Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening (47540 Views)

We Are Expecting A Baby But My Wife Wants Me To Buy Christmas Rice For Her Mom / Go And Do A Paternity Test On You Children, Especially Your First Child / The Girl Child And Sex! Mistakes African Mothers Make By Ayeni Faith Damilola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by SmartyPants(m): 7:23pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Baba, I spent close to a million for my baby stuff.
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
I gave my wife 350K initially but she bought wasnt substantial.
She added her money and i gave her additional.
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba

So with what you've just said, does it make sense that she didn't buy the most expensive and most essential thing like the bed you mentioned but instead bought the much cheaper and less essential duvet?
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Askme2020(m): 7:23pm On Jan 11
Switinthemiddle:
Bros be like ur senior brother na ib d dende. this ur baby things money don reach settle some people for life
I dey tell you.. I dey look for money to pay down payment for HP and have another source of income in this economy as price of dollars do affect my main Source.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by RevenuesBoost(f): 7:23pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more

Before releasing money for any necessity next time, tell her to make a list of things she'll need and prices.

Vet the list, take out the unwanted, then she has to buy exactly what's on the list.
Then you'll be sure that anything that's missing, she'll have to replace it.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by akaahs(m): 7:24pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:
We are currently expecting our first child , she should give birth within a this month.

She has requested money for baby things and I have given her over 400k but she hasn’t both the basic things she needs. She usually go with her mom to the market to get the things but they haven’t even both the things the baby will need in the hospital.
They went and bought baby wardrobe even though we already had baby wardrobe that was given to us on our wedding , she also both baby duvet without buying bed , the clothes she bought was for a month old baby , she didn’t even buy the first wear the baby would use , so far I haven’t even seen anything tangible she has bought with 400k plus I’ve given her, she hasn’t even bought the things she needs after delivery .

I don’t know if it’s her mom that’s telling her to buy those things, the mom doesn’t even care where the money comes from , she just demands that we buy this and that .

I was thinking the money I gave her would be enough to buy the most basic things she and the baby needs , now she’s demanding more
I blame you to a large extent. During my first baby, i bought 90% myself and gradually both online and offline. My wife only bought those things she felt the baby. I believe no matter how busy u re , u can always order online or even if don't know what to buy, u have ur mother, sisters or even female colleagues. Get involved

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by maasoap(m): 7:25pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
What you need to understand is that baby things are generally very costly. Secondly, escalation has taken a toll on the prices of things . It seems a lot of people have not taken into account the effect of the naira losing value in the economy
BEd alone is 170k-200k depending on the quality. Breast pump (for when your baby my not have the mum around) is 50k in the market. just these 2 items have taken 220-250K out of your 400K. now talk about feeding bottles, diapers, clothes (there are several types your baby will need), Powder/soaps, baby oils, shoes, other stuff, wardrobe alone for kids na 120K. Haba
No one must do beyond their earning capacity. Davido would give 100 million naira but that doesn't mean you should too. Another person might not be able to afford 200k and they will still get result by prioritising the most initial basic needs.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Coldspice: 7:27pm On Jan 11
This one married a dumb woman. grin

He has polluted the IQ of his generations by introducing an unintelligent person into their lineage. Chai.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by okoroemeka(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

they just need money to solve another problem definitely not for the baby and her mother is the master planner(,anytime they requested for another payment ask for list of things bought and proper account and be ready for war

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by tommy589(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11
Switinthemiddle:
This life no balance o. My mother never used breast pump for any of her 3 children. God that gave the child already made measures for the milk to come out. Maybe na poverty dey do me but i didnt spend more than 150k for my new born baby things but later on i still spent more

Poverty no do you my brother,your head dey there. When you are true to yourself you won't do more than yourself. Who go help you feed your pikin if no be you. If you get billions self dey manage yourself until you know you are solid,na your race you dey run

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Glasca: 7:30pm On Jan 11
You are very sick for your analysis…. You must be a brat
larryUG:
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by okezuoemmanue(m): 7:34pm On Jan 11
Though I gave mine little money to buy anything less than 5k. But the rest I bought them

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by faceland: 7:39pm On Jan 11
If you don't trust them, do the shopping yourself.

Think of the baby and forget those woman that would act like they are the first to give birth.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Raylight2(m): 7:40pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

You should go to where they sell Baby items in the market yourself. You'll find a guide who would tell you all you need to buy. That should help

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by XOGBADO(m): 7:41pm On Jan 11
Askme2020:

Things the child will need as least for the next three months. Maybe they see the guy as a Maga and they decide to bill him.

It is very painful that they put him through such expenses.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by okezuoemmanue(m): 7:41pm On Jan 11
Secondly, you could have told her to write down all that will be needed. U should have started about 3 months ago to start buying them one after the other. By now, u would have bought the most tangible ones and then given her some cash to buy the little ones. That was what I did. And it worked.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Raylight2(m): 7:42pm On Jan 11
larryUG:

Does the breast pump you bought for 50k produces breast milk or it's just air?

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Uruanguy(m): 7:44pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

Why not take time and seat with your wife and write list and prioritize things that most important and take her for shopping so that you will realize that the cost of baby stuff that is 100% imported with $$$ is expensive.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Upcomingdad67: 7:44pm On Jan 11
I think they are playing a fast one on you . Her mother is advising her wrongly

I was in this stage of your life early part of last year. 😅 I understand how it feels .

The mistake your made was giving her the money to buy them without both of you coming to am agreement on what and what to buy .

In my own case we wrote down a list together and decide on what to buy and what to leave out .
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Pat081: 7:44pm On Jan 11
Sorry to ask what of your own mum? You should have talk sense to your wife head she will be the one to tell her mother 400k in buying most of the things you have at home how much will they now ask from you for naming of the child I hate nonsense and to tell you the true people will still give the baby some gifts too
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by kripen(m): 7:44pm On Jan 11
KillingJoke:
You made mistake giving her money when you could have used your hand to buy those things

He may not have make the mistake he should have tell his wife to bring the list of things and mark the once really needed. He will then google the price of those things he want to buy at the end of the day the money will be spent judiciously.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by sylve11: 7:45pm On Jan 11
LordIsaac:
A lesson to the unmarried: look before you leap!

Hehehe wink cool
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by RepoMan007: 7:45pm On Jan 11
The village babies growing up well, please how do they survive without shopping before their delivery?

1 Like

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by lifenajeje(m): 7:46pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

Whether private or public hospital there is always a baby delivery list ..

Ask the nurses or matron to give u the list ..there are lots of mothrr and child shops around u can breeze in and get the items ..

Every other thing is secondary .
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by DatNaijaGuy: 7:47pm On Jan 11
larryUG:
Dey whine yourself.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by HustlePro: 7:47pm On Jan 11
Valoromega:

DEM don chop your money. YOU BETTER PUT YOUR FOOT on the ground as the man and let your wife know that you will not tolerate any financial wastage under any guise...

That is a terrible behaviour from a supposed wife who should be helping her husband save.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by Rejouir: 7:49pm On Jan 11
dandollaz:

Ok till then you will see how the mama will now have strength to stand and pick the baby from baby bed instead keep the baby beside her.
if the mama can't stand to care for the baby, then she isn't ready yet to have a child. Parenting involves serious alot of sacrifice. Most people can't even afford an orthopedic bed, you want the baby to feel neck and body pain baa.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by bigiyaro(m): 7:49pm On Jan 11
XOGBADO:
Your wife and her mother are definitely playing a fast one on you. 400k in this economy should be enough to buy basic things, the rest can come later.
after spending 400k on baby things, nothing else is coming later, except the medical bills. Even pampers for the first 1 months is covered.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by adedayoa2(f): 7:51pm On Jan 11
Some of those things she won't even use, the baby cot I bought was a waste, most children want to stay close to their mom's. If na so she be, you would have gone to do the shopping with her instead of your MIL. Truth be told, things are very expensive now but she won't use most of those things she bought.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by OmoOshodi(m): 7:54pm On Jan 11
Who still dey born in this perilous time....i dn hang my boot after a boy and a girl.....only their school fees fit buy 2 iPhone 11 pro max
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by HustlePro: 7:55pm On Jan 11
Pecoleee345:

Baby wardrobe is 1million

Those of us that spent less than 200k to buy baby things are poor nah.

Celebrating total wastage and bragging about it.
You will know the kind of woman he married. People see chances to safe money and decide to waste it. God forbid there is a problem tomorrow, how will they cope and adjust to new reality. This is why I avoid women that don't show signs of saving.
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by gudugudumeje: 7:55pm On Jan 11
@larryUG - I believe you must be out of ur mind to guess a N1million would be what a firs/ baby care set should be for. Obviously you mean to destroy the future for upcoming young couples. And humanity will never forgive you. Nor would you ever stop having recompense and nemesis paying you and your children's children.

Except you repent, you will reap inhumanity.....
Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by PastorOku: 7:57pm On Jan 11
alezzy13:

Bed for 5k For this current economy? 😳

Sure day na bed you buy so??

I'm not talking about baby bed at home.. The round one you can carry or place on the floor.

Something like this

Re: My Wife And 1 Are Expecting Our First Child And This Is What Is Happening by HustlePro: 7:58pm On Jan 11
EriMma1:
400k for baby things shocked. Even if she's buying designer wears and bottles 🍼 she won't spend more than 20k.

If I take her to mother care at balogun market she'll buy enough quality baby stuff and even some for herself and still bring back enough change. My brother forget Dem don use you cash out. Wetin?

Now, why buy baby drawer when you already have. Tell her to return it and use the to buy the remaining things. Abi you dey fear her?

How can somebody be wasting money in this kind of economy you come home here dey talk small.

Too bad if her Mom is actually aiding her in such dubious venture.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Country People, Is This Really A Kiss Or Fight? / Wife's Action Without Husband's Notice / Nigerian Nanny Gets $121,000 Pay Check From Oppressive Nsobundu Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.