Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening (47272 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Enemyofpeace: 6:39pm On Jan 11
The reason I'm not yet married to Prettygirl200 at 49. I don't want any marital stress.

Bros, you no get choice o, you just have to give her more money
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by greatestman(m): 6:40pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more

Please buy this first. This is hospital list given to me for my second child.
My daughter which is 2 years plus and happened to be my first child I didn't spend up to N300k for virtually all we need and they're of great quality which my second born is still using.
But you know people taste differs.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Opus85(m): 6:40pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Baba, I spent close to a million for my baby stuff.
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
I gave my wife 350K initially but she bought wasnt substantial.
She added her money and i gave her additional.
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba

Oga na you wan spend unnecessary money. All this things you bought, did the baby use all of them. Breast pump 50k. Many of us have babies too, the wife and mum are reaping him off forget about things being expensive.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Chummynoni(m): 6:41pm On Jan 11
You made a terrible mistake giving them the money at a go. They see you as a richman, reason they insist on more. An average nigerian is greedy, and insatiable. She and your mom should have been the ones to get the listed items or she and a trusted female relative, not she and her mom. Trust me, some of the money you gave to them have been used to solved personal issue in her family. If some expectant parents have this 400k now, trust me, they wouldnt need any more momey till the child is 6months. You are dealing with money-vampires
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by ednut1(m): 6:41pm On Jan 11
Dont marry into brokw families. Tufiakwa
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by SavageMaster: 6:42pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more

I bought baby things for our first baby together with my wife.

Later on, we realized we bought a lot of things we didn't need and we actually overspent.

Since your wife's mother is more experienced, she should help your wife make better choices.

I think you should follow your wife to market next time. Before then, get a list of necessary things to buy, and stick with it

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by dandollaz: 6:43pm On Jan 11
Rejouir:
don't say this, babies bed are specially made for babies for a reason.
Ok till then you will see how the mama will now have strength to stand and pick the baby from baby bed instead keep the baby beside her.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by JERRY1925(m): 6:43pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

U have money oh
Na me and my wife go buy all the baby thing she need.

Fact is, I stricked out what was not necessary.

Be a man.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Opus85(m): 6:43pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

You are right, It is my first. The baby is yet to arrive so I may not know all the things needed like the bed. Yes people advised against getting the court that he may not likely sleep in it but then, lets just get it. My wife went to the market to buy all these with her friend and she is a very prudent person. Like she bargains more than me. As for the pump, she ordered it so it was a fixed price, could have been the brand

Even when it was my first baby, I never spent unnecessarily. Even the things we bought for the baby weren't even used. After all this spending, also know ọmụgwọ is there too coming up. Things the baby will outgrow within months.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by elasticlala: 6:44pm On Jan 11
XOGBADO:
Your wife and her mother are definitely playing a fast one on you. 400k in this economy should be enough to buy basic things, the rest can come later.
In this life, don't always be quick to judge.... by the time the wife will come out now to say her part of the story, the matter go weak you.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Kog45(m): 6:44pm On Jan 11
This marriage will not last if you don't act as a man.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Fatbam005: 6:45pm On Jan 11
Day money buy plot of land somewhere for village..
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by carzeem1: 6:45pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

Thats the reason her mom went with her, she's expecting to know the basic things a child needs, i'm sure shes even the one that told her to buy some of those things
At this point, best you can do is move on, and always let your wife know exactly what you expect from money given to her. ( If you have to make it black and white, please do)
Some women have poor understanding on the stress men go tru in making a living. They might get to understand later, till then just manage the situation.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by mukthar2000(m): 6:45pm On Jan 11
Oga next time go along with ur pregnant wife u can both pick the baby needs and pay urself,next te don't involve ur mother inlaw in such activities. Sorry for the inconveniences

May God Almighty delivered her successfully.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by JERRY1925(m): 6:46pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba

Na u wan spend close to one million. My baby sleep for my bed for night.
Anyway if there's money..spend 5mill e no concern anybody.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Facidio: 6:46pm On Jan 11
The only advice I will give u is to keep separately another 500k for the delivery. If she delivers naturally, thank God cos you will spend less, but if she's to deliver through CS, you will need that 500k or even more.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Paracetamol01: 6:48pm On Jan 11
Why didn't you do the buying

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Prettygirl200(f): 6:49pm On Jan 11
Enemyofpeace:
The reason I'm not yet married to Prettygirl200 at 49. I don't want any marital stress.

Bros, you no get choice o, you just have to give her more money
Who be this one? Who wan marry you? 😏😏😏
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by expensivediamon(m): 6:49pm On Jan 11
Please relax yourself. If you have money and she request for more give her but if you don't have relax.

Most of all these buying are not necessary. Come to village and see women given birth in Primary health centre with buying just Spirit, olive oil, bucket, slippers, pampers, pads, towel, two baby dress, wrapper (Ankara material) and baby milk/sachet bournvita and milk for mother.

Most of the things that causes friction in marriages are things that are inconsequential.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by incogni2o: 6:50pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

You are definitely living large. Not everyone spends luxuriously on babies. You definitely did that
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by reservd(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

The hospital she uses for antenatal would've provided a list of must have for delivery, then other basics that must be available before delivery, you know better the kind of woman you have, you should have asked for a budget while you discuss what must be bought with the 400k. You just dropped money without having an idea of what is expected, you goofed, she's just being a woman, you didn't play your part completely

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by enzojaylini: 6:51pm On Jan 11
Wrll you
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Enemyofpeace: 6:53pm On Jan 11
Prettygirl200:
Who be this one? Who wan marry you? 😏😏😏
baby baby. Na me now. I was the one that boughted waste beads and underwears for you this last Christmas kiss kiss kiss
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by ivolt: 6:54pm On Jan 11
Stop projecting beyond your means, you guys won't listen.
She knows she will get more money, that is why the first one was spent recklessly.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Valoromega: 6:55pm On Jan 11
reservd:

The hospital she uses for antenatal would've provided a list of must have for delivery, then other basics that must be available before delivery, you know better the kind of woman you have, you should have asked for a budget while you discuss what must be bought with the 400k. You just dropped money without having an idea of what is expected, you goofed, she's just being a woman, you didn't play your part completely

They did , she didn’t even wait for the list before she started buying . After buying unnecessary things she brought it and said this is the list of things the hospital gave her to buy
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by flexyrule(m): 6:56pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Bed 200k??

You no get who don already born for una family ni?

That's a waste man.

400k is more than enough chief...
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by incogni2o: 6:56pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

You are right, It is my first. The baby is yet to arrive so I may not know all the things needed like the bed. Yes people advised against getting the court that he may not likely sleep in it but then, lets just get it. My wife went to the market to buy all these with her friend and she is a very prudent person. Like she bargains more than me. As for the pump, she ordered it so it was a fixed price, could have been the brand

I'll advice you to begin involving yourself in your wives spending receipts/quotations, Economy isn't smiling.

If you are very well able, fine. But 1m even for first baby? haba. and you still said your wife is the prudent type

How may Pampers, How many Milk, How may cloths will the baby wear after 1 year. I guess she bought none of these.

Give your wife's spending close marking to save yourself in case of future drought.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by flexyrule(m): 6:57pm On Jan 11
Acidosis:

Maybe she spent the money on this baby rocker👇👇😄😄

Advise her to cut her coat according to her size. That money is enough for the essentials.
BABY Rocker that baby won't stay quiet inside?

From day 1 to at least 4 months babies that love to be held and cuddled.

Put them inside that rocker and hear them turn into an alarm!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by zedegit: 6:58pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

Maybe you gave her the impression that you have too much money. Besides this attitude na girls wey dey jobless get am. If na yansh and bweast she bring come your table. Na so.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by VaginaAcademic: 6:58pm On Jan 11
Leg dey pain you to go market by yourself mine i did all the shopping heaven didn't fall
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by pdabiri: 6:59pm On Jan 11
EriMma1:
400k for baby things shocked. Even if she's buying designer wears and bottles 🍼 she won't spend more than 20k.

If I take her to mother care at balogun market she'll buy enough quality baby stuff and even some for herself and still bring back enough change. My brother forget Dem don use you cash out. Wetin?

Now, why buy baby drawer when you already have. Tell her to return it and use the to buy the remaining things. Abi you dey fear her?

How can somebody be wasting money in this kind of economy you come home here dey talk small small.

Too bad if her Mom is actually aiding her in such dubious venture.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by reservd(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

They did , she didn’t even wait for the list before she started buying . After buying unnecessary things she brought it and said this is the list of things the hospital gave her to buy
Well, as I said earlier, she's just reasoning emotionally as expected of a woman, but I'm surprised her Mom is involved yet allowed her do these, you've learnt your lesson, apply wisdom in your next spending

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Man Storms His Ex-wife’s House To Retrieve The Car He Bought Her(Video) / 'I Want To Cheat On My Runaway Husband'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.