Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed (30180 Views)

Age Is Just A Number - Reactions As 'Young' Couple Set To Wed In Benue (Photos) / Nigerians React To Young Couple's Pre-Wedding Photos / Nigerian Lady Set To Wed Her Polish Boyfriend: "God Sent This Man To My Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Chingyyy878: 7:14am On Dec 02, 2023
Weddings are so expensive nowadays. To young people that want to start their lives, go to court and have a small dinner with your close friends and family. You can do the party if you’d like years later.

Thanks!

203 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Lovemeharder(f): 7:54am On Dec 02, 2023
I also prefer a small marriage blessing or court wedding, cos after all the huge spending in doing one Big white wedding nobody will look you and your wife's face.
The last wedding I attended, I saw very few gifts that was presented to the couples and it was not encouraging at all.
People will come, eat and drink well, then go back to thier respective homes.

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Lovemeharder(f): 7:55am On Dec 02, 2023
Chingyyy878:
Weddings are so expensive nowadays. To young people that want to start their lives, go to court and have a small dinner with your close friends and family. You can do the party if you’d like years later.

Thanks!

God bless you sir.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 02, 2023
What about traditional wedding?

9 Likes

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by ednut1(m): 9:42am On Dec 02, 2023
Samantha124:
What about traditional wedding?
have you seen the bride price list of some places in Nigeria You have to settle people in the villages many items. Court is the way to go. But there are alot of women who want the paparazzi wedding of which they will contribute nothing financially.

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 02, 2023
We are Africans and traditional wedding is part of who we are.
ednut1:
have you seen the bride price list of some places in Nigeria You have to settle people in the villages many items. Court is the way to go. But there are alot of women who want the paparazzi wedding of which they will contribute nothing financially.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by ednut1(m): 9:48am On Dec 02, 2023
Samantha124:
rest, court marriage is recognized by law and it’s cheap

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 02, 2023
So to hell with our African heritage, right?
ednut1:

23 Likes

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by ednut1(m): 9:54am On Dec 02, 2023
Samantha124:
So to hell with our African heritage, right?
female gender mutilation is an heritage in many African societies. Child marriage too. Are you in support of , After-all its heritage

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 02, 2023
It doesn't matter how I feel or think about it because they're not part of my culture and we need to learn to respect other people's cultures as long as they don't interfere with ours.

And besides, traditional wedding is a celebration which involves uniting two people who are in love.
ednut1:
female gender mutilation is an heritage in many African societies. Child marriage too. Are you in support of any Afterall its heritage

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by ItisWell22(f): 10:06am On Dec 02, 2023
The crowd sef can be scary atimes. 😟

Do it small, and live your personal lives large. ✌️

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Chingyyy878: 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2023
ednut1:

💯
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Fountainofyouth(f): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2023
Some young couples have the money to do big expensive wedding, so rest, at the end of the day couples would do whatever they like.

3 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Magnoliaa(f): 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2023
Well, since it's for people who want to "start their lives now," no problem.

Not for me by a long stretch.

And why is a marriage referred to as 'starting one's life?' All the years wey you don dey live, nko?

14 Likes

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Reelmii: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
grin...like i always tell people,, wedding is 24hrs....while marriage is for life.....

But people focus more on preparing for wedding and only few prepare for marriage....

So weather u are having a big or small wedding.....focus more on preparing for marriage

13 Likes

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Treasure17(m): 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
Marriage is overrated.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2023
True talks, you can't spend millions on wedding that might not even last to a year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by BigDawsNet: 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2023
Make it simple...
No do pass urself

You can always make it up with anniversary when things get better

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by zombieHUNTER: 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2023
Lovemeharder:

God bless you sir.

Loud weddings means long life together

Small weddings means divorce in 6months time

choose wisely
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by GboyegaD(m): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2023
Unfortunately, as a people, irrespective of age bracket, we love to seek validation even from people who don't matter; thus, many wouldn't yield to such noble advice.

14 Likes

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by AntiChristian: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2023
Court wedding na bondage!
You can increase the chains if you go abroad together!

I have the options of up to four Nikaah!

9 Likes

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by JagabanBorgu: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2023
White wedding is a western culture that the church made it look like that's what God wants.
Even in the west, it's not as expensive as they make it look in Nigeria.
Weddings and Burials are expensive events in Nigeria which is uncalled for.

14 Likes

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by TrustNone: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2023
Magnoliaa:
Well, since it's for people who want to "start their lives now," no problem.

Not for me by a long stretch.

And why is a marriage referred to as 'starting one's life?' All the years wey you don dey live, nko?
that is for immoral sinners like you that advocate for cohabiting and sex before marriage
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by casualobserver: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2023
Chingyyy878:

Thanks!

You stole this from twitter verbatim . At least be decent enough to acknowledge the author

16 Likes

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by TrustNone: 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2023
Fountainofyouth:
Some young couples have the money to do big expensive wedding, so rest, at the end of the day couples would do whatever they like.
just shut up please

7 Likes

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by ATEAMS: 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2023
Oook
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by uchwar1: 3:02pm On Dec 02, 2023
Many females on this topic
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by CoronaVirusPro: 3:03pm On Dec 02, 2023
Brilliant!

Marriage is not about the celebrations, it’s about the life after the celebration!

1 Like

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by being(m): 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2023
Samantha124:
Who says culture has to be static?! Culture is dynamic samantha..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Babyboyforeal(m): 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2023
ednut1:
in where i came from Edo state we don't play with traditional marriage it's highly regarded

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by jiz: 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2023
Parental consent is the marriage then notify the government about it at registry and proceed to God's presence for blessings. That's all......Reception will drain your resources. Use that money to start your home !

6 Likes

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by tollyboy5(m): 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2023
Samantha124:
I will not do court wedding grin. God 4bid, i will gather money do traditional wedding in a little way that's all. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Are Worthy! 7 Things You Should Never Tolerate In A Relationship/ Marriage / Lady Set To Marry AI Hologram Named Ailex, Trained On Her Past Boyfriends (pic) / When A Girl Calls A Guy Her Bestie What Does She Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.