Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected (17892 Views)

Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister / Why TB Joshua Must Be Respected / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2011
Joagbajee:

Firstly , if a man claim he is of God, we ought to judge his doctrine by Gods word. If he is found to be wantin the bible says to reject him. God didn't make us spiritual policemen. . . .

Oyakhilome is found wanting, so we reject him! Finish.

Joagbajee:
If a man "opens" a church with wrong motive. It is between him and God. But one thing is clear. Ministry is of the holy spirit . If God didn't send a man, he will lack the power to function. Besides ,he cant last there. People will soon leave him. People have problems and you can't solve their problem if you're not sent because the power is in the calling.

People can't be deceived for long. If people under him can't be helped and nourished , they will go to other pasture where they can be fed. But God didn't ordain us to be attacking ministers . Jesus is the one building his church. He knows what to do about false prophets. Some have their judgement in the now ,others later.

Jesus and the apostles taught us to beware of false prophets and wolves in sheep clothing; we are also required to warn and to guard the members of the flock. See detailed explanation here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-786926.192.html#msg9454526

Joagbajee:
Paul addressed the issue of wrong motive in preaching.

Philippians 1:15-18
15 Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will: 16 The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds: 17 But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel. 18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

The same Paul rebuked quite a few people --- even mentioning them by name. And yes, we are happy if the gospel of Christ is preached by anyone. However, the prosperity "gospel" is NOT the gospel of Christ and its preachers can be decried from the very rooftops.

[snipped the rest of your post]
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by edynasty: 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2011
Pastor Chris indeed grin grin grin
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

Oyakhilome is found wanting, so we reject him! Finish.

We who? Speak for yourself.

Jesus and the apostles taught us to beware of false prophets and wolves in sheep clothing; we are also required to warn and to guard the members of the flock.

Why not quote Jesus and let everybody see what it was about. Salvation is personal.

The same Paul rebuked quite a few people --- even mentioning them by name. And yes, we are happy if the gospel of Christ is preached by anyone. However, the prosperity "gospel" is NOT the gospel of Christ and its preachers can be decried from the very rooftops.

Jesus and paul were prophets and apostles. Authority goes with their office.  It doesn't apply to . . .  cool

[snipped the rest of your post]

Its the word of God . You can't fight it.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2011
Joagbajee:

Jesus and paul were prophets and apostles. Authority goes with their office.  It doesn't apply to . . .  cool

Authority goes with my office, the office I was ordained into by Jesus Christ Himself, to rebuke and expose the likes of Oyakhilome.

So by virtue of the authority of my office as given to me by Christ, I confirm and declare that Oyakhilome is a false teacher, heretic deceiver and fraud.

cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2011
OMG  shocked shocked shocked Seun what have you guys turned this decently-intended thread into. . . dont even know where to continue sef  cry cry
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Barrrich: 12:37pm On Nov 05, 2011
What section of the criminal code are you quoting sir Enigma?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Zab: 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2011
OH! MANY PEOPLE ARE CARRIED AWAY WITH ANOINTING AND GIFTS. LET ME POSIT HERE THAT ANOINTING AND OPERATION OF GIFT HAS NO LINK TO THE REAL GREATNESS OF PASTOR.A LOT OF 'SO CALLED MEN OF GOD' HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST BUT OPERATE GIFTS . THAT'S WHY YOU SEE A PASTOR TAKING A MEMBER'S WIFE AND CLAIM IT DOESN'T MATTER.

NIGERIANS MUST OPEN THEIR EYES AND AND FLEE FROM 'IT DOESN'T MATTER ' PREACHERS WHO ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN TITHES AND WHAT THEY CAN GET FROM MEMBERS. PASTORS PLEASE MAKE YOUR ELECTION AND CALLING SURE.

MOST PASTORS IN NIGERIA DON'T CALL A SPADE A SPADE. TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT LADIES WEAR TO CHURCH. HOW MANY OF THEM CAN WEAR THOSE RUBBISH FOR A N INTERVIEW. BUT IN THE PRESENCE OF THEIR MAKER THEY GO ALMOST NAKED.LovePeddler MONGERS IN CHURCH!
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Azibalua(f): 12:42pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

Authority goes with my office, the office I was ordained into by Jesus Christ Himself, to rebuke and expose the likes of Oyakhilome.

So by virtue of the authority of my office as given to me by Christ, I confirm and declare that Oyakhilome is a false teacher, heretic deceiver and fraud.
cool
What office please
Kai where is newmi, grammar don dey increase!
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2011
Barr rich:

What section of the criminal code are you quoting sir Enigma?

Read chapters 34-39 of the Nigerian Criminal Code.

By the way, what about the law of God - when a "pastor" deliberately refuses to return known stolen money/goods?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 05, 2011
Zab:

OH! MANY PEOPLE ARE CARRIED AWAY WITH ANOINTING AND GIFTS. LET ME POSIT HERE THAT ANOINTING AND OPERATION OF GIFT HAS NO LINK TO THE REAL GREATNESS OF PASTOR.A LOT OF 'SO CALLED MEN OF GOD' HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST BUT OPERATE GIFTS . THAT'S WHY YOU SEE A PASTOR TAKING A MEMBER'S WIFE AND CLAIM IT DOESN'T MATTER.

NIGERIANS MUST OPEN THEIR EYES AND AND FLEE FROM 'IT DOESN'T MATTER ' PREACHERS WHO ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN TITHES AND WHAT THEY CAN GET FROM MEMBERS. PASTORS PLEASE MAKE YOUR ELECTION AND CALLING SURE.

MOST PASTORS IN NIGERIA DON'T CALL A SPADE A SPADE. TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT LADIES WEAR TO CHURCH. HOW MANY OF THEM CAN WEAR THOSE RUBBISH FOR A N INTERVIEW. BUT IN THE PRESENCE OF THEIR MAKER THEY GO ALMOST Unclad.LovePeddler MONGERS IN CHURCH!

My friend only a bush-man will make such claims. angry How has the topic at hand claimed his respects to be attributed to his anointing and gifts ehn? We are talkin about a man whose simplistic approach to the word of God has earned so much transformation in peoples lives.

We are talking about a man whose approach to spiritual leadership defied the silly status quo placed by so called RELIGIOUS FATHERS of our time. Before his entry into the leadership platform we use to think and perceive that spiritual excellence and heights could only be achieved by how much one fast and pray or how much connected you are to "the grace of so called men of God".

This young lad as some call him, came into the fold with a message that heights and weights in the faith has nothing to do with all the things men esteemed so much but rather your openness and simplistic heart towards the things of God.

Pls think before you condemn!
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Azibalua(f): 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2011
Zab:

OH! MANY PEOPLE ARE CARRIED AWAY WITH ANOINTING AND GIFTS. LET ME POSIT HERE THAT ANOINTING AND OPERATION OF GIFT HAS NO LINK TO THE REAL GREATNESS OF PASTOR.A LOT OF  'SO CALLED MEN OF GOD' HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST BUT OPERATE GIFTS . THAT'S WHY YOU SEE A PASTOR TAKING A MEMBER'S WIFE AND CLAIM IT DOESN'T MATTER.
NIGERIANS MUST OPEN THEIR EYES AND AND FLEE FROM 'IT DOESN'T MATTER ' PREACHERS WHO ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN TITHES AND WHAT THEY CAN GET FROM  MEMBERS. PASTORS PLEASE MAKE YOUR ELECTION AND CALLING SURE.
MOST PASTORS IN NIGERIA DON'T CALL A SPADE A SPADE. TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT LADIES WEAR TO CHURCH. HOW MANY OF THEM CAN WEAR THOSE RUBBISH FOR A N INTERVIEW. BUT IN THE PRESENCE OF THEIR MAKER THEY GO ALMOST Unclad.LovePeddler MONGERS IN CHURCH!

What makes you feel you have a right to judge men of god
Are you the one who anointed them
Why not leave them to god.
Romans 14:4
4 They are God's servants, not yours. They are responsible to him, not to you. Let him tell them whether they are right or wrong. And God is able to make them do as they should.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 12:57pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

cool

Hebrews 5:4
. .  And no man taketh this honour unto himself but he that is called of God. . .
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 1:00pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

Read chapters 34-39 of the Nigerian Criminal Code.

Quote it out na grin.  You want him to read it in secret? Let us read it too? We make open posts here sir.

By the way, what about the law of God - when a "pastor" deliberately refuses to return known stolen money/goods?

Where in the law of God? Please quote it out. Thanks.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2011
Joagbajee:

. .  And no man taketh this honour unto himself but he that is called of God. . .

It applies to Oyakhilome as much as it applies to me!  smiley

Meanwhile, I haven't yet forgotten the fake "PhD"!

Fake "anointing"; fake "ordination", fake "PhD".

Shiọọọọọ!

cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Azibalua(f): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2011
Tonye-t:

My friend only a bush-man will make such claims. angry How has the topic at hand claimed his respects to be attributed to his anointing and gifts ehn? We are talkin about a man whose simplistic approach to the word of God has earned so much transformation in peoples lives.
We are talking about a man whose approach to spiritual leadership defied the silly status quo placed by so called RELIGIOUS FATHERS of our time. Before his entry into the leadership platform we use to think and perceive that spiritual excellence and heights could only be achieved by how much one fast and pray or how much connected you are to "the grace of so called men of God".
This young lad as some call him, came into the fold with a message that heights and weights in the faith has nothing to do with all the things men esteemed so much but rather your openness and simplistic heart towards the things of God.

Bush is very mild
Some people open their mouth and gboa start talking even before reasoning.

Joagbajee:

We are yet to ascertain the' office' enigma holds
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

^^^ He (and his organisation) received stolen money and stolen goods; worse, he pointedly refused to return the stolen money/goods.

In Nigerian law, that is a criminal offence.

In the eyes of God . . . . ?

Enigma,

If this is the only reason you have for condemning the man then its really so unfair.

As far as I know, justice will only have its course on this man if he was in consent with the 'money-stealers' before the crime was committed. Else every so called man of God in Nigeria will/should be accused of such.

I say this because, virtually 6 out of every 10 subjects in a religious gathering who give offerings did so from fraudulent means. How do you expect the men of God to be accused if the criminals are caught.

Ok I hear you saying he should have returned the money. Damn! this is about the weakest opinion one will ever suggest. You know why? because If it were so, then every thief when caught should be made to bring out everyone who ate from his stolen money and be made to pay and that should include the guy the thief bought his shirt from, the woman he bought pepper from, the aboki he paid for polishing his shoes and the endless list. grin grin grin

How dumb would that sound?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Azibalua(f): 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

Meanwhile, I haven't yet forgotten the fake "PhD"!
Fake "anointing"; fake "ordination", fake "PhD".
Shiọọọọọ!
cool
Who ordained you?
What ministry are you submitted to?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

Which church do you attend? Where do you fellowship?  And why are you not afraid to use Gods name to lie.How did you receive the call? You think this is a joke?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 1:07pm On Nov 05, 2011
Joagbajee:

Quote it out na grin.  You want him to read it in secret? Let us read it too? We make open posts here sir.

Where in the law of God? Please quote it out. Thanks.

It will be over your head! You who don't know the meaning of "escape" --- which for you means Jesus was running helter-skelter!

Or that Jesus was hiding under the bed and under the table!

You think you can read and understand statutory provisions? You don't know your limits! Just keep to deceiving people of their money; if the other fellow is truly a lawyer, he will understand me and know what to do --- at least I'd expect him to.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by zalak45: 1:08pm On Nov 05, 2011
Tonye-t (m)
Right-side chilling with God in Christ Jesus

I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected
« on: Yesterday at 12:51:59 PM »
"give honor to whom honor is due" - Jesus Christ

Yeah yeah I know some'll call him a con, fake, evil, wolf in sheep clothing and blah blah blah but like someone said "the minority activitists should not impose their silly views on the populace" - kobojunkie .

First he was tagged a wannabe for his act of speech delivery, and later he got involved in the miracle saga as if Jesus Christ himself wasnt accused as such. The most fascinating trail about this man is that the more he gets the criticism the more he grows and makes positive imparts.

Abeg make we hail the guy small, he's too much

He is an inspirational leader: Someone of whom spiritual, financial, intellectual and political giants give credits to as their source of inspiration to achieve what they have achieved in life, someone whose larger-than-life image speaks volumes for the extent to which the spirit of God in the heart of man can transform the ordinary man into an extraordinary one. Here is someone that no existing word or words in the lexicons of all known languages can comfortably describe; one, of whom it is a rare privilege to write about.

His strides are Genius: Genius is creative insight. Insight is the capacity to uncover and understand hidden truths. Understanding itself is the by-product of knowledge. But knowledge itself is not the source of power. It is the intelligent and creative application of this knowledge that stands him out in any crowd anywhere

He is humble: As Orison Swett Marden said, “Success is not measured by what you accomplished but by the opposition you encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds. Recalling the TB Joshua saga and a whole lot more this man has maintained an unusual sort of calmness and mutual respect for his detractors. Yes I know that everyone can maintain composures but it takes some extra muscles to withstand especially when one commands a large cavalry as does this man.

Extraordinary: The life of Pastor Chris has remained astonishing in every respect and at best enigmatic because of the simplicity with which he effects changes and achieves goals in tasks which ordinarily are considered impossible. For a man who believes that nothing is impossible in a very impossible environment, words cannot qualify him. His passion for the lost souls of men is legendary, so much so that he leaves no stone unturned in the quest to get men to Christ. His stand over the years has been for people to have passion for what they believe in, the power of conviction to throw in everything into it and to get as many people as possible through every available means and medium, to believe in the same thing; to go the extra length to prove that what you believe in is worth every trouble you encounter in the process of doing so. Such is the power that drives extraordinary men of influence. And that I believe, gave us one of the greatest gifts God has bestowed on our generation.

A man of immeasurable wealth of wisdom, a man fully given to kingdom values, whose passion for God is eloquently manifested in the reverberating impact his teachings have made globally and the task he has set for himself to impact the world with the character of the spirit of God. Pablo Picasso once told a story of his conversation with his mother when he was a boy. According to Picasso, his mother told him that if he became a monk, he would end up as a Pope and that if he joined the army, he would be a Napoleon. But fortunately for him, he became a painter and ended up as Picasso.

If Pastor Chris was a businessman, he would rank with the Bill Gates and Carlos Sims of the world; if he was a politician, he would become a President of Presidents, but he followed his calling, and, today, he is impacting more lives than all the business people and the world presidents put together. Such is the amazing gift God in his infinite wisdom bestowed on this generation. To say that his life is exemplary is an understatement, because he never teaches what has not worked for him, which aptly captures Albert Schweitzer’s words when he said that “Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing.”

He deserves the respect due him!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has any1 ever kissed a man's ass this much. wow!
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2011
Revolva:

@poster

You are a brainwahsed , follow follow nia dey do you, praising pastor chris as if he created the world, who gives a bleep if he is holy,  an na the one wey we see for ouside we go talk, all men are sinners that what the same Bible tells you, no matter how holy you potray your self, hiss do you know if he is visiting Babalawo to get is Power, who knows, yo are here wasting your praises on man,

Your type is easily fooled and washed

. . . sounded like you werent done sucking your mummy's breast before writing this. . . couldnt even understand a thing here undecided
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2011
Joagbajee:

Which church do you attend? Where do you fellowship?  And why are you not afraid to use Gods name to lie.How did you receive the call? You think this is a joke?

Tell us where Oyakhilome got his "PhD" and I will tell you about my church.  smiley

cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

It will be over your head! You who don't know the meaning of "escape" --- which for you means Jesus was running helter-skelter! Or that Jesus was hiding under the bed and under the table!

You seem to be the one looking for table to hide under right now. Your lies have caught up with you.

You think you can read and understand statutory provisions? You don't know your limits! Just keep to deceiving people of their money; if the other fellow is truly a lawyer, he will understand me and know what to do --- at least I'd expect him to

There is a difference between a LAWYER and a "CHARGE AND BAIL!"
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2011
zalak45:

Has any1 ever kissed a man's Bottom this much. wow!

This last time i checked Yes! and guess who i saw? . . . i saw you doing so on Satan's bottom grin grin grin grin
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by cold(m): 1:11pm On Nov 05, 2011
Tonye-t:

You have disingenuously deflected the Channel 4 article/video by Seyi Rhodes.In case you missed it here it is again;  
Local journalist Simon Ateba says it's almost impossible to establish their true wealth. Simon takes the team to the headquarters of Christ Embassy. He claims that two years ago when he tried to take photographs of the building, security guards dragged him inside and beat him until he fainted. Soon after he tells this story, security guards drag Rhodes into the building by his belt. He escapes unscathed.

Why would any so called man of God be so scared of his own shadow he won't even let pictures of his church be taken?What is he hiding or hiding from?The answer is not far fetched,your jerry curled pastor is a fraud & like a true scammer,secrets of the trade must not be divulged,exposed or disseminated.

Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

Tell us where Oyakhilome got his "PhD" and I will tell you about my church.  smiley

cool

Oooooowwwww! Enigma, its now so glaring that you barely have anything to accuse this man of. What has his PhD got to do you.

If over 4% of his subjects could attain that qualification. . .what then is the big deal if he does.

What is this PhD sef?is a postgraduate academic degree awarded by universities.

The academic level of degrees known as doctorates of philosophy varies considerably according to the country, institution, and time period, from entry-level research degrees to higher doctorates.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Philosophy

Pls understand the variations as stated by the writer ^^  undecided
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 1:17pm On Nov 05, 2011
Joagbajee:

You seem to be the one looking for table to hide under right now. Your lies have caught up with you.

There is a difference between a LAWYER and a "CHARGE AND BAIL!"

Have you now learned the meaning of "escape"? Does the statement "Jesus escaped" still mean, to you, that Jesus "ran away", that Jesus ran helter skelter?

Did your own "Jesus" hide ---- under the table, under the bed, under the pulpit?

Yes, my first ever solo case, then even only as a Youth Corper, was a charge and bail case which ended with a successful no-case submission. It actually earned a lot of accolades for various reasons that I won't go into now. It was my only ever charge and bail case and I am extremely proud of it.  smiley
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2011
cold:

You have disingenuously deflected the Channel 4 article/video by Seyi Rhodes.In case you missed it here it is again;  
Local journalist Simon Ateba says it's almost impossible to establish their true wealth. Simon takes the team to the headquarters of Christ Embassy. He claims that two years ago when he tried to take photographs of the building, security guards dragged him inside and beat him until he fainted. Soon after he tells this story, security guards drag Rhodes into the building by his belt. He escapes unscathed.

Why would any so called man of God be so scared of his own shadow he won't even let pictures of his church be taken?What is he hiding or hiding from?The answer is not far fetched,your jerry curled pastor is a fraud & like a true scammer,secrets of the trade must not be divulged,exposed or disseminated.

See why I came to the conclusion that Pastor Chris should be respected?. . .ask 9 out of every 10 person who speaks ill about the man and they'll have nothing to say based on their own experience or encounter with the man but rather copy and paste what some ill-feeling-biased-and-sentimental human wrote against the innocent Pastor.

My friend, let me agree you appear to be civilized, if yes! then let me ask you . . . do you believe it is so fair to judge a person based on ill preconceived notions about him. . .or its better judging such based on personal experience?

While you try answering this, let me say. . .the last thing every human on the face of this earth wants to do to his fellow man is to sing his shine. Humans and our vile minds are so wicked and sentimental that we hate it when a humble light shines from obscurity.

If this man were to be from the states or the queens-society, you would have joined the band wagon to be singing his praises. As far as I know, those accusations against him werent found true. . .I have the true story.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 1:28pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

Have you now learned the meaning of "escape"? Does the statement "Jesus escaped" still mean, to you, that Jesus "ran away", that Jesus ran helter skelter?
Did your own "Jesus" hide ---- under the table, under the bed, under the pulpit?

What does criminal code say about offerings in church dude.?

What does the law of God say about a pastor refunding money given in church?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by mabell: 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

You love deviating, you are now known for that
Why not stay on the thread now
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2011
Joagbajee:

What does criminal code say about offerings in church dude.?

You and Oyaks should go and get a lawyer to advise you on that.  

Joagbajee:
What does the law of God say about a pastor refunding money given in church?

Of course you will pretend not to have seen aletheia's post which addressed this earlier. Even if you didn't see it, your own "Holy Spirit" doesn't cleanse your conscience, doesn't write God's law in your heart. Of course your own spirit is the spirit of mammon and it is no wonder that such spirit prevents you from knowing, understanding or "doing" (since you people don't 'obey') the law of God

Typical.

cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 1:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
Quote from Dare2think
@ Tonye-t

The topic of Pastor Chris is very subjective and it depends upon each individual to judge the impact he has on them.

I respect your view of this man and you are wholly entitled to your opinion.

As for me, I just don't subscribe to the type of "personality cult"  built around him that seems to elevate him more than Christ. However, it's another debate on how much control he has on the elevation bestowed on him. He might be innocent and he might enjoy the ego massaging.

I dis-agree with a notion in your last paragraph in which you state that ", he is impacting more lives than all the business people and the world presidents put together".

To me that is a sentimental statement because there are lots of Business people who make impacts in the world, it all depend on your definition of "impact".
Steve jobs has impacted more lives with his "I" brand and Bill gates, in my opinion, impacts more lives with his  humanitarian acts which is evident on his foundation's website.

Finally, I respect your view of the man, however, I personally refuse to give so much deference to any "MAN", pastor or business man, GOD is the only the entity in which I give so much adoration and respect.  While I respect the humbleness exhibited by Christ during his lifetime as described in the bible.

Cheers.

Now you have successfully concluded your sentiment and I'll judge you based on that

[list]
[li]I believe the Pastor should be respected based on his contribution to the christian faith, his approach and attributes towards leadership, I strongly believe he gave a face-lift to the name Christians and made spiritual-poorly-fed  humans attain the best of heights in their walk with God. And my claims are that if this man have attain this feat he should be respected as does Steve Jobs, Bill gates and the likes[/li]

[li]You believe the likes of Steve J. and Bill G. will garner your respect for i-phone thingy and the microsoft/philantrophic act of bill. Ok! And without shadow of doubt i know you respect or chose to respect them for their impact to human life, why coming to Pastor Chris you believe he should not be given such respect but God should.[/li]

Isnt that jealousy or biasness?

[/list]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Samurai's Prophetic Thread. Drop A Post And I Will See A Vision For You. / ‘lodging God’ In Hotels / Why Are My Prayers Not Answered??

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.