Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence (23806 Views)

If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? / Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DKM123: 10:39am On Jan 18
EbenezerTriumph:

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

You Victor Omerigwe, a 30 year old man with over 50 monikers he uses to tr0ll and clone accounts of young girls on Nairaland unprovoked is crying to the mods for help. Hahaha

Do I look like I am scared of bans or even deleting my account? If you are going to keep t£rrorizing young girls on this forum, then I will be your karma. Leave this girls alone psych0biatch...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Acidosis(m): 11:30am On Jan 18
Everyone will die. We brought nothing and at the appointed time, we will leave with nothing.

The realisation of this fact will go a long way. The death of a loved one should only be a reminder that your time to die will come. No one can change this fact.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 7:41pm On Feb 17
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by iLegendd(m): 7:47pm On Feb 17
DaddyRochie1642:
iLegendd

Here's the number, 0.MTN
Copied
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 7:49pm On Feb 17
iLegendd:
Copied

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Badlimo(m): 11:56pm On Feb 17
I lost a friend to the cold hands of death January 1st 2021 12:27am just after shouting happy new year he just slumped and died right beside me… he was just 22 .. I wasn’t myself for months … keep resting in peace Wyclef 🕊🤍

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Franzinni: 12:55pm On Feb 18
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by onyx1470(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18
Sorry for your loss brother, It's a soulfull pain when you loss a loved one esp those that have great impact on your life...
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Ebukamatth(m): 12:59pm On Feb 18
Moving on
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Ogiame: 1:01pm On Feb 18
Threads like this are not good for my mental health.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by blackgold2018(m): 1:09pm On Feb 18
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I see! Just wondering whether the cancer was asymptomatic or she was merely blinded by religion. Sadly, she is gone. please take heart. lipsrsealed
you are a fool with no remorse.

I'm sure you have never experienced a loved one passing before.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Johilo(m): 1:09pm On Feb 18
Kobojunkie:
By any chance, was your mother religious? Was she a member of any church were she prayed regularly or prayer groups or the likes? undecided
he only asked a simple question and now you have started interogating him.. you can't use question to answer question its better not to say anything than these irrelevant questions you're throwing at him

5 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Christian36: 1:12pm On Feb 18
You just remind me the day I lost my mum, it was 15th November 2018 on Friday 4:53pm. What hurt me most is that dead didn't allow her to eat the fruit of her labour. Since then, I lost interest in anything that have to do with going to church and praying, with all her prayers and my family prayers yet dead still took her away from me and my siblings. I came to realize that some of the prayers we say won't change what has been destined to happen in our lives.

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Banbanna(m): 1:14pm On Feb 18
It's such a heartbreaking/tearful experience for me that bears similarities with yours. Only diff is that it was my older brother and a different ailment.

The doctors performed CPR on him, the machine couldn't detect his pulse/vitals,
- He was pronounced dead after several efforts.

Sometimes, I do get flashbacks of him taking his last breaths right b4 me and that makes my eyes well up with tears each & every time.

This your post is a tough one I must admit. Water just dey comot from eyes @ the moment😢

[quote authors=DaddyRochie1642 post=127980893]It's over one year I lost my mother to stage 4 breast cancer, the breast cancer was not detected early,

- I remember that day very clearly like it was yesterday,
- It was on a Sunday morning, she was responsive their on her hospital bed, she was even smiling with the doctor attending to her,
- I was there, my younger brother was there, my older cousin was there, we were there by her side, the doctor attending to her left,
- Few minutes after the doctor left, mummy closed her eyes,
- We immediately rushed and called the doctors to the situation, the brought their machine for CPR, the machine couldn't detect her pulse/vitals,
- She was pronounced dead after several efforts.
- I couldn't believe I just saw mummy die before my eyes,
- My younger brother went nuts right there in the hospital, my older cousin shed tears, his eyes were red, I was too shocked, I just sat down beside her body and held her hand for over an hour, she was 52years old.
- This memory plays in my head each day.

- My younger brother was never himself After mummy's passing,
- He developed some kind of mental health issues, it was so bad for him,
- My younger brother became a complete shadow of himself, this is someone that is full of Life and energy when mummy was alive.
- Doctor said it was schizophrenia which was triggered due to the loss of a loved one as he was very close to her.

- With combined efforts, my younger brother slowly overcame the mental health issue,
- Each time I look at him, I'm so glad we rallied around for him, I am so glad I played my role and stood by him at that low point in his life, I'm filled with happiness each time I see him.

- Witnessing a loved one die in your presence is a scar for life, it can damage a person for Life.

You can share your experience if you wish, it is not an easy thing to talk about.

[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Johilo(m): 1:18pm On Feb 18
I was with my dad at the hospital 12yrs ago (2013) when he died.. Everything seems to be normal as he was talking and joking it wasn't up to 3hrs before we lost him.. I watched him till he breathe his last and i couldn't do anything to help..
Probably the worst day of my life..

2 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Deogratiasfx: 1:21pm On Feb 18
DaddyRochie1642:
It's over one year I lost my mother to stage 4 breast cancer, the breast cancer was not detected early,

- It was on a Sunday morning, she was responsive their on her hospital bed, she was even smiling with the doctor attending to her,
- I was there, my younger brother was there, my older cousin was there, we were there by her side, the doctor attending to her left,
- We immediately rushed and called the doctors to the situation, the brought their machine for CPR, the machine couldn't detect her pulse/vitals,
- My younger brother went nuts right there in the hospital, my older cousin shed tears, his eyes were red, I was too shocked, I just sat down beside her body and held her hand for over an hour, she was 52years old.

- My younger brother became a complete shadow of himself, this is someone that is full of Life and energy when mummy was alive.
- Doctor said it was schizophrenia which was triggered due to the loss of a loved one as he was very close to her.

- With combined efforts, my younger brother slowly overcame the mental health issue,
- Each time I look at him, I'm so glad we rallied around for him, I am so glad I played my role and stood by him at that low point in his life, I'm filled with happiness each time I see him.

- Witnessing a loved one die in your presence is a scar for life, it can damage a person for Life.

You can share your experience if you wish, it is not an easy thing to talk about.

Lost mine to accident over 10yrs ago and I can relate to your experience. It still feels like yesterday; expecially that she was't sick. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

3 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by virginchaser(m): 1:22pm On Feb 18
DaddyRochie1642:

Wow,.... this deep, even at his age, his passing has this kind of impact on you, imagine, if he had passed at a younger age,

There was a guy I knew that was always telling me to be strong when our mother passed each time we meet,
- two months later, one day me and him met and he was telling me that the time he was telling me to be strong and stay strong after our mother passed away, it was after he lost his father one month later that he realized what I was going through that period our mother passed.
- he told me that it is not easy for him to stay strong after loosing his father, he was asking me for tips on how to stay strong after such a loss.

People that have not experienced loosing a loved one can never ever relate to it.

Yeah! You are right. When i lost my mum I witnessed so many drama. I kept telling friends to go check their parents regularly before they get that traumatizing call.

8 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by themanderon: 1:27pm On Feb 18
DaddyRochie1642:

Wow,.... this deep, even at his age, his passing has this kind of impact on you, imagine, if he had passed at a younger age,

There was a guy I knew that was always telling me to be strong when our mother passed each time we meet,
- two months later, one day me and him met and he was telling me that the time he was telling me to be strong and stay strong after our mother passed away, it was after he lost his father one month later that he realized what I was going through that period our mother passed.
- he told me that it is not easy for him to stay strong after loosing his father, he was asking me for tips on how to stay strong after such a loss.

People that have not experienced loosing a loved one can never ever relate to it.

I lost my mother last year and this piece of yours brought tears streaming down my eyes again even though she was almost 80yrs old yet the pain still remains. She was simply the best and there is none like her. Kind-hearted and always looking out for those around her both family friends and strangers.
I will miss her till the end of time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by CHIOMAEZEH: 1:28pm On Feb 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAuB6UgR1DU
I was giving my dad CPR and watched give you the ghost ....I was also at the back seat in the car, holding him upright as we took him to the hospital to he confirmed dead. . and then taken to the mortuary ... Being that I was holding him....I felt his temperature turning from warm ...to cold ....I still remember like it was yesterday...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by CAPTIVATOR: 1:31pm On Feb 18
Banbanna:
It's such a heartbreaking/tearful experience for me that bears similarities with yours. Only diff is that it was my older brother and a different ailment.

The doctors performed CPR on him, the machine couldn't detect his pulse/vitals,
- He was pronounced dead after several efforts.

Sometimes, I do get flashbacks of him taking his last breaths right b4 me and that makes my eyes well up with tears each & every time.

This your post is a tough one I must admit. Water just dey comot from eyes @ the moment😢

So sad. May God comfort you

3 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by wisefingers: 1:31pm On Feb 18

7th of December 2023 at about 10pm, few hours to the naming ceremony, a day I will never forget, 6days after she gave birth to our one and only child during our first year of marriage.

The trauma began when she started complaining of cramps in the morning, I called the doctor and we went to the hospital afterwards, they attended to her through the day and she was getting stable, we were waiting for her to finish the last drip and get discharged when all of a sudden she started gasping for breath and in the space of 30 seconds before the medical team could do anything she gave it up right before my eyes.

Till today as I type, the shock hasn't left me, coupled with the fact that I was living with Anxiety disorder before the incident. This has taken me in and out of mental health clinics since then. The baby is barely 3months old, all by myself, life feels empty and miserable.

I will forever live with your memories Eunice. I love you.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Deebami: 1:32pm On Feb 18
Sitting beside my late husband (47) as he breath his last almost eleven years got me shattered. Thanks be to God and brethren from the church. It took years to overcome the grief.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by NGArmyTerrorist: 1:37pm On Feb 18
It can make you go crazy if care is not taking; it will be as if na this life abi na d other world, as he is sleeping; hard to accept that the person is dead. If you're with the person and with doctor, you will feel that doctors don't know their jobs again, you will be forced to try all manner of first aid tactics you learnt in your physical and health education in primary /secondary school;all to no avail. May God take this away from us.

5 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by adeadekf: 1:37pm On Feb 18
Had same experience with the OP! My wife died on my laps! It's a damaging experience! She was diagnosed of pancreatic cancer,stage 4 in September 2020 and then, the journey and battle for survival started! At a time we were spending 250k every 2 weeks on chemotherapy! At some point I felt running away!
She succumbed to the cold hands of death on May 17, 2022! Since then the memory has refused to fade away!! Well, time they say heals all wound!! It's never a palatable experience to loose one's loved ones, particularly, spouse! She kissed the dust at the age of 33! May her beautiful soul continues to rest in the bossom of her maker!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by IkeGod9891(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18
EbenezerTriumph:
I lost my dad on November last year.
I almost lost my sanity as he died at 84 and even at that age he sponsored me through school (I'm a fresh graduate).
Graduating and coming back home I lost him to the cold hands of death.
His death affected me and I almost got sacked at work.
Till now I'm yet to recover

I am sorry bro. I am very sorry.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by paskal16: 1:39pm On Feb 18
My dad died in my arms several years back

It still hurts but life goes on man

1 Like

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by IkeGod9891(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18
adeadekf:
Had same experience with the OP! My wife died on my laps! It's a damaging experience! She was diagnosed of pancreatic cancer,stage 4 in September 2020 and then, the journey and battle for survival started! At a time we were spending 250k every 2 weeks on chemotherapy! At some point I felt running away!
She succumbed to the cold hands of death on May 17, 2022! Since then the memory has refused to fade away!! Well, time they say heals all wound!! It's never a palatable experience to loose one's loved ones, particularly, spouse! She kissed the dust at the age of 33! May her beautiful soul continues to rest in the bossom of her maker!!

Amen.

Hope you n ur kids re doing grt now?
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by IkeGod9891(m): 1:40pm On Feb 18
paskal16:
My dad died in my arms several years back
It still hurts but life goes on man

Nothing stops time.

Time is something we re yet to discover.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by AmuDimpka: 1:41pm On Feb 18
DaddyRochie1642:
It's over one year I lost my mother to stage 4 breast cancer, the breast cancer was not detected early,

I can relate to this experience...
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by LeeSmart: 1:42pm On Feb 18
Sure OP, de first girl i dated in the university before i met my wife. It's an experience never to be remembered

3 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Absuchat(m): 1:43pm On Feb 18
DaddyRochie1642:

My mom died of stage 4 Ovarian cancer two years ago.
Just like yours, she was 52.
It was equally on a Sunday.
I wasn't around...but my elder and kid sisters were there... Although I was on video call with them throughout the period. I remember watching her battling to breathe (even with the oxygen mask).
Then she eventually stopped battling... and that was it.
My life and that of my sisters have not been the same afterwards.
Keep resting in peace mom😥😥😥

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice / My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady / I Need Help! Its About Life And Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.