Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman (7333 Views)

Helping A Wife In The Kitchen; Love Or Stupidity? / After Helping A Guy With Airtime, She Gets Engagement Ring In Return / Guy Pictured Helping A S£xy Lady Wit "Thick Oily" NYANSH Mount A Horse Trending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Seun(m): 9:47pm On Jan 08
budaatum:
It is your pain that is making you speak redpill. And if (hopefully, once) your pain cures so too will your limited view of women.
Amin loruko Jesu. Pain is a b-word.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by budaatum: 11:05pm On Jan 08
Seun:

15. Don't attempt to post censored words by misspelling them!

Is "Amin loruko Jesu" the reason you have not evolved Nairaland since when you said "let there be" and it is?

1 Like

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by LINSAR: 8:11am On Jan 09
Seun:

I thought they said you were an atheist
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by narite: 9:10am On Jan 09
EbenezerTriumph:
when konji hold you, your brain go reformat.
This is exactly why you are just being used by your so called “girlfriend”. Rise above your primitive Nature.

1 Like

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Kryzboy(m): 11:52am On Jan 09
Na mumu dey send money give woman
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by capnies: 2:43pm On Jan 09
Haylel:

Kinda looked here and there and i've come to a conclusion not to help anybody, man or woman.
Charity? NO!
Pious giving? NO!
Help anyone? NO!
Let's be honest, most of the time, the helper gains nothing.

READ PROVERBS 19:17
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by capnies: 2:53pm On Jan 09
Animegirl:
Is not about helping a woman, you men still want something more under her legs. You always feel entitled to her body, marriage, even her time, is only few good men that don't ask anything in return.

As a lady I always go back to appreciate, is not even a gender thing. But anytime I go back to appreciate is when can we see angry

I THINK MEN WHO COMMIT FORNICATION DON'T KNOW THEY ARE LOOSING EVERYTHING TO A WOMAN WHO VIRTUALLY DOES NOTHING FOR THEM. ATLEAST IF YOU ATE MARRIED YOUR WIFE WILL KEEP THE HOUSE IN ORDER, COOK FOR YOU AND IN RETURN TO MAKE LOVE TO HER. HAVING SEX WITH YOUR WIFE IS A DUTY, WHICH MEANS YOU DESERVE TO BE PAID FOR THE WORK YOU PERFORM ON YOUR WIFE, WHICH SHE PAYS INDIRECTLY BY TAKING CARE OF THE HOME, AND BY EXTENSION HAVE CHILDREN THAT YOU CAN SEND ON ERRANDS ETC
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Myer(m): 11:00am On Jan 10
Seun:
If you help a man, he will appreciate it for a long time. If you forget, he will remind you. It is as if he owes you a debt. The guy that helped me to bring back Nairaland in 2014 could do no wrong in my eyes until last year. And even now, you won't catch me saying anything against him.

If you help a woman, she will appreciate it for a short time. 3 days. A week. A month. 3 months. Then it's as if you never helped her. It's history. Your help is like a subscription. Once it expires, you can be ghosted. Unless you renew it. And there are many other subscribers, so stop feeling as if yours was such a big deal. 😭

PS: Please o; I don't do redpill. Women are not ungrateful. They recieve help all the time, which they deserve. I'm just speaking from pain. 😭
True. However, as in most things, exceptions tend to invalidate generic statements.
Some men also have entitlement mentality and some ladies have grateful hearts.
It all balls down on the person, majority of Nigeria men are more grateful while majority of Nigerian ladies are more entitled.

Same as your campaign against tribal slurs recently.
That the majority of a tribe is known to behave a certain way does not mean they all do. There is usually exceptions.

1 Like

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Obarofrederick(m): 11:09pm On Jan 10
Animegirl:
Is not about helping a woman, you men still want something more under her legs. You always feel entitled to her body, marriage, even her time, is only few good men that don't ask anything in return.

As a lady I always go back to appreciate, is not even a gender thing. But anytime I go back to appreciate is when can we see angry
When can we see might not mean the way you pictured it
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by FatherCHRISTMAS: 4:05am On Jan 12
Seun:
If you help a man, he will appreciate it for a long time. If you forget, he will remind you. It is as if he owes you a debt. The guy that helped me to bring back Nairaland in 2014 could do no wrong in my eyes until last year. And even now, you won't catch me saying anything against him.

If you help a woman, she will appreciate it for a short time. 3 days. A week. A month. 3 months. Then it's as if you never helped her. It's history. Your help is like a subscription. Once it expires, you can be ghosted. Unless you renew it. And there are many other subscribers, so stop feeling as if yours was such a big deal. 😭

PS: Please o; I don't do redpill. Women are not ungrateful. They recieve help all the time, which they deserve. I'm just speaking from pain. 😭
Seun please don't let my nominations go to waste. I can be romanceland moderator smiley
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Tranquility2345: 7:02am On Jan 15
FatherCHRISTMAS:

Seun please don't let my nominations go to waste. I can be romanceland moderator smiley

Notorious beggar wants to be a mod? shocked
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Obarofrederick(m): 9:19am On Jan 19
EbenezerTriumph:
Seun I coughed out 200k from my savings to buy a phone to my girlfriend. Currently she says we should stop speaking at night when once it's 10pm only to find out she has been engaging on late night calls with her new crush.
The house she's currently staying I paid for it, sent her monthly upkeep and regular surprises but when it's a up to a week that I last gave her gifts she'll start acting cold against me
Damn🤦‍♂️

This hurt
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Acidosis(m): 9:54am On Jan 19
EbenezerTriumph:
Seun I coughed out 200k from my savings to buy a phone to my girlfriend. Currently she says we should stop speaking at night when once it's 10pm only to find out she has been engaging on late night calls with her new crush.
The house she's currently staying I paid for it, sent her monthly upkeep and regular surprises but when it's a up to a week that I last gave her gifts she'll start acting cold against me

😭😭😭😭
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by folake4u(f): 10:19am On Jan 19
Proserpina:
This is coming from a man who wants to get rid of misogynists and bring women/ladies back to his forum.

Interesting.

Honestly, I'm surprised.

I just stumbled on this thread now by mistake and surprised he was the one who created this dummy thread.
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by advanceDNA: 11:29am On Jan 19
folake4u:

Honestly, I'm surprised.

I just stumbled on this thread now by mistake and surprised he was the one who created this dummy thread.

U guys let every thing trigger u ..it doesn't let u see what u should see .......isn't it clear he deliberately opened the thread to draw is conclusions on the complains from women..... because not long after that he opened a thread on dealing with it ...

Dude even responded with "Amin loruko Jesu" to someone on this page.....the nigga is an atheist ...u guys cant even see his sarcasm

1 Like

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by joseph1832(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19
Seun:

oshey baddest 🙌

1 Like

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by joseph1832(m): 12:21pm On Jan 19
Proserpina:
This is coming from a man who wants to get rid of misogynists and bring women/ladies back to his forum.

Interesting.
Can't a man ask a simple question anymore?

1 Like

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by stacyadams: 12:29pm On Jan 19
EbenezerTriumph:

A great mosdii once said "Nigerian girls are useless,all of them.. grin

Now look at what you wrote up there,lay a hand on your head and say
"God am a fool and also useless like Nigerian girls,lord kill every wimpy simply spirit in me this 2024..... grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Donaldoni: 9:18am On Jan 23
EbenezerTriumph:

You have been SIMPlified cheesy

Run! angry

1 Like

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Donaldoni: 9:26am On Jan 23
capnies:

I THINK MEN WHO COMMIT FORNICATION DON'T KNOW THEY ARE LOOSING EVERYTHING TO A WOMAN WHO VIRTUALLY DOES NOTHING FOR THEM. ATLEAST IF YOU ATE MARRIED YOUR WIFE WILL KEEP THE HOUSE IN ORDER, COOK FOR YOU AND IN RETURN TO MAKE LOVE TO HER. HAVING SEX WITH YOUR WIFE IS A DUTY, WHICH MEANS YOU DESERVE TO BE PAID FOR THE WORK YOU PERFORM ON YOUR WIFE, WHICH SHE PAYS INDIRECTLY BY TAKING CARE OF THE HOME, AND BY EXTENSION HAVE CHILDREN THAT YOU CAN SEND ON ERRANDS ETC

A wife is a good thing honestly

That is why men pay to have a wife
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by STYCNig(m): 1:51pm On Jan 23
Let me correct you here... In any forum of discussion, the rules are that, you attack the "Agenda" of discussion NOT the "Presenter" or the "Personality' but you left the Agenda to attack the presenter, that's very wrong too.

You talked about discernment in your comments, but yourself failed to discern that the OP was referring to Ladies within his locality & environment only. If you reviews post and comments of folks here justly, you would identify that the bashing or name calling of ladies here referred to Nigerian ladies alone and NOT other nationals.... You scope of reasoning and comments should not have been widen outside Naija girls, except that you needed a loophole to make your point

Most often than not, you would have seen post and comments by men attacking their fellows against domestic violence, physical abuses and ill treatment against women. If you follow comments here holistically, you would notice that the males oppose themselves when their fellow is wrong supporting the women... But same is not likely seen among females and women.

Seun as well as other public moderators is not perfect and can never be seen as perfect in giving comments at all instances... But that's not a good reason to daint and ridicule his personality as the head of this great forum,NL.
I think you owe him and every good thinking participants here an apology.

Reading through his post, you could see some jovial aspect on it - that it wasn't meant to attack the female gender. Yes! You have every right, as a participant to address issue you felt inappropriate or unjustly., but do it in a manner that would not sound as hate.

Mind you, you cleverly, ignorantly or deliberately did not comment or opposed the bad treatment he got from your fellows.

Nairaland is a good place to be! So far, the pioneers are doing great job. It takes multitude of intelligence to lead a public forum. Seun you try! Keep it up.

etrange:

It's disappointing to see you putting people in a box based on gender. Your fighting tribalism by declaring war on name checkers, but you're not discerning enough to know that calling out a whole gender based on your experience with some ladies isn't any different. How many women have you helped? How many countries have you lived in? How many cultures have you experienced? How did you come to this sweeping conclusion about an entire gender? You really think it's smart to profile the women of this world based on your experience with some ladies somewhere in Nigeria? You think some of us don't have men we've helped that did not show any appreciation? You think we don't have uncles and male cousins that feel entitled to our wealth? If you type this way on NL, how do you intend to combat sexism? Or you just don't know how important your posts are as the owner of this platform? Do you have an idea how many people have used this your post to push thier anti-women narratives on other threads? Shame.

3 Likes

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by etrange: 10:28pm On Jan 23
STYCNig:
Let me correct you here... In any forum of discussion, the rules are that, you attack the "Agenda" of discussion NOT the "Presenter" or the "Personality' but you left the Agenda to attack the presenter, that's very wrong too.

You talked about discernment in your comments, but yourself failed to discern that the OP was referring to Ladies within his locality & environment only. If you reviews post and comments of folks here justly, you would identify that the bashing or name calling of ladies here referred to Nigerian ladies alone and NOT other nationals.... You scope of reasoning and comments should not have been widen outside Naija girls, except that you needed a loophole to make your point

Most often than not, you would have seen post and comments by men attacking their fellows against domestic violence, physical abuses and ill treatment against women. If you follow comments here holistically, you would notice that the males oppose themselves when their fellow is wrong supporting the women... But same is not likely seen among females and women.

Seun as well as other public moderators is not perfect and can never be seen as perfect in giving comments at all instances... But that's not a good reason to daint and ridicule his personality as the head of this great forum,NL.
I think you owe him and every good thinking participants here an apology.

Reading through his post, you could see some jovial aspect on it - that it wasn't meant to attack the female gender. Yes! You have every right, as a participant to address issue you felt inappropriate or unjustly., but do it in a manner that would not sound as hate.

Mind you, you cleverly, ignorantly or deliberately did not comment or opposed the bad treatment he got from your fellows.

Nairaland is a good place to be! So far, the pioneers are doing great job. It takes multitude of intelligence to lead a public forum. Seun you try! Keep it up.

Attack the agenda? You mean you wanted me to start telling an adult "oh, not all women are like that, it is an individual thing"? No bro, I did not come to argue petty things that anyone with a brain already knows. I came to fault his delivery. In other words, the appropriateness of his delivery was my own agenda. Even if he had said Naija girls, it wouldn't have changed a word in my response because Nigeria has more than 100 million women with different cultures and personalities, and showing appreciation has nothing to do with biology.

Yes, you are right, when we see threads about a guy doing something bad or raping someone, you read Nairalanders call him out and say things like "he should be castrated", etc. But there is a difference between condemning the culprit and being sexist. It is a common knowledge that once the topic is about a lady, even when it's just a controversial act and not necessarily a crime, you see them calling out the gender and not just the lady in question. That right there is sexism. Heck, they don't even need a lady to be the culprit, they call out women even on unrelated threads. The romance section is full of threads created to disparage women. How many ladies do we have left on this platform for you to be comparing how they react to threads? In a move to tackle tribalism on this platform, Seun recently promised to bare his fangs against those Nairalanders that check the names of offenders just to know and call out thier tribes. What beats me is how none of you see that calling out a gender cause of the actions of certain individuals also follows the same basic principle of discrimination as tribalism, racism, classism, etc.

I have nothing against Seun. The young man has a difficult job, and I appreciate that fact. He was following me before Nairaland went down in 2014. I have hailed and supported him against others when I felt he was in the right. Likewise, I call him out when I feel he is in the wrong. It is our social responsibility to hold each other accountable. Therefore, his perfection or lack of thereof has no bearing on my response to him. By the way, I am not a lady. I am a man saddened by the unnecessary bias and worried by what it could mean for the future generations. You assuming my gender based on the fact that I'm holding my fellow men accountable only goes to show how deep-rooted the problem is. It means that by your standards, part of being a man is supporting men and there lies the problem, kind sir.

3 Likes

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Seun(m): 10:25pm On Jan 24
I'm happy that women are engaging with this thread, even if it is to express their displeasure. That's what this section needs. At least they know that whatever they have to say will not be dismissed or attacked unfairly on this thread, because someone who is fair-minded is watching it.

I have observed a difference between the way that young women and young men respond to gifts. I'm not sure that it applies to older people. My female friends often tell me what other men are doing for them as if they expect me to join an expensive competition for their attention. It seems clear that the way young men chase young women makes them feel entitled to receive gifts. Making it difficult to appreciate every gift.

It's just an observation that I made from my life, and I wanted to see if other people have had the same experiences or if I'm completely wrong.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by wegevv: 1:51am On Jan 25
Seun:
I'm happy that women are engaging with this thread, even if it is to express their displeasure. That's what this section needs. At least they know that whatever they have to say will not be dismissed or attacked unfairly on this thread, because someone who is fair-minded is watching it.

I have observed a difference between the way that young women and young men respond to gifts. I'm not sure that it applies to older people. My female friends often tell me what other men are doing for them as if they expect me to join an expensive competition for their attention. It seems clear that the way young men chase young women makes them feel entitled to receive gifts. Making it difficult to appreciate every gift.

It's just an observation that I made from my life, and I wanted to see if other people have had the same experiences or if I'm completely wrong.

Uncle Seun reason am now

As very young children we all grow up seeking the approval of our elder siblings, parents, teachers etc.

At a certain point in the teenage years for women they start to notice that not only do they now have automatic approval from guys but guys are now seeking their approval. The beauty of biology

Guys will often say whatever, do whatever and gift whatever just for their approval. The gifting of things can naturally start to lose its value. This would be the same for men if this was our lived experiences.

I personally feel a lot of the behavioural differences between the sexes is as a result of the different lived experiences. I suspect men would behave like women in many other ways if they lived through most years of their lives being treated like women. And vice versa

3 Likes

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by God1000(m): 2:43am On Jan 25
Seun:

the truth is that men show more appreciation than females, I'm talking from experience.

I assisted my niece when she was in the University till she graduated, she could not even call to thank me for all the sacrifices I made for her, this is someone that would call me all the time to ask for money and I never disappointed her for once, but it's more than Three years since she finished and stopped calling me.

Meanwhile I don't forget people that help me no matter how small it is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by PrinceofSarcasm: 2:50am On Jan 25
Seun:

not just young men, it started from our father's. Naturally Africa has always been a patriarchal society.

In the old days women were considered as possessions so to adorn your wife with expensive warlords and jewelry was also a way of showing off your status symbol.

Women were raised to expect gifts from men not work for them. Women were taught it's their entitlement to be given gifts to fulfil their role as women which was primarily to look good for their man.

So it's a far reaching problem from the basic ideology which was passed down and like all things evolved but in this case devolved.

1 Like

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by seanwilliam(m): 12:08am On Jan 29
You’re absolutely on point . When I was running my ND program, there is this guy that did feed me for a like semester, then he liked beans , he would cook and halla my name through the window to come out and take my portion..

Fast forward to now, not bragging I’ve done x10000 of what he did for me then…
Also there’s this girl that helped me with my project back then, even though I ended up knacking her, I still come through for her time to time…

1 Like

Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by Tranquility2345: 12:10am On Jan 29
seanwilliam:
You’re absolutely on point . When I was running my ND program, there is this guy that did feed me for a like semester, then he liked beans , he would cook and halla my name through the window to come out and take my portion..

Fast forward to now, not bragging I’ve done x10000 of what he did for me then…
Also there’s this girl that helped me with my project back then, even though I ended up knacking her, I still come through for her time to time…

Wetin this thing wey you write get to do with anything? E be like say all the soapy don dey affect your mind angry
Re: Helping A Man Vs Helping A Woman by virginboy1(m): 1:53pm On Feb 07
Seun:

Your help is like a subscription........Words of wisdom from senior man. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South African Controversial Dancer, Zodwa Wabantu Shares More Pantless Photos / Lady Quits Job Just To Breastfeed Her Grown Boyfriend / Photo Of The Day: 9ja Made hoverboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.