Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) (81560 Views)

Beautiful Lady Drops Suicide Note On Facebook (Photos) / Man Found Dead Alongside His Girlfriend In Delta Left 'Suicide Note' / Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by godofuck231: 9:08pm On Jan 11
Congratulations tinubu, score 1 for APC
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Enemyofpeace: 9:16pm On Jan 11
Idaraobong5:
I'm a marketer, this crosses my mind most times but I cant just do it.
Superiors will always make you feel useless and worthless.
it's because I'm always there for you now

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Cerberus(m): 9:21pm On Jan 11
An accurate summation of this accursed society dared to be called a natiom.
Faposky95:

we are in a drug imposed stricken society where all we mainly jeer is the downfall of people we deem not as necessary.
Govt is a sham here. Do we think we're far from Haiti....?!
Sociologists and Psychologists......actually do what....?
Thank God for the Righteous in the land that do well towards humanity....or else we would have been doomed.
If she resorted to drugs, would she have died....?
My heart breaks.....
My sister, you died gunning........
Rest

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by AzaHub(f): 9:21pm On Jan 11
Enemyofpeace:
Fine babe. See fine shape, better breasts, fine legs, better ikebe. All gone too soon

All because....

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Enemyofpeace: 9:22pm On Jan 11
AzaHub:

All because....
how far? Are you still coming tonight?
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by AzaHub(f): 9:24pm On Jan 11
Enemyofpeace:
how far? Are you still coming tonight?
Coming to where o?

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Enemyofpeace: 9:29pm On Jan 11
AzaHub:

Coming to where o?
my place now. I don't clean house, cook your favourite food and drank alomo
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Electrochemistry(m): 9:41pm On Jan 11
No one mentions the terrible ordeal we are going through under the current government.

A lot of people are already fed up with the system. Those who have the money are moving out of the country in great number.

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Cerberus(m): 10:02pm On Jan 11
I'm even surprised that several of the comments here aren't rebuking the dead or feeling pious as is irritatingly common with many of us in this country when it comes to talking about someone who is down.

But sincerely, our sense of awareness about mental health issues is just too poor. Unfortunately, that is steadily backfiring, especially now that the nation we call home relentlessly chokes more and more people of their sanity, hope and humanity. The majority keeps supporting the wrong things, and yet always the first to mock and badmouth the victims of those wrong things they supported together.
blowjohn:

U won't understand.
Mental illness is something Nigerians underrate a lot.

What will make a man kill another man cos of 20k?

Do u understand what depression is?

Do u know anything about psychiatry?

Do u know there is only a thing line between sanity and insanity?

Do u know how chemicals in the brain work?

Why is addiction difficult to stop?

See let me tell u something: what ur going thru is not what that Lady went thru.

Medically, if u know what depression and anxiety can cause u will be shocked to ur bones.

Spiritually if u understand that they can be connected, u will thank God for ur life every minute.

Mental illness is no joke. It's scary, eerie, complex, strange yet the society pays no mind.

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Cerberus(m): 10:10pm On Jan 11
Ha so you already believe him?? Just like that?!
Sofialuv:
which side are you

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by blowjohn(m): 10:15pm On Jan 11
Cerberus:
I'm even surprised that several of the comments here aren't rebuking the dead or feeling pious as is irritatingly common with many of us in this country when it comes to talking about someone who is down.

But sincerely, our sense of awareness about mental health issues is just too poor. Unfortunately, that is steadily backfiring, especially now that the nation we call home relentlessly chokes more and more people of their sanity, hope and humanity. The majority keeps supporting the wrong things, and yet always the first to mock and badmouth the victims of those wrong things they supported together.

More life, good health to u.

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by obotematics: 11:31pm On Jan 11
Chai, There is God oh!
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by pansophist(m): 11:38pm On Jan 11
People need to realise that your efforts are mostly meaningless is a dysfunctional system. It's like biking uphill, or swimming against the tide, you will not be able to hold on for long.

Nigeria failed her. The country also failed her parents, which has rendered their generational effort meaningless. You can do everything right and still fail, it's not your fault, it's the system you're surviving under.

My condolence to her family and may her soul rest in perfect peace. This saddens my heart. Seeing hardworking folks ending their life. Sad.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by bigman001(m): 11:46pm On Jan 11
officialwdhtv:
Reports reaching us are that a certain Amarachi, who is a staff of Globus Bank, Ikorodu, Lagos committed suicide yesterday

Very sad!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.instagram.com/p/C187Xxornv9/?igsh=cjA0b2FoMnZhaWVu

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0re4joj7tk6KCx3JCAQdQPUBmB32RryzQNF6bSq8683wpk5oxuZzj6FR11ZDcKP23l&id=100055509911912&mibextid=2JQ9oc

All Marketing department mostly in the Banks are very toxic, with bunch of crazy sadist called boss, they pay them low , yet they work like kin ku, these really needs to be looked into. they either pay them well enough to make them scale through the hard economy or they try and make the environment non toxic anymore, which i doubt.

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by ignisaqua(f): 12:07am On Jan 12
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by patomberekpe(m): 3:52am On Jan 12
I have never seen anyone who have died that people did not say rest in peace, even when a Boko haram who killed 100 people died people will still type RIP, what exactly is this resting in peace for" when she took a life she did not give to herself" she's burning in Hell God can not have Mercy on her, If God can have mercy on people who took their own life, then Thousands would be doing it because heaven is better that HELL CALLED NIGERIA BY TINUBU,
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by seunayantokun(m): 5:19am On Jan 12
Murder.
So, it looks to me.
Unfortunately, no one will do thorough investigation. I suspect murder. Autopsy, forensic, etc can reveal lots if the police want to work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by BigCowHornn: 5:27am On Jan 12
cucumbar:
How can a mid level banker be earning 70k or 80k ?

Some of you just write rubbish in a bid to sound intelligent. Why? You are misleading others.

It was clearly spelt out that she was an ET.

Always read before you comment, and get your facts before making baseless statements.

Wetin concern me and FT. I have never worked for anyone in my life nor do i know or care to know any employment structure in sector

Better shut up before ogun kee you there
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Imotman(m): 7:25am On Jan 12
Honestly I can fully relate to this.. 2016 a new generation bank.. never had rest of mind for a whole six months. Had to resign in the end to get my full sanity. Marketing jobs in Nigerian banks I nothing but 21st century slavery..

TheBTCinvestor
post=127883126:

My God...I remember when I used to work In the Diamond bank now Access bank in 2013 as a full staff marketer....I was bashed because of low figures, disgraced during MPR, talked down on my colleagues, my salary was poor and I felt my future was bleak. It was a long struggle till I left for keystone bank and the harassment to meet deposit and risk asset continued...Imagine being told to raise 400m in 6month
I was always responding to queries stating why i havent met 60percent of my target..this affected me in many ways and I still have PTSD. Omo thank God....My Jehova came thru and gave me a good oil and gas offer that disgraced my enemies...They thought they had won by kicking me out..little did they know God had a better plan. Bank job is not for the weak!!!..I totally understand her frustration. cry
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by freeeeme(m): 7:27am On Jan 12
Brilliant comment, my fellow Netizen.
Financial sector is where one can remain at a level for 6 years, wherein a fresh graduate you onboard will receive times 3 of your salary. I nearly commit suicide because of this humiliation before I left the company.
I will forever thank God for the decision I took, instead of taking my precious life he has given me.
Let's call on NLC or required institutions to look into employee's affairs in this private sectors
dominique:
The bank has a big hand in her death. The government need to wake up and set up an institution that caters to staff welfare. NLC only fights for government workers' minimum wage and their own pockets. We need a regulatory body where staff can report workplaces with bad working conditions. These banks give their marketers ridiculous targets yet no one is talking about it. Now someone has taken her life due to the pressure, things must not continue like this.
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Thabothabo101: 7:51am On Jan 12
superCleanworks:
Not every one has the mental and emotional strength and ability to see life with a different point of view that would make them have hope and hold on to life.
Feel free to say she was WEAK, a COWARD, and every other vile name you can call her that makes you feel better than her. Words are very easy, Life is not.

Be Kind.

And for those who are going through hell on earth, remember we are all going to die in the end and none of all this will matter anymore so Please do not be in a hurry to end it.
There are people going through situations 7 times worse than yours in IDP CAMPS (constant rape + hunger) & also PRISON (due to false accusations) so, CALM DOWN.

Totally agree. Not everyone is that strong, it was her decision and hers alone.
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Haryordheji(m): 7:59am On Jan 12
The NLC and labour agencies needs to come into workers welfare, many banks , insurance workers are suffering from ridiculous target being set by their employers..
I can't forget my experience in banking and insurance, going to work is like going to court where you will be sentenced to all day stressed and hurtful words all because of target. All they want is that millions, billions and at the end you are being paid peanuts.
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by ChristEternal: 8:05am On Jan 12
when u feel you are at the end of the road, it is time for you to speak out, talk to someone, anyone dont take a suicide decisions, you can always restart. if life its not easy here what makes you feel its easy over there?
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by seye4God: 8:19am On Jan 12
LIFE, PATIENT & OPPORTUNITIES

*Life is so complex; however, in life's complexity, there are great opportunities especially when one hangs one's life around God and is sensitive to things happening around one.*... Bro. IGE, O. J.

I read two different stories of Nigerians who ended their lives as a result of depression. Note: No life is worthy of ending. Every leader and God's general went through tough situations. I remember vividly on *Wednesday, January 23, 2013,* when my family got an A4 paper from the US Embassy @Walter Carrington, Victoria Island, Lagos after spending all savings and borrowed money. During our tough situations, we should always remember that we cannot escape them. However, we should encourage ourselves because they will not surface forever; we will overcome them if we don't give up. To boost our ego, we should practice this statement *"To be at the peak, there are tough hurdles to cross"*.

Challenges are met to strengthen and build us for a greater tomorrow. Everyone encounters various challenges at different times. Your friend may be having it good now; please do not be too anxious; your breakthrough time is near. Open your spiritual eyes to see things differently and let your ears be widely open to things happening around you. Search for problems and begin to provide profitable solutions to them. Take some bold steps by building on the required 21st Century skills that would enable you to explore the world.

Please never make any attempt to end your life.🙏 It is not the best solution to your predicament. The best solution is hidden and that could be found within you. Search yourself thoroughly. Be involved in constant self-SWOT analysis.

Read books, look for like-minds and be humble. Engage in some works others find impossible to do because of their status. You can become a farmer. Farming is a lucrative business. You can be a middleman between the farmers and the consumers. Farmers are the richest producers now. As manufacturing companies are shutting down operations, farmers keep producing and making huge profits.

Take a calculative risk. There are some businesses you can start with no amount. I learnt that technique from the Igbos. The owner of Slot Nigeria Ltd started his business with no amount. He was a middleman between the seller and the buyer.

*Please drive your goal with your passion. There is nothing wrong in copying except if you don't copyright*. Great men try all kinds of businesses. Have multiple sources of income and never deviate from being diligent and honest.

Finally, don't ignore your Creator who has the power to elevate and promote one. Use your personal and professional skills for Him.

Bro. IGE, O. J.
Lagos, Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by judedwriter(m): 8:37am On Jan 12
hopeforcharles:
Hmmm, very strange a lady with atleast job prospects and income is this depressed what about those without any prospects at all? Life is not balanced, May God have Mercy on her Soul.

Hmmmm....

At least she has a job. So many people are jobless now.

Money doesn't solve depression.

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by charlypoker(m): 8:41am On Jan 12
Such a fine girl, You Just Go Kill Yourself Like That? You No Hear the Word "NO GREE FOR ANYBODY'?
Why you go loose guard? Why didn't you leave the bank and start your life each where?

Oh SNIPER, you've sent a lot of people to HELL. I suggest a total ban on SNIPER by FGN
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Danielomisco(m): 8:48am On Jan 12
AzaHub:

Little wonder.

MY FIGURES ARE LOW.

Which figure did people think she's talking about?

That's her major pain point. That's the trigger of her suicide.

Too sad.good one

I wish she could open up to someone.

DEAR READER,

We all go through stuffs.

SOLUTION: TALK TO SOMEONE. Anyone you are comfortable with. It could even be an online friend you'll never see. Somehow. They will help you survive.

SPEAK OUT. DONT BOTTLE IT.

Don't love your job more than your life.

Your family need you more.

Your employer will replace you dame day.

1 Like

Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by hopeforcharles(m): 10:02am On Jan 12
judedwriter:

Hmmmm....

At least she has a job. So many people are jobless now.

Money doesn't solve depression.
The basic things in life should be appreciated. May don't have it and are still surviving.
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Kelechi009: 1:02pm On Jan 12
BRATISLAVA:

Wedding ring?

True, I am just seeing it now. So where is her husband in all of this.
Re: Banker, Amarachi Ugochukwu Commits Suicide In Lagos (Pics, Suicide Note) by Kelechi009: 1:05pm On Jan 12
dominique:
The bank has a big hand in her death. The government need to wake up and set up an institution that caters to staff welfare. NLC only fights for government workers' minimum wage and their own pockets. We need a regulatory body where staff can report workplaces with bad working conditions. These banks give their marketers ridiculous targets yet no one is talking about it. Now someone has taken her life due to the pressure, things must not continue like this.

A Govt that doesn't care about its citizens cannot care about their welfare. A friend of mine that got a job in a Nigerian bank was mandated to bring customers with 50 million deposits. I was wondering where she would get 50 million from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Woman Plays Violin As Surgeons Operate On Her Brain In London Hospital / Charles Oben: GSK Drug Turned A Healthy Banker Into A Monster / Ekiti Government Speaks On Coronavirus In The State As American Man Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.