Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence (23803 Views)

If Your Grandma Slaps Your Mum In Your Presence What Will You Do? / How Can One Stop A Loved One's Drug Addiction? / Has Your Mum Priced Something In Your Presence & You Start To Pity The Seller? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by SuperOnyi: 6:39pm On Feb 18
shocked

I'm sorry for what you had to go through, this is making me emotional.

This thread will only worsen my depression, anxiety, PTSD, and other mental issues, but I clicked on it angry. I'm not afraid of death but the thoughts of those I have lost has left me traumatized and I can't shut off these demons in my head. I don't want to lose anyone again, the thought of that deepens the old wounds.

I watched my father's body go cold two days to my 13th birthday. I woke up one morning in late December 2022 to find out my son got drowned, I lost all of my uncles and they didn't even know what I looked like after years of being away β€” I couldn't go attend their funerals, not even that of my father's twin.

My Aunt died while we were still down with the loss of our father β€” thinking back, I wonder how my mother stayed strong in all this, losing her husband and sister. Or growing up without her father (and mother's presence) because her fellow Africans decided to obliterate the Igbo people from the surface of the Earth.

Man, I don't wanna go on... Now, I'm always thinking of my mom, siblings, and my loved ones; the thought of losing them drives me into the bottom of hell. The feeling is haunting, we never heal from this type of wounds β€” we just learn to live with it.

That's why I can't commit suicide even if I know money wouldn't take this pain away; I've got people I care about, that are still on Earth. I live for them.

I might not be that religious but I know death is not end, it's just a transition to another realm. It only hurts because we don't know what to expect or how our loved ones are doing over there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by ViktorCash: 6:40pm On Feb 18
Was my dad embarassed

1 Like

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by SuperOnyi: 6:54pm On Feb 18
shocked

I'm out of here, this is not good for my mental health. Like my father most talked about historical figure Julius Caesar said "Of all the wonders I have seen, men fear death, knowing that death a necessary end will come when it will come".

I miss you all. Rest in peace, one of the greatest man in the world Eje 😒.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Feb 18
Emeka71:
I think making heaven is somehow unpredictable sometimes I
There is absolutely nothing upredictable about making Heaven. The issue is a lot of people have been so blinded by religion that they no longer know their left from their right in this life. lipsrsealed
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Kajaard: 7:00pm On Feb 18
Kobojunkie:
By any chance, was your mother religious? Was she a member of any church were she prayed regularly or prayer groups or the likes? undecided

You must always ask irrelevant questions just to bring up a long drawn argument which you love so much.

Go get a cat or something if you are so bored. So irritating.

1 Like

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Kobojunkie: 7:01pm On Feb 18
grandstar:
β–  Somebody ill needs a physician. Nothing wrong in prayer.
When you have a country where the vast majority refuse to seek professional help for what ails them, opting instead to spend much of their time in religious houses, something is definitely wrong. undecided
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by donbenie(m): 7:10pm On Feb 18
WombBreaker:
Imagine saying your brother's mentally ill

TF

Schizophrenia is not a mental illness please

Your brother's a state of paranoia that his mommy died

Schizophrenia is not a mental illness?
Who is this?
What is it,a social health issue?
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by donbenie(m): 7:12pm On Feb 18
WombBreaker:

That's a lie

I know a guy with schizophrenia that's doing well more than the average dude
So because the guy is doing well, he's not having a mental illness?
Ogbeni,stop capping.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by donbenie(m): 7:19pm On Feb 18
Christian36:
You just remind me the day I lost my mum, it was 15th November 2018 on Friday 4:53pm. What hurt me most is that dead didn't allow her to eat the fruit of her labour. Since then, I lost interest in anything that have to do with going to church and praying, with all her prayers and my family prayers yet dead still took her away from me and my siblings. I came to realize that some of the prayers we say won't change what has been destined to happen in our lives.
There is no god ,know this and know peace..
Prayers or no prayers,what will be will be..
Or how many times does the Chinese and Japanese pray to baby Jesus?
Atleast,not succumbing to any wishful mumbo jumbo,will make you to be proactive and sort a practical solutions to your issues..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by ThaOwerriMan(m): 7:27pm On Feb 18
DaddyRochie1642:
It's over one year I lost my mother to stage 4 breast cancer, the breast cancer was not detected early,

- I remember that day very clearly like it was yesterday,
- It was on a Sunday morning, she was responsive their on her hospital bed, she was even smiling with the doctor attending to her,
- I was there, my younger brother was there, my older cousin was there, we were there by her side, the doctor attending to her left,
- Few minutes after the doctor left, mummy closed her eyes,
- We immediately rushed and called the doctors to the situation, the brought their machine for CPR, the machine couldn't detect her pulse/vitals,
- She was pronounced dead after several efforts.
- I couldn't believe I just saw mummy die before my eyes,
- My younger brother went nuts right there in the hospital, my older cousin shed tears, his eyes were red, I was too shocked, I just sat down beside her body and held her hand for over an hour, she was 52years old.
- This memory plays in my head each day.

- My younger brother was never himself After mummy's passing,
- He developed some kind of mental health issues, it was so bad for him,
- My younger brother became a complete shadow of himself, this is someone that is full of Life and energy when mummy was alive.
- Doctor said it was schizophrenia which was triggered due to the loss of a loved one as he was very close to her.

- With combined efforts, my younger brother slowly overcame the mental health issue,
- Each time I look at him, I'm so glad we rallied around for him, I am so glad I played my role and stood by him at that low point in his life, I'm filled with happiness each time I see him.

- Witnessing a loved one die in your presence is a scar for life, it can damage a person for Life.

You can share your experience if you wish, it is not an easy thing to talk about.

I was with my mom when she passed on that fateful day 2nd January 2002 when I was ust 18. It was not a good experience but it hardened my heart and made me a stronger man that I am today and ever since then I see death as a normal that's why till date no matter who it is that pass away, I see it as something normal.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by dauntless15(m): 7:37pm On Feb 18
Lost my mom few days to her birthday last year as well, funny thing is, she wasn't sick for long, the nonsense started at night, she died the next day, I'm still a shadow of myself and I don't think I'll ever get over it, I had so much plans for her.

2 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by lordust: 7:41pm On Feb 18
Kobojunkie:
By any chance, was your mother religious? Was she a member of any church were she prayed regularly or prayer groups or the likes? undecided
wetin dey worry you for head
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by karmaolu1(m): 7:47pm On Feb 18
Hmmmm.
I am also a victim of such terrible happening.
March 5 2020 was my saddest day in my life loosing my Sweet Mum to dead. Hapertitis was the cause of her dead
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 7:58pm On Feb 18
dauntless15:
Lost my mom few days to her birthday last year as well, funny thing is, she wasn't sick for long, the nonsense started at night, she died the next day, I'm still a shadow of myself and I don't think I'll ever get over it, I had so much plans for her.

What does the medical diagnosis say about her case?
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by wisefingers: 8:00pm On Feb 18
arcnomec:

Thank God you had your baby,
I lost both baby and mother within a space of 4hrs .
Life hasn't been funny with me

Oh my God!!! So sorry to hear about that brother. I pray God will restore all to you beyond your expectations.

1 Like

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Pinkyposh(f): 8:14pm On Feb 18
WombBreaker:
Imagine saying your brother's mentally ill

TF

Schizophrenia is not a mental illness please

Your brother's a state of paranoia that his mommy died

It is a type of mental disorder
Google before you comment
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by dauntless15(m): 8:16pm On Feb 18
DaddyRochie1642:

What does the medical diagnosis say about her case?
They said she has high BP.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Tohsynetita1: 8:26pm On Feb 18
DaddyRochie1642:
It's over one year I lost my mother to stage 4 breast cancer, the breast cancer was not detected early,

- It was on a Sunday morning, she was responsive their on her hospital bed, she was even smiling with the doctor attending to her,
- I was there, my younger brother was there, my older cousin was there, we were there by her side, the doctor attending to her left,
- We immediately rushed and called the doctors to the situation, the brought their machine for CPR, the machine couldn't detect her pulse/vitals,
- My younger brother went nuts right there in the hospital, my older cousin shed tears, his eyes were red, I was too shocked, I just sat down beside her body and held her hand for over an hour, she was 52years old.

- My younger brother became a complete shadow of himself, this is someone that is full of Life and energy when mummy was alive.
- Doctor said it was schizophrenia which was triggered due to the loss of a loved one as he was very close to her.

- With combined efforts, my younger brother slowly overcame the mental health issue,
- Each time I look at him, I'm so glad we rallied around for him, I am so glad I played my role and stood by him at that low point in his life, I'm filled with happiness each time I see him.

- Witnessing a loved one die in your presence is a scar for life, it can damage a person for Life.

You can share your experience if you wish, it is not an easy thing to talk about.

Please can I know more about breast cancer, am doing a research on it.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Dhinmmar(f): 8:48pm On Feb 18
My father died in my arms on Wednesday 7th February 2024
I'm still in shock and down

2 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:49pm On Feb 18
highchief1:
100…I just resumed church after the tragic death of both my sister and my dad in one week in year 2020.i just managed to resume church I stopped since.The only thg that has happened to me now is that I’m now fearless.

This is hard
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by SalC: 8:50pm On Feb 18
It is never an easy one. My father died in my hands on the 2nd of January. It's been over one month now and I can still feel like it happened yesterday. I was so broken but I had to hold myself and be strong because of my mum since I am the only biological child around and his elder brother who was there with me was already shivering that I was even afraid he might faint as well.

I had to be involved in all the running around down to the point of depositing his corpse at the morgue. Even now, I am still wondering how to handle myself on his burial day.

God help me. embarassed
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by oneman2k7: 9:08pm On Feb 18
Q
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by highchief1: 9:15pm On Feb 18
hakeemhakeem:

This is hard
yea I’m now inhuman.if u call me now that someone died I start laughing.e no Dey move me again.im only careful but no longer scared.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by clockwisereport: 9:21pm On Feb 18
Wetin carry me enter this thread. Good night grandma. 01/10/2010

1 Like

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by udomonday: 9:31pm On Feb 18
DaddyRochie1642:

its so painful and shocking,I was discussing with my mum in the morning as she was getting ready for the days work,but in the afternoon I got the information that she has died,I couldn't believe it until I got to the hospital and saw her lying dead on a stretcher,immediately I saw the clothe she put on that morning,I bust into tears,I was inconsolable,it took me close to four days before food could pass through my throat.

1 Like

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by MentalHades: 9:34pm On Feb 18
DaddyRochie1642:

Do I look like I give a FΓΊck!
you actually look like you desperately do; writing personal family stuff for strangers who genuinely don't give a fawk about you
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by ACE1010: 11:58pm On Feb 18
Same way I watched my dear wife died 6 years ago while giving birth. I was shocked, dumb and confused πŸ˜•πŸ˜•. Each time I remember the way she left me, guys I'm so pain and heart broken.πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯. Life has never and can never be the same again

3 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by OlowoLagos(m): 2:24am On Feb 19
DaddyRochie1642:

My mom died Dec 18th 2016, though I wasn't around I was away in Benin Republic where I school that year; omo I wan die upon hearing the sad news. I cried from Cotonou reach Nigeria and was praying we had an accident which will claim my life. I got home, checked everywhere to confirm if it was a prank but omo it's real. Good mother completely erase my memory of how we normally relate for two years nd when a pastor prayed for us, he said "ur mother is such a great woman" She didn't want u people to feel the pain so much which is why you can't remember things about her so well.

Due to this shock, dad followed January 14th 2017 nd my gf February 2018. I can't forget those hard years till my last breathe.

2 Likes

Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 6:53am On Feb 19
Tohsynetita1:

Please can I know more about breast cancer, am doing a research on it.

Honestly, i do not know much about it.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by DaddyRochie1642: 6:58am On Feb 19
MentalHades:
you actually look like you desperately do; writing personal family stuff for strangers who genuinely don't give a fawk about you

I can see through you and what you're trying to do, you are so IRRELEVANT, my last reply to you.
Re: Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence by Foxie: 8:23am On Feb 19
wisefingers:

Sure....I believe she is too, thanks so much I'm grateful.
you're most welcome.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Family Sacks Mother Of Eight-year-old Rape Victim For Seeking Justice / I Need Help! Its About Life And Death / My Mom's Death Would Be A Relief To Me, She Hurt Me A Lot - South African Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.