Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland (7792 Views)

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Why The Tribalism against the Igbos? / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Acidosis(m): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2023
The fact that tribalism thrives best on your platform makes you an enabler.

That being said, you've never been a fair player in this game. I used to be a huge fan of religious section until I saw through your unfair games against Christians. Instructing people to swear with the qoran or in the name of Muhammed before posting is very tactless and lawless.

There is no reason whatsoever why Christians shouldn't have a dedicated section on this forum. You can't give Muslims that privilege because of Islamaphobia (whatever that means) while turning a blind eye on Igbophobia. You are an enabler. Quit the pretence.

10 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by cococandy(f): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2023
Nairaland problem is more than tribalism. It checks off the box on every type of bigotry there is in the world. Be serious about curbing them and see your forum progress like it’s international counterparts.

8 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by cococandy(f): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2023
As in eh. That one made me side eye him

Acidosis:
Instructing people to swear with the qoran or in the name of Muhammed before posting is very tactless and lawless.

5 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Iziquiel(m): 10:27am On Dec 30, 2023
OmoFiditi:

You are not tribalist..

But you allowed tribalistic mods like Mynd44 to mess up this site for you..

I have seen him yank off most anti-yoruba threads within split seconds, then peeps into anti-Ibo threads opened by the likes of tribalists like Legendhero and seunmsg and then runs away from those anti-Ibo threads without shutting it down. He allows the threads to fester to 20 pages sometimes.

Mynd44 is pro-APC (I have no problem with that), but there is a thin line between being anti-Igbo and pro-APC on this site, his bias was always clear and he did it with an in-your-face confidence like he owned the site.

You can consider making moderators go through elections, before they are allowed to serve.

You only mentioned Legendhero and seunmsg but intentionally left out the monikers of tribalists from your region.

Las las na hypocrisy go kill most Nigerians. You should have mentioned the monikers of tribalists from your region just as you did others if you were a sincere person. The condemnation should be across board not one sided.

As a neutral, I dey enjoy the banters and nobody should cry fowl here on this space, after all we know those who started this whole thing.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Northernblood9(m): 10:30am On Dec 30, 2023
HugeElephant:
The tribal warlords have always been majorly from the south East. It's like those people are being paid and dedicate their lives to it. Always creating threads to taunt the other tribes in Nigeria. And attacking people that question their lie peddling and high level bigotry.

It was so bad at a point they said the whole northern Nigeria was an uneducated poverty ridden tribe.
During "Eid" Arewa twitter showed them true wealth. Not some drug pushing or baby factory wealth.

Seun and mynd44 will claim that He didn't see this one of course. After "Nairaland is under staffed" is a good excuse to allow such madness

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Acidosis(m): 10:30am On Dec 30, 2023
cococandy:
As in eh. That one made me side eye him

Same here o. Very annoying

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by DesChyko: 10:30am On Dec 30, 2023
Front0lane:
The only thing me I know is that you are the most foolish monkey I have ever encountered n that is coming from a Yoruba.

Make God punish me the day I meet you one on one and I do not tear your father dirty slap.

You sha enjoy seeking attention. Just the other day, you were insulting people for not commenting on your thread. 😁🤣

Na wa for you o

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by emmancipated(m): 10:30am On Dec 30, 2023
You want to address tribalism, and still dragged tribalism into it.

Why mention regions?

Pass your message without naming any tribe or region, state the ways you want to work on curbing tribalism on your platform and not appointing accusing fingers.

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ereolamide: 10:32am On Dec 30, 2023
Who are those who ran to twitter to celebrate the temporary shutdown of nairaland?

Who are those calling out myd44 to be banned?

Who are those crying all over Nigeria that they're persecuted?

Look no further for the tribalists with their cancel culture.

They'll only be happy if they've an upper hand in any conflict either tribal or political.

Any statistics released that do not favour their bias is false irrespective of the body that published the information.

Ogbeni Seun nothing do your forum, are there no tribalists on Twitter or Facebook.

Viva Nairaland

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by DaTruths: 10:32am On Dec 30, 2023
HugeElephant:
The tribal warlords have always been majorly from the south East. It's like those people are being paid and dedicate their lives to it. Always creating threads to taunt the other tribes in Nigeria. And attacking people that question their lie peddling and high level bigotry.

It was so bad at a point they said the whole northern Nigeria was an uneducated poverty ridden tribe.
During "Eid" Arewa twitter showed them true wealth. Not some drug pushing or baby factory wealth.

Arewa show who true wealth?

Outside from embezzled money their elites have, which other money?

6 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Feldie: 10:32am On Dec 30, 2023
Prigidypogodo:
bro that's a lie
a capable mods will stamp out tribalism in less than 48hrs
if you give someone like me mod in politics section in less than 48hrs if you see any single tribalist here call me bastard.
it's that easy.
it's just that we lack neutral mods that tactically enables those posting his views and tribalism nature.
he shield them and ban those that opposes them.
Seun knows these mods.
they'll be quick to delete the report you complain about those posting what they like so other neutral mods will not see it and ban those people that he aligns with their posts.
this is nothing but the truth happening here.
I wish Seun will listen to us.
by stamping out tribalism you mean banning all the people that will respond to you so you and the tribalists from your side can reign supreme right?
Abi no be you post these?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by FlawlessKarl: 10:33am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun this was the handwork of your tribalistic mod Mynd44 who banned my friend Anigreat in October 2022 and the ban will expired in 2024.

What did my friend do?

He fired back at those APC thugs here who insulted peter Obi

Did he deserve the ban?
Honestly he didn't, if he should , then the ban shouldn't have been that lengthy. Who banned someone like that for a mere political banter if not an evil sadistic mod. What happened to warning ban, one week or at most one month?

Did Mynd44 served other defaulters the same ban length?
He never did Seun, and you're here saying this and that , and blaming south east and forgetting how your biased and tribalistic mod is doing more harm here than good. Seun continue allowing one sided Mynd44 to moderate your site, so that you'll come to blame the easterners for being tribalist.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Prigidypogodo(f): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2023
Feldie:
by stamping out tribalism you mean banning all the people that will respond to you so you and the tribalists from your side of the divide can reign supreme right?
Abi no be you post these?
I'm a changed person
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ereolamide: 10:35am On Dec 30, 2023
I have never seen an abusive thread either by legendhero or seunmsg. Their topics are always educative and informative.

The facts these guys churn out is like poison ivy to those who are calling them out.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by DaTruths: 10:36am On Dec 30, 2023
aljharem:
@Seun. It is unfortunate that you have not read the handwriting on the wall.

I have been here since the inception of Nairaland and had my fair share.

These SE tribalist are IPOB and ready to destroy your business. Smell the coffee already and stop being a weakling.

They use different user names to stir up tribal issues and are a cancer to the society.

Ban anyone with tribal inclination on any topic and watch tribalism reduce.

These people are revisionist and wicked and it is just a matter of time they destroy all you stand for.

They are the same from GRV to IPOB

FreestufNG and LoeDeking
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by maasoap(m): 10:37am On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Seun if you want sanity returned to Nairaland you would have to sack some of your TRIBALISTIC moderators

You’ll see your moderators taking sides on politics threads and banning anyone who doesn’t agree with his views

I no wan mention him name but I believe we all know him

When APC supporters attack people who doesn’t support una Tinubu and the attackers fires back they’ll rush to tag him boom you’re blocked

But that particular mod never ban APC supporters

We all mustn’t support Tinubu and till your mods understand that then tribalism will always prevail

You are one of the tribalists they're talking about.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Acidosis(m): 10:38am On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:
Who are those who ran to twitter to celebrate the temporary shutdown of nairaland?

Those who have been banned in an unfair manner, e.g. Acidosis, a middle belt man.

Plateau state indigenes. Local government areas where over 180 Christians were murdered and burnt like asun on Christmas eve.

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by DaTruths: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2023
Ogilinsaka:
Seun, first things first.....

Remove mynd44 as a mod on politics section. Assign him to another section.

Ban leodking from your Nairaland for life. If he uses a new account ban him also. You can tell his comments cos they're always very vicious and lethargic.

My 2 cents to you...goodluck

Be like that Leo guy comment dey pain many people, the guy is too anti igbo.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by lilachiever(m): 10:39am On Dec 30, 2023
Blaming people under you for your lack just shows the kind of person you are.

For a million naira pay, I won’t consider working for a boss like you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by masseratti: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:
Seun if you want sanity returned to Nairaland you would have to sack some of your TRIBALISTIC moderators

You’ll see your moderators taking sides on politics threads and banning anyone who doesn’t agree with his views

I no wan mention him name but I believe we all know him

When APC supporters attack people who doesn’t support una Tinubu and the attackers fires back they’ll rush to tag him boom you’re blocked

But that particular mod never ban APC supporters

We all mustn’t support Tinubu and till your mods understand that then tribalism will always prevail
so that's why you all went to go and report the forum. To be shut down right? Seun I don't know why your mods can't use another moniker to air their views.. When a moderator starts airing his or her views, that's no more moderating. That's taking sides.. My suggestion seun is that so that your MOD can do their jobs and no one will think it's full of bias, let them use another moniker to be Mods or use another moniker to air their views.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by marsman: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2023
HugeElephant:

Lmao, have you forgotten the BBC exposè about how IPOB recruited people, bought systems and phones for them to be spreading propangandas online. Where do you think those rats are now?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ereolamide: 10:41am On Dec 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Those who have been banned in an unfair manner.

Plateau state indigenes. Local government areas where over 180 people were murdered and burnt like asun on Christmas eve.

Plateau people are the people crying over xenophobia attacks in Lagos, Akure, South Africa, Ghana and Kenya?

Your deductive reasoning is questionable.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Aloof: 10:42am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.

Check my profile, I don't engage in tribal banters here.

But i can say for certain that if strict measures are not taken, the tribal slurs won't reduce.

I know many monikas from both sides of the region that engages on tribal dragging often.

Regardless of how ambiguous they would want to make their comment be, provided it has tribal undertone, that person should be banned for at least one week.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Acidosis(m): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2023
Ereolamide:

Plateau people are the people crying over xenophobia attacks in Lagos, Akure, South Africa, Ghana and Kenya?

Your deductive reasoning is questionable.

Stop exhibiting criminal tendencies. Below are your exact words. No addition, no substraction.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Balonatic: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2023
Maybe you should look into volunteers, this will actually helps in achieving your aim and also,cost efficient
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ereolamide: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2023
What I want Seun to really work on is the misogyny on nairaland.

Stupid statements like Nigeria girls are usless bla bla bla.

10 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by MrBanner(m): 10:43am On Dec 30, 2023
Oga Seun, I would like to nominate myself and OdewaleAdesoye for the Job, sir.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by 9jaBloke: 10:45am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.

I'll help FOC. The tribal posts are embarrassing.

Please vet all volunteers to ensure that they've been here long enough to get the memo and they've not posted anything tribal.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ereolamide: 10:47am On Dec 30, 2023
Acidosis:

Stop exhibiting criminal tendencies. Below are your exact words. No addition, no substraction.

How many states in Nigeria are plateau people crying over persecution? I don't know why you think basic comprehension is criminal?

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by GeneralOjukwu: 10:48am On Dec 30, 2023
FlawlessKarl:
Seun this was the handiwork of your tribalistic mod Mynd44 who banned my friend Anigreat in October 2022 and the ban will expired in 2024.

What did my friend do?

He fired back at those APC thugs here who insulted peter Obi

Did he deserve the ban?
Honestly he didn't, if he should , then the ban shouldn't have been that lengthy. Who banned someone like that for a mere political banter if not an evil sadistic mod. What happened to warning ban, one week or at most one month?

Did Mynd44 served other defaulters the same ban length?
He never did Seun, and you're here saying this and that , and blaming south east and forgetting how your biased and tribalistic mod is doing more harm here than good. Seun continue allowing one sided Mynd44 to moderate your site, so that you'll come to blame the easterners for being tribalist.

Hahaha. Seun this is Anigreat's alternate handle.

Check Anigreats entire post history, its full of abusing Yorubas because they are his superiors and will forever be grin.

His post history shows that whoever banned him is correct.

In fact you being an alternate moniker, your profile should also be banned.

You kept posting repetitive posts insulting Yorubas and Tinubu, how has that helped you now ? grin 8 more years of Hot salty delicious tears.

E pain am grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ajibade123(m): 10:48am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

Hi we had a discussion the other time on Twitter
I am still open to being a moderator

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Greater Port Harcourt / OSUMENYI Town......politics And Economy / Nigeria At 61: President Buhari's Independence Day Speech (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.