Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? (9644 Views)

Men Are The Cause Of Moral Decadence & Indecency In Our Girls Today / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by countryman13: 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
It's the parents! Impacting morals starts right from when a baby is sucking, crawling, learning how to talk, walk n so on! These things happened absolutely under the supervision of parents during our days unlike now that U see two months old baby under d supervision of teacher who has his or her own palava for house and at the end of the day, parents will be expecting miracle not gotten at home from such teacher. Children can be well trained properly before adolescence stage when they can hardly differentiate good from bad.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by matm: 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
Parents .

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by 1Nairaboy(m): 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2023
You said it, "Some parents are known to support the child when he goes wrong. Some parents go to the extent of harassing teachers for flogging the child at school. This encourages the child to do even worse things. At home, the child does bad things and the parents support him, so that he will not take offence. Some do not care to flog the child who has done something wrong, so that he won’t die, thereby sparing the rod and spoiling the child. This is as it should be". Teachers play their role while most parents fail at their responsibilities. The legislature will not perform the function of the Executive. Some teachers can impact these roles if given all the full responsibility but they don't have that role and responsibility. Imagine I'm a Maths teacher, I should be only responsible to make you learn Maths, other subjects likewise. If i'm teaching you Maths and you are making noice or not participating and I can not take action on you because of ur parents then let's all play it nothing serious just vibes. Moral behaviour shld very well be treated by parents and not by subject teachers, so work will be more easier for teachers
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by emmamajesty: 3:38pm On Dec 13, 2023
I will first of all blame parents because they have all it takes to give their childish best training the blame then blame society for not good enough to keeps their environment and lastly blame the government who the society has given power to govern them and to provides all the best guidelines for an effective government
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by rajiedreez: 3:39pm On Dec 13, 2023
Everyone has a hand in it
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Pootle: 3:40pm On Dec 13, 2023
all of them
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by revolt(m): 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
Who goes to school to fight teachers for beating their kids?? Say it loud
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Vinnie2000(m): 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2023
Parents, esp our Mothers. undecided

You will see Mother's watching those Sexual Comedy skits on their phones and their children hanging on their shoulders, watching. sad

While some mother's even teach their Little Daughters how to wear Make up. sad

We have Hook up and Olosho Girls as Mothers diz Days. sad undecided
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by jrusky(m): 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2023
Parent, religious leaders and the last straw of societal bad influencers called Obidients anuofias.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by boxypane(m): 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2023
The parents precisely. If you consider your child a human with a bright future, you will bring them up in ways they shall not depart from. But opposite is the case now. Some parents are even the ones encouraging their children's to partake in crime.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by RadicalYoutman(m): 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=127463095][/quote] You have not mentioned the youths !!! They are responsible for themselves

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by achimendy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 13, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=127463095][/quote]

As far as society is concern, we have different agents of socialization when bringing up a child. First on the list is family,secondly school, peer group influence, and media etc. All this agent have their role they play in the upbringing of a child, be it good or bad. But the strongest of them all is peer group influence, if you're not discipline you'll fall for it.

But the number one who's to blame is the useless nigerian government .

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Unbreakable26(f): 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2023
Parent
because the early you discipline your child for bad behaviour the better the future of that hild
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by jiz: 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
Youths
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 3:47pm On Dec 13, 2023
The moral decadents themselves and their families,most especially the parents. The morally decadent has a choice between good and evil, and the free will to make decisions which can make or mar him or her.
The parents have the precious responsibility of training the child to be upright and responsible, and above all to be godly.They are meant to teach the child to be cultured, and behave well in association with others both within the home environment and outside.
But unfortunately many parents are neglecting the moral upbringing of their children, allowing them to behave as they like.Many are too busy pursuing their business careers and money making,to properly guide, monitor and inculcate good morals in their children, leaving them to the mercy of negative social influence both from friends and the social media.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by mukthar2000(m): 3:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
Blame this 2 for moral decadence among the youths.

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by kasim155: 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2023
Parents

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by HellVictorinho6(m): 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
Blame the parents n the school management

I remember when I was serving, I was posted to a school n there I realize teaching is modern day slavery

The parents who never have time to monitor their wards will always blame d teachers if the students fail

The school management don’t care about d teachers, the only care about d students whom they see as customers

Teachers must not touch any student no matter how rude or indiscipline he is cos the school doesn’t want to lose customers

At the same time the students must not fail even if he doesn’t write anything in d exam, na private school I hear of double upgrade

The students on d other hand knows for sure that if they fail the teacher will b blamed so they don’t care so far there’s a teacher to blame

That’s d main reason I pity teachers a lot especially those in private school

The school management doesn’t like u
The parents don’t like u
The students too don’t like u

Teaching is modern day slavery

Please always endeavor to help a private school teacher around u, many of them are suffering but they dare not say it

Am one of dem trying 2 quit that private shit

Can u help me with 2k? cry
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by bentenny(m): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2023
Firstly,Parents are to blame!
Parents are primarily responsible for the nurturing of their children by providing them with the basic necessities of life!
If you cannot adequately cater of your children spiritually, mentally and financially due to your busy work schedule or lack of knowledge about raising your offspring,then there is simply no point giving birth to them in the first place just to satisfy societal pressure!

The rest are secondary because charity starts from the home front!
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by matm: 3:52pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jeon:
Environment is the main teacher.

Even if the kids are been brutalized by the parents to have a morals ,they will still be astray if they wanted to .Thanks to friends, neighbors, peer groups, television, books e. t. c which made up a physical Environment. [remember a person that chose to be useless will be useless no matter the metal hands that was used].

So all those parents didn't teach this and that to children is just a cheap talks.

So kids should be born, left alone and watched to grow with no training or discipline just like sheep and goats to become whatever they choose

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Avast(m): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2023
Parents

You gave birth to the child, hence he or she becomes your responsibility. Not the responsibility of the teacher.

Teacher self gets hin pikin to look out for.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2023
Moral decadence is only prominent among non Muslims.True morality is taught through Islam.The Quran lays the foundation of measures for what's right and wrong.
May Allah guide us all.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by TYCO77: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Jeon:
Environment is the main teacher.

Even if the kids are been brutalized by the parents to have a morals ,they will still be astray if they wanted to .Thanks to friends, neighbors, peer groups, television, books e. t. c which made up a physical Environment. [remember a person that chose to be useless will be useless no matter the metal hands that was used].

So all those parents didn't teach this and that to children is just a cheap talks.

Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.(Proverbs 22:15)

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Lucasinho(m): 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jennyclay:
Men undecided

Especially fathers!!

Especially, your father.

Look at the way he raised you waywardly angry

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by HeatSeeker(m): 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
Moral decadence is only prominent among non Muslims.True morality is taught through Islam.The Quran lays the foundation of measures for what's right and wrong.
May Allah guide us all.

You have no idea how morally corrupt you Muslims are. The ones I have seen and interacted with are another thing entirely, you will only know they are Muslims during Ramadan. Leave talk jare, this matter cuts across board.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Chetas81(m): 3:59pm On Dec 13, 2023
PARENTS OF COURSE, SINCE HELL PARENTS BEGIN TO KILLED TEACHERS FOR THEIR CHILDREN, THOSE ELERIBURUKU PARENTS WILL FACE HELL FROM THEIR OWN CHILDREN YEARS TO COME, SEE KIDNAPPER'S AT YOUR DOORSTEP
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2023
The whole world is crazy

I dont think i have dwindling morals or whatever that means tho

Others can speak 4 themselves
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by vonlogon: 4:01pm On Dec 13, 2023
sofeo:
The Family is the basic institution in any society, even the teachers came from one family or the other.

I agree with you on this. But not now that children leave for school by 6:30 am and come back by 5:00 pm. If parents consider the amount of non academic influence the teacher has on their kids, they won't allow schools keep them beyond 2pm. But then we are too busy.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by kaywon: 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2023
Nigeria, it's the government
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Jewessgratitud3: 4:02pm On Dec 13, 2023
'll say the parents because training starts from the home. If your child lacks good and solid upbringing , he or she will be easily influenced by the other factors and society at large. That is why the Bible says " train up a child in the way he should go and when he grows up he will never depart from it ".

The right upbringing goes a long way in determining how a person will turn out in life.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by bewla(m): 4:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jennyclay:
Men undecided

Especially fathers!!
What of the mothers thats supposed to do the parenting till the enforcer is call which is the dad

Don't bitmy child mentality this generation carry for head
Especially the mothers

The will go to school to fight teachers for only trying to correct there child

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by benjaminlawson(m): 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2023
Please let count teachers out of this, have we not see a situation where parent take tugs to schools to go and beat up the teacher that discipline their children. Teachers have become a laughing stock for students, parents and society and even government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can U Marry A Lady That Has A Child / Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? / Wife Says She Has Retired From Sex.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.