Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected (17895 Views)

Ese Walter Releases Affair Evidence With Pastor BiodunTo Respected Minister / Why TB Joshua Must Be Respected / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tonyet1(m): 12:51pm On Nov 04, 2011
"give honor to whom honor is due" - Jesus Christ

Yeah yeah I know some'll call him a con, fake, evil, wolf in sheep clothing and blah blah blah but like someone said "the minority activitists should not impose their silly views on the populace" - kobojunkie .

First he was tagged a wannabe for his act of speech delivery, and later he got involved in the miracle saga as if Jesus Christ himself wasnt accused as such. The most fascinating trail about this man is that the more he gets the criticism the more he grows and makes positive imparts.

Abeg make we hail the guy small, he's too much

He is an inspirational leader: Someone of whom spiritual, financial, intellectual and political giants give credits to as their source of inspiration to achieve what they have achieved in life, someone whose larger-than-life image speaks volumes for the extent to which the spirit of God in the heart of man can transform the ordinary man into an extraordinary one. Here is someone that no existing word or words in the lexicons of all known languages can comfortably describe; one, of whom it is a rare privilege to write about.

His strides are Genius: Genius is creative insight. Insight is the capacity to uncover and understand hidden truths. Understanding itself is the by-product of knowledge. But knowledge itself is not the source of power. It is the intelligent and creative application of this knowledge that stands him out in any crowd anywhere

He is humble: As Orison Swett Marden said, “Success is not measured by what you accomplished but by the opposition you encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds. Recalling the TB Joshua saga and a whole lot more this man has maintained an unusual sort of calmness and mutual respect for his detractors. Yes I know that everyone can maintain composures but it takes some extra muscles to withstand especially when one commands a large cavalry as does this man.

Extraordinary: The life of Pastor Chris has remained astonishing in every respect and at best enigmatic because of the simplicity with which he effects changes and achieves goals in tasks which ordinarily are considered impossible. For a man who believes that nothing is impossible in a very impossible environment, words cannot qualify him. His passion for the lost souls of men is legendary, so much so that he leaves no stone unturned in the quest to get men to Christ. His stand over the years has been for people to have passion for what they believe in, the power of conviction to throw in everything into it and to get as many people as possible through every available means and medium, to believe in the same thing; to go the extra length to prove that what you believe in is worth every trouble you encounter in the process of doing so. Such is the power that drives extraordinary men of influence. And that I believe, gave us one of the greatest gifts God has bestowed on our generation.

A man of immeasurable wealth of wisdom, a man fully given to kingdom values, whose passion for God is eloquently manifested in the reverberating impact his teachings have made globally and the task he has set for himself to impact the world with the character of the spirit of God. Pablo Picasso once told a story of his conversation with his mother when he was a boy. According to Picasso, his mother told him that if he became a monk, he would end up as a Pope and that if he joined the army, he would be a Napoleon. But fortunately for him, he became a painter and ended up as Picasso.

If Pastor Chris was a businessman, he would rank with the Bill Gates and Carlos Sims of the world; if he was a politician, he would become a President of Presidents, but he followed his calling, and, today, he is impacting more lives than all the business people and the world presidents put together. Such is the amazing gift God in his infinite wisdom bestowed on this generation. To say that his life is exemplary is an understatement, because he never teaches what has not worked for him, which aptly captures Albert Schweitzer’s words when he said that “Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing.”

He deserves the respect due him!

1 Like

Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by dare2think: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
@ Tonye-t

The topic of Pastor Chris is very subjective and it depends upon each individual to judge the impact he has on them.

I respect your view of this man and you are wholly entitled to your opinion.

As for me, I just don't subscribe to the type of "personality cult"  built around him that seems to elevate him more than Christ. However, it's another debate on how much control he has on the elevation bestowed on him. He might be innocent and he might enjoy the ego massaging.

I dis-agree with a notion in your last paragraph in which you state that ", he is impacting more lives than all the business people and the world presidents put together".

To me that is a sentimental statement because there are lots of Business people who make impacts in the world, it all depend on your definition of "impact".
Steve jobs has impacted more lives with his "I" brand and Bill gates, in my opinion, impacts more lives with his  humanitarian acts which is evident on his foundation's website.

Finally, I respect your view of the man, however, I personally refuse to give so much deference to any "MAN", pastor or business man, GOD is the only the entity in which I give so much adoration and respect.  While I respect the humbleness exhibited by Christ during his lifetime as described in the bible.

Cheers.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2011
dare2think:

@ Tonye-t

The topic of Pastor Chris is very subjective and it depends upon each individual to judge the impact he has on them.

I respect your view of this man and you are wholly entitled to your opinion.

As for me, I just don't subscribe to the type of "personality cult"  built around him that seems to elevate him more than Christ. However, it's another debate on how much control he has on the elevation bestowed on him. He might be innocent and he might enjoy the ego massaging.

I dis-agree with a notion in your last paragraph in which you state the ", he is impacting more lives than all the business people and the world presidents put together".

To me that is a sentimental statement because there are lots of Business people who make impacts in the world, it all depend on your definition of "impact".
Steve jobs has impacted more lives with is "I" brand and Bill gates, in my opinion, impacts more lives with his  humanitarian acts which is evident on his foundation's website.

Finally, I respect your view of the man, however, I personally refuse to give so much deference to any "MAN", pastor or business man, GOD is the only the entity in which I give so much adoration and respect.  While I respect the humbleness exhibited by Christ during his lifetime as described in the bible.

Cheers.

We might not agree on everything grin

But your analysis is just 100% spot on.

God Bless.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Kay17: 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
@OP Christianity is nothing more than man worship. This confirms it.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by PastorKun(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2011
Even Osama bin laden was highly respected by his followers, likewise Adolf hitler. Mohammed is even far more respected and he as inspired far more people to perdition than a million pastor chris can ever achieve so what is the big deal about being respected? Even our thieving politicians command a lot of respect. Please stop all these personality cult and focus on christ. Oyaks is not better than any other of his fellow charlatan false prophets and scammers fleecing people with the name of God.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Arosa(m): 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2011
op, ok I respect pastor Chris, are you happy now?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Demdem(m): 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2011
Above all, he is still A MAN
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Image123(m): 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2011
Sing me a lullaby.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by JeSoul(f): 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
Someone should've told Jesus to respect the religious leaders of his time.

Imagine Him calling them names like brood of vipers, white-washed tombs, foolish men, blind guides etc etc . . . talk about disrespectful.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
^^^^
so you will call your pastor brood of viper? cheesy

People get the bible wrong and use it to their own damnation. It takes an anointed man to rebuke an anointed man.I'm talking about being anointed into an office.  Jesus was an apostle, paul was an apostle. John was a prophet . They had authority by the virtue of their office to rebuke. 

This is not thesame as individual Christians exhibiting their carnality by  insulting anointed men. This is purely against bible teachings.

Romans 14:4
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Even paul had to apologise for insulting the high priest out of provocation. Even though the high priest did wrong.

1 Like

Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by aletheia(m): 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2011
@Topic:
grin grin grin

I'll start respecting the man, the day he returns stolen goods and money to the rightful owners. . .until then he is a thief.
Lawrence Agada, general cashier of Sheraton Hotels and Towers, Ikeja, will not forget January 12, in a hurry. On that fateful day, Chris Oyakhilome, pastor of Christ Embassy Church , Oregun, prophesied in a letter to him that God would do mighty things in his life. “He will cause you to excel and lift you up so high that the world can’t but take notice of you, in Jesus name. Amen.” Agada attracted the prophecy for sowing a seed of a 250 KVA generator valued at N4.4 million to the headquarters of Christ Embassy.

There was no stopping him after that. In no time he had spent N39 million on various projects and personal donations to pastors of Christ Embassy Church . But rather than receive reward for his seed sowing, Agada has landed into trouble. He was handed over to the police last week for stealing the money from his employers, to fund church projects.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 9:59pm On Nov 04, 2011
. . . and thug --- or head of thugs at least (even leaving aside the false teaching, heresies and fake "miracles"wink

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/4od#3252995

Local journalist Simon Ateba says it's almost impossible to establish their true wealth. Simon takes the team to the headquarters of Christ Embassy. He claims that two years ago when he tried to take photographs of the building, security guards dragged him inside and beat him until he fainted. Soon after he tells this story, security guards drag Rhodes into the building by his belt. He escapes unscathed.

So much for "walking in love"!
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by dare2think: 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2011
Joagbajee:

^^^^

People get the bible wrong and use it to their own damnation. It takes an anointed man to rebuke an anointed man.[/b]I'm talking about being anointed into an office.  Jesus was an apostle, paul was an apostle. John was a prophet . They had authority by the virtue of their office to rebuke.  

This is not thesame as individual Christians exhibiting their carnality by  insulting [b]anointed men.
This is purely against bible teachings.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

Even paul had to apologise for insulting the high priest out of provocation. Even though the high priest did wrong.

Where you there when this "MEN" where annointed? How do you know their annointement is from God?       Should every Tom, manliness and harry that calls the name of JESUS be regarded as anointed?

Dude you are free to worship "MEN" , just stop expecting others to conform to your subordination.

Note my emphasis on MEN, they poo like the rest of us, they were born like the rest of us,  and guess what?,  they'll die like the rest of us. Because at the end of the day,  THEY ARE NOT GOD BUT MERE men THAT WERE PUSHED OUT OF THEIR MOTHER'S WOMB JUST LIKE YOU AND I
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by mabell: 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2011
aletheia:

@Topic:
grin grin grin

I'll start respecting the man, the day he returns stolen goods and money to the rightful owners. . .until then he is a thief.

What money did he steal from who.
Was the stolen money given to God or to pastor Chris?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by aletheia(m): 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2011
mabell:

What money did he steal from who.
Was the stolen money given to God or to pastor Chris?
Let me break it down for you nepios;
If someone steals money and gives it to you, and you refuse to return it after it is shown to you that it is stolen then you are also a thief.

(1 Tim 5:22) Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.
By receiving stolen money and refusing to return it, Oyakhilome has taken part in Agada's stealing. . .so he's a thief. Come to think of it: you lot claim he's the next best thing to Jesus, how come he lacked the discernment to know the goods were stolen. . .certainly we can compare him to Peter in the case of Ananias and Sapphira. The difference is clear. You may also wish to ponder the words of Jesus concerning so-called "gifts to God".

Chris Oyakhilome is a thief.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2011
Actually let me amuse myself with one of Joagbaje "specials":

Local journalist Simon Ateba says it's almost impossible to establish their true wealth. Simon takes the team to the headquarters of Christ Embassy. He claims that two years ago when he tried to take photographs of the building, security guards dragged him inside and beat him until he fainted. Soon after he tells this story, security guards drag Rhodes into the building by his belt. He escapes unscathed.

@ Pastor Joagbaje --- what does "escapes" mean in that quote? He "ran away" as you claimed Jesus did when the word "escaped" was used in a Bible passage/version? Or does it mean he "hid" --- again as you claimed Jesus did (whether under the table or under the pulpit we don't know)?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 04, 2011
Joagbajee:

^^^^

People get the bible wrong and use it to their own damnation. It takes an anointed man to rebuke an anointed man.I'm talking about being anointed into an office.  Jesus was an apostle, paul was an apostle. John was a prophet . They had authority by the virtue of their office to rebuke. 

This is not thesame as individual Christians exhibiting their carnality by  insulting anointed men. This is purely against bible teachings.

It appears that you have no clue as to what the word anointed means.

Every child of God is anointed.

Again just like you reserve the title of MOG for your so called privileged pastors, you also twist scripture to tell a huge LIE that only men like Chris and his cohorts are anointed.

anointed in the right context means :

χρίω

1) to anoint

a) consecrating Jesus to the Messianic office, and furnishing him with the necessary powers for its administration
b) enduing Christians with the gifts of the Holy Spirit

Truly sad that you sort of enjoy spreading error.

Well we are here to combat these errors.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Azibalua(f): 10:51pm On Nov 04, 2011
aletheia:

Let me break it down for you nepios;
If someone steals money and gives it to you, and you refuse to return it after it is shown to you that it is stolen then you are also a thief.
(1 Tim 5:22) Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure.
By receiving stolen money and refusing to return it, Oyakhilome has taken part in Agada's stealing. . .so he's a thief. Come to think of it: you lot claim he's the next best thing to Jesus, how come he lacked the discernment to know the goods were stolen. . .certainly we can compare him to Peter in the case of Ananias and Sapphira. The difference is clear. You may also wish to ponder the words of Jesus concerning so-called "gifts to God".
Was the money given to pastor chris or to God?
When you make a giving, you give to God and not to anybody else!
All this talk of pastor chris collecting monies and not returning it is childish and very nepiotic .
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Azibalua(f): 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2011
dare2think:

Where you there when this "MEN" where annointed? How do you know their annointement is from God?       Should every Tom, manliness and harry that calls the name of JESUS be regarded as anointed?
Dude you are free to worship "MEN" , just stop expecting others to conform to your subordination.
Note my emphasis on MEN, they poo like the rest of us, they were born like the rest of us,  and guess what?,  they'll die like the rest of us. Because at the end of the day,  THEY ARE NOT GOD BUT MERE men THAT WERE PUSHED OUT OF THEIR MOTHER'S WOMB JUST LIKE YOU AND I
How do you know it is not of God?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 10:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
Azibalua:

Was the money given to pastor chris or to God?

ah, you want he/she to call God thief? Maybe churches should be some special koboko angels who will ask individual where they get their money before they drop it. cool
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by dare2think: 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2011
The maggots are out to defend the butterfly.

@ Azibula,

Did they not teach you in whatever versity you attended not to answer a question with another question?

The onus is on you to prove the "anointment" as I am the one disproving the ridiculous claim of anointment because it is not something you see with the Unclad eyes.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Azibalua(f): 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2011
Ah joagbajee
You have changed id! grin
Don't mind him/her am sure angels with koboko are already flogging his /her behind that's why the thinking pattern is strange
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Azibalua(f): 11:09pm On Nov 04, 2011
dare2think:

The maggots are out to defend the butterfly.
@ Azibula,
Did they not teach you in whatever versity you attended not to answer a question with another question?
The onus is on you to prove the "anointment" as I am the one disproving the ridiculous claim of anointment because it is not something you see with the Unclad eyes.
At least I went to one
See your grammar
How do you know their annointement is from God
so which university did you attend grin grin grin
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by dare2think: 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2011
Correct the grammar then.
undecided
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Azibalua(f): 11:37pm On Nov 04, 2011
shocked shocked grin
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 12:09am On Nov 05, 2011
frosbel:

It appears that you have no clue as to what the word anointed means.

Don't be too quick to assume what I don't know. You may just be the ignorant person here. So let's be humble.

Every child of God is anointed.

There are different kinds of anointing.  It could mean to be empowered, To be elected, to be smeared with oil ,to be chosen , consencrated into an office etc.

g5548. χρίω chriō; probably akin to 5530 through the idea of contact; to smear or rub with oil, i.e. (by implication) to consecrate to an office or religious service: — anoint. AV (5) - anoint 5; I.to anoint A.consecrating Jesus to the Messianic office, and furnishing him with the necessary powers for its administration B.enduing Christians with the gifts of the Holy Spirit

We are not talking about the general anointing of every christian. We are talking about being consecrated into an office. Hope you understand the difference.

Israel as a nation had the general "anointing" in a sense but  those who know the Word of God understand the difference. David couldn't kill Saul because of the anointing . He prevented abishai from killing king Saul .

1 Samuel 26:9
9 And David said to Abishai, Destroy him not: for who can stretch forth his hand against the Lord's anointed, and be guiltless?

Frosbel, was David talking about general anointing on everybody here or he was making reference to the office of the king? Think on this and respond.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Tsammy: 12:17am On Nov 05, 2011
@Aletheia

[quote][/quote]

Be it known to you first of all, that death and life are in the power of the Tongue, Proverb 18: 21. Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, Proverb 6: 2. Remember Mariam to Moses, read to know the mind of God, Numbers 12: 1 - 10. Ignorant of the scripture does not exempt you. Maybe take a look at David's wife - Michal, 2Sam 6: 20 - 23. NOTE, David was the Lord's anointed. I will not be apologetic, rather give you the truth, you can joke with other issues, but not Men of God, this is the mind of God. BE WISE, JUST A PIECE OF ADVICE.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 12:18am On Nov 05, 2011
Who ordained Oyakhilome?

Who "anointed" or "consecrated" him to/for the office of "pastor"?
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Joagbajee: 12:34am On Nov 05, 2011
Enigma:

Who ordained Oyakhilome?
Who "anointed" or "consecrated" him to/for the office of "pastor"?

It's God.

2 Corinthians 1:21
21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Enigma(m): 12:39am On Nov 05, 2011
^ Just like God anointed and ordained Enigma, Frosbel, aletheia etc.

Therefore as anointed and ordained of God, we are authorised to speak of Oyakhilome's false teachings and heresies.
Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 05, 2011
Joagbajee:

Don't be too quick to assume what I don't know. You may just be the ignorant person here. So let's be humble.

Indeed

There are different kinds of anointing.  It could mean to be empowered, To be elected, to be smeared with oil ,to be chosen , consencrated into an office etc.

Let's talk about the anointing of the Holy Spirit in the New Testament.

The oil anointing was for kingship and also an antitype of the Holy Spirit anointing in the new testament.

There are diverse gifts from the Holy Spirit, but they are gifts not anointing. The anointing is general for all believers , there is no special anointing.

As a fellow brother put it, "Christians may be particularly gifted in certain areas or called to ministries that others are not; but each of them is anointed by the same Spirit for the work of the ministry. The message of the New Testament is: different gifts, different callings, but one Spirit and one anointing. All Christians have the Holy Spirit, are anointed, and are a part of God's royal priesthood.".

We are not talking about the general anointing of every christian. We are talking about being consecrated into an office. Hope you understand the difference.

There is no higher office in the bible , let the greatest among you be the least, have you heard this somewhere before  undecided

We are servants not Lords.

Israel as a nation had the general "anointing" in a sense but  those who know the Word of God understand the difference. David couldn't kill Saul because of the anointing . He prevented abishai from killing king Saul .

The church is now the new ISRAEL, our anointing is of the Holy Spirit.

1 Samuel 26:9
9 And David said to Abishai, Destroy him not: for who can stretch forth his hand against the Lord's anointed, and be guiltless?

old testament stuff, we are in a better age of grace.

Frosbel, was David talking about general anointing on everybody here or he was making reference to the office of the king? Think on this and respond.

King of course , but not super pastor or special prophet. No such thing exists in the new testament.

Next time you meet Bro. Chris, show him this bible verse below :

"We appeal gently when evil things are said about us. Yet we are treated like the world's garbage, like everybody's trash--right up to the present moment." - 1 Corinthians 4:13

1 Like

Re: I Believe Pastor Chris Should Be Respected by aletheia(m): 12:46am On Nov 05, 2011
Tsammy:

Be it known to you first of all, that death and life are in the power of the Tongue, Proverb 18: 21. Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, Proverb 6: 2. Remember Mariam to Moses, read to know the mind of God, Numbers 12: 1 - 10. Ignorant of the scripture does not exempt you. Maybe take a look at David's wife - Michal, 2Sam 6: 20 - 23. NOTE, David was the Lord's anointed. I will not be apologetic, rather give you the truth, you can joke with other issues, but not Men of God, this is the mind of God. BE WISE, JUST A PIECE OF ADVICE.
1) I repeat: for accepting stolen goods and refusing to return them; Chris Oyakhilome is a thief. The arguments that the money was given to God is lame. God does not need money and God does not accept tainted goods (see Elisha, Gehazi and Naaman; also Ananias and Sapphira) not to talk of stolen goods.

2) Go an study why Aaron and Miriam were rebuked. Chris Oyakhilome is not Moses.

3) David was the Lord's anointed - so is every born again man or woman.

4) Chris Oyakhilome is a false teacher and by the authority of scripture, there is nothing to be afraid of concerning him or his acolytes.
When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Christ Embassy is a cult of Mammon worshipers, a conclave of people with itching ears who have gathered to themselves teachers who tell them what they want to hear, a licentious, libertine and sensual cesspit of corruption masquerading under false piety.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet The Smartest Christian Alive With An IQ Reportedly Between 190 And 210 / Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa / Dr. Paul And Becky Enenche Celebrate 27th Wedding Anniversary (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.