Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence (23818 Views)

If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? / Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by ibinaboonline: 9:52am On Feb 19
Actually, "mental illness" is not a dirty or demeaning word. It's just a health condition like cancer or the flu.
WombBreaker:
Imagine saying your brother's mentally ill

TF

Schizophrenia is not a mental illness please

Your brother's a state of paranoia that his mommy died

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by ibinaboonline: 9:54am On Feb 19
So, in your mind, people with mental illness can't function in society. What do you even think is the definition of mental Illness, anyway?
WombBreaker:

That's a lie

I know a guy with schizophrenia that's doing well more than the average dude
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by arcnomec(m): 2:31pm On Feb 19
DaddyRochie1642:

A very heavy loss, this is painful..I don't know what to say, please be strong for your child.
Thank you my brother...It hasn't been easy closing that void .
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by W0t0w0toman: 1:28pm On Feb 26
Wotowotoman:

What has this got to do with anything

How prison life dey treat you, senior bros? I just say make I hail u cool
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by 01mcfadden(m): 7:38pm On Feb 29
wisefingers:

I no longer have access to the mail please reach me via my signature
Been wanting to call you again. I can’t find your number and it’s not on your signature.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by sonssyo: 10:02pm On Mar 01
arcnomec:
Tears is streaming from my eyes I type this!
On a shining and smiling Saturday afternoon,my late wife was having labor cramps,took her to the hospital hoping to be back with my bundle of joy,but it turned out to be a sad Saturday for me,a traumatizing one for that matter,she had a still birth ,few hours my little princess died,was called in by the nurses to notify me of it,I held my little princess by my arms talking to her lifeless body ,telling her daddy loves her,that she will be back to be with us,boomed,there came the shocker,that my wife was bleeding profusely,ran to blood bank bought blood they started transfusion,it was dripping off her body and ran back again for another blood same thing ,for like 8times and bought oxygen,1:45am I was called in to see the pale and lifeless body of my wife.

My whole world turned blank that minute,I heard voices from great beyond ,my heart raised like one running for a marathon.

She left me with our son who is 3yrs plus now.I couldn't cry even after her burial,thank God for an observatant aunt of mine who insisted I go to the hospital after the burial,for the first time I cried in the arms of the doctor,my air ways was freed and the heart papitation I was battling was arrested.

Oh ! Death won't take the trade,even when I offered.Lost 2 beautiful souls within a twinkle of an eye.

Tough I must say the only option they did not explore was to cut off her womb,so so sad a story
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by arcnomec(m): 10:37am On Mar 02
sonssyo:

Tough I must say the only option they did not explore was to cut off her womb,so so sad a story

If they have done that i will be happier ,at least i would still have my wife with me..

1 Like

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Midex88(m): 10:39am On Mar 02
It's well.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by sonssyo: 6:52pm On Mar 02
arcnomec:

If they have done that i will be happier ,at least i would still have my wife with me..

May you be consoled cry
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by 01mcfadden(m): 7:43am On Mar 03
wisefingers:

I no longer have access to the mail please reach me via my signature
I was the one that talked to you about anxiety disorder then over the phone.
I lost your contact and your phone number isn’t on your signature again.
How can I get through to you, I’d like for us to talk again, please.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by toygod2: 5:42am On Mar 04
DaddyRochie1642:
It's over one year I lost my mother to stage 4 breast cancer, the breast cancer was not detected early,

- I remember that day very clearly like it was yesterday,
- It was on a Sunday morning, she was responsive their on her hospital bed, she was even smiling with the doctor attending to her,
- I was there, my younger brother was there, my older cousin was there, we were there by her side, the doctor attending to her left,
- Few minutes after the doctor left, mummy closed her eyes,
- We immediately rushed and called the doctors to the situation, the brought their machine for CPR, the machine couldn't detect her pulse/vitals,
- She was pronounced dead after several efforts.
- I couldn't believe I just saw mummy die before my eyes,
- My younger brother went nuts right there in the hospital, my older cousin shed tears, his eyes were red, I was too shocked, I just sat down beside her body and held her hand for over an hour, she was 52years old.
- This memory plays in my head each day.

- My younger brother was never himself After mummy's passing,
- He developed some kind of mental health issues, it was so bad for him,
- My younger brother became a complete shadow of himself, this is someone that is full of Life and energy when mummy was alive.
- Doctor said it was schizophrenia which was triggered due to the loss of a loved one as he was very close to her.

- With combined efforts, my younger brother slowly overcame the mental health issue,
- Each time I look at him, I'm so glad we rallied around for him, I am so glad I played my role and stood by him at that low point in his life, I'm filled with happiness each time I see him.

- Witnessing a loved one die in your presence is a scar for life, it can damage a person for Life.

You can share your experience if you wish, it is not an easy thing to talk about.

Sorry OP , our story are almost similar.
Loosing a loved one would always leave you an indelible mark.
It takes God & grace and determination to bounce back and recover.

Lost my mum at 58 , while i was in my final year .
Imagine staying up late in the lab at night on campus for your thesis and resuming morning shift with your loved one, just give your support and care.

Myself and brother were rotating this shift , until after i completed mine overnight and getting back to campus , to bath and take some sleep , then my phone rang; MUMMY TI KU o shocked cry cry

Haaaaaaaaaaa, that statement would always ring differently in my head.

Let me stop here for now , before i loose composure again
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by wisefingers: 7:43pm On Mar 04
01mcfadden:

I was the one that talked to you about anxiety disorder then over the phone.
I lost your contact and your phone number isn’t on your signature again.
How can I get through to you, I’d like for us to talk again, please.

Please check it again now and reach me....sorry for the inconvenience.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by FuckYeyeMods: 2:51am On Mar 06
Kobojunkie:
By any chance, was your mother religious? Was she a member of any church were she prayed regularly or prayer groups or the likes? undecided
Apoda.. won't you go and get something better doing..
Is she going to church?
Just the doctor and her children were their on her deathbed during her last moments.
If she's not member of any church, she's going to hell fire abi?.
You're very foolish for asking such a question.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by armyofone(m): 3:42pm On Mar 17
Kobojunkie:
When you have a country where the vast majority refuse to seek professional help for what ails them, opting instead to spend much of their time in religious houses, something is definitely wrong. undecided

Medical treatment (professional) is extremely expensive.
Some don't want to know but I think the cost has a lot to do with it. Church is not costly.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by cococandy(f): 4:08pm On Mar 17
Readinglamp:
Watched my dad die in September last year. He had COPD. The end was crazy. I begged God to take him. He kept sweating on his neck only till it turned red.

The death rattle, his negotiations with death, the breathlessness and constant need for oxygen, swift loss of speech, unconsciousness phase. We went through a lot as a family. Shit broke our hearts.

Rest in peace S.K. I'm still very hurt. The debit card thieves tried to hack you again o. They were successful this time. I was only able to stop it from getting worse a few minutes ago. I have forgiven the thief.

COPD is a hard one to watch. I’m so sorry man.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Readinglamp: 4:21pm On Mar 17
cococandy:

COPD is a hard one to watch. I’m so sorry man.
Thank you
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by dapotemi: 7:04pm On Mar 22
samcolee:

Exactly, it's easy to comfort people but not easy to bear I appreciate friends who stood by me when I lost my father in 2011 and my mum in 2022 both to I'll health but one thing is sure the Bible has promised at Rev 21 :4 "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

You can always console yourself with this promise anytime you lose your loved ones because God's promises are true and must come to pass

l

Well said brother...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Mum's Not Dead!’-Daughter Of Missing Abuja-based Woman Insist Her Mum's Alive / I Need Help! Its About Life And Death / Soldiers Rescue 14 Pregnant Teenagers, 8 Children In Abia - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.