Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments (32356 Views)

I'm A Fine Girl, I'll Get Married To A Fine Man So My Kids Will Be Fine - Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex. Man Laments / After All This Sufferings, One Girl Is Dragging Me To Shoprite - Man Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Trustedpronet: 2:36pm On Dec 10, 2023
It's a sign she is not seriously engaged with tedious activity
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by adieora(f): 2:37pm On Dec 10, 2023
People go just dey find trouble were trouble no rest. Oga,REST!!!
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Juniorangel(m): 2:39pm On Dec 10, 2023
Oga you don't have a problem at all... Just ordinary cartoon you are complaining, I swear you no get problem. Ask other married men their problems and compair to yours
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Whatisurproblem(m): 2:40pm On Dec 10, 2023
Wallade:

It is actually no big deal, she is young at heart.
hope enjoy a happy home, he's looking for how to destroy it. A beautiful woman who is young at heart is doing what she enjoy and he's complaining.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by aalangel(f): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2023
DyshApp:
A married man has anonymously taken to social media to complain about his wife’s addiction to watching cartoons with their children.

According to him, his wife was always excited to watch and sing along to the cartoon with their kids and she would narrate the stories to them if they missed them.

According to the man, something must be wrong with his wife. While admitting that she has not failed in her roles as a wife and mother to his kids, he reiterated his worry that he felt she should have grown past cartoons.

He appealed for help to fix the cartoon problem.

In his words:
"I feel like something is wrong, I don't really get her sometimes. She doesn't even watch the movies I want us to watch together unless I really encourage her. She acts like me not watching those their cartoons with them, I'm missing out on something great.

“My wife, 37 years old, enjoys watching cartoon even more than our kids. When I say cartoon, I mean animated movies.
Our first boy is 14 years old down to our last who is currently 4 years old.
They’ve turned the home into a cartoon home.
They are soo addicted, they sing their songs, do their dances and discuss those things all the time.

My wife at her age will be running as if something strange was happening and she forgets herself to be an adult sometimes.
I’ve tried to explain to her that I don’t really like it, I don’t complain because they are being happy but, I don’t understand my wife’s addiction. Even when the kids aren’t around, she’ll be watching animated movies alone.

Once they get home, she’s going to narrate all she watched to them and even demonstrate with actions some funny/emotional scenes.
I feel like something is wrong, I don’t really get her sometimes. She doesn’t even watch the movies I want us to watch together unless I really encourage her. She acts like me not watching those their cartoons with them, I’m missing out on something great.
Is there something I can do to help her? It’s somehow bothering me.

Kindly note that, she’s fully employed and still does her duties as a wife and a mother. I don’t have any problem on that side, I just feel she’s addicted to animated movies when actually, she has grown pass it.”

I DON'T LIKE CARTOONS!!
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by purples25(f): 2:42pm On Dec 10, 2023
Okay, you want her to be gossiping and discussing people with her friends. Also watching Nollywood, NTA, CNN and BBN. While wearing glasses, no doubt. She should wear big abaya with all those their rubbish designs and scarf and be snapping at the kids for not washing the plates or doing the homework. She should spread her legs while sitting and minding her business and be doing boss. Then add her duties as wife and mother, and you are okay.

Mehnnn...

Local man wants local woman. I don't know why some people see a beautiful thing and they want it even if they don't understand it. You don't understand cartoons or fantasy or anything like that, and now you can't tolerate it. You only understand that bland local life where dad goes to work, comes home and makes some unintelligible comments and drives the kids away to watch tv, and mom is only close to the kids via homework or food. Nothing truly deep and satisfying, as you will realize in elderly years, when you can't communicate with your kids.

This is super disappointing. You should romanticize every aspect of your life and deepen every connection.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by aalangel(f): 2:47pm On Dec 10, 2023
finallybusy:
People who grew up with cartoons never outgrow the habit. People who didn’t grow up with them never learn the habit. Maybe he was raised in the village or they didn’t have TVs when young.

I grew up watching cartoons and I thoroughly enjoyed It, but as I grew up, it fell by the wayside.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by justdogitto: 2:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
Sir, you're the problem, not your wife...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by 9jii(m): 2:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
Deogratiasfx:

You know when you don't have problems, the tiniest and insignificant things become a problem; that can even give u sleepiness night.
Thats why its good to be grateful at the slightest chance of favor in life.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by DCmaverick(m): 2:54pm On Dec 10, 2023
In my phone, the only movies u wil see is cartoons like x-men, justice league,avengers,teen titans,spongebob,tom&jerry,lots of them but mind u am no longer a kid o, am 18yrs old
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Mrsoft3(m): 3:03pm On Dec 10, 2023
I still watch cartoons even yesterday self
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by MasterTeeUSA: 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2023
Adults go to anime conventions here, wear their costumes and all...it's like a cult following. He should sponsor the wife to anime conference lol. Most of those cartoons teach life lessons and are devoid of bad energies and behaviors you learn in our movies. Most women now hate their laws because to Naija movies lol

DyshApp:
A married man has anonymously taken to social media to complain about his wife’s addiction to watching cartoons with their children.

According to him, his wife was always excited to watch and sing along to the cartoon with their kids and she would narrate the stories to them if they missed them.

According to the man, something must be wrong with his wife. While admitting that she has not failed in her roles as a wife and mother to his kids, he reiterated his worry that he felt she should have grown past cartoons.

In his words:
"I feel like something is wrong, I don't really get her sometimes. She doesn't even watch the movies I want us to watch together unless I really encourage her. She acts like me not watching those their cartoons with them, I'm missing out on something great.

“My wife, 37 years old, enjoys watching cartoon even more than our kids. When I say cartoon, I mean animated movies.
They are soo addicted, they sing their songs, do their dances and discuss those things all the time.

My wife at her age will be running as if something strange was happening and she forgets herself to be an adult sometimes.
I’ve tried to explain to her that I don’t really like it, I don’t complain because they are being happy but, I don’t understand my wife’s addiction. Even when the kids aren’t around, she’ll be watching animated movies alone.

Once they get home, she’s going to narrate all she watched to them and even demonstrate with actions some funny/emotional scenes.
I feel like something is wrong, I don’t really get her sometimes. She doesn’t even watch the movies I want us to watch together unless I really encourage her. She acts like me not watching those their cartoons with them, I’m missing out on something great.

Kindly note that, she’s fully employed and still does her duties as a wife and a mother. I don’t have any problem on that side, I just feel she’s addicted to animated movies when actually, she has grown pass it.”

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by dewiseacre(m): 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2023
Do you know that those cartoons engage your brain more than most Nollywood movies? From the cast, to the plots and story lines, to the technology and visual effects..and the songs..and all the resources expended on making those animated movies.

You'll be amazed how many things I learnt in this life from watching cartoons that weren't even mentioned once within the four walls of my academic institution(s)

Should I shock you? The animated movie industry in the US is bigger than the whole of Nollywood..

People with animated minds are the most creative people on the planet..you should be happy your wife belongs to this elite group!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by fitinwell: 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2023
DyshApp:

In his words:

Oga u are the over serious one here...

Nothing is wrong with your wife..
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by xxgig(m): 3:27pm On Dec 10, 2023
DyshApp:

In his words:

I’ve tried to explain to her that I don’t really like it,

[b]Kindly note that, she’s fully employed and still does her duties as a wife and a mother. I don’t have any problem on that side, I just feel she’s addicted to animated movies when actually, she has grown pass it.”

I love Cartons.
He should be glad his wife and. Children have a thing outside blood bonding them together.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by dododawa1: 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2023
Cartoon

Is better to

NIGERIA movies e.g prostituting ,blood money and village people instict, fake acting.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by wolesmile(m): 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am guilty of this too, I am afraid. Still waiting on second season of most of the animes to be loaded. lipsrsealed

Same here bro.
50, and still addicted to animated movies.
Though I love sci-fi and epics too, but see animes? I no dey joke with dem o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Ohuhunsulurep: 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2023
Hm na wah o, see the irony of life nah,
While me dey here dey wish to marry a cartoon watcher like me 😊😊

1 Like

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by bigiyaro(m): 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2023
This man is obviously a brain range limited black man, black on the skin, black at heart and even a black belle sef. While some wives dey strategize how to knack outside, yours dey busy with the kids and cartoons, you are complaining, if you like don't get involved with your kids now and bond with them, dey yarn bullsh**t dia, FYI go and check the person behind tom and Jerry, chech his age, check for Stan Lee too. Na matured and elderly adults like you dey do animations and making millions at the same time. Imagine making millions from making cartoons, what life can be softer than this?
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Spechialone(f): 3:39pm On Dec 10, 2023
I still watch cartoons...some of my favourite then were;
Flinstones
Sylvester and tweety
Scooby doo
Powerpuff girls
Dexter's laboratory...

I Never really liked
Courage the cowardly dog
Tom and Jerry( Tom gets too much bashings) lol
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by kay29000(m): 3:49pm On Dec 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That's actually the opposite of what has been observed by people across the world over. Children respect those who connect with them on a level close to their more than they do those who stand high and mighty above them in the name of being grownups. lipsrsealed

I have had the same exact experience with the kids I am in touch with. They relate and bond with me on a level that they don't share with their own parents. That is what bonding with your kids is meant to produce, isn't it? undecided

Nah! You're wrong. That guy is very correct. I'm someone that likes kids, and relate with the well but it comes with disrespect eventually. They can't help it.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by BadBradley: 3:51pm On Dec 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop telling Fables! undecided

Those animes are loved and painstakingly created every year by many grown men and women-- many of them now in their 50s/60s-- who also have responsibilities, some even more than you can ever dream of shouldering. Stan Lee, for example, continued pushing his comic dreams well into his 90s and he had responsibilities too. undecided

So stop hiding behind these useless tales typical of folks who are merely under-achievers with nothing but excuses to offer the world. undecided
see as you take that so personal as if he's comments hit your very core.

Whew!
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by kay29000(m): 3:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
Usmanovic95:

This might actually divides opinion tho. Based on my experience with kids my nephews and niece as case study.When you do and act like them, they will bond more with you but the respect they are naturally supposed to accord you will start waning. These kids will turn my room into their playground and mess it up simply because they know I won't act tough on them.Even though I love been around kids but I'm learning how to balance things up now.

Exactly!! That guy hasn't really related with kids. From my experience over the years with my nephew and nieces, the respect reduces, compared to an adult that doesn't play with them at all. It's a price I had to pay.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by coputa(m): 3:53pm On Dec 10, 2023
Cartoons are not only meant for children, adult watch cartoons too some interesting movies are depicted in cartoon format.
Leave your wife to enjoy her interest,and things that makes her happy...
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Dec 10, 2023
Error401:
my friend is 29, he watches anime till date, i think its about preference. I cant understand how a rich married guy at 29 would still be watching anime. The werey even influenced me to watch "attack on titans season 1-4"before the story became so complicated that I cant understand anymore. His favorite movies are anime and not the realistic like anime like mortal combat, it is the cartoon like anime
Attack on Titans complicated? You need help! undecided
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2023
israelmao:
There was one cartoon movie I watched long time ago I'm still trying to recall its title because it's very interesting,I am still checking out for it.It was about scientific experiment and inventions .Cartoons are usually interesting if you pay rapt attention.
Provide more details abeg!
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Venymen(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2023
Depends on the type of cartoon ,example
Rick and Morty, Simpsons,sharktale ,pinky and the brain 🧠,
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Blackdisciple(m): 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2023
Me wey senior your wife for age still dey watch cartoons till date and I will not stop cos there are meaningful cartoons one can watch and go away with some lesson learnt so no think am oga...
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2023
wolesmile:

Same here bro.
50, and still addicted to animated movies.
Though I love sci-fi and epics too, but see animes? I no dey joke with dem o.
Same with me too. Even those produced back in the 60s, I still dey watch to date.

I dey Aniwatch every week. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Elsueno: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2023
Konjiboii:
I enjoy anime, and I'm in my mid 30s
Heck I prefer watching animes than actual movies.
There are limits in movies but anime can go deep and dark and even have more visual effects than fake ass movies

grin grin Anime is life!!!!

I used to love anime & vidéo games...Now my intrest in video games is rapidly dwindling except for some top tier ones.

But u see Anime, manga etc...am afraid I would still be watching that thing for a very very very long time grin grin. Now IMAGINE having a wife who likes same stuff! like this woman d op mentions....Omoh our holiday vacation would mostly be in Akihabara in japan grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by mikmash(m): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2023
Better than watching the lack lustre igwe and princess nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Signs That She Is In Love. / 'Toto Dey Sweet' - Nigeria Police Officers Sing And Gyrate / Please Any Help On How To Enlarge The Penis (mine Is So Small & No Girl Wants Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.