Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland (7800 Views)

Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora / Why The Tribalism against the Igbos? / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by when2(f): 9:51am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.

You can recruit me.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by TheFacelessMan: 9:52am On Dec 30, 2023
grin

They came for Seun's head.

Dude doesn't know he's being manipulated.

Gaslighting mission accomplished.

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by masseratti: 9:52am On Dec 30, 2023
Wow, oh well may God give you the strength but know surely we'll you can't satisfy everyone, I can't count the number of times Tundeednut account on Instagram had been pulled down that he had to change his name, same for omokri.. If not for the fact that Twitter is much more lax about banning people than other foras,.
That said the new set if mods you are going to get now please monitize them and set your rules for them.. I noticed that some Mods had monitize this your forum.. Am not sure it's just an imaginary suggestion that they do collect money here and there to promote irrelevant things to the front page, the front page is the flag page of your forum, there ought to be news current news fast other topics fast on the front page.. But alas Nairaland.com this days is the last to always get latest news in town on its front page.. You need to work on that.

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by aswani(m): 9:53am On Dec 30, 2023
Prigidypogodo:
bro that's a lie
a capable mods will stamp out tribalism in less than 48hrs
if you give someone like me mod in politics section in less than 48hrs if you see any single tribalist here call me bastard.
it's that easy.
it's just that we lack neutral mods that tactically enables those posting his views and tribalism nature.
he shield them and ban those that opposes them.
Seun knows these mods.
they'll be quick to delete the report you complain about those posting what they like so other neutral mods will not see it and ban those people that he aligns with their posts.
this is nothing but the truth happening here.
I wish Seun will listen to us.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. Even if Seun employs a million full time mods today, they would not have been able to cope with the post election and pre-Cloudflare levels of foolishness on here.

Just as you are claiming a mod is biased against people that share your opinion, other people
that don't share your opinion are doing the same. Bring a mod is a thankless task, I wouldn't do it for all the money in the world.

You know things have reached uncontrollable levels when people are explicity boasting that they have multiple monikers, people are using monikers that are insultive to Seun himself never mind the insult he gets.

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Okoroawusa: 9:53am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun, I personally believe that you don't owe anyone any explanation. If you like recruit a thousand people it will still not stop tribalism, tribalistic insults and other biases on Nairaland. Why? Some people are just plain tribalistic.
Truth be told the whole tribal thing took a turn for the worse during and after the 2015 election cycle. The south easterners started it and I was shouting that we were going down a dangerous path. It was made worst with the advent of Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB. Now even the nationalist Yoruba monikers like seunmsg that used to soak it all up are becoming tribalistic more and more. Moreso after the 2023 election.
Anyone accusing you of tribal sentiments is just being mischievous because we are all witnesses to your efforts to rein in the tribal tides with threads just like this one in the past.
Nairaland serves a purpose of accommodating individuals who take delight in holding views that they otherwise can't hold in public or other fora. Seun, you can only moderate but I will advise you allow these guys tire themselves out.
The Yorubas and the Igbos are like two lovers that pretend to perpetually be in dispute but can't do without each other.In Nigeria, they are the tribes with the most marriages between them.
Bro, adopt siddon dey look like me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Goodday90(m): 9:53am On Dec 30, 2023
SirBunky85:
let me tell you for free that, I'm Igbo but,I can swear that my people started all these attacks on anything APC or Yoruba. Even most of the radio stations in ABA and umuahia were all castigating Tinubu and the APC .just take a look at the way,they insulted Prof.Soyinka simply because he said that Obi didn't win but,they forgot that same Soyinka supported Obi during the elections.
let me tell you for free that, I'm Yoruba but,I can swear that my people started all these attacks on anything LP or Igbo Even most of the radio stations in Ogbomosho and Ilesha were all castigating Peter Obi and the LP .just take a look at the way,they insulted Chimamanda simply because she said that Tinubu didn't win but,they forgot that same Chimamanda supported Tinubu during the elections.

8 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Prigidypogodo(f): 9:53am On Dec 30, 2023
simpleseyi:
I never believed that Seun will have time to address idiots and nincompoops. It's a waste of time
don't worry a new mod will handle people like you

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Ogene001: 9:53am On Dec 30, 2023
Debunking tribalist allegations with more tribalistic post. Guy go and rest

8 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Front0lane: 9:55am On Dec 30, 2023
The only thing me I know is that you are the most foolish monkey I have ever encountered n that is coming from a Yoruba.

Make God punish me the day I meet you one on one and I do not tear your father dirty slap.

Seun:
I would like to address the allegations on Twitter about tribalism on Nairaland or that I am some kind of tribalist, because I was told that not addressing them means that they are true.

The more extreme variants of that claim are being pushed primarily by south-eastern tribalists who feel that south-western tribalists have the upper hand on Nairaland in their battles with each other.

Whenever they are banned after breaking rule 2 of Nairaland, they will go back to Twitter to lament about how Nairaland is against their tribe and how I'm personally working against them.

I urge you to disregard any accusation against me or against Nairaland if the accusers cannot prevent hard evidence to support their claims. These people make things up, and people just believe them.

For avoidance of doubt, I have always been a supporter and admirer of south-eastern people. I will never have any tribalistic bone in my body. I am a human who views people as humans first.

The micro-kernel of truth in the mountain of lies is that Nairaland is under-staffed. The staff I have do not moderate as efficiently as I want them to. They also struggle with following my instructions.

So if you go to Nairaland looking for tribalism, you will find it in certain areas, just as you will if you search Twitter for tribalism, because of people whose main business online is tribal trolling.

However, I want Nairaland to be better than Twitter. I want to improve the consistency of moderation on Nairaland. For this reason, I am in the process of recruiting more people to help.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Localemperor: 9:55am On Dec 30, 2023
PoloG:
Seun is falling for igbo gimmicks.

they are calling you tribalists because they are at the receiving end.

why them nor call zukerberg or musk tribalists too as the wotowoto sef reach there? grin

we love nairaland as it is.

Igbos are a cursed people who like to always play the victim card. They will bring hatred but want you to love them in return.

yoruba is not fulani you were insulting anyhow during buhari tenure.

If you bring hatred, you get hatred promax grin grin grin

Let me go back to twitter and insult igbos the more jare grin grin
as long as Yuroba skulls are being mined on a daily, no problem cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Dpharisee: 9:56am On Dec 30, 2023
AqualinaXYZ:

Seun I know this my post will be deleted by that one of your particular mod that drinks black bullet on Twitter

If you’re not tribalistic how can you keep a mod like Mynd4 abi wetin be him name

That guy is doing more harm to you than good

Enough said if you like delete my comment I just told you truth many people won’t tell you so if you want a solution then allow users review stand

He spent time roaming around Twitter whilst Mynd44 and his cohorts were busy destroying his website for years with bigotry, attacking non APC supporters and banning them while giving special status to the likes of manabbqgrills, LeoDeKingg, omenkă, helinus, legendheroine, FreeStuffs etc who spend endless amounts of time spewing tribalism and bigotry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by thunder74(m): 9:56am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

I can assist pro Bono. You know my stand on united Nigeria irrespective of our religious and tribal diversity.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by fx45(m): 9:57am On Dec 30, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
Seun a lot of people have said band those that alter tribalistic comments good but it will work if you regulate the multiple accounts
1. Gold account: if you need to post comments immediately the account is opened with certain amounts to be paid above #3,000.
2. Standard account:if you need to post comments it takes a week #3,000.
3.Regular account: it's should be minimum of two weeks
By then the fire to gaslight the situation will have gone down and this will control the ways a person will have more account to derail, bullies and scams others
Seun these are the saboteurs you should be wary of. This one's intention is to kill and bury Nairaland completely.

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Dpharisee: 9:57am On Dec 30, 2023
tempest01:
Even in your rebuttal, you are throwing tribe around. South east this, south west that.
He further exposed what he was trying to cover grin grin
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Prigidypogodo(f): 9:58am On Dec 30, 2023
PoloG:
Seun is falling for igbo gimmicks.

they are calling you tribalists because they are at the receiving end.

why them nor call zukerberg or musk tribalists too as the wotowoto sef reach there? grin

we love nairaland as it is.

Igbos are a cursed people who like to always play the victim card. They will bring hatred but want you to love them in return.

yoruba is not fulani you were insulting anyhow during buhari tenure.

If you bring hatred, you get hatred promax grin grin grin

Let me go back to twitter and insult igbos the more jare grin grin
with your begging opay account
hahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by id911(m): 9:59am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

I can't build such a forum and allow some mods try to destroy it. Nairaland has done a lot of damage to Nigeria due to the actions of some mods here. No content moderation or is deliberately ignored.

Our tribal differences have now widen unlike in the past. So pathetic!

5 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Dpharisee: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2023
aljharem:
@Seun. It is unfortunate that you have not read the handwriting on the wall.

I have been here since the inception of Nairaland and had my fair share.

These SE tribalist are IPOB and ready to destroy your business. Smell the coffee already and stop being a weakling.

They use different user names to stir up tribal issues and are a cancer to the society.

Ban anyone with tribal inclination on any topic and watch tribalism reduce.

These people are revisionist and wicked and it is just a matter of time they destroy all you stand for.

They are the same from GRV to IPOB
Make una see one of the most acute tribalists trying to preach against tribalism. Nothing wey Musa no go see for gate grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Achor1111(m): 10:01am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun, you are a tribal bigot.
You can't tell me otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Front0lane: 10:01am On Dec 30, 2023
From you comment one don't need to examine anything to know you are Igbo.

During the 8 years you hopeless Igbo insulted Fulani Hausa how many of you clowns came on NL to report those foolish igbos then.

AqualinaXYZ:
Seun if you want sanity returned to Nairaland you would have to sack some of your TRIBALISTIC moderators

You’ll see your moderators taking sides on politics threads and banning anyone who doesn’t agree with his views

I no wan mention him name but I believe we all know him

When APC supporters attack people who doesn’t support una Tinubu and the attackers fires back they’ll rush to tag him boom you’re blocked

But that particular mod never ban APC supporters

We all mustn’t support Tinubu and till your mods understand that then tribalism will always prevail

5 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by GeneralOjukwu: 10:02am On Dec 30, 2023
Dear Seun,

No matter what, don't sack Mynd44.

He's the only unbiased mod you have. The ones from THAT region are openly biased.

See one ridiculous thread that Obin0scopi opened. It's clear evidence.

I personally have insulted Mynd for being docile. And he's banned several Yoruba guys who respond to insults.

They want to get the guy out so as to have free reign. Tell them to provide evidence of his so-called bigotry. He's hated simply because he's Yoruba.

The fact he's openly insulted is a testament to his unbiased Liberal nature ( foolish in my personal opinion). Try that with Lala back in the days and you get slammed 6 years ban. Only Mynd allows this disrespect. That guy is the best MOD and he's banned me A LOT.

WAY FORWARD :

1. What you need to do is a review of Ban History of mods and you would see how terrible the SE ones are.

2. Conduct a survey.... all hidden tribalistic threads or the ones you have not seen..... ask all your MODs to pull them up, I am 100% the anti Yoruba threads will be at least 10 x that of anti Igbo threads. It is very obvious who the aggressors are.

3. Play a trick on IPOB brethren. Lie that you sacked Mynd44 openly. They will celebrate wildly. And then also pretend as if you sold Nairaland to one Chinedu.... you will see them start to claim that Nairaland has become better than all platforms worldwide, better than Twitter or Facebook. Just to mess with them, after a year, say you bought it back. grin. They will start to say it has fallen again. Just to cause more heartache, announce the return of Mynd 😀

If I were in your shoes, they will die of heart attack while fetching me millions. grin

PS : Checked the Trending Topics tab just now..there are 5 pro Igbo topics there. No pro Yoruba one ( they are often deleted IMMEDIATELY). We all know who the aggressors are. That is very clear.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Free2Fly: 10:03am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

Your moderators, not necessarily you, are the problems.

This particular guy Mynd44 is heavily biased in favour of the yoruba tribalists.

He turns a blind eye to trabalistic posts made by his tribesmen but will quickly ban southeastern commenters who respond to the post(s).

He needs to be called to order.

5 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by SirBunky85(m): 10:05am On Dec 30, 2023
Goodday90:
let me tell you for free that, I'm Yoruba but,I can swear that my people started all these attacks on anything LP or Igbo Even most of the radio stations in Ogbomosho and Ilesha were all castigating Peter Obi and the LP .just take a look at the way,they insulted Chimamanda simply because she said that Tinubu didn't win but,they forgot that same Chimamanda supported Tinubu during the elections.
you're a bloody liar.your last line sold you out.No Igbo man openly supported Tunubu talk more of the hypocrite called chimamanda.I bu onye ugha.

8 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by tsdarkside(m): 10:06am On Dec 30, 2023
who started callin nigeria a zoo after jonathan lost election....??

their is nothing to apologize....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Bigkoko: 10:07am On Dec 30, 2023
Now even the nationalist Yoruba monikers like seunmsg that used to soak it all up are becoming tribalistic more and more. Moreso after the 2023 election.

Seunmsg is a nationalist while MNK is what? Hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Guys y'all will be fine Las Las!

That's why boko haram were recruited into the army in broad light... But it's fine.

Ohhh I forgot oga Boko Haram, sorry Shettima in SE days ago was talking about insecurity in SE while his kinsmen recently slaughtered over two hundred people men, women, kids Plateau. Na lie?

But he's more concerned about terrorists in SE who have never killed up to 6 at once! You Nigerians would be fine some day!

You guys will be fine Las Las. Breakfast go every one!

Okoroawusa:
Seun, I personally believe that you don't owe anyone any explanation. If you like recruit a thousand people it will still not stop tribalism, tribalistic insults and other bases on Nairaland. Why? Some people are just plain tribalistic.
Truth be told the whole tribal thing took a turn for the worse during and after the 2015 election cycle. The south easterners started it and I was shouting that we were going down a dangerous path. It was made worst with the advent of Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB. Now even the nationalist Yoruba monikers like seunmsg that used to soak it all up are becoming tribalistic more and more. Moreso after the 2023 election.
Anyone accusing you of tribal sentiments is just being mischievous because we are all witnesses to your efforts to rein in the tribal tides with threads just like this one in the past.
Nairaland serves a purpose of accommodating individuals who take delight in holding views that they otherwise can't hold in public or other fora. Seun, you can only moderate but I will advise you allow these guys tire themselves out.
The Yorubas and the Igbos are like two lovers that pretend to perpetually be in dispute but can't do without each other.In Nigeria, they are the tribes with the most marriages between them.
Bro, adopt siddon dey look like me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by matify83: 10:08am On Dec 30, 2023
To curtail the incessant trolling and ethnic proclivities being demonstrated by some nairalanders, the report button should be activated.
Any post deemed to be offensive can be flagged by readers and such posts promply taken down.

Also, some sensitive news items that may be perceived to engender ethnic sentiments should be "no reply" posts.
I.e some news items should be read only posts.

4 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by PoloG: 10:08am On Dec 30, 2023
Localemperor:
as long as Yuroba skulls are being mined on a daily, no problem cheesy
as long as igbos are being killed in asia for drug trafficking, no wahala cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Goodday90(m): 10:09am On Dec 30, 2023
SirBunky85:
you're a bloody liar.your last line sold you out.No Igbo man openly supported Tunubu talk more of the hypocrite called chimamanda.I bu onye ugha.
Ogbeni kamorudeen
fi misile jare

Mi o raye gbogbo nonsense yi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by bidexiii: 10:09am On Dec 30, 2023
Seun:

that's there way, just turn a blind eye to them.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by Bigkoko: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2023
Hahahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣 it's like Asiwaju saying he's going to fight corruption & drug peddling...lol

Dpharisee:

Make una one of the acute tribalist trying to preach against tribalism. Nothing wey Musa no go see for gate grin grin

1 Like

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by LordBiden(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2023
Pls we love our nairaland the way it is,tribalism is one of those things that makes nairaland fun,it generates tons of traffic and that means more money for seun.

Pls do not try to stop it,we love the roforofo fights.

Big shoutout to all members of the Name checkers association of nairaland NCAN.

Another shout out to all hardcore tribalists on nairaland,,we love you guys.

Looking forward to 2024 version.
Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by GeneralOjukwu: 10:14am On Dec 30, 2023
UncleAyo:
Dear Mr. Seun, don't allow yourself to be manipulated. There are some criticism and complaint that are best ignored.

mynd44 is not a tribalist, some people just hate deferring opinion.

You can see how they call their tribesmen saboti, and get them killed for having the mind of their own. Kings and traditional rulers can not voice their deferring or correctional opinion for fear of cold blood murder.

There are some people you can't just satisfy. Even if you offer your life to be sacrificed on their behalf, it will still not be enough.

The IPOB guys think they are smart but this particular thread is free advertisement for impartiality of Mynd44.

If Mynd44 was unbiased, would he tolerate all these insults ? We know MODs from their region were extremely tribalistic, if their names are mentioned at all.... you get a 5 - 10 year ban.

Let them keep insulting Mynd, it will even show his tolerance more.

He's the best Mod and I have personally insulted him and Seun for being so docile all in the name of being Liberal. He's banned me many many times for responding appropriately to anti Yoruba insults.

The IPOB are angry Tinubu outsmarted them. I can make a bold prediction, Nairaland will be full of anti Yoruba insults for the next 8 years.

If I were you, Seun, would just fold my sleeves and pack millions I would make from their HATE. They can't do beyond online chestbeating. Enjoy yourself jare. grin

Tinubu was extremely smart to manipulate their hate to crown himself. Just use your sense, Seun, these guys are taught hatred from childhood, you can NEVER change them. Enjoy the traffic they will always bring for you like Tinubu did. Reno and Wike also used them and dumped them like shiit stained tissue later.

10 Likes

Re: Allegations Of Tribalism Against Me & Nairaland by SirBunky85(m): 10:16am On Dec 30, 2023
Goodday90:
Ogbeni kamorudeen
fi misile jare

Mi o raye gbogbo nonsense yi
onye apari,bigots always claiming to be the victims.chukwu nna kpo gi oku,olukwu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Leaders Most Corrupt In The World -jega / Is This What Transformation Looks Like? (pics) / Buhari Returns To Nigeria After Private Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.