Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? (15806 Views)

Besides Money, What Else Does A Lady Find Interesting In A Relationship? / What Is That One Thing You Bring Into A Relationship?? / Besides Money Many Nigerian Men Have Absolutely Nothing To Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by ExudeLoveToAll: 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2023
When you take money out of relationship what else is remaining? That's the biggest contributor to any relationship, with it most relationship will die a natural death. Whoever brings money already brings more than 70 percent of the relationship, all other attributes has 30 percent.

5 Likes

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by rickleye: 2:06pm On Dec 11, 2023
Uyi2017:
Let's put money aside, what else is your guy bring into your relationship?

Besides money the following
1. Leadership - On average men are better leaders.
2. Authority & discipline - ask kids on average who are they afraid of more ?
3. Protection - never heard of gang of female robbers. A man offers protection.
4. Security - many families rely on the man’s income. A lot of woman prefer to be home managers.
5. Love and Affection - Despite what feminism brings , it cannot be replaced with vibrator . Vibrator can’t say “ I love you dear “ or makes love to you the way you want .
6. Companionship - he that findeth a wife finds a good thing . So that you don’t spend your later days alone.
7. Encouragement - You need it … we both need support when the world decides to frown on us. You need someone to pick you up when you are down.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Starboytwo(m): 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2023
Ponran!!
Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by 1Sharon(f): 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2023
GreatAchiever1:

His faith in God.

His Vision.
His Leadership.
His Protection.
His Love.

That's all I can think of for now.

Yup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Dec 11, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ His faith in God. His Vision. His Leadership. His Protection. His Love. That's all I can think of for now.
What you described is a man who is an eejit! undecided
Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by reddingtonblack: 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2023
Uyi2017:

I won't conclude on that cus there are marriages that even with money, they still gall apart

Asides Money, a man can bring emotional support, security in real sense and class to woman's Life.

Married women are given more respect than single ladies in our society, who no want Respect.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by adaugo59216: 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2023
Make I come dy go Make I come dy go ...
Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Uyi2017(m): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Asides Money, a man can bring emotional support, security in real sense and class to woman's Life.

Married women are given more respect than single ladies in our society, who no want Respect.

Now you are talking
Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Uyi2017(m): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2023
rickleye:

2. Authority - ask kids on average who they are afraid of ?
4. Security - man families rely on the man’s income. A lot of woman prefer to be home managers.
5. Love and Affection - Despite what feminism brings , it cannot be replaced with vibrator . Vibrator can’t say “ I love you dear “ or makes love to you the way you want .
6. Companionship - he that findeth a wife finds a good thing . So that you don’t spend your later days alone.
7. Encouragement - You need … we both need support when the world decides to frown on us. You need someone to pick you up when you are down.

May the oil on ur head never runs dry

3 Likes

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Greatzeus(m): 6:11pm On Dec 11, 2023
Uyi2017:
Let's put money aside, what else is your guy bring into your relationship?

Besides money? What else in the world is beside money? After money is money,and money and more money, don't play, you'll learn .

1 Like

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Offkey: 6:48pm On Dec 11, 2023
He brings money,affection,time(2 minutes)😂😂😂
Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Uyi2017(m): 7:16pm On Dec 11, 2023
[quote U_12230817671318 cheesy cheesy cheesy post=127432141]
Besides money? What else in the world is beside money? After money is money,and money and more money, don't play, you'll learn .[/quote]

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Be calming down grin grin
Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Samsunny99: 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2023
Dickoledion
That's what men can give
Hitting it hard
So they scream harder harder harder
What else do you wish for

1 Like

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2023
kkins25:
hahah... If I start they troll now, no complain oh cheesy cheesy
😔😔

1 Like

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by adewale408: 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2023
Check my own. Check my own. ...
Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by pansophist(m): 9:59pm On Dec 11, 2023
If you examine kids that grew in a two-parent household, a single mom household or a single dad household, the kids that grew up with their mum alone are the worse performer in all areas of life compared to the rest.

Prison is filled with them, the poorest neighbourhood, gangs, and those who just hate life. The absense of strong men was the reason behind how bad things turned out for those kids, and their mother also.

Only a person that doesnt have a strong father figure will think that mens usefulness ends only with cash.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by pansophist(m): 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2023
A household without masculine leadership is like bank without security.

Forkboys will come, fake prophets also, the boys will grow not knowing what a man is, and the girl will grow not knowing what love from a good man looks like. Every masculine attack will mostly hit target, because femininity cant defend against masculinity.

Only masculinity can defend feminity. What a monster fears the most is another monster, not a good woman. An evil man will fear another man, not another woman.

I have a friend who didn't grew up with her father, and I see how she suffers relationally. Although she says she likes good men, but in reality, she fall for the worst kind of men.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by iamsense(m): 2:32am On Dec 12, 2023
Never in my life have I heard such a dumb question. Some humans don't deserve phone and data

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Uyi2017(m): 4:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
iamsense:
Never in my life have I heard such a dumb question. Some humans don't deserve phone and data

You think it's a dumb question?

Read through the comment to see how distorted the views of some people.
Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
pansophist:
A household without masculine leadership is like bank without security.

Forkboys will come, fake prophets also, the boys will grow not knowing what a man is, and the girl will grow not knowing what love from a good man looks like. Every masculine attack will mostly hit target, because femininity cant defend against masculinity.

Only masculinity can defend feminity. What a monster fears the most is another monster, not a good woman. An evil man will fear another man, not another woman.

I have a friend who didn't grew up with her father, and I see how she suffers relationally. Although she says she likes good men, but in reality, she fall for the worst kind of men.

CaveAdullam:
I know OP belongs to the camp of "it goes both ways. It's vice-versa. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander".

You all think that inter-sexual dynamics are words and synonyms. Anyway, your topic even proved it wrong.

Back in the hunter-gatherer's days exchange wasn't based on fiat. Here was how women benefitted from men and even up till today.

Being married or in a relationship:

1. Brings the woman respect from all and sundry. It separates her from the girls and puts her in the league of women regardless of her age.

2. Placed the woman on the same level as the man. A peasant girl can become a queen because of her marriage to a king.

3. Extends the hands of the man to her immediate and extended family. For protection and provision. Strongmen are a sought-after species of humans.

4. Protects the woman from danger and predators. That's why women don't like weak men. Because women are weak and need a stronger force - masculinity to protect them.

5. To help her do difficult work. Men can do all women's jobs. But not vice-versa.

So, if by chance she comes across difficult work, her husband or spouse is there to help her.

6. Family name. Women don't bear their husband's name for nothing. A name associated with status is an identity that sets her apart when she steps outside.

7. She can decide to be nothing. But having a man will grant most of her desires. You've heard of "stay-at-home mum or full-time housewife, right?"

8. Reproduction is expedient for both. However, a man can cater for a woman and her child. And not vice-versa, else, chaos in the family.

Even in the absence of money, the man ought to defend them. Thereby extending the lineage of the woman.

9. Men bear the burden of proof. There is hope that a man can become a recognizable force, and he must work hard because it's expedient for him.

It's not to prove society right, but that a man feels worthless when he is at the bottom of life - lacks power, authority, and resources.

Nobody expects anything tangible from women. Only let her be gentle, kind, and feminine. Unfortunately, these are characteristics of nice guys who are tortured by women and men.

Being with the man will compel him to do and become better, which benefits her too.

10. The presence of a man in a woman's life proves her feminine power. The woman who isn't able to "tame" a man is a woman who will suffer shame ridicule, and bullying.

Summarily: a woman can't be strong enough for herself. The man is her stronghold and defense.

Thanks.

rickleye:

2. Authority - ask kids on average who they are afraid of ?
4. Security - many families rely on the man’s income. A lot of woman prefer to be home managers.
7. Encouragement - You need it … we both need support when the world decides to frown on us. You need someone to pick you up when you are down.

The ladies trolling on this group suddenly disappeared and scattered

Magnoliaa, Folake4u and Persephone1

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 4:36pm On Dec 12, 2023
Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Magno liaa, Folake 4u and Persepho ne1
Lol sometimes I ignore egoistic male responses especially ingrained ones whose level of knowledge/ articulation failed to hide.

The question says " What else can a guy bring aside money" one would expect to see lists, I mean convincing short and concise points unfortunately I am forced to read articles on "Why women can't live without Us"

Lol please count me out of this discourse, I am in a very GOOD and JOLLY mood grin grin

T for Thanks grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Magno liaa, Folake 4u and Persephone 1

If you had sense like Caesar or even as a man who rose to becoming an Emperor, just one-tenth of the senses of the historical men you admire, you would know that that is exactly the point of 'trolling', if at all that was what we were doing. Who cares?

When I made my comment, was there any meaningful comments?

And even after they've made their comments, what exactly should I come and do??

You're lucky we did not come back to "trolling" for any reason, because for me as a person, I am sure there are many reservations I'll hold about their submissions if I go through it. But if I engage them on it, if they are not calling me unintelligent, they are calling me emotional in response. Any opinion that does not echo all they've said is nonsense. So why should I be like y'all attention-seeking asses who try to create arguments where there's none?

You should be thankful you people's thread is peaceful and uneventful. Imagine if the question was thrown to the ladies (which I would have even found demeaning), and imagine what levels of cyberbullying would have been happening if a woman said what any of those guys said.

I would have been called a talkative, too, if I wrote anything remotely as long as Cave's response. I just saw one point attacking feminism and talking shxt about vibrators up there sef grin.

But I should go and give myself headache and respond.

Please, please, please, don't be mentioning me back to things like this again, I take God beg you. Borrow yourself b***n.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:09pm On Dec 12, 2023
Like imagine. 🤣

Iru oro katikati wo niyen na?

"Despite what feminism says, a vibrator cannot replace a man."

Which feminist scholar, in what feminist book was it written that vibrators can, and should replace men? Which feminist 'thought leader' actively encourages women to dump men for vibrators --as a feminist act?

Abi cococandy, you're not seeing what I'm seeing? Come and help me o.

These people will create arguments out of their asses and start debunking it, and go away claiming "they've totally floored those feminists" lmaooo.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Lol sometimes I ignore egoistic male responses especially ingrained ones whose level of knowledge/ articulation failed to hide.

The question says " What else can a guy bring aside money" one would expect to see lists, I mean convincing short and concise points unfortunately I am forced to read articles on "Why women can't live without Us"

Lol please count me out of this discourse, I am in a very GOOD and JOLLY mood grin grin

T for Thanks grin

Persephone, ehn. 🤣🤣🤣

It is you that even has a way of articulating your points. It's admirable. I did not realise it until I read this your response, and I can put a finger to it now. I just knew there was something off about the guys' responses, especially if you contrast it with the kind of responses women will give.

If women answer this question, most of them will frame it as if they're auditioning for the men; the men are answering now, and still they're still framing it as if the women should audition for them.

I recall I have seen your response(s) on question threads like this, too, and you're right. Your replies never come across as if you're doing anybody a favour or something by being in a relationship with them.

Abeg, na real mood killer being called back here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Persephone, ehn. 🤣🤣🤣

It is you that even has a way of articulating your points. It's admirable. I did not realise it until I read this your response, and I can put a finger to it now. I just knew there was something off about the guys' responses, especially if you contrast it with the kind of responses women will give.

If women answer this question, most of them will frame it as if they're auditioning for the men; the men are answering now, and still they're still framing it as if the women should audition for them.

I recall I have seen your response(s) on question threads like this, too, and you're right. Your replies never come across as if you're doing anybody a favour or something by being in a relationship with them.

Abeg, na real mood killer being called back here.
Thank you for the compliment jare... I take am with full chest and pride because it's from you smiley smiley .
You are right these guys are yet to master the art of articulation. There's a difference between writing and articulation, most of their responses gives the impression that their thoughts are everywhere. Long talk dey make person misyarn grin grin Cave started the misyarn grin grin grin . At some point I stopped reading and went on to Pan grin Lol that was when I vex commot thread... Why the permutation and combination? Question reads A, my guys are telling me how Z is connected to A. Kilode? grin grin . It's because nah them sha... If it were to be Luminouz he for don hear am from me grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy I for drag am reach Ogbomosho abi Oyo today grin grin grin

Lol Men are the PRIZE according to them so them suppose respond that way nah grin grin grin. Any other way will make them seem like they are "selling" themselves. Lol They don't want to tell us "I get containers on seas, I be importer exporter, I be caring and gentle guy" like they do offline grin . They have to package and make themselves indispensable grin Katikati. I hope redpill no go cost them sha grin cheesy. Nah them type dey fail interview. Life is not hard nah grin grin

Likeeeeeeee thank you oOoOO. The truth is no one is doing anybody a favour, you both decide to do life together. No matter how loaded you think you are there will always be someone better out there. The fact that you are choosen doesn't mean you are the best but the most appreciated. That's it! Nobody should feel high and mighty, las las with all one think he or she has, you may not be able to love that person right and still have to break up. So what's with the ego? Abegggiii

Sorry I brought you back... Nah our bros cause am grin I think Rickleye gave a balanced opinion though, what do you think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2023
kkins25:
I remember my neighbor back in Naija; the community council was about to sell a nearby land and were re-measuring lands in the area, including ours and my neighbor. Let's call her mama Gloria. Mama Gloria, is a widow with two daughters.

when the community folks came, every house hold men had come out to defend their land, except, of course, mama Gloria. She came out to defend herself, but, she was a woman amongst men. At the end of the day, they took a little portion of Mama Gloria's land, claiming that she had built into the land next to her.

Later that evening, I heard Mama Gloria tending to her backyard farm speaking to herself, mostly grumbling. The words that made ingrained that day into my head was "it's because I don't have husband."

If you live in a society where traditions of old are still clinged to and you're a woman, a man will be your greatest asset. LIke most other women, mama Gloria was employed and was able to single-handedly raise her two daughters through school and even higher education. She was also a farmer, who managed several plots of land worth of farm produce. She was not an average woman, even then, as aggressive as she had become, in the presence of aggressive men, she was still shut down.

Ladies in the city have no clue what women in the rural areas go through, and therefore cannot fathom why women desperately want to cling to their fvcking abusive husbands. It's either that or homelessness and shame.

In today's society, Nigerian society, where women earn 77% less than men, men still hold all the bargaining power. So, what do men bring to the table is a ridiculous question to ask you man, knowing he's most likey way more richer than you.

I think we make the mistake of using western society's data to analyse our situation which is a gross misrepresentation of relationship dynamics.
So I had to read this after i was brought back by emperorceaser.

Lol in all, men enjoy the privilege of being men in a society created by men to make men important not necessarily what men contribute but because men are men and they make the rules . grin

Interesting grin

Even if una no add value, women have no choice but to accept you. I'm jeloxz! cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Any other way will make them seem like they are "selling" themselves. Lol

That's it!

They don't want to 'sell' themselves. They are not even personalising it. No 'I'm a gentle guy, I'm caring guy, I am the best support partner. I'm considerate. I pay attention to details.'

Na so so authority, masculinity, order, strength person dey see. Is that tender loving care? undecided

They will be doing as if our forefathers have not been there and done that, and as if relationships where the man shows all of those "hard" stuff turn out well than one with intimacy and friendship. No, really, life no be war na. Who also cares what was happening in the olden days? And, say marriage long nor mean say e sweet na.

Okay, you believe women are more to the emotional side, and that is how you want to be relating with them? Who doesn't also like to be emotionally cared for? Rather than change the way they approach relationships, they'll rather blame women for their being "unlovable" or say they are not meeting their standards.

Let me just assume they are saying all these for the boys sha. Godspeed to them in their offline relationships, if any.

2 Likes

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2023
Sheybi una wan see trolling and female responses ni grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Sorry I brought you back... Nah our bros cause am grin I think Rick leye gave a balanced opinion though, what do you think?

Na that one worse pass. I swear!!

Which Rick leye? Which one? The same one for this thread abi where? 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2023
Persephone1:
Sorry I brought you back... Nah our bros cause am grin I think Rick leye gave a balanced opinion though, what do you think?

Don't even get me started, girl. 😂😂

Make I just dey like this.

1 Like

Re: Besides Money, What Else Can A Guy Bring Into A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 12, 2023
Magnoliaa:

That's it!

They don't want to 'sell' themselves. They are not even personalising it. No 'I'm a gentle guy, I'm caring guy, I am the best support partner. I'm considerate. I pay attention to details.

Na so so authority, masculinity, order, strength person dey see. Is that tender loving care? undecided

They will be doing as if our forefathers have not been there and done that, and as if relationships where the man shows all of those "hard" stuff turn out well than one with intimacy and friendship. No, really, life no be war na. Who also cares what was happening in the olden days? And, say marriage long nor mean say e sweet na.

Okay, you believe women are more to the emotional side, and that is how you want to be relating with them? Who doesn't also like to be emotionally cared for? Rather than change the way they approach relationships, they'll rather blame women for their being "unlovable" or say they are not meeting their standards.

Let me just assume they are saying all these for the boys sha. Godspeed to them in their offline relationships, if any.
Tender loving care? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Does the average Nigerian guy know Tender? Loving let alone Care grin grin grin It takes a level of emotional intelligence (positive intelligence) unfortunately this is not present in average Nigerian guy's genetic and societal make up rather more focus is placed on the negative/stoic emotional intelligence which after careful analysis turns out to be unintelligent. The fact that one is not moved by tears or lack empathy doesn't make one emotional intelligent. But trust our redpill brothers to twist things grin grin . Back to point, demanding Tender loving care is going extra for the Nigerian guy, it's a deliberate effort to be that attentive. It doesn't follow them come so if you want it, you may have to nurture and teach them. It's not their fault either. So I'm not surprised seeing military zone qualities flying everywhere on the thread grin

See ehn... Sometimes I wish all of them strength and muscle. They will be alright. Like Poco would always say and I have finally come to terms with, "focus on the man that matters" . God will be with everybody grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Users React See Boobs Everywhere, Girl Stripe Unclad In Hilarious Fight / What Are The Advantages Of Not Falling In Love? / Xvideos Really Getting Out Of Hand!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.