Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,668 members, 7,813,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland (2657 Views)

Daily Misogyny Memes... PHOTOS / Romance Section Teaching Young Men Irresponsibility & Misogyny / "I Have A Big Butt' - Nigerian Girl Posts On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by ReacherSaidNoth: 6:35am On Jan 08
Whatever you decide to do, know that 90% of your users are male, so if your changes are anti-men in a bid to impress women, you are going kill your own site.

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by Codedrock(m): 7:11am On Jan 08
Seun:

So the first order of business is to hire new moderators, particularly women, who can enforce the existing rules against harassment, derailment, etc.
Lol.. "particularly women"

All these is pointless and will lead to the mass censorship of this platform.

Just introduce block button and unlike button

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by sageb: 7:26am On Jan 08
pocohantas:

@ Kayperry
Ericsmith
Reddingtonblack
Theredaddy
Chidiokay
Jornwhite
Youwanbanme
Anslem01
Anslem02
Anslem03
Anslem04

These monikers are being run by one individual and he has constantly posted slanders against my person in 9 years. I believe you are NL's owner and can see his history. If I am lying, you should be able to tell, INNIT?

When are you giving us a block button?
If we have one, I wouldn't care about misogysm. I just block all of them and go my merry way.

😂Lol
I remember Kayperry(the dark guy) that was trolling Pocohantas back then.
I believe he got a long ban that's why I've not seen his moniker over a year.
Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by cococandy(f): 7:28am On Jan 08
EOD

Well you’re a man maybe he’ll listen to you

#blockbutton
GloriousGbola:

The simple solution that Will resolve 90% of these issues is a block button. Most of these posters thrive and get off on engagement and triggering. Talking among themselves about how useless women are will not cut it if there are no women to respond to them.

Stop looking for roundabout solutions to a simple issue. Introduce a block button and 90% of these posters will be starved for the engagement and triggering that they crave. Q

As an aside, you may not realize it, but you have a responsibility. A lot of youth come here and they are picking the wrong lessons from this platform.

If you had been exposed to and swallowed this red pill nonsense in your youth you may have never put your energy into building this platform, but rather focused on alpha male dominance nonsense.

There has always been a war of the sexes on this platform, but in the past it was mostly good natured banter, and knocks here and there. Not this outright hatred and small boys looking fof clout.

You also need to decide what you want your legacy and posterity to say about you. You post links to sure home marriage seminars. Well, the culture of misogyny promoted on Nairaland does not support the home - it supports baby mamaism because if these boys actually follow through on the rubbish they are swallowing - that will be the only option for them

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by NewDea4: 7:44am On Jan 08
Anashe:

One, you haven't answered his question. Two, Nairaland is not the place to point out the 3 things you "need" in your wife/girlfriend or what is customary or traditional to you. Three, you can tell them that offline however you like. Restore tradition within the confines of your home because it sounds delusional to want tradition restored from the Romance Section of Nairaland. Nairaland is a little over 3m subscribers compared to Nigeria's population. There are a lot of men on this forum who wouldn't resort to slut shaming and name calling or outright misogyny to prove a point, so you don't speak for all men. Debbie's husband has been on this forum for years and it was also some men that have shut him up about being a simp that have turned round now to hail him for "scoring" a wife he loves into submission. The same scripture that said "wives SUBMIT to your husbands" also says "husbands LOVE your wives". Some of you don't have a clue what love is.

Haha people that don't love their parents how can they love a total stranger...all they want is sex and the free housekeeping and cooking

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by Shomek(m): 7:58am On Jan 08
Ok
Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by reddingtonblack: 8:04am On Jan 08
rayopt:

U nailed it.

That part where he mentioned Sola instead of Ubunja goes to show that Seun doesn't know anything about his platform.

Ubunja has been around on Nairaland before Sola started his influencing career. Wat is he talking about? What about anti-men comments? Is he receiving funding from feminist.co now?

Seun is full of surprises, and sometimes i think is personality takes him off balance smiley

He identify their is a problem but instead of starting from investigating the root cause of that problem he jumped to how to stop the problem, *why" should come b4 *How"

NL has over 2million members, which means on a average there are over 500k female on NL, but check the supposed anti women post thread out, even the few ladies that commented what did they say undecided

Any logical being can tell the purpose of the thread is to creat an enabling ground for amicable co-existence, how is "block button" a solution Lmao

if everybody keep a personlize circle on NL does it not defeat the purpose of the platform cheesy, what do i know
Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by ObalendeCMS: 8:06am On Jan 08
Little to nothing you can do about it or else it's going to affect NL.

You have to understand that misogyny has been built into the psyche of an average nigerian man who has an online presence.

Moreover, the current crop of nigerian girls are not loveable.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:07am On Jan 08
sageb:

😂Lol
I remember Kayperry(the dark guy) that was trolling Pocohantas back then.
I believe he got a long ban that's why I've not seen his moniker over a year.

He is Reddingtonblack. Same old wine in a new bottle.

reddingtonblack:

Seun is full of surprises, and sometimes i think is personality takes him off balance smiley

He identify their is a problem but instead of starting from investigating the root cause of that problem he jumped to how to stop the problem, *why" should come b4 *How"

NL has over 2million members, which means on a average there are over 500k female on NL, but check the supposed anti women post thread out, even the few ladies that commented what did they say undecided

Any logical being can tell the purpose of the thread is to creat an enabling ground for amicable co-existence, how is "block button" a solution Lmao

if everybody keep a personlize circle on NL does it not defeat the purpose of the platform cheesy, what do i know

Why are you scared of being blocked?

Is Nairaland richer than Reddit and Twitter that have block buttons?

Why are you scared of being blocked??

Nairaland doesn't have over 2m members. You alone have up to 15monikers. NL doesn't have even 1m ACTIVE members!

grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:08am On Jan 08
ObalendeCMS:
Little to nothing you can do about it or else it's going to affect NL.

You have to understand that misogyny has been built into the psyche of an average nigerian man who has an online presence.

Moreover, the current crop of nigerian girls are not loveable.

They didn't ask you to love to them. They ask that you leave them alone!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:11am On Jan 08
GloriousGbola:

The simple solution that Will resolve 90% of these issues is a block button. Most of these posters thrive and get off on engagement and triggering. Talking among themselves about how useless women are will not cut it if there are no women to respond to them.

Stop looking for roundabout solutions to a simple issue. Introduce a block button and 90% of these posters will be starved for the engagement and triggering that they crave. Q

As an aside, you may not realize it, but you have a responsibility. A lot of youth come here and they are picking the wrong lessons from this platform.

If you had been exposed to and swallowed this red pill nonsense in your youth you may have never put your energy into building this platform, but rather focused on alpha male dominance nonsense.

There has always been a war of the sexes on this platform, but in the past it was mostly good natured banter, and knocks here and there. Not this outright hatred and small boys looking fof clout.

You also need to decide what you want your legacy and posterity to say about you. You post links to sure home marriage seminars. Well, the culture of misogyny promoted on Nairaland does not support the home - it supports baby mamaism because if these boys actually follow through on the rubbish they are swallowing - that will be the only option for them

See how Reddingtonblack is already having palpitations over block button. I would expect that they support it. After all, women wouldn't be able to see their posts and everybody is happy. Right? grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by Seun(m): 8:13am On Jan 08
So it's decided. We will recruit new moderators for the Romance section.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by GloriousGbola: 8:13am On Jan 08
@seun and If you feel the need to pander to the manosphere or Feminazis for money reasons the simply create a blocked off board like sexuality, with a tag like reddit NSFW tag. This board features discussions you may find offensive.

Then your menist or Feminazi gang can congregate there and percolate in their walled off echo chamber, keeping their toxicity to themselves

Reddit also has boards like that. You know exactly what you are looking for when you go there.

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by ObalendeCMS: 8:16am On Jan 08
pocohantas:

They didn't ask you to love to them. They ask that you leave them alone!

Who's holding them?

Please, bwitch don't kill my vibe.

Aaro l'awa!

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by SweetVibe: 8:16am On Jan 08
Seun:
Seun... I'm interested and ready, how can I be selected?
Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by Shomek(m): 8:21am On Jan 08
Seun:
What did i need for you to employ me
Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by jedisco(m): 8:22am On Jan 08
@Seun, why not make it possible to have female only threads where only females can post.

It gets annoying seeing posts clearly asking ladies a question being filled up with blokes trading insults.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by Gerrard59(m): 8:25am On Jan 08
Odunharry:
Vice versa bro. Check anti-men post also.

Insults from both genders should be totally frown at..

They are way more anti-women's posts. It has gotten worse within the last four years.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:26am On Jan 08
jedisco:
@Seun, why not make it possible to have female only threads where only females can post.

It gets annoying seeing posts clearly asking ladies a question being filled up with blokes trading insults.

This is another problem. You ask females questions and it is men answering. Any female that responds, they will pounce on her with insults.

No, the solution isn't new moderators.

Gerrard59:

They are way more anti-women's posts. It has gotten worse within the last four years.

Allow them play ostritch. They should bring 10 anti-men posts in the last 24hrs from at least 3 monikers.

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by reddingtonblack: 8:26am On Jan 08
pocohantas:

He is Reddingtonblack. Same old wine in a new bottle.

Why are you scared of being blocked?

Is Nairaland richer than Reddit and Twitter that have block buttons?

Why are you scared of being blocked??

Nairaland doesn't have over 2m members. You alone have up to 15monikers. NL doesn't have even 1m ACTIVE members!

grin grin grin

If you are a fan as much as you Feign then you should know my comment on politics to romance section is ratio 10 : 4, for days i no get data e no bugg me na blocking

Seún is not a kid, he knows there are some man and woman matter 3rd party no dey shook mouth wink

Besides i find it disappointing a supposed elite don't know their is a difference btwn .. a faceless forum and a Verified social account, X ni won pe take correction it won't kill you
Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:29am On Jan 08
reddingtonblack:

If you are a fan as much as you Feign then you should know my comment on politics to romance section is ratio 10 : 4,

Seún is not a kid, he knows there are some man and woman matter 3rd party no dey shook mouth wink

Besides i find it disappointing a supposed elite don't know their is a difference btwn .. a faceless forum and a Verified social account, X ni won pe take correction it won't kill you

What man and women matter does Seun know not to chook mouth? I have never claimed to be an elite. I always stated it that I live in Amukoko. No elite stays there.

Once again, why are you scared of being blocked? Of all the guys here, you seem to be the most triggered by it. Why? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by Gerrard59(m): 8:33am On Jan 08
UptownVibes:
Instead of you to bring what will make nairaland interesting like the X app you visit all the time,you are doing rules this up and down.. Small thing wen dey make the forum dey interesting, you dey scatter am. Now if you remove all these,wetin come be fun for the nairaland?

Praising murderers or belittling the murder of a girl is not an interesting or funny thing. Most of the comments I see when there is news of a murdered female are disgusting and appalling. No excuses for such comments.

When feminist were calling we men scum,you been travel that time? Now that we guys are saying no to bulshit,na now you dey find rules.

Well, I agree with you here. When the likes of Uloma and Co were promoting men's hatred on Twitter, no one called them to order. Action begets reaction. Andrew Tate was only known for boxing. Na dem Feminazis first start trouble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by reddingtonblack: 8:39am On Jan 08
pocohantas:

What man and women matter do Seun know not to chook mouth? I have never claimed to be an elite. I always stated it that I live in Amukoko. No elite stays there.

Once again, why are you scared of being blocked? grin grin

Our mothers blocked us from breast milk we didnt die undecided, what are you giving wink

Stop making NL about you, the goal of these wonderful platform is bigger than us, as a gentleman i will advise you step aside and let sound minds dominate the thread, step aside ma'am

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by Gerrard59(m): 8:40am On Jan 08
Proserpina:
Kayperry/Redditingon trolled Pocohantas for 9 years!

Like 9 youthful years o

Until the lady decided to take actions offline he retracted a bit.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Jesus! Na so e be for some sections inside this Nairaland?

Haba! For nine years?! shocked

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:41am On Jan 08
reddingtonblack:

Our mothers blocked us from breast milk we didnt die undecided, what are you giving wink

Stop making NL about you, the goal of these wonderful platform is bigger than us, as a gentleman i will advise you step aside and let sound minds dominate the thread, step aside ma'am

I am just one out of 2m users according to you.

I doubt you latched on your mother's breast like you have latched to trolling and tribalism in the past 9 years.

Why are you worried that I would have a block button? Please answer this question. grin

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:43am On Jan 08
Gerrard59:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Jesus! Na so e be for some sections inside this Nairaland?

Haba! For nine years?! shocked

9 years o. Lord knows the day I will get hold of that Femi dude, I will so make a show out of it. He would prefer he were blocked.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by PrinceofSarcasm: 8:45am On Jan 08
Seun:

Seun happy new year

This so not the solution, pocohantas cococandy and other well known misandrists on this forum are not innocent in this.

Did she not harass a Nairalander.offline because she thinks she can manipulate some.men to do her bidding?
What is more abnormal than stalking someone offline because of online trolling?

My brother do not be deceived, we in the age of men finally standing up for themselves so don't like these self confessed lesbians and feminists who for reasons best known to them see men as the enemy deceive you.
I am all for inclusion freedom of expression and sexuality but don't call a donkey a unicorn.
Did pocohantas not also post a young man's personal details all over the forum?
My brother please let red pillers be free and feminists too. But stop not just misogyny but misandry too.just peruse Jennyclay's posts to see the unstable misandry freely expressed.
Have you ever seen pocohantas speak against misandry? Not once! But threads where young men congregate to advise each other she attacks with hate.

We have all been trolled but you don't see me accusing any one of stalking them offline or posting their personal information publicly!! That is borderline psychotic.
pocohantas should be banned permanently and not listed to. She is definitely not a good example for ladies on this forum .
You said you would even the Muslim and Christian thread to remove oaths .
You said you would take a firm stand against hate speech which till this morning I still see across the forum.
Tackles these ones above first instead of chasing non existent issues.

The report button I think is the best way to go not hiring new moderators because the existing ones haven't done better

The platform needs upgrading and a rework. New mods will still face the same issues the older ones face.
The human factor. Eventually mods will have opinions and biased will set in.
Allow users have a block button and let the report button on Nairaland start really working not just deleting comments from the reporters view

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:51am On Jan 08
PrinceofSarcasm:

Seun happy new year

Did she not harass a Nairalander.offline because she thinks she can manipulate some.men to do her bidding?
What is more abnormal than stalking someone offline because of online trolling?

My brother do not be deceived, we in the age of men finally standing up for themselves so don't like these self confessed lesbians and feminists who for reasons best known to them see men as the enemy deceive you.
I am all for inclusion freedom of expression and sexuality but don't call a donkey a unicorn.
Did pocohantas not also post a young man's personal details all over the forum?

Which young man's details did I post on this forum? Can you point us to this?

I am yet to HARASS him offline and that is because time never dey.

Would I do it? Yes, I will.

He crossed reasonable lines when he started accusing me of prostitution, abortion, sleeping around with married men (on this forum) and cursing my womb.

Yes, he would definitely be picked offline when every paperwork is ready. Whatever his case would be, it would be very legal.

I am not denying having his details or intent to harass him. However, I haven't posted these details online, YET.

When I do, he would publicly apologise and retract his posts. That is for sure. The disclaimer at the bottom of Nairaland is for a reason.

This so not the solution, poco.hantas coco.candy and other well known misandrists on this forum are not innocent in this.

My brother please let red pillers be free and feminists too. But stop not just misogyny but misandry too.just peruse Jenny.clay's posts to see the unstable misandry freely expressed.

Have you ever seen poco.hantas speak against misandry? Not once! But threads where young men congregate to advise each other she attacks with hate.

Care to point out one of my misandric posts?

Can you point out one post where I attacked young men who gathered to advise each other?

We are here to solve this problem. grin

Evidence of your accusations would be rewarded by ME.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by pocohantas(f): 8:55am On Jan 08
PrinceofSarcasm:

We have all been trolled but you don't see me accusing any one of stalking them offline or posting their personal information publicly!! That is borderline psychotic.
pocohantas should be banned permanently and not listed to. She is definitely not a good example for ladies on this forum .

What is psychotic is trolling one person for 9 years and making heavy accusations that you can't defend over those 9 years. That is not even trolling, that is cyberbullying and gross slander. Of which he, reddingtonblack would pay for in due time.

I might not be a good example for ladies, but he would make a good example for any other person who wants to toe that path.

Know the lines not to cross!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by folake4u(f): 9:02am On Jan 08
kkins25:

Aren't there bots sophistated enough to do that job? Hopefully, you pick some ladies from who have stayed on the forum ...Check Pinkpill thread.

Why? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Misogyny (Anti-Women Posts) On Nairaland by PrinceofSarcasm: 9:03am On Jan 08
pocohantas:

Which young man's details did I post on this forum? Can you point us to this?

I am yet to HARASS him offline and that is because time never dey.

Would I do it? Yes, I will.

He crossed reasonable lines when he started accusing me of prostitution, abortion and cursing my womb.

Yes, he would definitely be picked offline when every paperwork is ready.

I am not denying having his details or intent to harass him. However, I haven't posted these details online, YET.

When I do, he would publicly apologise and retract his posts. That is for sure. The disclaimer at the bottom of Nairaland is for a reason.

Care to point out one of my misandric posts?

Can you point out one posts where attacked young men who gathered to advise each other?

We are here to solve this problem. grin

Evidence of your accusations would be rewarded by ME.

Excuse you?! 🧐
Firstly tone matters alot, I was not speaking to but I will ignore you rude approach and indulge you.

Did you or did you not aquire the young man's details.ilegally for the sole purpose of shaming him on this forum the way you did ubunja ?

What was ubunja's offensive when you and your mob banded together and shamed him

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Difference Between A School Dad And A Boyfriend??? / How To Tell If A Girl Isn't Into You / Guys-let's Give Them A Break When They Deny Us Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.