Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,904 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? (13582 Views)

Obanikoro Takes A Break From Politics / Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / PDP Leaders Who May Retire From Politics Following Buhari’s Emergence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 1:29am On Nov 10, 2011
Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions?

I noticed very few females actually participate in political discussions. We can count those of them who are active in this section on our fingertips. Why?

- Is it for lack of interest or should their interest be more on looking after their kitchen, kids and family?
- Are they afraid of taking up men in political debates?
- How are we going to have many women taking up political/leadership positions if many of them shy away from politics and political discussions?
- Or is it just enough that they be given a percentage of political appointments?
- And how can we encourage many females to participate in politics/political discussion?

Let's discuss this.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jmaine: 1:34am On Nov 10, 2011
They are not cut out for the extreme aggressive display discussions we have in our department . . .and they are also more content about drowning themselves in thoughts about relationships and family planning affairs grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 1:37am On Nov 10, 2011
jmaine:

They are not cut out for the extreme aggressive display discussions we have in our department . . .and they are also more content about drowning themselves in thoughts about relationships and family planning affairs grin

How condescending!!

Not funny at all!
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by ektbear: 1:39am On Nov 10, 2011
subscribing
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 10, 2011
Dem full romance,celebrity,fashion and family sections.  grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by BootyOnMe: 1:45am On Nov 10, 2011
Which kain kweshun be dis? undecided

Even if you be "Al Jareem", ki le tim kpe e  undecided. . . .The "Ultra Global Ati GALACTICAL/EPHEMERUS Dundee United of Nairaland"!

When you carry that your wor-wor, Yoruba, Sharia, crawfish arzze with your 'alaye' boyz/desperado Okoro-Yoruba, chop-chop head. . .OVERSYLLA[b]BUSTS-brazzier-nor-fit-holly-awa-bobbies[/b] WOR-WOR bitchezzz looking to chop cyber 'peh-nises' for pacifiers/pospicles/moderator/SUPA MODERATOR jobs all ova NL to insult and ban them nko?

Looky hia,  . . Stop spreading your caliber of mental re-tardation around here huh?
You should know better.
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Thank God you cannot smell where some of us fart. . . .Like Nigeria, like Nairaland.
Do women participate 'actively' without their arzzzzes being manipulated/phocked by goons like you in Nigeria?
You moderators and your fellow 'ashi' supa mods would have been rapi-sts!

REASON:NOT EVERY WOMAN IS INTERESTED IN BEING A CYBER-HO ON YOUR TERMS!

There! kiss
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jmaine: 1:47am On Nov 10, 2011
Desola:

How condescending!!

Not funny at all!
Shut up, give your opinion and move ahead . . .won't even blink to any of your feminist shyte
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 1:48am On Nov 10, 2011
jmaine:

Shut up, give your opinion and move ahead . . .won't even blink to any of your feminist shyte

. . .but why tell me to shut up na?
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jmaine: 1:50am On Nov 10, 2011
Desola:

. . .but why tell me to shut up na?

Cos you need to always stop playing the feminist card
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by ifyalways(f): 1:53am On Nov 10, 2011
Oh,wait a mo',You guys actually think what you do here is "discussing Politics" ?LMAO

Endless,senseless and meaningless arguments aimed at massaging dead egos and general online nuisance?with ofcourse,the resident female fly perching @ every piece of shyte in sight.

Long gone are the days when this section smelt anything politics. . .and im just being nice with words.

Greater percenatage of posters in this section are real life loners and depressed arzes coming on here to scream themselves hoarse,take them pills and hit the sacks.My opionion.
Thank yous.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 1:55am On Nov 10, 2011
jmaine:

Cos you need to always stop playing the feminist card

well, well. . .then you really don't know me.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 1:56am On Nov 10, 2011
ifyalways:

Oh,wait a mo',You guys actually think what you do here is "discussing Politics" ?LMAO

Endless,senseless and meaningless arguments aimed at massaging dead egos and general online nuisance?with ofcourse,the resident female fly perching @ every piece of shyte in sight.

Long gone are the days when this section made sense. . .and im just being nice with words.

Thank yous.

Ouch! That hurts!!!

ibo girls are too mouthed!! What happened to being your sister's keeper now, Nwanne? You are giving this boiz room to yab o.

Meoooowww!!! *scratches*
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jmaine: 2:00am On Nov 10, 2011
ifyalways:

Long gone are the days when this section made sense. . .and im just being nice with words.

Thank yous.

Madam Ify . . .Could the embolded be  lipsrsealed . . . .Meanwhile the political section is where to pick up a good worthwhile e-fight  cheesy . . . . . .If the amount of virtual fighting in this land was converted to reality  . . .most of us would have had dentitions as bizarre as this duo beneath . . .  

Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 2:02am On Nov 10, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You guys need to get your own pound of flesh after that thorough arse whooping. It's only fair, carry go jare.

Ibos, you always carry last now.

Gbagaun! Declare the floor open. Knockout round 2!
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 2:08am On Nov 10, 2011
BootyOnMe:

Which kain kweshun be dis? undecided

Even if you be "Al Jareem", ki le tim kpe e  undecided. . . .The "Ultra Global Dundee United of Nairaland"!

When you carry that your wor-wor, Yoruba, Sharia, crawfish arzze with your 'alaye' boyz/desperado Okoro-Yoruba, chop-chop head. . .OVERSYLLA[b]BUSTS[/b] bitchezzz looking to chop 'peh-nis' all ova NL to insult and ban them nko?

Looky hia,  . . Stop spreading your caliber of mental re-tardation around here huh?
You should know better.
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Thank God you cannot smell where some of us fart. . . .Like Nigeria, like Nairaland.
Do women participate 'actively' without their arzzzzes being manipulated/phocked by goons like you in Nigeria?
You moderators and your fellow 'ashi' supa mods would have been rapi-sts!

REASON:NOT EVERY WOMAN IS INTERESTED IN BEING A CYBER-HO ON YOUR TERMS!

There! kiss

So in your opinion its because they got banned by moderators?

Out there lies political witch-hunting, blackmails, harassment etc yet the tough ones got to be heard and win political offices. Are you saying women are not that tough?

BTW, since I became a mod only one female has been banned from this section to the best of my knowledge and she was not banned for more than 24hrs.

Also what gave you the impression am based in Nigeria? Is it written on my location or what?
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by BootyOnMe: 2:12am On Nov 10, 2011
OAM4J:

Out there lies political witch-hunting, blackmails, harassment etc yet the tough ones got to be heard and win political offices. Are you saying women are not that tough?

BTW, since I became a mod only one female has been banned from this section to the best of my knowledge and she was not banned for more than 24hrs.

Also what gave you the impression am based in Nigeria? Is it written on my location or what?

*Oh poohsie fart*!

Erm.
Nor be h-only me wan dey hia o!
See me see trobu o!

I said goons like you in Nigeria. I SAID LIKE NIGERIA LIKE NAIRALAND!
Abi o gbo yinglish?
Me nor kia whia you 'base' o!
Not until you do something about those agberos like Aigbofa, EKITI drug-addicts like FStranger and arse-wipe-chopping "Freddie Yoruba Coogar" with parents for 'feral animals' in this your useless political section can YOU be taken seriously. The same energy you and your 'OYA ASHEWO BABES' use to pursue some of us all over NL. . .should be devoted to them too abi?

Abeg move jor!
Me be woman. . . I dey participate. . .So go and chop shyte with all that your "OLUFEMI GBAJABIAMILLA-BAMBI-ALLAH" NL-honorary award! kiss

In other words. . . go impress someone else!
Ewu moderator 'politial section' with that your AWOBI FATHER ILEYA-LOOKING, AGIDI-QUAFFING/SHYTING BUFFOON CALLED JARUS! kiss

Ooooooooooh! I feel beta! cool
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jmaine: 2:12am On Nov 10, 2011
Pesin dey try twist this thread to male versus female . . .very soon na Igbo versus Yoruba this nice thread go turn into . . . Na wao . . .
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 2:14am On Nov 10, 2011
OAM4J:

Liar! It was 48hrs!!!!!!!!

oops!! I just let the cat out of the bag. . .
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by OAM4J: 2:15am On Nov 10, 2011
ifyalways:

Long gone are the days when this section smelt anything politics. . .and im just being nice with words.

Greater percenatage of posters in this section are real life loners and depressed arzes coming on here to scream themselves hoarse,take them pills and hit the sacks.My opionion.
Thank yous.

Political discussion is about expressing opinions on political issues however silly or faulty the opinions may be, then different opinions are debated and we don't need to agree on any opinion but in the course of the debate everyone learn something. Since you have a better, more refined, more meaningful and more sensible argument, you should have expressed them and let the boys be educated by you. Or did anyone stopped you from doing so?
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 2:16am On Nov 10, 2011
jmaine:

Pesin dey try twist this thread to male versus female . . .very soon na Igbo versus Yoruba this nice thread go turn into . . . Na wao . . .

As per usual na?

When you and your sister decided to play that game, it's only right for the fly to perch on that s.hit!
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jmaine: 2:20am On Nov 10, 2011
Desola:

As per usual na?

When you and your sister decided to play that game, it's only right for the fly to perch on that s.hit!

So you are the fly  undecided  . . . . See as you expose yaself  shocked . . .ma mind no even go ya side . . . . Na true say, if talk resemble pesin, the owner go answer am . . .That theory don work today . . .But really, i do not see you as a fly . . .so why accept that logo sweet . . .
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Jenifa1: 2:22am On Nov 10, 2011
Women will participate more in politics if there is a safe space for them to do so.
but the truth is that men DO NOT want women involved in d first place and do their best to keep females out. Women also know that they are not wanted in politics.

If not for UN gender equality mandates, do you even think there will be as many female politicians in Nigeria at all?
I don't think so.

in my opinion though, women do discuss politics among themselves. at least the parts of politics that have meaning and relevance to their lives. although they do not make it into a hobby like some men do. We have more relevant things to do with our time.

I'm speaking for naija because the reality is different for places like the US where there is pretty decent female participation. esp when many of the debate topics have relevance to females ex abortion being the most obvious example.
in naija on the other hand it won't even be a question before a legislator places a ban on females "wearing skirts" (not that any woman in her right mind will obey such) That's messed up. The whole country might as well be a sharia state.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 2:24am On Nov 10, 2011
jmaine:

So you are the fly  undecided  . . . . See as you expose yaself  shocked . . .ma mind no even go ya side . . . . Na true say, if talk resemble pesin, the owner go answer am . . .That theory don work today . . .But really, i do not see you as a fly . . .so why accept that logo sweet    . . .

Darling, I am a fly o. I am free spirited, I fly wherever the wind can take my wings.

Snookums, I know how to play your tribal games and that girl was being far too kind with words. For an ibo girl, I expected something more colourful from her but she's slightly reserved - i think. ibo girls manufacture obscenities o, no joke. You should know your ilk now.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by isaleggan: 2:32am On Nov 10, 2011
Jenifa_:

Women will participate more in politics if there is a safe space for them to do so.
but the truth is that men DO NOT want women involved in d first place and do their best to keep females out. Women also know that they are not wanted in politics.

If not for UN gender equality mandates, do you even think there will be as many female politicians in Nigeria at all?
I don't think so.

in my opinion though, women do discuss politics among themselves. at least the parts of politics that have meaning and relevance to their lives. although they do not make it into a hobby like some men do. We have more relevant things to do with our time.

I'm speaking for naija because the reality is different for places like the US where there is pretty decent female participation. esp when many of the debate topics have relevance to females ex abortion
in naija on the other hand it won't even be a question before a legislator places a ban on females "wearing skirts" That's messed up. The whole country might as well be a sharia state.

You talk so much crap, it is astounding!  Unbelievable!  Are you for real?!  Did you live in Nigeria at all?  With Nigerian parents?  Around Nigerian women?

"A safe place for them to do so"?  What does that have to do with anything?  What does that even mean?  I'm sorry.  I have had to endure your posts for months now.  Enough already.  You don't know squat about the stuff you ramble on about.  Often, there's a nugget of an idea wrapped in a whole lot of mess.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by ifyalways(f): 2:34am On Nov 10, 2011
OAM4J:

Political discussion is about expressing opinions on political issues however silly or faulty the opinions may be, then different opinions are debated and we don't need to agree on any opinion but in the course of the debate everyone learn something. Since you have a better, more refined, more meaningful and more sensible argument, you should have expressed them and let the boys be educated by you. Or did anyone stopped you from doing so?
OJ,please educate me,what is politics ? What do we have here these days?:
My hamlet soup is tastier than yours.
Igbos now fart in mars while Yoruba's shyte in holes.
How wud the Politics section look like without Beaf(meat or username lolz)
Whose region has the most bootylicious women.
Otutu mu mio ,oyi na atum etc.
Daily GIGO!
Go through the section na.

Argh,then the multiple username syndrome.Folks having discussions,lenghty ones with themselves.Soliloqy never looked so good.

Rofl
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jmaine: 2:34am On Nov 10, 2011
Desola:

Darling, I am a fly o. I am free spirited, I fly wherever the wind can take my wings.

Snookums, I know how to play your tribal games and that girl was being far too kind with words. For an ibo girl, I expected something more colourful from her but she's slightly reserved - i think. ibo girls manufacture obscenities o, no joke. You should know your ilk now.

I wasn't into any of your anticipated tribal wars and am never in any tribal games . . .i laugh when i see you people killing yourselves over here while we guyz relate properly outside doing business, trusting each other moderately while also watching our back lest we get made no matter the region of the person . . .And for your record . .am not of Igbo descent . . . . . So i will excuse myself from your tribal war mongering desires . . .
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Nov 10, 2011
ifyalways:

[size=14pt]Oh,wait a mo',You guys actually think what you do here is "discussing Politics" ?LMAO

[/size]

Thank yous.

That put a smile on my face! Yes, I am guilty of seeking out a debate (Nairaland remains the only serious place for debate of any kind on Nigeria) anywhere I can these days. It is hard to find a good one. Gone are the days when we had some really sensible chatter on here.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 10, 2011
Jenifa_:

I don't think so.

lol. What!
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by ektbear: 2:37am On Nov 10, 2011
So much venom on this thread  grin

calm down a bit, folks. . .
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Jenifa1: 2:39am On Nov 10, 2011
isale_ggan:

You talk so much crap, it is astounding!  Unbelievable!  Are you for real?!  Did you live in Nigeria at all?  With Nigerian parents?  Around Nigerian women?

I would have said the same thing as you before I found out that there is a quota system in 23 African countries for female participation in politics. this is UN millenium goal mandate. Uganda and Rwanda are two countries that have met that quota.
If Nigeria is not one of those 23 (which i think we are) participating countries, then i'm sure there is pressure to increase female participation.

Without the UN system, there will be less female participation in politics than we currently have now. I stand by this opinion until I am convinced by contrary arguments.

Maybe you are a politician in Nigeria and disagree, please share your view on why you disagree.
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by jmaine: 2:39am On Nov 10, 2011
isale_ggan:

"A safe place for them to do so"?  What does that have to do with anything?  What does that even mean?  I'm sorry.  I have had to endure your posts for months now.  Enough already.  You don't know squat about the stuff you ramble on about.  Often, there's a nugget of an idea wrapped in a whole lot of mess.

Part of the outrage that sends them ladies away  wink  . . .Most are too cool to return fire for fire . . .they did rather stay off than endure direct attacks . . . Please be soft on ladies  cheesy
Re: Why Do Ladies Shy Away From Politics & Political Discussions? by Desola(f): 2:40am On Nov 10, 2011
Na Oa4mj call women into this forum o. . .now im no go finish the tin wen im start.

I just fear women and cat fights. I can't do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Fawehinmi To Jonathan: Show Competence Or Resign In A Month / Jonathan Initiates Probe Of AGF Adoke! / LASTMA To Adopt New System Of Booking Offenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.