Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? (9475 Views)

Men Are The Cause Of Moral Decadence & Indecency In Our Girls Today / Is My Mom To Blame For The Irresponsibility Of A 26 Year Old lady? / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by rafcrown(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2023
Society generally In the olden days when you do something bad ,playing truancy,having bad friends etc the neighbours will pass the information to appropriate quarters.Nowadays even those doing Yahoo Yahoo are being encouraged by the rotten society.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by enemyofprogress: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2023
How many hours do children spend in school with their teachers? Compared to what they spend at home with their parents? That should answer your question.

Mynd44 abeg prepare eba and okro soup for me. I'm seriously hungry
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by VaginaAcademic: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
The rebellious youth
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by sallazlee(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jennyclay:
Men undecided

Especially fathers!!

Are you serious at all?

Just a question

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by thedio(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2023
I agree with u. Parents r to be blamed. Imagine parents paying for special centres for their children to pass external exams

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by bamirotola: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=127463095][/quote]

Mothers!! The trend of modern women's gives birth to an toxic generation.. feminism kicked more women out of marriage believing they can raise kids by themselves, an average of street boys, hoes , thugs and uncultured generation are a result of single parenting basically those raised by women. Women raise kids with emotions and fails to teach kids the necessary morals to navigate life, kids from broken home has nobody to emulate, they are denied the lesson of how to love and respect each other in marriage , how to engage in conflict and resolve without getting physical with words , how to maintain standard and discipline .. these are the voids created of children lacks fatherly attention and care.

Products of single parenting especially baby mamas do not grow to respect and value men , do not grow to respect the law and norms of the community, and if you make a mistake of marrying such , 99% chances are the marriage wont survive.

Women focus more on the glamour of the wedding day rather than the future of their home, they fail to respect the sanctity of marriage and leave their role to covet the role of men in a home , that's why we have failed marriages ..

As a woman , it is your responsibility to marry and settle down with a responsible man that's why God have you the gift of choice , if you open your legs for an obvious irresponsible man and you bring an innocent soul into your toxic world , you are responsible for whatever the children grow up to be. Arnold shwazeneigher separated with his wife and they took one each of their sons, go check the son the mother raised and the man Arnold raised , you will clearly understand what I mean.

Men it is your responsibility to get a good mother for your kids , do not put your rod in any hole .

Additionally, broken homes are often cited as a contributing factor to the moral decay among the youth. Children who come from broken homes may lack the stability and support needed to develop strong moral values. The absence of one parent or a lack of positive role models in the home can leave children vulnerable to negative influences and behaviors. It is believed that if broken homes were less prevalent, the youth would have a better foundation for developing strong moral character.

Summarily 90% of the societal problem are from children raised by single mothers and broken home, let us fix the institution of marriage and watch the world get better

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by sallazlee(m): 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
Blame the parents n the school management

I remember when I was serving, I was posted to a school n there I realize teaching is modern day slavery

The parents who never have time to monitor their wards will always blame d teachers if the students fail

The school management don’t care about d teachers, the only care about d students whom they see as customers

Teachers must not touch any student no matter how rude or indiscipline he is cos the school doesn’t want to lose customers

At the same time the students must not fail even if he doesn’t write anything in d exam, na private school I hear of double upgrade

The students on d other hand knows for sure that if they fail the teacher will b blamed so they don’t care so far there’s a teacher to blame

That’s d main reason I pity teachers a lot especially those in private school

The school management doesn’t like u
The parents don’t like u
The students too don’t like u

Teaching is modern day slavery

Please always endeavor to help a private school teacher around u, many of them are
suffering but they dare not say it

You nail it bro
Private school teacher na scam

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by jetson06: 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2023
RELIGION

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by geoworldedu: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
Resetinc:
The society , social media, nonsense musical lyrics & videos , Naira Marley , Big brother show, etc….

If you people know what we parents go through to bring up these kids,,, if you know the heartbreak and sadness we feel when our kids turn wayward, ,,, you won’t be mentioning parents at all, we are the first victims of this issue..
i dont see how any of these things should be blamed. I heard all these songs too and watched movies or shows, but i still remained undecayed. So i think it is the youths themselves. If you want to be good you will be good no matter what is going on around you.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by SweetDipBenny(m): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2023
Government has reduced most people in this fvckin country..
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by salem1996: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2023
None, OP let me ask you. If there's an uncovered cistern/ well and someone of youthful age falls inside in the day time because he was operating his phone, would you blame his teacher or parent?
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by vickydevoka(m): 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jeon:
Environment is the main teacher.

Even if the kids are been brutalized by the parents to have a morals ,they will still be astray if they wanted to .Thanks to friends, neighbors, peer groups, television, books e. t. c which made up a physical Environment. [remember a person that chose to be useless will be useless no matter the metal hands that was used].

So all those parents didn't teach this and that to children is just a cheap talks.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by dododawa1: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2023
Environment

Poverty

High institution

Artist e.g film industry, musicians (portable, Do ritual Naira Marley , trouser no bet.)

AND

Government ( stealing human right).
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by vickydevoka(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jeon:

Even if the kids are been brutalized by the parents to have a morals ,they will still be astray if they wanted to .Thanks to friends, neighbors, peer groups, television, books e. t. c which made up a physical Environment. [remember a [b]person that chose to be useless will be useless no matter the metal hands that was used].[/b]

So all those parents didn't teach this and that to children is just a cheap talks.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by rockyh(m): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jeon:

Even if the kids are been brutalized by the parents to have a morals ,they will still be astray if they wanted to .Thanks to friends, neighbors, peer groups, television, books e. t. c which made up a physical Environment. [remember a person that chose to be useless will be useless no matter the metal hands that was used].

GOD bless you for the simple truth.

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by correctguy101(m): 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2023

The write up continues saying "Some Parents" in many of the examples yet concludes that parents should be blamed?

Abeg, if you've ever had a child, especially one that seems to be innately stubborn and resistant to the molding of a parent, you'll understand nothing is ever one way.

Not to say some parents don't contribute to this issue, one can't totally throw blames on parents. It's totally inappropriate.

I've never hidden the fact that I was bred in the streets of Lagos in the 80s and 90s. I've seen children who left home at a age you'd be shocked, just because the parents are stopping them (mostly with serious quarrel and I've seen those who were trying to calmly discipline their children) from living in ways that are currently frowned upon by society....

Many things contribute to the moral decadence and what not . I could just say the environment but that's not anything specific. So, I'll tell you the way I tell my little girl.

"I've experienced ups and downs and been dealt worse cards. But all that does not matter. What matters is my response and attitude. And whatever that might be, I'll be very willing and ready to face the consequences, whether good or bad. I'll simply just deal with it as it comes. Small girl, remember this is just your old man. Find your own and live and deal with it. "

I never knew writing this in English will sound so sweet😆
Na pigin English or my dialect I dey use talk to my little girl... No wonder English dey sweet African man like ripe pawpaw...

Smh

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by wealthyvic1: 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2023
[quote author=madridguy post=127463125]Government. [/quote

BITTER TRUTH IS MANY PARENTS THIS DAYS ARE FAILURE WHEN IT COMES TO PARENTING.]
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Tetraozonaitera: 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2023
In Igbo land it's their parents and their Ezes.
They push and push their children so much that coming to the village during Xmas is a shame for who ever don't come with enough money. They even openly shame them during family gathering.
They don't care how their children get the money.
What matters most is to bring money home. Come and make their parents PROUD grin

In Yoruba land it's mostly peer group pressure.
Yorubas teach their kids to be moral. They believe in a good name is better than silver and gold. grin
In Igbo land silver and gold is better than a good name. grin

The Hausas both their Quranic teachers and parents are responsible. They raise Almajiri and Boko-haram.

Nobody should quote me please. I need to take a nap. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by tobeGod: 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2023
The parents should be blamed, if your parents do their home work very well and your friends parents didn't raised your friend well which in turn becomes your peer group; before you know it you will start learning the bad morals from him/her. So if all the parents can be able to do their jobs well judiciously and religiously, we will have a much better society.
Just imagine our youths of these days around us, you will only wonder the type of parents they will be
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2023
Alot on our parents....
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by OctavianAC(m): 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2023
Jennyclay:
Men undecided

Especially fathers!!

Who do you now blame for decadence of value within the church, where our practical Jesus and early Christians did practical miracles, bcuz Jesus said greater things than these shall you do, and today we are only reading across the greater things as though we are reading novel without knowing how to apply the practical aspects?

Men, yes of course. But the Hebrew word for man/men is âdâm which means human being/beings, the entire human species or mankind.
And there, the assembly of them which you belongs to. Or where do you belong to?
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by delkuf(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
For me I blame the government. If the government of Nigeria have made Nigeria a better place, it would have been else to discipline a child. You want to discipline a child and you are living in face and slap you kind of house, come discipline make I see you. A parents that cannot provide for there children, would accept whatever the children do or wear
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by NAC1666: 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
Tinubu
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by pek(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2023
Parents.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:18pm On Dec 13, 2023
terrezo2002:
Everyone born of a woman comes with a sinful nature. No one teaches you how to steal, kill, hate, fight, envy etc. This is as a result of a fallen nature. ..

That is not correct!

We are born "tabular rasa" meaning that everything we know came by learning.

Till tomorrow people learn to steal, kill, fight.. FROM CLASSMATES, FRIENDS, NEIGHBOURS, ENEMIES, MOVIES, ETC.

So do not mix up ability to sin with a soul who loves sins aka sinfull nature.

And 98% of what a child knows comes from learning. So it is first the parents fault because they are the first and dominant teachers of a child
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2023
delkuf:
For me I blame the government. If the government of Nigeria have made Nigeria a better place, it would have been else to discipline a child. You want to discipline a child and you are living in face and slap you kind of house, come discipline make I see you. A parents that cannot provide for there children, would accept whatever the children do or wear

Discipline will start from the parent for a disciplined parent would still transfer their discipline to their child even in poverty.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by terrezo2002(m): 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That is not correct!

We are born "tabular rasa" meaning that everything we know came by learning.

Till tomorrow people learn to steal, kill, fight.. FROM CLASSMATES, FRIENDS, NEIGHBOURS, ENEMIES, MOVIES, ETC.

So do not mix up ability to sin with a soul who loves sins aka sinfull nature.

And 98% of what a child knows comes from learning. So it is first the parents fault because they are the first and dominant teachers of a child
You are not too correct my friend. A child that no one taught to bite, will bite you if he/she wants to hurt you. The child already knows how to inflict pains on people without being taught. Same way they express other characteristics.
Before Adam and Eve fell, it was natural for them and their offsprings to live holy. But after the fall, they expressed their new fallen nature.
A heart not surrendered to the control of God will go wayward.
The sure way not to fulfill the lusts of the flesh is to live according to the spirit.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by simply22: 5:34pm On Dec 13, 2023
sofeo:
The Family is the basic institution in any society, even the teachers came from one family or the other.
Absolutely right.
The family is the first/primary environment. Others are secondary.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by blowjohn(m): 5:37pm On Dec 13, 2023
Artists.
Igbo( weed) and all forms of drugs.

Stupid boys be immitating artists with gay ass hairstyles and wear earrings all about; looking dirty whilst wearing boxers in the streets.

The homes are already broken cos the economy has made parents slaves to money and not masters to their children.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Winneepye: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2023
We are in a technology age raising good children us cumbersome. Also, bad things have become so attractive it takes a lot of self discipline to remain morally upright.
Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by Jozilinn: 5:51pm On Dec 13, 2023
Goodnewsforlife:
Blame the parents n the school management

I remember when I was serving, I was posted to a school n there I realize teaching is modern day slavery

The parents who never have time to monitor their wards will always blame d teachers if the students fail
Hi
The school management don’t care about d teachers, the only care about d students whom they see as customers

Teachers must not touch any student no matter how rude or indiscipline he is cos the school doesn’t want to lose customers

At the same time the students must not fail even if he doesn’t write anything in d exam, na private school I hear of double upgrade

The students on d other hand knows for sure that if they fail the teacher will b blamed so they don’t care so far there’s a teacher to blame

That’s d main reason I pity teachers a lot especially those in private school

The school management doesn’t like u
The parents don’t like u
The students too don’t like u

Teaching is modern day slavery

Please always endeavor to help a private school teacher around u, many of them are suffering but they dare not say it
How did you know what's on my mind, your opinion about the children doesn't matter just what their parents wants matter, if you talk you are automatically fired🔥🔥 imagine a child getting 2 over 60 and he or she is in jss1 if you look at the age he or she should have been in basic 4 but no the parents wants the child in this present class now how do you expect me to handle that type of issue.

When you're working in a private school you don't even have time for yourself yet you are never congratulated, appreciated or even taken as a living thing.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? by noob03saibot(m): 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2023
thedio:
I agree with u. Parents r to be blamed. Imagine parents paying for special centres for their children to pass external exams
This is the height of it all. It's sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Are Superior To Her / My Uncle Has Been Kidnapped / The Fruit Of The Womb: Lamentation From A Married Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.