Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,650 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * (3216 Views)

Atheists Debate Religionists * / Can you prove that your God is the real God? - A challenge to all religionists / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 3:06pm On Feb 16
DeepSight:

I don't believe God has an image or any form. I believe that God is an absolute intangible.
for something to be "intangible" you are already contrasting it with the tangible, your god should be above both of it
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by DeepSight(m): 3:06pm On Feb 16
KnownUnknown:

It’s a good afterall and can have any attribute including being tangible and intangible.

Not that I subscribe to the concept of omnipotence, but where anyone subscribes to it, it should not suggest the absurd or illogical. Nothing in reality can be illogical.

Thus omnipotence cannot extend to something such as creating a square circle.

Enough.
Your misplaced and unintelligent sarcasm is not interesting.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by KnownUnknown: 3:07pm On Feb 16
PoliteActivist:

But an absolute intangible doesn't go about creating things. An absolute intangible stays an absolute intangible, minds it's own business

Lmao, maybe the absolute intangible was absolutely bored and decided to be absolutely creative thereby creating an absolutely intangible “root element of existence” where the universe came from.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by DeepSight(m): 3:10pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

for something to be "intangible" you are already contrasting it with the tangible, your god should be above both of it

I hear you. And I get.

However when I say intangible I am expressing the idea of a formless being. It's not just invisible or non material. It's beyond that. That is why I said "absolute intangible."

Someone on this board, PastorAIO, once brilliantly described it as "the tipping point to nothingness."

It's ineffable.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by KnownUnknown: 3:10pm On Feb 16
DeepSight:

Not that I subscribe to the concept of omnipotence, but where anyone subscribes to it, it should not suggest the absurd or illogical. Nothing in reality can be illogical.

Thus omnipotence cannot extend to something such as creating a square circle.

Enough.
Your misplaced and unintelligent sarcasm is not interesting.

Your misplaced and unintelligent musings are amusing though. More please.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 3:11pm On Feb 16
KnownUnknown:

Lmao, maybe the absolute intangible was absolutely bored and decided to be absolutely creative thereby creating an absolutely intangible “root element of existence” where the universe came from.

That's an idea, but absolute intangibles don't get bored. Boredom is anthropomorphic
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 3:13pm On Feb 16
DeepSight:

However when I say intangible I am expressing the idea of a formless being.

so this thing is a being?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by DeepSight(m): 3:13pm On Feb 16
PoliteActivist:

But an absolute intangible doesn't go about creating things. An absolute intangible stays an absolute intangible, minds it's own business

This doesn't prevent it from having consequences of its existence - see my post to you above at 2.30pm.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by KnownUnknown: 3:15pm On Feb 16
PoliteActivist:

That's an idea, but absolute intangibles don't get bored. Boredom is anthropomorphic

How many absolute intangibles have you encountered? Maybe the absolute intangible was intangibly bored.

Boredom is anthropomorphic and so are gods therefore it follows that the Absolute Intangible was bored. grin
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by DeepSight(m): 3:16pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

Truth is I don't know. It could be. And it could also be an impersonal force.

There is, however, as I said somewhere above, considerable philosophy and science which is tending towards the idea that consciousness is fundamental to reality.

That consciousness forms reality and not the other way round.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 3:16pm On Feb 16
DeepSight:

Truth is I don't know. It could be.
or it could be a non-being?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by KnownUnknown: 3:17pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

No, it’s intangible and self existing. Also invisible and whatever else he pulls out of his ass.

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 3:19pm On Feb 16
KnownUnknown:

No, it’s intangible and self existing.
haa bro, i no first look the moniker

grin
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by DeepSight(m): 3:22pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

or it could be a non-being?

I don't understand this term. What is a non being?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 3:25pm On Feb 16
DeepSight:

nothingness, hindus call it śūnya, where you get your zero from.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by KnownUnknown: 3:27pm On Feb 16
DeepSight:

C’mon! You know what a non being is! It’s the same as your bullshit below:

DeepSight:

something immaterial beyond time and space.

It’s the hallmark of your particular brand of bullshit, to wit negative definitions:

consisting in or characterized by the absence rather than the presence of distinguishing features. e.g. immaterial, intangible, and of course “non being”.

1 Like

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by PoliteActivist: 3:28pm On Feb 16
FRANCISTOWN:

I didn't check the videos, 'cause I'm very sure what I'd meet there.
Lemme use a bottom-up approach. As long as Einstein never credited his works and discoveries to any divine or mythical being. This argument is nullified.

The fact that Einstein kept a pen and a notebook beside his bed while he slept isn't that much of a big deal in the grand calculus of the universe because, during sleep our brain receives more body fluid, the first hours after waking up are the most optimal for doing productive work. Your brain creates and maintains pathways that are critical for memory formation and retention.

Many musicians have credited their works to a good amount of sleep.

When I was in school and I couldn't solve any physics or mathematical questions, I'd just go to sleep and by the time I wake, I'd be able to solve most of them.

Many preachers have credited their works to good sleep.

Therefore, this is as normal as shit. The brain is more productive, just after a sleep.

About hypnosis, we don't even need to talk much about this. Hypnosis has nothing to do with extra dimensions or any shit of such. Hypnosis basically is a memory recall. You can't undergo hypnosis and recall somebody else's memory, what happened in a different life time (Though one deluded professor who authored the book "many lives many masters" spoke a lot of bull crap. But I'nt worried about that).
You can't undergo hypnosis and tell what is happening in another plane or another realm or another dimension because there are no such things.

I've said it once on this platform, I can't really remember who asked me the question, I think it was FxMasterz . He asked that since I don't believe in God, then I must base my life on science. I corrected the person that. I base my life based on my own common reasoning first, then "science", emphasis on the quotes.
The reason is that science is a body of knowledge, and it's not the absolute truth. Though science has a pedigree. I can't believe everything scientists say. Even scientists disagree with scientists. So what are we saying?

Okay! Lemme tell you, there are some scientists who believe in something called the "keepers of the Deep". Some divers claimed to have encountered them. Yet some scientists don't.
Some scientists believe in paranormal and even developed devices while some scientists don't regardless of the nonsense device they made.

Einstein propounded the determination of light bending since 1915. But many scientists were against it until the solar eclipse in 1919.
You see, in this field of science. Whatever cannot be verified by the general populace is nothing but an anecdotal.

I saw from your other post that called my attention to this one that science has discovered that there are 4 other dimensions.
This same science discovered something called "quantum equilibrium". Please read about it and see if that made any sense at all.

Now that everyone is trying to make a ground breaking discovery in the field of science, a lot of hypothesis flying around without proofs. What a joke!

I remain unimpressed until anyone can provide irrefutable proofs that are handleable.

BTW. The existence of several dimensions(which for now there isn't)does not in anyway corroborate that there is any God out there, especially the christian god.

*Politeness*
See? now it's your turn! Thanks 4 your "patience"!
But Einstein did infact credit his works to such. Go back and read the OP again.
See the quote below again, and juxtapose it with traits of an old soul. Not just Einstein by the way, many artists.have said same.

*Terribly sorry, I'll reply the rest later. Business calls

DeepSight, LordReed, KnownUnknown, HellVictorinho6, FxMasterz, jaephoenix, maynman, hopefullandlord

*continuing

About hypnosis, one video shows a man hypnotized whereby he couldn't remember his name. The other shows a man hypnotized where he couldn't recognize his friend and the fact he was under hypnosis was wiped from his mind whereby he didn't know he was ever hypnotized.
The point is that a fellow human being can take control of a person's mind without the person knowing they are under control of anything. If a mere human can do that...

About other stuff, you say you remain unimpressed until anyone can provide irrefutable proof. Well, there iis no irrefutable proof about anything in our reality
including it's very existence. Everything is based on preponderance of circumstantial evidence.

Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by DeepSight(m): 3:37pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

nothingness, hindus call it śūnya, where you get your zero from.

Zero really refers to nothingness, but the element I struggle to describe is not nothingness, and nothingness in fact does not exist.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by DeepSight(m): 3:39pm On Feb 16
FRANCISTOWN:

Many musicians have credited their works to a good amount of sleep.

And weed.

grin
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 3:43pm On Feb 16
DeepSight:

Zero really refers to nothingness, but the element I struggle to describe is not nothingness, and nothingness in fact does not exist.
for you to have existence, you need non existence, and vice versa. there was never a time that there was not both.

so this your god, a being didnt create existence, and it is a part of it just like the whole existence.
so what exactly did this god create or MADE, and why is this god needed?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by HellVictorinho6(m): 3:46pm On Feb 16
PoliteActivist:

Thanks for calling the write-up "a wonderful exposition", but remember, I am playing devil's advocate for both sides.
So. how would you answer when they ask:

Why do countless people die from natural disasters, diseases, wars, etc. including children, babies, even those still in the womb?
And why do some people deny and deride God daily and still live their full lives sometimes much better than others, while churches and mosques sometimes collapse or are attacked killing worshippers inside, sometimes including babies?

How would you answer these?

STop mentioning me 4 this rubbish

U refused to fetch me space at the table...thatz what mataz.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by HellVictorinho6(m): 3:49pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

for you to have existence, you need non existence, and vice versa. there was never a time that there was not both.

so this your god, a being didnt create existence, and it is a part of it just like the whole existence.

Nonsense
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 3:51pm On Feb 16
HellVictorinho6:

Nonsense
nonsense---sense
existence--non existence
front--back
being--non being.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by DeepSight(m): 3:55pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

The trouble is, you are using "non-existence" in a rather oxymoronic way - in a way that suggests that non existence is some peculiar type of existence. Contradictory.

As to your second paragraph, it's confusing enough, but all I can say is that from my point of view, that being which is worshipped as "God" - Yahweh, Allah, etc - by most people - is probably a being best understood as existing within an already existent reality - and not the ultimate source or root of existence.

It may even be a created being.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 4:00pm On Feb 16
DeepSight:

The trouble is, you are using "non-existence" in a rather oxymoronic way - in a way that suggests that non existence is some peculiar type of existence. Contradictory.

As to your second paragraph, it's confusing enough, but all I can say is that from my point of view, that being which is worshipped as "God" - Yahweh, Allah, etc - by most people - is probably a being best understood as existing within an already existent reality - and not the ultimate source or root of existence.

the trouble is you think this your god is an entity standing somewhere outside space and time and intangible and invisible and formless etc, and creating 'existence'.

i am only saying existence is the opposite of non existence, just like front and back. non existence is needed for existence, just like 0 is needed for one.

even in the genesis story, yahweh meant the deep, FORMLESS and void, tohu and bohu, before he MADE heavenS and the earth.

also the, non being--nothingness is worshipped as GOD by the hindus.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:01pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

nonsense---sense
existence--non existence
front--back
being--non being.

Just trying 2 prove ur shit, aint u?

I know this must end in another attempt to diss by you.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 4:02pm On Feb 16
DeepSight:

It may even be a created being.
nothing can be "created" it can only be MADE. everything you need is already in existence.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

the trouble is you think this your god is an entity standing somewhere outside space and time and intangible and invisisble etc, and creating 'existence'.

i am only saying existence is the opposite of non existence, just like front and back. non existence is needed for existence, just like 0 is needed of one.

even in the genesis story, yahweh meant the deep, FORMLESS and void, tohu and bohu, before he MADE heavenS and the earth.

also the, non being--nothingness is worshipped as GOD by the hindus.

Like.....

Nuff said

Imagine the comparison
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 4:05pm On Feb 16
HellVictorinho6:

Like.....

Nuff said

Imagine the comparison
the mind only works in duality.
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:08pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

the mind only works in duality.

U dont speak 4 the mind
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by Mayntheemaynn: 4:09pm On Feb 16
HellVictorinho6:

U dont speak 4 the mind
or you mean you dont think for the mind?
Re: Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:11pm On Feb 16
Mayntheemaynn:

or you mean you dont think for the mind?

undecided

U dont determine what i mean

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

If Christianity Is About Wealth, why did Jesus not make any poor person rich ? / Some Random Lessons Learnt In 2012 / Why Some Christians Live In Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.