Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,329 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed (30217 Views)

Age Is Just A Number - Reactions As 'Young' Couple Set To Wed In Benue (Photos) / Nigerians React To Young Couple's Pre-Wedding Photos / Nigerian Lady Set To Wed Her Polish Boyfriend: "God Sent This Man To My Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Caseless: 3:57am On Dec 03, 2023
Lovemeharder:
I also prefer a small marriage blessing or court wedding, cos after all the huge spending in doing one Big white wedding nobody will look you and your wife's face.
The last wedding I attended, I saw very few gifts that was presented to the couples and it was not encouraging at all.
People will come, eat and drink well, then go back to thier respective homes.
Do people do an elaborate wedding just to receive gift in return?

1 Like

Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by irunoko(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2023
Lovemeharder:
I also prefer a small marriage blessing or court wedding, cos after all the huge spending in doing one Big white wedding nobody will look you and your wife's face.
The last wedding I attended, I saw very few gifts that was presented to the couples and it was not encouraging at all.
People will come, eat and drink well, then go back to thier respective homes.
no be the couple invite them?them Siddon for their house,Na Una go invite them abi You no go host your guests before? Abeg stop this entitlement mentality
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by irunoko(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2023
Caseless:
Do people do an elaborate wedding just to receive gift in return?
Abi o.

Help me ask am
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 03, 2023
I be Nigerian girl ooo... grin grin grin
sslcrypt:

This south African girl shut up. You talking trash.
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by ghostwriter85(m): 10:53am On Dec 03, 2023
Samantha124:
It doesn't matter how I feel or think about it because they're not part of my culture and we need to learn to respect other people's cultures as long as they don't interfere with ours.

And besides, traditional wedding is a celebration which involves uniting two people who are in love.

The second statement.

So court marriage doesn't unite people who are in love?
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 03, 2023
Before we can think of the legal system, we need to keep in mind that we're Africans first.

And when it comes to civil marriage, you guys still have to decide whether you get married in community of property, out of community of property, or out of community of property with an application of accrual.

Most of you guys are just talking, but don't know anything about civil marriages and in the end, you end up making wrong decisions that'll affect you in the long run.
ghostwriter85:

The second statement.

So court marriage doesn't unite people who are in love?
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Evolutionism: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2023
Chingyyy878:
Weddings are so expensive nowadays. To young people that want to start their lives, go to court and have a small dinner with your close friends and family. You can do the party if you’d like years later.

Thanks!

I have budgeted N100M for my Court and Traditional wedding.
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by cyrusmillz: 11:42am On Dec 03, 2023
Chingyyy878:
Weddings are so expensive nowadays. To young people that want to start their lives, go to court and have a small dinner with your close friends and family. You can do the party if you’d like years later.

Thanks!

You just copied a tweet and didn't even acknowledge the post
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by cyrusmillz: 11:44am On Dec 03, 2023
casualobserver:

You stole this from twitter verbatim . At least be decent enough to acknowledge the author

LOL,I didn't even see your post before I commented earlier.
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Clinghton: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2023
What are they advantages and disadvantages of court marriage?
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by isabi2lof: 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2023
By God's grace , coming next year this how I planned it with my guy .

Anybody that's wants to do party or invite thousands of people should do with his pocket.
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Gerrard59(m): 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2023
Miyachi:

Settle her family. Na goat you dy buy? grin

What makes you think that the bride price will not be paid if you do a court wedding?

All these customs and traditions are man-made but we prefer to force unbearable burdens on people all in the name culture. Those that eloped with their brides, are they no longer living or has their union not been blessed with children?

I personally believe that all you need to do is to ask for my daughters hand in marriage, if she want's to marry you, I go ahead and give my blessings. You don't need to pay one dime. Life is that simple.

Mom007: Is the bold not traditional marriage? Must I pay the entire village because I want to marry your daughter?
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by torvickof1312(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2023
Chingyyy878:

Thanks!

God blessed you with this advice
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by achimendy(m): 5:47pm On Dec 03, 2023
Samantha124:
Why not do a low-key traditional wedding?

There's nothing like low-key traditional here in Nigeria. The bride's family will milk the hell out of you.
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 03, 2023
Oh! I see... No wonder you guys prefer civil wedding to a traditional one.

Some people from my tribe nowadays would just do a low-key traditional wedding and then do a civil wedding with at least four witnesses present, two from the groom's side and two from the bride's side, and they're done.

They'll do a white wedding later on... It can even take some years.
achimendy:

There's nothing like low-key traditional here in Nigeria. The bride's family will milk the hell out of you.
Re: Advice To Young People Who Want To Wed by achimendy(m): 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2023
Samantha124:
Oh! I see... No wonder you guys prefer civil wedding to a traditional one.

Some people from my tribe nowadays would just do a low-key traditional wedding and then do a civil wedding with at least four witnesses present, two from the groom's side and two from the bride's side, and they're done.

They'll do a white wedding later on... It can even take some years.

Is not like we prefer civil wedding, most people here still manage to go for the traditional wedding, it's like a most here o. But the thing is that most men are running away from the financial burden that comes with it making them to avoid marriage. Or some desperate men and women use the tactics of getting the girl pregnant so that they can discuss marriage rites on your terms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Virginity Is The Best Wedding Gift Any Man Would Receive, Says Nigerian Man / The Problem Of 'Babymamaism' I Saw Today / Why Do Nice Guys Always Get Treated Badly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.