Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? (14790 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:23pm On Feb 25
4ward4:

Lol, what heck are you quoting..go read exactly what you quoted and stop been a baby christain who thinks using his feelings, thereby allowing a particular man who claims he is off God feed fat off him.
Like I said, Give alms, contribute in building a church and spreading the goodness is of more importance and exactly the will of God.The pentecostal Scam will soon fall off and the truth will reign.

Guy i'm not a misinformed churchgoer so read with wisdom before quoting, in my own place of worship we don't pay tithes i'm only here to enlighten churchgoers about what they're paying for that's not a Christian requirement!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by dkidd: 6:53pm On Feb 25
Sometimes I wonder why people argue on this. Spreading the good news ( gospel) is expensive like everything else. Running a church requires cash flow like everything else. And yes men of God are also to be monetarily provided for in other to sustain like everyone else and also cater to those within the church that requires some form of assistance. Paying of tithe and offerings takes care of all these and also the advancement of God's kingdom requires money here on earth. Like organizing programs. Paying for space or buying a land and building, electricity, water and every other basic thing required for life to thrive. All these will not run on themselves hence God commanded tithe payment. Anyone saying pastors are eating the tithe is stupid. Wetin pastor supposed to eat. Shebi he's doing the work? He is entitled to a part of it so is the church management. Giving 10% of our income has become a problem to some but they will rather pay in into meaningless ventures. It is when a church becomes too obsessed with financial gains more than spreading the gospel or advancing the kingdom that it should be a problem. Una no get conscience? Some of these pastors are full time as in no other job but this and u will still be finding it difficult to pay for offerings and tithe. Some churches run gen 24/7, all the electrical equipment, sitting chairs, church bus, tracts and stickers, publications, online presence etc all require funding. You would rather prefer these pastors go begging before they can do these basic things for themselves? I believe anyone fighting against tithing is an agent of darkness no two ways about it. In this life money is a necessity and the church is not an exception to it. We must move to the permanent site. Pay ur tithe and offerings cheerfully and generously and see how God will make things to work for u.

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by IAMBOSS1990: 7:07pm On Feb 25
dkidd:
Sometimes I wonder why people argue on this. Spreading the good news ( gospel) is expensive like everything else. Running a church requires cash flow like everything else. And yes men of God are also to be monetarily provided for in other to sustain like everyone else and also cater to those within the church that requires some form of assistance. Paying of tithe and offerings takes care of all these and also the advancement of God's kingdom requires money here on earth. Like organizing programs. Paying for space or buying a land and building, electricity, water and every other basic thing required for life to thrive. All these will not run on themselves hence God commanded tithe payment. Anyone saying pastors are eating the tithe is stupid. Wetin pastor supposed to eat. Shebi he's doing the work? He is entitled to a part of it so is the church management. Giving 10% of our income has become a problem to some but they will rather pay in into meaningless ventures. It is when a church becomes too obsessed with financial gains more than spreading the gospel or advancing the kingdom that it should be a problem. Una no get conscience? Some of these pastors are full time as in no other job but this and u will still be finding it difficult to pay for offerings and tithe. Some churches run gen 24/7, all the electrical equipment, sitting chairs, church bus, tracts and stickers, publications, online presence etc all require funding. You would rather prefer these pastors go begging before they can do these basic things for themselves? I believe anyone fighting against tithing is an agent of darkness no two ways about it. In this life money is a necessity and the church is not an exception to it. We must move to the permanent site. Pay ur tithe and offerings cheerfully and generously and see how God will make things to work for u.
Omo your contribution to this issue is just absolutely beautiful but then I read your signature and was "like did I read your post correctly?". What a contrast!

Your profile picture and comment on this thread go contrary to your signature description of yourself.

It begs the question Sir, who are you really and what do you represent?

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by fkj950ax(m): 7:10pm On Feb 25
Corrections:

Tell me the things that belong to God.
Tell me the things that belong to your parents
All this antichrist disguising as Christians.
Does tithe belong to your parents?
Or your bible has missing pages?

Dtruthspeaker:
You are the one who is wrong.
Donโ€™t bother arguing with him. He knows the truth. Only created this thread to spread falsehood.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by ProudNigerian01: 7:16pm On Feb 25
Tithe is just 10% out of 100 and some how you prefer to give that 10% to your Parents or the poor, leaving the remaining 90% to yourself.

Paying tithe is obeying God and does not in any way stop you from helping your parents or the poor if you really want to.

I think the problem is we always think paying tithes is giving too much to some pastor who already has enough.

Don't see it that way, see paying tithe as another way of you obeying God.

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by dkidd: 7:23pm On Feb 25
IAMBOSS1990:

Omo your contribution to this issue is just absolutely beautiful but then I read your signature and was "like did I read your post correctly?". What a contrast!

Your profile picture and comment on this thread go contrary to your signature description of yourself.

It begs the question Sir, who are you really and what do you represent?
Lol.. my relationship with God is on a personal level and anyone is free to judge or take me by what they see online. It's my personal journey. And as for my signature. That's a whole lot of different bullet. Me when go soon marry the loml this year ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:25pm On Feb 25
dkidd:

Paying of tithes is not a requirement in Christianity, it ended with the Jewish system of things with it's temple!

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by IAMBOSS1990: 7:32pm On Feb 25
dkidd:

Lol.. my relationship with God is on a personal level and anyone is free to judge or take me by what they see online. It's my personal journey. And as for my signature. That's a whole lot of different bullet. Me when go soon marry the loml this year ๐Ÿ˜‚
Agreed your relationship is personal but isn't God interested in the way we choose to describe ourselves? Shouldn't we describe ourselves according to the word of God, in a manner that shows holiness?

Shouldn't our words convey or depict holiness?

Lev.11v45 - For I am the LORD who brings you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by dkidd: 7:35pm On Feb 25
MaxInDHouse:

Paying of tithes is not a requirement in Christianity, it ended with the Jewish system of things with it's temple!
How do u mean it ended? Show me where or how it was ended pls
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by IAMBOSS1990: 7:37pm On Feb 25
MaxInDHouse:

How Sir?

When the Lord Jesus Christ said it shouldn't be left undone.

Matt.23.23 - "How terrible it will be for you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest part of your income, but you ignore the important things of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but you should not leave undone the more important things.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by dkidd: 7:38pm On Feb 25
IAMBOSS1990:

Agreed your relationship is personal but isn't God interested in the way we choose to describe ourselves? Shouldn't we describe ourselves according to the word of God, in a manner that shows holiness?

Shouldn't our words convey or depict holiness?

Lev.11v45 - For I am the LORD who brings you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God. You shall therefore be holy, for I am holy.
Yeah I feel u and I understand what u mean.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by aalangel(f): 7:57pm On Feb 25
NEVER!!!!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by EreluRoz: 8:07pm On Feb 25
dkidd:

That'll be great congratulations in advance wow
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:25pm On Feb 25
dkidd:

How do u mean it ended? Show me where or how it was ended pls

In the Mosaic laws God commanded Israelites not to share one tribe part of the inheritance this was the tribe called "Levites" God said this tribe will be working in the temple as priests and singers.
So out of the twelve tribes of Israel the Levites were excluded during the sharing of inheritance that's why God commanded the remaining tribes to bring ten percent of whatever they gain from the inheritance shared to them:

At the end of every three years, you should bring out the entire tenth part of your produce for that year and deposit it inside your cities. Then the Levite, who has not been given a share or an inheritance with you, the foreign resident, the fatherless child, and the widow who are in your cities will come and eat their fill, so that Jehovah your God may bless you in all that you do! Deuteronomy 14:28-29

So the Levites will carry the tithes and share among themselves out of which they're to pay tithes too it's from this that the fatherless child, widows and visitors will be taken care of therefore the people who are not supposed to pay tithes at all are ORPHANS, WIDOWS and VISITORS because this three have nothing as business so there's nothing to divide and pay tithes (tenth part)

When Christ Jesus established Christianity the Israelites are no longer together so the system of tithing has become a heavy burden on the two tribes called "Jews" yet those officiating in the temple don't care about where the money is coming from even if an orphan, widow or visitors brings tithes they will collect from them but they will not pay back as required by the law that's why Jesus cursed them! Matthew 23:23

So in Christianity that was established by Christ Jesus himself nobody is to be paid a dime for the work Jesus assigned to his disciples {Matthew 10:6-8} that's why apostle Paul made it clear that since the Levitical priesthood has ended with it's system Christians are no longer required to pay tithes! Hebrews 7:5-12

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by OctavianAC(m): 10:35pm On Feb 25
MaxInDHouse:
According to God you're not to determine what happens to your tithes God said bring it to His house and not to the needy.
So if you don't bring it to His house you're still owing Him the tithe!undecided

Have you ever heard God drawing debt or says in anywhere or through the prophets that anyone owes him? Because even if you are up to date and consistent in your tithe you still own God a debt you cannot pay. The debt is your life you don't even have right to take.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Melagros(m): 10:52pm On Feb 25
MaxInDHouse:
According to God you're not to determine what happens to your tithes God said bring it to His house and not to the needy.
So if you don't bring it to His house you're still owing Him the tithe!undecided
Mofo, pastor come collect my own, si you forgot what James said grin
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by IAmHim1: 12:09am On Feb 26
good act
you were not supposed to announce it though.
pansophist:
I've paid more tithes than lots of tithes payers, and it's because I give and help those in need a lot. My tithes will never go to any pastor. Many of them are thieves.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by colossus91(m): 12:59am On Feb 26
I'm a Christian,never paid tithe cos the whole reason I do things most time is cos Jesus talked about it. If Jesus has died to r deem us from everything then why pay tithe? I know jesus didn't pay tithe but he mentioned taxes,I feel if tithe was that important he would have paid and talked about it too. I am not discouraging anyone from paying oo but me I no dey pay sha. Except I get answers on why Jesus didn't mention it.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:07am On Feb 26
OctavianAC:

Have you ever heard God drawing debt or says in anywhere or through the prophets that anyone owes him? Because even if you are up to date and consistent in your tithe you still own God a debt you cannot pay. The debt is your life you don't even have right to take.

Melagros:

Mofo, pastor come collect my own, si you forgot what James said grin

Most of you are faithless you just want to show up where crowd gathers without any commitment but it's OK.
I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses we don't pay nor collect tithe in our place of worship but if you attend religious service in a place where it's demanded then know today that you are owning the god they worship in that place because the priest (pastor) has told you what his god demands.
Tithing is required in the Bible during Mosaic laws but in Christianity it's no longer required that means the gods your churches worship are not the same otherwise all of you will have the same line of thought regarding what your god required! John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10 smiley
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:13am On Feb 26
pansophist:

I've paid more tithes than lots of tithes payers, and it's because I give and help those in need a lot. My tithes will never go to any pastor. Many of them are thieves.
You've never paid tithe before!
What you're paying is called "gift of mercy" the TITHE must be taken to the temple and deposited there.
Today Christ Jesus isn't demanding for money as tithe so both payers of monetized tithes and none payers have detailed there's a way we are to pay our tithes directly to Christ Jesus today but the one and only organization that knows this has been blackmailed among you! smiley
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Hannaleeyah(f): 5:54am On Feb 26
Lexusgs430:
People are still very foolishly paying tithes........ Una no go ever learn........ ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Please pay your tithes๐Ÿ™
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by dkidd: 6:11am On Feb 26
MaxInDHouse:

In the Mosaic laws God commanded Israelites not to share one tribe part of the inheritance this was the tribe called "Levites" God said this tribe will be working in the temple as priests and singers.
So out of the twelve tribes of Israel the Levites were excluded during the sharing of inheritance that's why God commanded the remaining tribes to bring ten percent of whatever they gain from the inheritance shared to them:

At the end of every three years, you should bring out the entire tenth part of your produce for that year and deposit it inside your cities. Then the Levite, who has not been given a share or an inheritance with you, the foreign resident, the fatherless child, and the widow who are in your cities will come and eat their fill, so that Jehovah your God may bless you in all that you do! Deuteronomy 14:28-29

So the Levites will carry the tithes and share among themselves out of which they're to pay tithes too it's from this that the fatherless child, widows and visitors will be taken care of therefore the people who are not supposed to pay tithes at all are ORPHANS, WIDOWS and VISITORS because this three have nothing as business so there's nothing to divide and pay tithes (tenth part)

When Christ Jesus established Christianity the Israelites are no longer together so the system of tithing has become a heavy burden on the two tribes called "Jews" yet those officiating in the temple don't care about where the money is coming from even if an orphan, widow or visitors brings tithes they will collect from them but they will not pay back as required by the law that's why Jesus cursed them! Matthew 23:23

So in Christianity that was established by Christ Jesus himself nobody is to be paid a dime for the work Jesus assigned to his disciples {Matthew 10:6-8} that's why apostle Paul made it clear that since the Levitical priesthood has ended with it's system Christians are no longer required to pay tithes! Hebrews 7:5-12

U wrote a whole lot but still didn't answer the question
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:47am On Feb 26
dkidd:

It's the religion Moses handed over to Israelites that has tithing as part of its system of operations in Christianity tithing has no part that's why it's not mentioned in the New Testament as a requirement!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:11am On Feb 26
DeOTR:

If you had any sense you'll know tithe doesn't belong to the pastors.

if you.had any.sense you'll see i never said tithe belomgs to the pastor
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:42am On Feb 26
dkidd:

That is how he does. He will see your questions and points but will do as if he didnโ€™t see it. When he answers you he will only write what he wants backed by scriptures that have nothing to do with what he says.

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:55am On Feb 26
MaxInDHouse:

You've never paid tithe before!
What you're paying is called "gift of mercy" the TITHE must be taken to the temple and deposited there.
Today Christ Jesus isn't demanding for money as tithe so both payers of monetized tithes and none payers have detailed there's a way we are to pay our tithes directly to Christ Jesus today but the one and only organization that knows this has been blackmailed among you! smiley

Why do you speak with both side of your mouth? At this moment you argue on how tithes should be paid the next moment you claim tithe does not exist.

I should have known that I was talking with the wrong person all along with your responses that have no scriptural bases or back up.

Your doctrine frowns at paying tithe (so you donโ€™t do it) yet you want to teach those whose doctrine permits them to pay tithe.

A blind man that wants to lead a man with 2 eyes that see should not be taken seriously. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Lomprico2: 9:36am On Feb 26
Dtruthspeaker:

If you had truly read the bible, then you would have known why this was a very stupid question.

Hahaha! This one got you right? grin

You cannot trash all other old laws in the old testament and clinch onto tithe only. You are either a crook or not informed at all.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Lomprico2: 9:38am On Feb 26
Dtruthspeaker:

God will Judge and we shall see amongst us who obeyed Him and who did not, for.it was He Who gave The.Command

But see am, you don.change post.

I dint change any post. My argument is in line.

Is your pastor from the descendants of Levi?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Lexusgs430: 9:44am On Feb 26
Hannaleeyah:

Please pay your tithes๐Ÿ™

If you see or hear I pay tithes, I give you permission to kill me .......๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by justmondris: 10:15am On Feb 26
If you were not greedy and trying to rob God, why did you give your parents and others in need from the remaining 90% of the profit. Na God 10% you want take do charity work.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:54am On Feb 26
Lomprico2:

I dint change any post. My argument is in line.

Is your pastor from the descendants of Levi?

You did. first your complaint was i should not pay tithe because "God does not need nor want your fuckiing money". i answered you. Then you changed post to pastor and now Levite.

This matter now is in subjudice in God's Court and our lives and death hangs on His Judgment, so let us see who shall live or die.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:05am On Feb 26
Lomprico2:

Hahaha! This one got you right? grin

You cannot trash all other old laws in the old testament and clinch onto tithe only. You are either a crook or not informed at all.

Now you prove that you never read the bible else you would have seen that it is the consecrated levite God Commanded to do the burnt offering and not anyone as you stupidly thought.

And you would have seen all these and more if you had truly read the bible. but you do not read rather you listen to stupid noisemakers who themselves like you never read the bible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nwobodo wasn't a Faithful Anglican, PDP to APC wont save himโ€“ Bishop Chukwuma / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Pastor Prays For "Miracle Money" To Enter Members' Bank Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.