Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,945 members, 7,810,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient (62256 Views)

UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register / Coronavirus: Body Of Nigerian Nurse In US Removed From Her Home (Video) / El-Rufai: Almajiris Deported From Kano Brought 21 COVID-19 Cases To Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Calitoscassius(m): 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
This shit happened more than 5 years ago, she was sacked but not deported. Stale story.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by ofuonyebi: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
Whatever your work ethics or rules say before you were employed...
please stand by it...
after your office hours you can discuss other issues outside including religion

it is only in Nigeria that the Laws that affect the less privileged
does not affect the rich or the rulers

hence...here...our laws are abuse with impunity and levity

not so in America or London...even here in South Africa!

i think we go learn small! small!
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Kobicove(m): 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
Beremx:
In a situation that patient tells the nurse to pray for him/her nko? Will she still be sacked?

Well, Nigerians and our religious obsession, una don see am nau

If a patient asks a nurse to pray for him/her the nurse should simply decline undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by 77up(m): 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2023
FuckingMachine:
So this same religion that Britain used to control daft Black monkeys is used to deport the same Black monkeys for using it on Brits.

Make this make sense.
If white say this to you , how will you feel? Think about it.

Op , that serves her right.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Karlifate: 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2023
enemyofprogress:
she was even speaking in tongues, so loud that nurse Barbara Kennedy had to call the cops. We all thought she was possessed when she started speaking in tongues while praying for the patient

A typical Nigerian show-off religious Christain.

I'm not surprised. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by ufotunang: 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2023
They should had forgiven her and give her a last warning...maybe she did not know the rules over there
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Kobicove(m): 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
Calitoscassius:
This shit happened more than 5 years ago, she was sacked but not deported. Stale story.

I also did not believe that part about deportation of the nurse

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Badgers14: 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2023
Beremx:
In a situation that patient tells the nurse to pray for him/her nko? Will she still be sacked?

Well, Nigerians and our religious obsession, una don see am nau

I have the same question too but on reflection I am thinking that maybe the patient was the one that reported the nurse to warrant her immediate firing.

Nevertheless, a warning/ reprimand might have been more appropriate but again maybe the nurse have had other violation under their belt warranting the firing. Or felt like them religious people that are consumed by their churches even after initial reprimand was still headstrong.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Badgers14: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2023
ufotunang:
They should had forgiven her and give her a last warning...maybe she did not know the rules over there

She have been deported already according to sources.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by CommonSense1967: 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2023
Oversabi people. They know more about Jesus than Pope self. Serves her right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Karlifate: 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2023
Goldenchyke:
A Muslim friend was very sick and I went to visit him. His situation was bad that he was rejected in hospital.

As a Christian who believe in the efficacy of prayer,I felt I should pray for him, but first of all I sought the permission of
the members of his family, and they gave me the go ahead, and I prayed .

When he recovered after some weeks, he came, thanking me for praying for him.

LESSON
Always seek people's consent before offering your prayers or even help . Unsolicited assistance can backfire.

@ bolded:

Even in life, unsolicited help/advice is usually less valued, save rare cases. ๐Ÿ‘Œ

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Gboom: 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2023
Oyinbos already has a terrible mindset against blacks especially Nigerians. I can tell you if the woman is an America or their other European countries, they won't deport or castigate her like that.
Religion is a scam crew, can you share you scamming experience
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by DLuciano: 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2023
Antoeni:
As Christian, We Should knows Our Limits , There are do's and don'ts in every Organization, Abide or Quit.
It Serves Her Right

Your mouth dey sharp! Your own dey wait for you soon, next time you learn to control your tongue (/finger)
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by casualobserver: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2023
Babaken:
The same people they introduce Christianity to us.

They used it to collect your land and resources just as your pastors use it to collect your money.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by adecz: 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2023
โญ•๏ธโญ•๏ธโญ•๏ธโญ•๏ธโญ•๏ธ

Black man too dey disturb God..

Instead of using our God given brain
to solve our problems, we go dey go
upandan, leaving all our wahala on top
"The God Of Miracle" headโ—๏ธโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

That is why God abandon Africa
come dey send us the
most yeye leaders to teach us sense..

God Japa go dey maintain branches of
heaven for China, ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ, European Union๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡บ
and US๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ . He is also planning a branch
in UAE & Dubai.

Sai Jagabaโ—๏ธโ—๏ธโ—๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Calitoscassius(m): 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2023
Kobicove:

I also did not believe that part about deportation of the nurse
i read the news at the time. She was only sacked, this happened like 7 years ago. She was not deported she did not commit any crime.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by omooba969(m): 6:31pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:
Who sent her? In whose name was she praying? To whom? Is that her job?

They want to corrupt another country with religion as they have done Nigeria.

Probably wanted to develop their health sector with prayers...lol ๐Ÿ˜„

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by lilyheaven: 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2023
I donโ€™t think, she had a room to seek consent, the story said she was praying for a dying patient.
I guess, camera captured her, shouting blood of Jesus, blood of Jesus.... instead of doing basic life support, or administering a drug . And it was at that moment the patient kicked off.
Iโ€™m sure, it was out of fear she started praying, not really because she wanted to pray for the patient.

Goldenchyke:
A Muslim friend was very sick and I went to visit him. His situation was bad that he was rejected in hospital.

As a Christian who believe in the efficacy of prayer,I felt I should pray for him, but first of all I sought the permission of
the members of his family, and they gave me the go ahead, and I prayed .

When he recovered after some weeks, he came, thanking me for praying for him.

LESSON
Always seek people's consent before offering your prayers or even help . Unsolicited assistance can backfire.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Princewell2012(m): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2023
Antoeni:
As Christian, We Should knows Our Limits , There are do's and don'ts in every Organization, Abide or Quit.
It Serves Her Right
What if it is the will of God for her to come back to Nigeria and fulfill her ministry
Is UK heaven

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Patriotsleague: 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2023
English people brought this religion here grin
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Psalmir(m): 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2023
I feel so sorry for her though, but the bible also told us that we should watch and pray ,I think what she should have done was to add the patient up in her personal prayers coz she must have noticed it that prayer is not welcomed in the are nor vicinity where she was working ,so she ought to have done that in her personal prayers ....this is not religious fight, either Muslim or Christian,she was seeing praying ๐Ÿ™...so I see nothing bad there at all and I hope she gets a better job in another better country...she should just not loose hope and not feel depressed,she should just let this be a stepping stone for her that's all and I hope God Almighty have mercy on her and help her in all her ways

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Way4orward: 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2023
Nice one.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by sulaak(m): 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:

Let her pray to stay in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by philipobiz: 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
PointB:

I can imagine her kind of prayer. Shouting and blabbing disturbing the peace of the patient and probably those of the neighbourhood like my next house neighbour who have not been allowing me to sleep well for hours.

Na so Jesus Christ teach you to pray disturbing everyone around you? You caution them they will call you demon.
Some of them are here
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by omooba969(m): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
Babaken:
The same people they introduce Christianity to us.

The introduction of Christianity was a tool for 'Control', try and think of events afterwards, they plundered Africa. grin

This is the same template/model your pastors are running now. grin
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by sulaak(m): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2023
Psalmir:
I feel so sorry for her though, but the bible also told us that we should watch and pray ,I think what she should have done was to add the patient up in her personal prayers coz she must have noticed it that prayer is not welcomed in the are nor vicinity where she was working ,so she ought to have done that in her personal prayers ....this is not religious fight, either Muslim or Christian,she was seeing praying ๐Ÿ™...so I see nothing bad there at all and I hope she gets a better job in another better country...she should just not loose hope and not feel depressed,she should just let this be a stepping stone for her that's all and I hope God Almighty have mercy on her and help her in all her ways

I don't feel sorry for her, she has nothing to offer but useless religion that is the cause of Nigeria's backwardness. The UK does not need your Bible.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Calitoscassius(m): 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
Patriotsleague:
English people brought this religion here grin
And they have since moved on from that stale outdated ancient cultish religion they invented themselves

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by casualobserver: 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
Kukutenla:

Nigerians and always wanting to validate the white man's ways.
What exactly is wrong with praying for someone in pains and in need of comfort.
Where i might find fault is if she did not seek and obtain consent from the patient.
Man is a social animal and relationships permeate boundaries and they get more intimate.
So, all these treatment of humans like mechanical tools without empathy or mental connections is inhumane in my view.

You are here again, posting like a mor0n up and down. Do you not understand professionalism? Do you not understand professional ethics? Did her patient ask her for prayers?

Which one is โ€œmightโ€?

Nincompoop!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by Pootle: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
very good...praying to avoid an end that is inevitable undecided
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by MyExpression(m): 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
This one na cold zobo.

Was she prosecuted?
So deportation after sack

E no clear

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by BigBashiru: 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
Discountsempai:
Nurse thought she was in Nigeria where praying for patient is met with gratitude well well.

Again, the problem with Nigerians japaing is that they take no time to find out about the culture of the country they go to.

The UK, ladies and gentlemen, is a post religious society. That means a large percentage of the population is either atheist or agnostic. They don't do prayers. As a Christian,your job is to pray for them in the privacy of your house. Not to place your hands on them.

But Nigerians are so focused on the money that they do nt focus on the things like culture and so forth. UK ,people ,no be Nigeria.

Am sure she will come home and give testimonies about how she was persecuted for her faith. She was not..she was just plain unwise.

Next time, pray in private. If you must pray directly seek consent first. UK is not a Christian country. Has not been since the colonial times self.
Good post. What Britain spread around the world was freemasonry not Christianity. It's more probable that Christianity came to Nigeria thru Egypt and Ethiopia - both mentioned in the Bible than thru the hungry British island savages
Re: Nigerian Nurse Sacked & Deported From The UK For Praying For Patient by ceasare: 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2023
Antoeni:

Credit: Dr. Olufunmilayo

Probably she thinks it's naija where anybody shouts hallelujah in d bus and use their preaching or marketing of drugs and mechandize to disturb passengers.......in a sane clime ur views both religious and otherwise is simply ur personal choice and shouldnt be forced on anyone.same goes for those reflective jacket wearing dude with big speakers preaching the return of Christ 5am in d morning in various neighborhoods.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Mycoplasma Genitalium: What To Know About The New Sexually Transmitted Disease / How Late Paul Arisa's Uncle Maltreated Him Even In Death (Photos) / "Dead" Woman Bangs On Coffin During Her Funeral To Say She's Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.