage your brain while reading.

Good luck!
Ae you a nurse in uk?
Let's start from there so I can tell you where you can get the info.
NMC is still on it but from all indication, the nurse is going to jail as its the family that is suing her. Patient reported her as her prayers agitated her so much her condition escalated and she later died. Nobody told her to pray. Its not shared to the media yet so how did you come about it as what you wrote up there is quite different from the story has you asked me what happened in the first place. Why didn't you ask first. What is wrong with you people here?

More than 2 thousand cases recorded every year don't go mainstream. You can only see them where you are supposed to see them if you are a member or you are a student,the case will be discussed in your class when a lecturer brings it up.
I give up.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by oakenfold: 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
Embarrassment. Carry foreign quack religion for head.
The oyibo wey carry the religion come give your forefathers na im sack you now. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by PeachtreeReside(f): 10:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
No reprimand? Seems hatsh IMO.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Gajagojo: 10:11pm On Nov 30, 2023
descarado:

Ae you a nurse in uk?
Let's start from there so I can tell you where you can get the info.
NMC is still on it but from all indication, the nurse is going to jail as its the family that is suing her. Patient reported her as her prayers agitated her so much her condition escalated and she later died. Nobody told her to pray. Its not shared to the media yet so how did you come about it as what you wrote up there is quite different from the story has you asked me what happened in the first place. Why didn't you ask first. What is wrong with you people here?

More than 2 thousand cases recorded every year don't go mainstream. You can only see them where you are supposed to see them if you are a member or you are a student,the case will be discussed in your class when a lecturer brings it up.
I give up.

Going to jail for what? For how long?
What is the alleged offence
You said family is Suing
Suing for what?

Just be factual and stop adding salt and pepper
Suing. Was the death determined to be unlawful?

That is not a matter for the Nursing council
It is either a coroner's inquest determined that or there is a police prosecution
Family cannot sue for criminal charges they can only complain
If they sue it is for damages and that has nothing to do with jail

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Buliwyf: 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2023
DomPerignon:
Modern western medicine was forged from the principles of Christian charity.

The Red Cross and it's Christian emblem is testament to this.

The universal symbol of modern western medicine is that of a snake wrapped around a staff or a cross which is in reference of Moses healing the Hebrew people by miracle.

The once revered statement by western medicine doctors was once " we treat but God heals".

But western medicine has since lost its past and path after the children of Satan took over the West and began polluting every sacred institution they seized control of.

Jews run the west and they are hell bent on not only destroying it but ridding it of it's Christian herritage.

The only reason modern day Judaism exists is to destroy Christianity.

The greatest oxymoron ever coined was "Christian Zionism" and "Judeo-Christinanity".

The problem with most conspiracy theorists is that they are usually uninformed. One example is you.

The symbol of a snake on a stick far exceeds Christianity and Moses. It can be traced to Greek mythology or even ancient Sumerian.

Western medicine actually became more efficacious since it dumped it ties to religion and followed scientific fact. There has been a lot more cures and discoveries in medicine in the past 100 years than all the times before it. So stick to what you know. I don't even know how Jews came into this matter.

Just keep for dumb conspiracy theories in your little bubble of online halfwits where you get them from. The moment you start stating them as facts then you will be ridiculed like you are now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Buliwyf: 10:16pm On Nov 30, 2023
damosky12:

This is not a Christian view. The "as Christian, we should" is either delusional or deceitful.

Deported or not, she served God by praying for the sick. And I hope she doesn't stop.

You too go and serve God non-stop in Afghanistan na. I thought the Bible said you should go into the world and preach the gospel. At your work too, if there are laid down rules, you can go against them in the name of God and keep doing it. You cowards will hide in your house but come online to encourage what you cannot do yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Mayor88(m): 10:17pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:
Who sent her? In whose name was she praying? To whom? Is that her job?

They want to corrupt another country with religion as they have done Nigeria.
You have nailed it
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Ola2plenty: 10:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
Antoeni:

Credit: Dr. Olufunmilayo
But the can impose their LGTB in Schools without parent's approval sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Gajagojo: 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2023
DomPerignon:
Modern western medicine was forged from the principles of Christian charity.

T charity.he Red Cross and it's Christian emblem is testament to this.

The universal symbol of modern western medicine is that of a snake wrapped around a staff or a cross which is in reference of Moses healing the Hebrew people by miracle.

".

You are talking nonsense
When you sit down in an echo chamber and listen to your imagination unchallenged you start believing your delusions
Forged prom principles of Christian charity how ?
Red Cross was forged from modern medicine
Modern medicine has come a long way and has a lot of influences mostly science and nothing to do with so called Christian charity
Your story about the snake and staff is just total fiction . It is a delusion

That symbol is called Caduceus. It has nothing to.do with Moses and is not universally accepted by doctors
It is a symbol of commerce and trade and nothing to do with Moses
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by optm(m): 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
Rossikk:

And practicing Christianity and Islam where you can loot billions of dollars, drop bombs from the sky and slaughter millions of people, and then “pray for forgiveness” to erase your atrocities is what you recommend instead?

Before Christianity we built our houses without fences, gates, and barbed wire.

Even without front doors.

Because the idea of someone entering your house to steal was UNHEARD OF.

If you don’t know this, go to your village and ask your elders.

Today with your ‘Jesus’, there’s crime, corruption and kidnapping everywhere.

WHY WOULDN’T THERE BE?

You can commit any atrocity and simply ‘accept Jesus’ or whatever rubbish you people say, and all is forgiven.

African religion does not do ‘forgiveness’.

If you loot, you must pay. If you kill, you must pay. If you steal, you must pay.

UNTIL WE RETURN TO BEING AFRICANS AGAIN, we will keep having multiple problems.

And equating African religion with human sacrifice is the height of ignorance and stupidity. Brazil has millions of practitioners of Yoruba religion. Do you think they do human sacrifices?

Those in Cuba and other places?

You are colonially brainwashed and don’t know anything about African religion, or you would know that what anyone does under it is the responsibility of the person, NOT the religion.

I like your ending paragraph. Why dont you judge Christianity in this light too?
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Chetas81(m): 10:41pm On Nov 30, 2023
ChristineC:
did you visit or watch the coronation of the new king on TV?
then, meanwhile you supposed ask yourself why the black African build on miracle instead of idea and intelligent, you can also ask yourself why the black African refused to build their heaven on earth 🌍 japa to the country where the citizen living on knowledge not magic and miracle_________for now do you know that India build submarine with their available knowledge pls tell me if any black African countries own submarine to face her enemies
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Karlifate: 10:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
damosky12:

Smh. These are not the words of a believer!

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were arrogant to obey God contrary to the opposing laws of their land? Daniel was arrogant to pray when the laws of his land asked him not to? The Apostles were arrogant and disobedient to preach when the laws asked them not to?

You need to decide who you really serve on this earth. Almighty God or your fleeting vanities? You need to take a clear stand where you pitch your tent.

‭‭Acts‬ ‭4:18‭-‬19‬ ‭NIV‬‬
[18] Then they called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. [19] But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges!

Unsolicited prayers in the line of duty is an offence.

If you like, quote scriptures from now till eternity, her appointment has been terminated and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. 💯
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by biafranrealson: 10:47pm On Nov 30, 2023
Those that brought you religion knows that prayer is useless. It abdicate you from your responsibility by handing over your job to an imaginary sky daddy.

Let her join any church hospital here
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Chetas81(m): 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
lomprico:
There is time for everything - the bible.
YOU CAN IMAGINE SOMEONE EMPLOYE YOU AND PAY YOU HUGE MONEY BASED ON YOUR IDEA AND INTELLIGENCE, BUT DUMPED IT FOR PRAYER,PLS WE DON'T HAVE TO REMAIN HERE 🤟🤟
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Chetas81(m): 10:53pm On Nov 30, 2023
Calitoscassius:

Good luck!
not the same story, this is different event involved the Nigerian citizen in United Kingdom 😂😂😂🦍🤟
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Karlifate: 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
Buliwyf:

You too go and serve God non-stop in Afghanistan na. I thought the Bible said you should go into the world and preach the gospel. At your work too, if there are laid down rules, you can go against them in the name of God and keep doing it. You cowards will hide in your house but come online to encourage what you cannot do yourself.

Don't mind the buffoon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Luckysbab: 11:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:

And muslims, and tradionalists. Keep your gods to yourselves.

These gods have brought more problems to Nigeria than solutions - all of them.

You'll barely find Muslims trying to harass you into the religion at every given turn. It's more of a Christian thing.

In the bus, in a simple gathering, at public offices - they just start the unsolicited preaching or "worship".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by fortunechy(m): 11:32pm On Nov 30, 2023
Judging by the comments I will confidently tell u that it's finished....
As a practical Christian let the light of God always radiate in u.

Meanwhile, sister God will give u a better job.
That's all I can say.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by lilyheaven: 11:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
That’s your business.
I verbalized my mind.
What you make out of it,, won’t stop December from coming.
Go ahead and insult people, that’s your destiny.
You will soon start your own prayers.
Karlifate:

I was not surprised when Sanwo-Olu used millions of Naira to buy rechargeable lights.

Just look at what a bloody homosapien thought & typed. grin

There’s no Licensed Nurse , that’s not aware that it’s unethical to pray for a patient, without the patient consent.
Let alone of a nurse practicing in UK.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by lilyheaven: 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
You don’t use yourself as a yardstick.
omooba969:

This is ridiculous, there's nothing to fear about a dying patient.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Kingson28: 11:50pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:
Who sent her? In whose name was she praying? To whom? Is that her job?

They want to corrupt another country with religion as they have done Nigeria.

Has religion corrupted India, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Japan?
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by DaddyJapan(m): 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
descarado:

They are not. The case will be revisited after sometime and she goes back to work.
If she is not a citizen or has the right to remain, she goes back to her country. When you don't know how a system works, do not jump on the band wagon.

As someone who has championed the rights of our people for longer than I care to admit, here, I damn well do.

But I will let your asinine comment slide. cool
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Ehmmah588(m): 12:10am On Dec 01, 2023
Goldenchyke:
A Muslim friend was very sick and I went to visit him. His situation was bad that he was rejected in hospital.

As a Christian who believe in the efficacy of prayer,I felt I should pray for him, but first of all I sought the permission of
the members of his family, and they gave me the go ahead, and I prayed .

When he recovered after some weeks, he came, thanking me for praying for him.

LESSON
Always seek people's consent before offering your prayers or even help . Unsolicited assistance can backfire.
God bless you for this response...This is the only sensible response i've seen so far

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Ehmmah588(m): 12:12am On Dec 01, 2023
Guyman01:
They keep humiliating Nigerians despite her minor misbehaviour, can they deport an Israeli or Saudi citizen for the same thing?
Despite bombing America the Bin Laden family was never deported from America or UK
thank you for this statement..you're sensible

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by jaephoenix(m): 12:16am On Dec 01, 2023
Beremx:
In a situation that patient tells the nurse to pray for him/her nko? Will she still be sacked?

Well, Nigerians and our religious obsession, una don see am nau
If the patient requests that, the healthcare worker can refer him or her to a chaplain. Though she may pray, but safer to refer
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by omooba969(m): 12:24am On Dec 01, 2023
lilyheaven:
You don’t use yourself as a yardstick.

I don't get..
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by cococandy(f): 12:37am On Dec 01, 2023
descarado:

Every country is different.
In uk, even if its the same faith, you as a medical personnel have no right to offer prayers.
Never. There is a department for that. Forward the request to the right source.

It's drummed into the ears of nursing students in the first few weeks of nursing. Also it in the nursing bible.

I know. But even in America you’re not to offer them prayers or even bring it up unless you’re doing the initial spiritual assessment.

The request has to be patient initiated. Then in that case you can agree if you’re so inclined.

I feel like my post is being understood to say a nurse can go asking the patients if they want to pray with them. Here that’s a no no too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Died During Sex Romp With Boyfriend Who Took Drugs In Kwara / Man Shows His Amazing Body Transformation In Just Two Years (Photos) / Ladies Only! 5 Reasons Why Your Vagina Itches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.