Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,956 members, 7,828,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 - Food (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 (63171 Views)

See The Fish I Bought With My Hard-Earned ₦1k / See The Tomatoes Someone Bought For N380 In Ghana / Food Items I Bought With 78K - Man Shares Shocking Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:34am On Dec 03, 2023
Akano5:
@ClitRaider

Sure, food is cheap in the middle belt and the North..
you can come and use 1month in Ogun state and see what's up.

30k monthly min wage cannot afford all those.

But just one hour of the poster minimum wage can afford almost all of those. grin

U can't defend the undefendable

The person you are quoting is probably earning above 200k. He is not a min wage worker

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Akano5(m): 9:34am On Dec 03, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Tution free scholarship. They are many. Raise you your up so you can see

I have checked it and it seems I'm getting something wrong.

I need those onces who offered scholarship to those with Waec/NECO, it seems they're only admitting HND/BSC and Masters students across board..
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Akano5(m): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

30k monthly min wage cannot afford all those.

But just one hour of the poster minimum wage can afford almost all of those. grin

U can't defend the undefendable

The person you are quoting is probably earning above 200k. He is not a min wage worker

sure, he isn't.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:41am On Dec 03, 2023
Akano5:

I have checked it and it seems I'm getting something wrong.

I need those onces who offered scholarship to those with Waec/NECO, it seems they're only admitting HND students across board..

University of Gothenburg Axel Adler Scholarship in Sweden 2024 | Fully Funded
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Akano5(m): 9:44am On Dec 03, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

University of Gothenburg Axel Adler Scholarship in Sweden 2024 | Fully Funded

Thank you sir, I will made my research Asap

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2023
ClitRaider:

30k?!

NO no..

The govt should look into it.

The minimum wage should be N100k/month.
Thank you
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Smartguyboy(m): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2023
bejick:

why your own rich people and polithiefian not make available basic amenities so we can overlook their excesses, but no they still pocket all the money and send their children abroad while them too go for Medical tourism abroad too. Omo there is no comparison at all.

Because you choose to vote for the useless people take Tinubu as an example

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Panda7(m): 9:50am On Dec 03, 2023
bejick:

what is this one saying, you are really confused. Nigeria problem is messing up with your brain.

if things are too cheap in euro, my question now is what do euro really need to turn themselves to heaven since feeding and accommodation can really be afforded by an work??
and about nigeria problem, what exactly is your contribution to the betterment of the so called nigeria, or are you one of the idiot's who stays indoor all day around and expect everything to come to normality in an hour, or are your dump parents not smart enough to figure out what your problems are or send you directly to euro?.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by segyoms: 10:11am On Dec 03, 2023
Monthly bill takes the chunk of money...think about it...It's better than someone in Nigeria struggling...if you can find your way there...If you make millions monthly in Nigeria..stay oooo
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Lovechyld101(m): 10:20am On Dec 03, 2023
Magabush1:
Oga ,if you convert to naira, that's #14k in Nigerian currency . #14k can buy everything there and you will still have change

Hahaha see this Mugu when last you go market that Oil and chicken alone will finish the 14k not to add 1 or 2k for transportation.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Afolue(m): 10:21am On Dec 03, 2023
This is life of those days in Nigeria
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Basher8583: 10:21am On Dec 03, 2023
descarado:

Lots of things are very cheap in uk. The joy is you can get the expensive yet very good ones in charity shops if you know your onions. So you can literally furnish your house like a big man from charity shops. Some of the things there haven't been used but they are obeying the law of the land.
Also the so called bills are okay unless you are illegal who don't have a good job.
And you can still save a lot.

The problem with Nigerian is when they travel abroad, they want to show they have hammered and go on speedy credits. Big car,big mortgage,big everything all on credit. And then blame govt.
UK govt subsidised almost everything for her people cos they do not run capitalist economy.
Health is free. We don't add that at all.
We see that as our right. Very ungrateful people we are.

Even schooling. Govt is virtually sponsoring you in uni if you meet the requirement.

We are never satisfied.
Next April, an increment in minimum wage. How many times has Nigerian govt done that?

But you don jakpa na. Why are you still pained.

Leave Naija for we who want to stay.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Lovechyld101(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2023
sukkot:
that is too expensive for 10 pounds. 10 pounds is 15000 naira. HERE IN NAIJA THIS THE PRICE

bread 800
oil 1500
2 pasta 1000
chicken 3000
potato 1000
butter 1500
2 canned peas 1500
one baked beans 500
TOTAL 10,800 NAIRA. I STILL HAVE 5000 LEFT FOR A BOTTLE OF WINE 4000 AND SUYA 1000

KINI BIG DEAL ?

Lol you still living in Buhari Era wake up na Emilokan tinubu be this

bread 1300
oil 5000
2 pasta 1500, 750 each golden penny
chicken 1/half kilo 5500
potato 2000
butter 1500
2 canned peas 2500
one baked beans 700.

That’s 20000 Naira. Na PalmPay go borrow you money for wine and suya that’s if them never send them agent come carry you or post you as thief and fraudster for your contact.
I just wanna cook a kilo chicken this morning 3k2 Obrobo 3k4 see picture and that chicken I see there is close to 2kg or one and half kilo

2 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by reddingtonblack: 10:56am On Dec 03, 2023
AfahaAbia:
In the USA and UK foods is very cheap. Food there is nothing. Have you heard of food banks? They give food for free. I personally use to do dumpster diving in those days as a student (Google dumpster diving) come see fresh food na that people no longer need. My fridge was usually full with all kinds of foods... Light bill, water bill, etc that is the Koko! It's only in Nigeria I see so much surprise for things that are normal in other countries.

In Nigeria is Light and water free, do people not pay to get these things, maybe you should ask your neighbour how much bag of pure water cost

The good thing about Abroad is that you are in charge and can easily regulate your bills to fit into your per income, for instance the cable tv are pay per view and there are several transport options to suite your budget compared to Nigeria where everything is almost like an "organized EXTORTION" with lil or no options.
Someone living in a one room apartment can get a crazy nepa bill as high as 10k per month doesnt matter what your utility, No active regulatory body or consumer protection shouldn't that bogg you more instead of being surprise @ innocent Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by KingDash09(m): 11:12am On Dec 03, 2023
You are a liar
honour7:
It depends on the Job he is doing her in Nigeria we're i work, I only work 2hours a week and salary is in six figures
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by reddingtonblack: 11:22am On Dec 03, 2023
Magabush1:
Oga ,if you convert to naira, that's #14k in Nigerian currency . #14k can buy everything there and you will still have change

The point you missed is that, which job or class of people earn 14k per day in Nigeria

Nigeria minimum wage is 30k meaning wages per day is less than 2k, bread is now 1300
if i want to eat bread, tea and egg + sausage with pepper 2k no reach me.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 11:22am On Dec 03, 2023
And when you talk some agbado people will be saying what about tax. I keep saying if you are earning say $4k abroad and you know what you are there for you will always be able to save half of your salary even with the tax.. except you want go live flamboyant lifestyle. Now imagine saving or sending $1500 to $2000 every month for a project or investment
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by clockwisereport: 11:22am On Dec 03, 2023
Seun

I can't upload pictures on nairaland.

Wetin dey happen naah
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Fearyourcreator: 11:23am On Dec 03, 2023
Cruise777:
Rent and utilities na the Koko, not food

Even homeless people get free food
Lolzzz... Junks cheap die for that side ... Make the person talks about rent power and the rest
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Fearyourcreator: 11:24am On Dec 03, 2023
Westchester:

How about here where both feeding and rent is very costly? You pay for utilities here and you don't even get them lipsrsealed
Which utilities you dey pay... People go use something here no dey wan pay ...
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Fearyourcreator: 11:24am On Dec 03, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
some people dey live here for free no tax
Business no tax sef
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Fearyourcreator: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2023
Persephone1:
Food is cheap in UK and even USA... Try buying anything outside food then you will know Nigeria isn't TOTALLY bad.
See as I dey look them ...
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Fearyourcreator: 11:25am On Dec 03, 2023
Gadafii:
I saw the video and she still went home with small change in form of coin

Aunti japa people no go show us this one, imagine you work 8h, and you earned 40 per hr based on your skills or type of job, you will definitely live a decent comfortable live

Na people wey no get what to to over there when they japa always have it hard

That’s why it’s better you get a skill that is in demand over there, like plumbing, bricklayer, driver, carpentry, and many digital skills you can do
Sebi na only food you come life come chop...
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Fearyourcreator: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2023
descarado:

Lots of things are very cheap in uk. The joy is you can get the expensive yet very good ones in charity shops if you know your onions. So you can literally furnish your house like a big man from charity shops. Some of the things there haven't been used but they are obeying the law of the land.
Also the so called bills are okay unless you are illegal who don't have a good job.
And you can still save a lot.

The problem with Nigerian is when they travel abroad, they want to show they have hammered and go on speedy credits. Big car,big mortgage,big everything all on credit. And then blame govt.
UK govt subsidised almost everything for her people cos they do not run capitalist economy.
Health is free. We don't add that at all.
We see that as our right. Very ungrateful people we are.

Even schooling. Govt is virtually sponsoring you in uni if you meet the requirement.

We are never satisfied.
Next April, an increment in minimum wage. How many times has Nigerian govt done that?
Oga nothing is free , you all paying directly or indirectly...
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:31am On Dec 03, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Lolzzz... Junks cheap die for that side ... Make the person talks about rent power and the rest
Eggroll, meatpie, french fries, sharwama, burger, hotdog, club Sandwich and pizza when we dey chop here no be the same junk food too?

We dey see am here chop? Infact these days how many persons can afford these? Abegi
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Fearyourcreator: 11:33am On Dec 03, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Eggroll, meatpie, french fries, sharwama, burger, hotdog, club Sandwich and pizza when we dey chop here no be the same junk food too?

We dey see am here chop? Infact these days how many persons can afford these? Abegi

Buy yam , rice better food there na .. make you Sabi what's up
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:35am On Dec 03, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Sebi na only food you come life come chop...
Na wa o

So you dey justify the severe hunger and malnutrition arising from hardship and low standard of living the ruling class have subjected majority of Nigerians to ...

Are you saying that they don't deserve good quality balanced diet meals? Good nourishment?

Boss check yourself before you wreak yourself.

1 Like

Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Fearyourcreator: 11:35am On Dec 03, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Egg sef cheap here pass there
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:37am On Dec 03, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Buy yam , rice better food there na .. make you Sabi what's up
Even the yam and rice these days too are expensive.

Bag of rice nearly doubling min wage of 30k.
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Fearyourcreator: 11:38am On Dec 03, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Na wa o

So you dey justify the severe hunger and malnutrition arising from hardship and low standard of living the ruling class have subjected majority of Nigerians to ...

Are you saying that they don't deserve good quality balanced diet meals? Good nourishment?

Boss check yourself before you wreak yourself.
Who subjected you to poverty ... No go find work ... Na government go dey feed Una again... Epele Sir... Go buy yam rice there na... Person buy biscuits and spaghetti and yeye food Una dey shout... Buy better food make you know how much them dey sell am there
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Fearyourcreator: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Even the yam and rice these days too are expensive.

Bag of rice nearly doubling min wage of 30k.
Am saying its more expensive in their place than here... Na all this chemical foods dey cheap there ...
I bought a bag few days ago for 45k ... It's not doubling
Re: See What Someone Bought With An Hour Minimum Wage In The UK £10 by Hassanmaye(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2023
adecz:

Food is usually the cheapest
thing in most western countries.

The problem area na accommodation,
fueling, utilities, services and tax. They
are waiting for you at every turn. That's
why, the average Japa person needs to
keep several jobs to survive❗️❗️❗️

For 9ja, if you are street smart, you
can usually find your way round those
problem areas.

You can bypass NEPA lines, avoid taxes,
do hide and seek with your landlord and
go and be fetching water 🚿from the house
of the neighborhood big man that has
borehole🚿

You try any of those stuff abroad and
you find yourself in jail or you're homeless
on the streets..

Oyibo nor sabi abeg❗️❗️😁😁😁
that's why Tinubu wants to kill us with tax now because we don't pay

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Animal We Killed During Night Hunting / Fisherman Catches A Shark In Bayelsa Community (Pictures) / I Found Cockroach Inside Food I Got From A Buka (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.