Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? (19398 Views)

An Ex Of Mine Narrated To Me Her Sugar Daddy Experience / My Younger Sister Received Break Fast From Her Ex Of 4 Months. / Lady Denies Ex Of Life-Time Career Opportunity; Fakes Rejection Letter In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by enemyofprogress: 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
Your pusssssssy dey hungry am again be dat. He remembered your ringtones, biting, moaning, screaming and scratching grin

Na you know why police no catch you fa🤷🤷 enjoyment wan kee us for cell Today na DPO birthday

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Exceed15: 3:04pm On Dec 01, 2023
He had toured and found no one like u.
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by TRAPLORD13: 3:05pm On Dec 01, 2023
Zonefree:

She can't. She's already fantasizing wrapping her big head around his arms.

Okafor's law must be applied before second week of this month, I can stake my house rent on that.
Baddo answer
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by TRAPLORD13: 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
You already know the answer to your question.
Follow your mind
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Worldliness(f): 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ifemelu80:
Hi,

My ex called me yesterday, out of the blue, after 14 years of radio silence.
He was my first love and I thought we were in a relationship for 3 years only to find out I was just his side piece to the side piece.
He broke up with me by blocking me on his phone and social media and that was it.

A mutual friend reached out to me about 2 weeks ago. We had also lost contact for years. We talked about everything but him.
So I was very surprised to get a call from him. He said the mutual friend told him about our reconnection so he also wanted to get in touch. We chatted for 10-15 mn, he asked me about my life and told me to save his contact.

Now, I'm wondering, why would a man call an ex girl friend he didn't really care about, after more than 10 years ? We were never close friends and don't have any common interests, personal or professional circle anymore, so what's the point

You should have made these point to him. Sometimes we need to let go of the past forever. He will only bring unnecessary distractions.
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Charliej: 3:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ask yourself why you would want to reach out to someone you hurt in the past,if not for an apology whch he clearly didnt call for iys obviouse hes still weighing your emotional attachment towards him he will call you very soon till he less bored again and dissapears
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by otipoju(m): 3:10pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ifemelu80:
Hi,

He was my first love and I thought we were in a relationship for 3 years only to find out I was just his side piece to the side piece.
He broke up with me by blocking me on his phone and social media and that was it.

A mutual friend reached out to me about 2 weeks ago. We had also lost contact for years. We talked about everything but him.
So I was very surprised to get a call from him. He said the mutual friend told him about our reconnection so he also wanted to get in touch. We chatted for 10-15 mn, he asked me about my life and told me to save his contact.

Now, I'm wondering, why would a man call an ex girl friend he didn't really care about, after more than 10 years ? We were never close friends and don't have any common interests, personal or professional circle anymore, so what's the point

Maturity !!!

I have a girl that I still dream about even last week. I saw her last 25 years ago when we were class mates in secondary school.

I just want to tell her that I am sorry for taking her profession of love for me for granted. I rudely said she was not fine enough and she was really embarrassed in class that day.

I've been sorry for a long time and wish I could get the opportunity to make it up to her one way or the other.

I was really immature to say such mean words to another human being. Sade no vex abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by toxtimmy: 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2023
Question is do you know what you want?

It appears you are single after all these years... So figure out what you want and understand the consequences then execute ... But make sure there is STD test done first if what you want involves going under the bed sheet

Ifemelu80:
Hi,

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by adecz: 3:13pm On Dec 01, 2023
What are you expecting❓❓
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by adecz: 3:14pm On Dec 01, 2023
But are you excited & hopeful❓❓
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by ifinger: 3:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
You will end up fokn him again ! Trust me he has Ur password it's just a matter of time u will be in his arms ! U already had feeling for him if not u should not be asking this question ⁉️ ⁉️. All the same so far he has Ur number and u are saving his number u are going to FK him again
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by eepeepook: 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
Two options: kill all forms of reconnecting with him or pick up the phone and find out why. Experience is the best teacher. Life no suppose hard.
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by bigman001(m): 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
Zonefree:

She can't. She's already fantasizing wrapping her big head around his arms.

Okafor's law must be applied before second week of this month, I can stake my house rent on that.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by bigman001(m): 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2023
otipoju:

Maturity !!!

I have a girl that I still dream about even last week. I saw her last 25 years ago when we were class mates in secondary school.

I just want to tell her that I am sorry for taking her profession of love for me for granted. I rudely said she was not fine enough and she was really embarrassed in class that day.

I've been sorry for a long time and wish I could get the opportunity to make it up to her one way or the other.

I was really immature to say such mean words to another human being. Sade no vex abeg.

I hope Shade is still alive to accept your apology, we all have acted immature one way or the other while growing up.
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by EnterpriseMan: 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ifemelu80:
Hi,

Men grow and mature over time, they're some ways we have behaved in the past that when we think about now we feel like we could have done better.
He might simply just feel horrible about how he treated you back then and simply just want to ask you to forgive him for the way he treated you back then and nothing else. You don't have to put too much thought into why he contacted you.
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by otipoju(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
bigman001:

I hope Shade is still alive to accept your apology, we all have acted immature one way or the other while growing up.

I hope so too. I think I'll work on looking for her through our Alumni group.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Juniorangel(m): 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
My ex of 10yrs married and recently divorced got my contact from my sis last month called me and says see wants to see me... Hmmm
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by femi4: 3:42pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ifemelu80:
Hi,

Okafor's law loading

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Keme4Real(f): 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ifemelu80:

what's the point
Kpekus
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Ifemelu80: 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2023
OgaRico:
So here is how I see this story, old mutual friend that reached out to you two weeks ago didn't just reached out, I believe he/she was sent by your ex.
[b]It could be that he just want to apologize for the way he behaved then a[/b]nd get to explain things to you on why what happen, did.
But hey, watch out o because those supposed long gone feelings could just be nearby and before you know it, boom.

That was my first guess. I thought maybe he wants to do the Hajj so he's trying to come clean with people he wronged beforehand.
Anyways, some of the comments are right. I shouldn't give this any head space.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by delpee(f): 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ifemelu80:
For those of you who kindly took their time to answer my question, thank you and:
- no, we don’t have a child together
- I asked him why he contacted me he said he just wanted to talk
- I’m not even remotely interested in hooking up with him since I have someone in my life and he’s married with 3 kids. Besides, I may not be the brightest woman out there but I still have enough pride to not get back with an ex, especially one who treated me like ish.
- I was genuinely interested in getting male perspective on what can make a man so oblivious or self centered or whatever to make a move like that.

Avoid getting involved in any way no matter what. No need for chatting continously. What you had together is history. Don't unwittingly rekindle it. It will only end in regrets.
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Charly68: 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Block his number if you don't want to fall prey of his advances. Old flames hardly die. He is missing you deep inside of him because he is not getting the right vibe and romance from his wife. You become his second thought but it is for carnal purpose. Let him carry his cross forever as you carry yours too
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Hamiltonii: 3:59pm On Dec 01, 2023
jeromestarks:
I do that a lot.
Sometimes, I just want to refvck them. Other times, I just want someone to useless again and again. Nothing personal.

I hardly forgive wrong doings from girls. I always make sure they pay. Even if it took 10 years, they must pay bitterly (except they're dead).

Is Cancer your birth sign?
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by jeromestarks: 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2023
Hamiltonii:

Is Cancer your birth sign?
Gemini.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Capernum: 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
Be careful of a call from your past. It will definitely touch your present and slap your future.
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Abagworo(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2023
If he isn't married then he's considering you as a good wife material after years of trying different stews. If you're single and still feel something then leave your mind open cause something positive might come out of it this time. Experience is the best teacher
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by nathpope(m): 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2023
JASONjnr:
I believe, you must have had your answers while typing this and you don't need anyone's opinion on what to do.

On why he contacted you, nobody will reveal anything that will be close to his intentions.

So, why not fold your hands and see what he brings.

Lol @ your last paragraph..
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Bluntemperor: 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2023
Ifemelu80:
Hi,

You never see something,as he was on a sabbatical leave!
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by AntiMen: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2023
There could be many reasons why a man might reach out to an ex after such a long time. He might be feeling nostalgic or curious about how she's doing. He might have unresolved feelings about the relationship, or he might be hoping to rekindle the connection. Or, he might simply want to be friends again. Do you have a specific situation in mind?
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Karlifate: 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
TUTU147:
I am and my ex are communicating after 13yrs, though we are being careful of our feelings.We don't want to hurt our individual families.Old time love is hard to forget truly.

Emotional cheating will soon lead to sexual cheating.

Continue nursing "old time love" cheesy
Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Karlifate: 4:39pm On Dec 01, 2023
tete7000:
Because both of you are not busy solving any serious problem.

Exactly! cheesy

They have a lot of free time to play around.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Man Reach Out To An Ex Of 10+ Years Out Of The Blue ? by Karlifate: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2023
ifinger:
You will end up fokn him again ! Trust me he has Ur password it's just a matter of time u will be in his arms ! U already had feeling for him if not u should not be asking this question ⁉️ ⁉️. All the same so far he has Ur number and u are saving his number u are going to FK him again

cheesy

Once she has little misunderstanding with her hubby, she'll run into the arms of understanding ex.

Women are obsessed with attention and that's their downfall.

Yet, they never learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest Teen Female Students During A Public Nake**d Photo Shoots (VIDEO) / Why Some Guys Hate Girls: Call Them Misogynists. / Ladies Only 18+: Be Sincere And Tell Us Which Number Are You (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.