Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,445 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening (47531 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by tonicyril: 7:00pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more
I bought the basic need for my baby with 120k, na my wife even go by herself...

The family which u marry into matter tru tru..

The funny thing is that they will even be blackmailing u emotionally that how much did u give that u don't want them to hear words..

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by PastorOku: 7:02pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more

You are not wise. So, you cannot go to a baby store alongside your wife & buy the things together abi? Don't worry, hospital will also give you their own list a day before delivery. That day, you will know you have been scammed by your wife.

My wife also recently gave birth and for sure, I was much more wiser than the way you are handling this.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Chikel20000(m): 7:02pm On Jan 11
Comments wey I de read like dis don d make me fear marriage
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by tonicyril: 7:03pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Baba, I spent close to a million for my baby stuff.
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
I gave my wife 350K initially but she bought wasnt substantial.
She added her money and i gave her additional.
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba
Abeg shut it and go and sit down joo

Na same Nigeria we dey and what have u bought that we never buy..

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Askme2020(m): 7:04pm On Jan 11
XOGBADO:
Your wife and her mother are definitely playing a fast one on you. 400k in this economy should be enough to buy basic things, the rest can come later.
Things the child will need as least for the next three months. Maybe they see the guy as a Maga and they decide to bill him.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by tonicyril: 7:05pm On Jan 11
Pecoleee345:

Baby wardrobe is 1million

Those of us that spent less than 200k to buy baby things are poor nah.

Celebrating total wastage and bragging about it.
Don't mind the mu²

Talking rubbish with confidence, as hin be betta edu husband na
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Manuella4ace: 7:05pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba

Baby bed I bought 65k, my son did not sleep in it for 1 day.

Just get the necessary things abeg

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by PastorOku: 7:05pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

Which 1M? Did you build a one bedroom flat for the baby? Some of you can lie on the internet eh cheesy grin Chey
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Askme2020(m): 7:05pm On Jan 11
Rokiat:
Go and buy the basic yourself case closed thread closed.
Ask her for the list of things needed. Take it to market your and buy.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Harkyn92(m): 7:06pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

So mumu must you bring that here or you talk to your wife about it.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by zedegit: 7:06pm On Jan 11
EriMma1:
400k for baby things shocked. Even if she's buying designer wears and bottles 🍼 she won't spend more than 20k.

If I take her to mother care at balogun market she'll buy enough quality baby stuff and even some for herself and still bring back enough change. My brother forget Dem don use you cash out. Wetin?

Now, why buy baby drawer when you already have. Tell her to return it and use the to buy the remaining things. Abi you dey fear her?

How can somebody be wasting money in this kind of economy you come home here dey talk small small.

Too bad if her Mom is actually aiding her in such dubious venture.

Return wetin? If you be seller you go gree?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Askme2020(m): 7:06pm On Jan 11
advanceDNA:

One of the things I hate most is when my supposed partner that should be my number one supporter is the one being inconsiderate about spendings as if them dey pluck money for tree.

Baba .the money u gave her is more than enough ......But as u cannot talk on top ur own money and in ur own house ...give them another 700k......

No 700k too small. Make he triple the first giveaway so make he prepare fresh 1.2m and after the baby is born 30days later make he dey ready for another billing.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by mosicola(m): 7:06pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Na Jesus Christ you born to have spent over 1m? Which kind new year lie be this?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Gidah: 7:07pm On Jan 11
Things are cost I can say ,but sometimes your income and capabilities also matter ,don't spend more than you can afford or what would affect you on the long run,if you get to the baby market you would see enough that can even cost millions and there are people still using less than 100k in this same economy .so it takes sense woman want it all if you can keep providing the money blindlessly and don't listen to nairaland people and also deny your precious baby luxury things .if you can afford it go for it
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by whirlout: 7:07pm On Jan 11
Why are you here disturbing us. If you have issues with what your wife is doing, why don't you go sit her down and have said discussion. Were we there when you guiys were making the baby or do you want us to tell you to go beat her or go ask for the money back? Rubbish.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by PastorOku: 7:08pm On Jan 11
Chikel20000:
Comments wey I de read like dis don d make me fear marriage

Fear marriage abi fear responsibility?

We wey enter, we don die?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by PastorOku: 7:09pm On Jan 11
Manuella4ace:

Baby bed I bought 65k, my son did not sleep in it for 1 day.

Just get the necessary things abeg

Chey see lie grin Baby bed dat I bought 5k.. The one with mosquito net sef grin
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Askme2020(m): 7:09pm On Jan 11
Esthered:

I think it's your first hence the spending.
Why invest in a baby bed that the baby may not sleep in?
I'm comfortable stretching to reach my baby whom I share the bed with while husband puts up in another room.
Standing up can be so painful as it seems that my uterus and below wants to fall off let alone engorgement of my boobs due to excess bwest milk production. When baby wakes up, I reach out to her without leaving the bed to attend to her and I delivered with no tear but the recovery pain no be here.
The breast pump of 50k, was it the best bargain for electric pump? I got for 35k or is it the brand?
Dear OP, please go to pregnancy thread and look up for a comprehensive list and go to the market yourself.
My husband assisted me to shop this time although mine is no 2.
You head dey there.. u be confam...
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Askme2020(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11
Acidosis:

Maybe she spent the money on this baby rocker👇👇😄😄

Advise her to cut her coat according to her size. That money is enough for the essentials.
in this economy... U don't even cut according to Ur size but according to the material available. Maybe the wife see that Op got the money so she is willing and ready to spend it for him.

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Askme2020(m): 7:12pm On Jan 11
Pecoleee345:

Baby wardrobe is 1million

Those of us that spent less than 200k to buy baby things are poor nah.

Celebrating total wastage and bragging about it.
Abi, Na so Na .
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Manuella4ace: 7:12pm On Jan 11
PastorOku:

Everything no be lie see wetin I bought oga.

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Askme2020(m): 7:12pm On Jan 11
Pecoleee345:

Guy don't waste money on buying babies things.....at the end you will dash it out.

Open an account for your baby and start saving up for him/her.
Koko
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Manuella4ace: 7:13pm On Jan 11
PastorOku:

I bought both from jumia, once you put my son there he'll wake up.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by PastorOku: 7:14pm On Jan 11
oglalasioux:

The better lesson is to stay away from marriage. Marriage and religion will never work on planet earth no matter how we want to sentimentalise them. You can have children without getting into that fraud called marriage.

Just talk say u no get money to marry we go understand than all dis grammer grin
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by alezzy13: 7:14pm On Jan 11
PastorOku:

Bed for 5k For this current economy? 😳

Sure day na bed you buy so??
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Atarakpa: 7:15pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

tell to do account for you and see query
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by mabea: 7:16pm On Jan 11
Rokiat:
With which money
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by alezzy13: 7:17pm On Jan 11
Manuella4ace:

Everything no be lie see wetin I bought oga.

No mind the guy. He's obviously trolling. Even in the best of times, which cot can one get for 5k?

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by beejay85: 7:19pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

Young man relax... Na their way.. You be happy and pray for safe delivery.. Shikena
Around 7yrs ago, went with my wife to shop for our baby. The budget was 200k.
Amongst all she bought, d one that rang a bell in my head was d wig she bought-70k shocked shocked
I no fit shout... When I protested gently , d traders join in her support grin wetin man go do?
So bros comot eye, do ur best, leave the rest and expect d very from Baba GOD
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by bigtt76(f): 7:20pm On Jan 11
Oga goan buy the things yourself o ...that 400k na push money you don give am so cheesy

Valoromega:

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by maasoap(m): 7:21pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

Lol. What were you waiting for before the amount you released reached 400k? You should have called her attention to it after the first 100k received by her. Now, it is too late, you must give her additional money.
BTW: you got us confused with your "both" instead of "bought".

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Sicklebear28: 7:22pm On Jan 11
Rokiat:

Simple. I don't even see any problem here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Some Ladies Are Destroying Their Marriage Without Knowing / My Country People, Is This Really A Kiss Or Fight? / Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64