Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments (32351 Views)

I'm A Fine Girl, I'll Get Married To A Fine Man So My Kids Will Be Fine - Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex. Man Laments / After All This Sufferings, One Girl Is Dragging Me To Shoprite - Man Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by victorazyvictor(m): 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2023
israelmao:
There was one cartoon movie I watched long time ago I'm still trying to recall its title because it's very interesting,I am still check out for it.It was about scientific experiment and inventions.Cartoons are usually interesting if ou pay rapt attention.

Explain it and I'll tell you the name.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by drerocker: 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2023
[quote author=DyshApp post=127383629]A married man has anonymously taken to social media to complain about his wife’s addiction to watching cartoons with their children.

According to him, his wife was always excited to watch and sing along to the cartoon with their kids and she would narrate the stories to them if they missed them.

According to the man, something must be wrong with his wife. While admitting that she has not failed in her roles as a wife and mother to his kids, he reiterated his worry that he felt she should have grown past cartoons.

He appealed for help to fix the cartoon problem.

In his words:
"I feel like something is wrong, I don't really get her sometimes. She doesn't even watch the movies I want us to watch together unless I really encourage her. She acts like me not watching those their cartoons with them, I'm missing out on something great.

“My wife, 37 years old, enjoys watching cartoon even more than our kids. When I say cartoon, I mean animated movies.
Our first boy is 14 years old down to our last who is currently 4 years old.
They’ve turned the home into a cartoon home.
They are soo addicted, they sing their songs, do their dances and discuss those things all the time.

My wife at her age will be running as if something strange was happening and she forgets herself to be an adult sometimes.
I’ve tried to explain to her that I don’t really like it, I don’t complain because they are being happy but, I don’t understand my wife’s addiction. Even when the kids aren’t around, she’ll be watching animated movies alone.

Once they get home, she’s going to narrate all she watched to them and even demonstrate with actions some funny/emotional scenes.
I feel like something is wrong, I don’t really get her sometimes. She doesn’t even watch the movies I want us to watch together unless I really encourage her. She acts like me not watching those their cartoons with them, I’m missing out on something great.
Is there something I can do to help her? It’s somehow bothering me.

Kindly note that, she’s fully employed and still does her duties as a wife and a mother. I don’t have any problem on that side, I just feel she’s addicted to animated movies when actually, she has grown pass it.”

Oga na u get problem
She does everything as a good wífe.
Why complainting .if u de watch match she no de disturb you.
Or if I may say u have grown pass d stage of matching ball.
I do watch cartton also n my wife.
Bros problem no de u hear.
Most women watch zee world,Nigerian dramas and Les cartoon.u are lucky oga she is a wife material,if u are tire of her watching carton block d station
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Justiceleague1: 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
@ op,abeg help me ask her when are they showing justice League cartoon,thanks .
If you wanna watch real action cartoon,try justice league or batman/ batman future 😎😎😎

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by drerocker: 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
DyshApp:
A married man has anonymously taken to social media to complain about his wife’s addiction to watching cartoons with their children.

According to him, his wife was always excited to watch and sing along to the cartoon with their kids and she would narrate the stories to them if they missed them.

According to the man, something must be wrong with his wife. While admitting that she has not failed in her roles as a wife and mother to his kids, he reiterated his worry that he felt she should have grown past cartoons.

In his words:
"I feel like something is wrong, I don't really get her sometimes. She doesn't even watch the movies I want us to watch together unless I really encourage her. She acts like me not watching those their cartoons with them, I'm missing out on something great.

“My wife, 37 years old, enjoys watching cartoon even more than our kids. When I say cartoon, I mean animated movies.
They are soo addicted, they sing their songs, do their dances and discuss those things all the time.

My wife at her age will be running as if something strange was happening and she forgets herself to be an adult sometimes.
I’ve tried to explain to her that I don’t really like it, I don’t complain because they are being happy but, I don’t understand my wife’s addiction. Even when the kids aren’t around, she’ll be watching animated movies alone.

Once they get home, she’s going to narrate all she watched to them and even demonstrate with actions some funny/emotional scenes.
I feel like something is wrong, I don’t really get her sometimes. She doesn’t even watch the movies I want us to watch together unless I really encourage her. She acts like me not watching those their cartoons with them, I’m missing out on something great.

Kindly note that, she’s fully employed and still does her duties as a wife and a mother. I don’t have any problem on that side, I just feel she’s addicted to animated movies when actually, she has grown pass it.”

Oga na u get problem
She does everything as a good wífe.
Why complainting .if u de watch match she no de disturb you.
Or if I may say u have grown pass d stage of matching ball.
I do watch cartton also n my wife.
Bros problem no de u hear.
Most women watch zee world,Nigerian dramas and Les cartoon.u are lucky oga she is a wife material,if u are tire of her watching carton block d station
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Nostradamu(m): 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
viyon02:
I do watch cartoon too, infact smart people watch cartoon.

LoL grin grin

Same here and i'm in my flipping thirties.

My take: most people have been certain traumas in their lives to the extent that the inly thing keeping them from acting out wildly is what I refer to as an "anchor".

An anchor for other people may be food, music, smoking, dancing, reading, fighting ... to the nth behavior.

Some are negative, other's are positive and socially accepted.

One of my anchors is cooking, and then watching documentaries and cartoons that I find mentally stimulating and very interesting.

I think you should just let her be. Most likely she'll outgrow it or life events will overtake and make her just dump it as fast as she started it.

In all, she seems like a fun person to be around.

Wish you guys all the best.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by warrifinest1985: 1:20pm On Dec 10, 2023
Like seriously? She is a kid in an adult body. So leave her alone let her do her thing as long she is not cheating on you!
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by thunderbabs: 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2023
You can't have it all. Something has to be off about your partner that you have to manage. grin
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by ahnie: 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2023
Let the woman breeve
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by MuslimIgbo: 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2023
viyon02:
Lol
Very dumb post.
Who told you that you're smart? grin
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by obembet(f): 1:25pm On Dec 10, 2023
U can not please man. Except u kill yourself
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by 9jii(m): 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2023
DyshApp:
A married man has anonymously taken to social media to complain about his wife’s addiction to watching cartoons with their children.

In his words:

People, kids with Big imagination enjoy and understand cartoon. Most of them have great sense of humor. Nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Olajide200(m): 1:27pm On Dec 10, 2023
You should be happy and not complaining. I what way does her watching cartoon with your children affect you negatively? People have more serious problems. Yours is nothing at all

1 Like

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Deogratiasfx: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2023
If she is employed and does her duties as mother and wife, why been bothered about what makes her happy? Pls sir, for the sake of peace and sanity, leave her to watch what makes her happy.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by ariesbull: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2023
GO0DHardDick:
Cartoons such as Zootopia, Coco, Moana, Luca, ant bully etc are by far more meaningful and interesting than Nigeria Nollywood.

I love Moana and Toy Story
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Alba3: 1:30pm On Dec 10, 2023
Is she always like that? If not, she's the type of parents that bring themselves to the level of their kids' in some instances, mentality and experience what they love. It brings a lot of trust and closeness among them; the husband can never understand this except he joins them to watch sometimes. She will outgrow this just like the kids also.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by brownish0: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2023
SHE IS LASST BORN grin
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by frozen70(f): 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2023
DyshApp:

In his words:

Children will make sure you don't change their cartoons station there by forcing you to watch along with them

To me what she is doing is not wrong

Besides watching cartoons as an adult makes you find your self in children's world
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Yemaya: 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2023
Is this actually a problem please let’s swap problem please
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Chizigreat(m): 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2023
What It Takes To Become An Overcomer

Apostle Joshua Selman.

Listen And Remain Blessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQgtobL3Ndc?si=BKoUErHxDyIejRu1
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by ekitimanalways(m): 1:31pm On Dec 10, 2023
DyshApp:

In his words:

It is completely normal, bro! Besides, Cartoons are watched and enjoyed by all ages. These cartoons make your wife laugh and her stress is relieved. A happy woman makes a happy home.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by uuzba(m): 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2023
viyon02:
There's cartoon and there's anime.
Anime is the one that is a bit more realistic. Targeted to adults.
Cartoon is the nonsense ones like Tom And Jerry
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by ibawon(m): 1:33pm On Dec 10, 2023
I downloaded Toy story, Aladdin, Lion King, Shrek, Cars, Ice age. So I and my kids can watch good animation movies I enjoyed in my childhood.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by maxiart2(m): 1:34pm On Dec 10, 2023
narite:

Yeah! People with huge imaginations and love to drown themselves in fantasy.

As an artist, I do.watch them too. Sometimes, I get inspiration on what to create while watching them. However, addiction is not that good.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by epainos: 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2023
DyshApp:

In his words:

You are a funny man. You better join them. cheesy

Man sees a peaceful homes...amd still dey complain. Na waoooo!
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by 89green: 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2023
Oga, u have no case, m 34 n watch mostly animations plus cartoons and documentaries, not those dirty fake movies with nude pple doing nonsense.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by iPresh4s(m): 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2023
Cartoons are nice.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by NoToPile: 1:38pm On Dec 10, 2023
Raya and the last dragon is what we were watching before I left the parlor now.
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by YeyeGbami: 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2023
viyon02:

people don’t know. you fcking right
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by Krexpah(m): 1:40pm On Dec 10, 2023
Grizzly and the lemmings carton even if I turn 50
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by YeyeGbami: 1:41pm On Dec 10, 2023
epainos:

You are a funny man. You better join them. cheesy

Man sees a peaceful homes...amd still dey complain. Na waoooo!

As in i weak, if na me i go subscribe all cartoon content for them. Make dem just dey enjoy their life, wey wahala no dey
Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by sylve11: 1:43pm On Dec 10, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
I love watching cartoons. But as I grew older, I realize my responsibility as a man and I had to slowly give up binge watching cartoons... .

The same here. cool

1 Like

Re: My Wife Watches Cartoons More Than My Kids At 37 Help! - Man Laments by TK9680: 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2023
I'm 50 and I watch cartoons passionately. I've worked at 3 banks and run a successful business both here and Canada.
I subscribe to DC comics and one of the highlights of the week are the new editions. I'm also an avid reader.
I'm perfectly normal, in good health and happy.
I have 3 wonderful children from 19 to 14 who also watch Bakugan etc. Don't watch those ones but Tom and Jerry etc are ok.
Count yourself lucky that your wife has something makes her happy. Please I beg you, don't interfere with that happiness. Olorun mo fi be e

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Please Advice!! My Elder Sister Is In A Dilemma Right Now / Man Proposes To His Woman At An Eatery In Lagos (pix,video / 'Toto Dey Sweet' - Nigeria Police Officers Sing And Gyrate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.