Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? (13556 Views)

Obanikoro Takes A Break From Politics / Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / PDP Leaders Who May Retire From Politics Following Buhari’s Emergence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jmaine: 4:14am On Nov 11, 2011
The ladies are begining to discuss politics  smiley . . .Thank God  grin  . . . A round of applause to the ladies in the haus  cheesy   . . .
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 4:35am On Nov 11, 2011
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 4:37am On Nov 11, 2011
jmaine:

The ladies are begining to discuss politics  smiley . . .Thank God  grin  . . . A round of applause to the ladies in the haus  cheesy   . . .

Abi, they all belong in the kitchen. With Relax101 making sure the egg shell does not mix with the yokes. grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by gestapo(f): 4:38am On Nov 11, 2011
jmaine:

The ladies are begining to discuss politics  smiley . . .Thank God  grin  . . . A round of applause to the ladies in the haus  cheesy   . . .

Hear ye hear ye, hear this one roaring, deafening, ear-shattering, high-pitched  reason why OAM4J should leave this thread as it is, uncleaned with all the spits and saliva and sweat of the warring ladies and the fake brazillian weave, nails, thongs, pantyhose, etc, without deleting anything, so that next time his itchy fingers wants to ask his why shall i shy quezshun about females, he can recall this thread and the trauma it caused him cheesy grin grin

Can you imagine just 20 "ladies" descending on this politics section for just one day, na 25 Moderators Seun musto have on standby by fire by force then, kai women and their many palaver grin grin grin

OAM4J berra let 'em airhead sleeping dogs lie and let them remain in their food and romance and fashion section, unless you wan invite high blood pressure on yaself grin grin What an hilarious side-splitting thread grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 11, 2011
Honestly, this thread sucks without BootyOnMe to complete it with her funny replies kiss
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 4:48am On Nov 11, 2011
@gestapo

Am not afraid jor.

I want 5 Desolas, 5 Stillwaters, 5 Ileke-Idis, 5 gestapos, 5 tpias (who has been MIA lately), 5 Odunnus, 5 Kobojunkies, 5 Enyojos, 5 Isale-gan2, 5 naijababes & 20 others, then I will be a happy man.  cool

I might like to keep the thread as it is so that all guys reading would think twice before insulting/bullying any lady here.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 4:50am On Nov 11, 2011
OAM4J:

@gestapo

Am not afraid jor.

I want 5 Desolas, 5 Stillwaters, 5 Ileke-Idis, 5 gestapos, 5 tpias (who has been MIA lately), 5 Odunnus, 5 Kobojunkies, 5 Enyojos, 5 Isale-gan2 and 20 others, then I will be a happy man.  cool

I might like to keep the thread as it is so that all guys reading would think twice before insulting/bullying any lady here.

Yea, it's better to let the women  bully/insult themselves. grin
What a thread. I thank you for today, I just turned off my movie and TV, gave this thread my 100% attention. LMAO!!! grin grin grin

I know that you were online, playing "invisble", enjoying the thread to the last insult tongue
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kobojunkie: 4:52am On Nov 11, 2011
OAM4J:

@gestapo

Am not afraid jor.

I want 5 Desolas, 5 Stillwaters, 5 Ileke-Idis, 5 gestapos, 5 tpias (who has been MIA lately), 5 Odunnus, 5 Kobojunkies, 5 Enyojos, 5 Isale-gan2, 5 naijababes & 20 others, then I will be a happy man.  cool

^^^ Yes, Showing the males that the way a woman fights her battles is also by lobbing INSULTS at others (who do not see things her way, or makes her feel threatened or takes attention from her) makes her more appear invincible, huh?  That is the example every Nigerian male/female needs to get from Nairaland, abi? 

Why not be fair and retain the insulting posts on other thread. That was we can have equal and fair bouts of this sort every day.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 4:58am On Nov 11, 2011
@Ileke

Naa seriously, I left the thread on page 5 while leaving the office, got home and met it at page 9.

Kobojunkie:

^^^ Yes, Showing the males that the way a woman fights her battles is also by lobbing INSULTS at others (who do not see things her way, or makes her feel threatened or takes attention from her) makes her more appear invincible, huh?  That is the example every Nigerian male/female needs to get from Nairaland, abi? 

Why not be fair and retain the insulting posts on other thread. That was we can have equal and fair bouts of this sort every day.

Sagamite Vs fstranger clash thread,  katsumoto Vs fstranger clash thread, beaf vs oyb and many others are still there for many to read.

Anyways, I have not made up my mind yet. . . still thinking of what I will do to the thread.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 5:02am On Nov 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Now, you're talking, wretch! It's about the attention, right? Oh dear, you should have said, i'm quite generous, you know. You need to understand the circle of life sweetie, at one point, Britany Spears was running the airwaves, then came beyonce, then came Rihanna e. t. c. Yorubas would say: makan, makan loye nkan.

Kobo, you are washed up darling, you are yesterday's news, today's chip paper. You have to leave when the ovation is loudest but shame that you never got one. You eased out and no one notices until you went into the cuckoo house and returned yet, they paid you no mind. Life is a BIATCH!!

A word of advise from one female to another. Crawl gently to a very dark corner, take a few deep breaths, tilt your head to a side and just DIE!!

I mean, what are you good for? You are washed up, loosing your marbles and you haven't got a man to shine your congo! I mean, you don't even know the meaning of the word c.u.m!

Kobo, abeg, do humanity a huge favour and just go kpeme for one side.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kobojunkie: 5:03am On Nov 11, 2011
OAM4J:

@Ileke

Naa seriously, I left the thread on page 5 while leaving the office, got home and met it at page 9.

Sagamite Vs fstranger clash thread,  katsumoto Vs fstranger clash thread, beaf vs oyb and many others are still there for many to read.
Anyways, I have not made up my mind yet. . . still thinking of what I will do to the thread.

Either Nairaland has zero tolerance for insults or Nairaland allows them. Which one? If it is OK on some occasions, then please let us all know so we can all freely use em where applicable.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 5:04am On Nov 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Either Nairaland has zero tolerance for insults or Nairaland allows them. Which one?

The 101 question.

Frigging robot!
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 5:38am On Nov 11, 2011
Wow, reading back on the comments, ppl seriously think I'm Desola?
ROTFL! grin.

As for KoboJ saying "Insulting me. . . ",  lol where did I ever insult you?  Even after insulting my babe, I no fit. I no fit get that kain energy for women wahala. You're going to have to find another enemy, even your subtle/indirect insults can't touch this.  I prefer male/female insult kiss

I hope everyone has calmed down. Let's all meet in the kitchen to talk about the latest recipe.  kiss kiss
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 5:47am On Nov 11, 2011
Jenifa_:

something you don't know is that both of those posters are closet females.

Are you sure?

Report to the office of the moderator for further disclosure/briefing cheesy
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kobojunkie: 5:49am On Nov 11, 2011
um. @Ileke-idi,  nowhere did I accuse you of actually insulting me. Simply posited that if you think insulting me will make the statement go away, it won't

I didn't insult your babe . . . I don't have that power. You do and your every actions decide that. I simply told you what the Bible tells you of the sins of the mothers and the fathers carrying on to the children. Unless you are going to tell us all that you  do not believe in the Christian God and as a result, do not accept what the Bible says, then I suggest you go look there for whom you need to attack
As a nigerian, I would think that you would at least understand the power of KARMA and how the seeds the mothers and fathers sow come back to bite the children and   their children's children. The cycle has to end somewhere but the generation before usually makes that decision. So nothing we do is in isolation. We reap EXACTLY what we sow. You think all the chaos we have today in Nigeria took root only yesterday? Nah!!! According to your bible, these are results of seeds that were sown by forefathers. Keep sowing more of the same seeds of hate and expect it not to backfire soon. And this goes out to all the women out there. grin

I didn't indirectly insult you. Simply told you what I believe is in the Bible, and is mostly according to cultural beliefs in Nigeria where you also come from. 

you are not the victim here . . . not at all.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kilode1: 5:55am On Nov 11, 2011
OAM4J:

Whao! omG! shocked shocked shocked

And they said ladies are weaker vessels

Not even Sagamite Vs fstranger epic battle got it to this height.

Bros, See wetin you cause?

I guess the topic question has been answered abi?

Please do more of these topics, waayyyy better than ekt_bear's data spreadsheets and Katsumoto's dissertations tongue
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Ileke_idi, what I told you is truth . . ,  the hate you sow today, will come back to bite you later on. If you doubt it, OPEN A BIBLE TO SEE HOW THE SINS OF THE FATHERS(MOTHERS AS WELL) FOLLOW THE CHILDREN FOR GENERATIONS  grin . The hate you see OOZING from folks did not start in 1960, out of nowhere. It can be traced back so many generations before. INSULTING me will not wipe that slate clean and it will not make your karma become mine . . .  it will only continue piling up for you and yours.

Anywayz, just saying. Not an enemy. . . . btw, what happened to your control you had for ignoring peeps on here. I urgently want to be ignored, if I can't be glorified with the ignore button, just log off and chill for a while. Please dont snap like this again, stay calm composed collected.  kiss I got mad love for you, babe, really mad love.

Kobojunkie:

you are not the victim here . . . not at all. 

Iyen ko ti e possible. Who dash am? Dem never born pesin wey wan victimize me. ehn, aa kii n gbo iyen o grin kiss
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 5:59am On Nov 11, 2011
Desola, if you want an application to be my sidekick, let me know o.
The position goes by fast. Everybody wants to work with me.
The pay is huge for interns.

tongue

My email : OmoYorubaswagga@yahoo.com. Your application will be reviewed over the next 30 days.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Katsumoto: 6:01am On Nov 11, 2011
Kilode?!:

Please do more of these topics, waayyyy better than ekt_bear's data spreadsheets and Katsumoto's dissertations  tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kobojunkie: 6:01am On Nov 11, 2011
I don't need to chill because this has NOTHING to do with emotions. I simply posted what I had on my mind as a message to you and other women out there who continue to think that life can exist in isolation, especially considering the daily evidence we get of how actions beget reactions in places like Africa, on a daily basis.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I don't need to chill because this has NOTHING to do with emotions. I simply posted what I had on my mind as a message to you and other women out there who continue to think that life can exist in isolation, especially considering the daily evidence we get of how actions beget reactions in places like Africa, on a daily basis.

I hear you, STILL love you die. Dont expect fan fare or surprise attacks from me to your person. Unless you grow actual hairy balls, I'm not ready to trade insults with you.  kiss We are done here.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jmaine: 8:01am On Nov 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Abi, they all belong in the kitchen. With Relax101 making sure the egg shell does not mix with the yokes. grin

Relax101 don suffer grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2011
Every "discussion" becomes Igbos vs Yorubas vs Hausas. Pro-GEJ vs Anti-GEJ. Optimists vs pessimists. What's the point? Everyone wants to take a side and argue die as if the world is black and white. Gray dey o! I try to make my point and then vamoose.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Relax101(m): 11:13am On Nov 11, 2011
jmaine:

Relax101 don suffer grin

Na so I see am o.
Make everybody go sleep.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Relax101(m): 11:23am On Nov 11, 2011
ogugua88:

Every "discussion" becomes Igbos vs Yorubas vs Hausas. Pro-GEJ vs Anti-GEJ. Optimists vs pessimists. What's the point? Everyone wants to take a side and argue die as if the world is black and white. Gray dey o! I try to make my point and then vamoose.

Emmm, Sexy omalicha, abeg connect me with any of the chick wey wear purple or white. chei! I go come stay for una zone small because of them. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ka ara gba ndi ara.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by martinosi: 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@Stillwaters, I disagree on foreign affairs section. It has been invaded by mostly the conspiracy theorists who attack you after watching a couple of documentaries on LINKTV.   grin

Also it is surely a matter of preference. Some people are interested in International politics while others are not. When it comes to American politics, I am more interested in the politics of where I live(actually not as interested since I have no political plans as such), and that seems to be the case with majority of Americans, as a recent research has revealed. Many here do not like to go out to discuss politics unless it directly affects them in one way or another. We have some female groups here in my city that get together to discuss and debate Chicago issues but the same women are not interested in topics that relate to other states or the US as a whole unless it directly impacts them in one way or another. And I believe the males are the same way.

Also on preference, I don't think being interested in politics means one has to immerse oneself into it.

See the Above part of your post that i have bolded.

U have to be kidding me!!!

Who do you think you are Playing!!!

U say - We have some female groups here in my city that get together to discuss and debate Chicago issues!

Which Women

African-American Women?
White Women?
Latino Women?
Nigerian Women?
African Immigrant Women?

CHICAGO Where are you in Chicago The South-side

Man Kobo-Junkie is just too trivia for my liking. no substance,

And she lives in Chicago, and she attends Womens meeting, in Chicago lol!!!
I give up on this lady, so whats up with Columbus, Ohio? or is that ur Alma Mater iie Uni,
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Relax101(m): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2011
I think I ve met kobo in real life, lol
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kobojunkie: 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2011
Ok, I'll bite! Where?? And how did you know to link the moniker "Kobojunkie" to this individual?
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2011
Honestly, I was hoping to see una continue Yest's catfight. cheesy

Veteran's day gift
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
Relax101:
Emmm, Sexy omalicha, abeg connect me with any of the chick wey wear purple or white. chei! I go come stay for una zone small because of them. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ka ara gba ndi ara.

When you're ready to come stay, holla me shap shap lol.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by armyofone(m): 11:24pm On Nov 11, 2011
Just passing by kiss.
Happy veteran day
SemperFI
Support our troops.
God bless America kiss

@topic

Ifyalways don talk am finish on page 1.

back to ROM (read only mode)
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by isalegan2: 1:24am On Nov 12, 2011
armyofone:

Just passing by  kiss.
Happy veteran day
SemperFI
Support our troops.
God bless America
kiss

@topic

Ifyalways don talk am finish on page 1.

back to ROM (read only mode)

Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh!   shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

[flash=420,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-AMYos0Js[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix-AMYos0Js

Big mistake!  You should have kept lurking.  You wandered into the wrong room tonight, hon!  Come on; let's go.  You and me.  Wo[b]mano[/b] a Wo[b]mano[/b]. 
wink

Kilode?!:

Please do more of these topics, waayyyy better than ekt_bear's data spreadsheets and Katsumoto's dissertations  tongue

Kilode?! Kilode?! Kilode?!

Glad you had fun. wink  BTW, I sensed the chemistry with a previously unknown (to me) chick, going by "Gestapo."  [size=5pt]i kid i jest.[/size]  That poster's got a way with words, I must say. cool  But. . . you do know I was in the room, right?  angry Yes, I was momentarily preoccupied with Sefago, having a very civil discussion about etiquette, but I did see y'all.  hmm hmm hmm.  SMH.  embarassed tongue

Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No one wants to see oversized Japo teeth.  Gbe'mi.  cheesy

P.S.: For those who feel NL women have no place discussing politics, I shall return with a post on all the neat and cute things we are allowed to discuss.  Such as, cuddly and furry puppies, the right kind of kitchenware (I like Calphalon myself - the "cheap" ones at discount stores of course - I'm no Adenuga), the latest in beautiful wedding gowns, cute and cuddly babies.  I shall return with pictures.  Not!  grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Hafizu Kawu Declares Support For Osinbajo / Lawmakers & Dalung Visit Dream Team In Brazil / For Receiving N5m From SAN, Rita Ofili-Ajumogobia, In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.