Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,523 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? (14680 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 8:57am On Feb 20
MaxInDHouse:

The food was DONATED by tithe payers and as a visitor in God's house David and his men are entitled to it.
But for someone to bypass the Tabernacle and give anything to David means it's no longer the tithe because it's the dedication to God's house that makes it the TITHE not just what you wish to call it! smiley

You just keep hiding the obvious truth from the scriptures. You first pretend as if you didn’t see the scriptures that back my claim.

I thought people like you see it as abomination for people to take what is dedicated to God before now? It is no longer abomination but you now saying David is entitled to it….nawa o!! How are you sure that David had not initially collected first batch of those food donations (tithe) outside the temple but got finished before going to get those once inside the temple? Remember they were at WAR!!!!!

You were the same person that said “ human body is not the temple of God “ that the only temple of God you know is the physical building or structure. Jesus keep showing you the light, here again he is telling you the truth !!! Stop twisting it to suit yourself.

mark 7:11

New international Version
11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God) TITHE IS DEVOTED TO GOD— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition (believe system abi no be so?) that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

THE TRUTH CAN’T BE WON OR DEFATTED !!!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:39am On Feb 20
Corrections:

You just keep hiding the obvious truth from the scriptures. You first pretend as if you didn’t see the scriptures that back my claim. I thought people like you see it as abomination for people to take what is dedicated to God before now? It is no longer abomination but you now saying David is entitled to it….nawa o!! How are you sure that David had not initially collected those food donations (tithe) outside the temple but got finished before going to get those once in the temple? Remember they were at WAR!!!!!

You were the same person that said “ human body is not the temple of God “ that the only temple of God you know is the physical building or structure. Jesus keep showing you the light, here again he is telling you the truth !!! Stop twisting it to suit yourself.

11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition (believe system) that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

THE TRUTH CAN’T BE WON!!!

You still don't get it.

David went to God's house were the tithe has been deposited the tithe payers have played their part by bringing it to the house of God so it was inside God's house that David went as a visitor to eat what is found in God's house.
But in your own case you're suggesting it should be given to individuals which means it is not to be deposited in God's house as the scriptures said.
That's what is wrong with your suggestion undecided!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by sageb: 11:45am On Feb 20
A powerful sermon

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Aemmyjah(m): 12:50pm On Feb 20
MaxInDHouse:

You still don't get it.

David went to God's house were the tithe has been deposited the tithe payers have played their part by bringing it to the house of God so it was inside God's house that David went as a visitor to eat what is found in God's house.
But in your own case you're suggesting it should be given to individuals which means it is not to be deposited in God's house as the scriptures said.

As if they will give him food if he goes to meet them
David was confident and he was hungry
Pastors won't share their stuffs
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:16pm On Feb 20
Aemmyjah:

As if they will give him food if he goes to meet them
David was confident and he was hungry
Pastors won't share their stuffs

The young man is suggesting that anyone who wants to pay tithes can give it to the needy and still count it as tithe paying when it wasn't deposited in the temple. smiley
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 12:02pm On Feb 23
MaxInDHouse:

You still don't get it.

I didnt suggest that JESUS suggested it but you seem to be more knowledgeable than Jesus. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And this is what Jesus says

11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God) TITHE IS DEVOTED TO GOD— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition (believe system abi no be so?) that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

You keep misinterpreting the message in the write-up either deliberately or unconsciously. Now I suggest you go back and read the whole write up digesting each paragraph carefully. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:05pm On Feb 23
Corrections:

I didnt suggest that JESUS suggested it
Please quote where Jesus said tithe should be given to those in need! smiley
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 2:10pm On Feb 24
MaxInDHouse:

Please quote where Jesus said tithe should be given to those in need! smiley

Pls quote where Jesus said TITHE should not be given to those in need. wink wink
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:40pm On Feb 24
Corrections:

Pls quote where Jesus said TITHE should not be given to those in need. wink wink

Remember he did not come to abolish the law {Matthew 5:17} so tithes should be brought to the temple according to the law and not given to anyone not even the needy! smiley
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 6:02am On Feb 25
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 6:03am On Feb 25
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 6:04am On Feb 25
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 6:05am On Feb 25
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 6:05am On Feb 25
MaxInDHouse:

Remember he did not come to abolish the law {Matthew 5:17} so tithes should be brought to the temple according to the law and not givten to anyone not even the needy! smiley

Which law? The one that says we humans are temple of God in which God dwells? ( of course this law can not be abolished)

Now, Pls quote where Jesus said TITHE should not be given to your parents or those in need in the Bible undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:01am On Feb 25
Corrections:

Which law? The one that says we humans are temple of God in which God dwells? ( of course this law can not be abolished)
Now, Pls quote where Jesus said TITHE should not be given to your parents or those in need in the Bible undecided undecided undecided undecided

Where did the law say humans are the temple of God in which God dwells?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by prizeless(m): 8:54am On Feb 25
Read your Bible
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by abbasajao(m): 8:55am On Feb 25
And this topic continues to be subject of discussion.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Lexusgs430: 8:56am On Feb 25
People are still very foolishly paying tithes........ Una no go ever learn........ 😜😭
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by GenFunction: 8:56am On Feb 25
EreluRoz:
Yes, tithes are for people in need and not all these pastors who are now using it as a means of survival
...Dear Erelu,U are wrong again.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Opanka44(m): 8:57am On Feb 25
Pls help. The hunger is killing
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by plessis: 8:57am On Feb 25
does bill gates, musk and Jeff bezos pay tithes?
Well, if fool no fool himself, wiseman no go chop.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by EreluRoz: 8:57am On Feb 25
GenFunction:
...Dear Erelu,U are wrong again.
How?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by SpatialKing(m): 8:57am On Feb 25
I pay my tithe to my parents
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Govocrete: 8:58am On Feb 25
I believe in the ministry of Jesus Christ. Can someone tell me what Jesus said about tithing. I need to know
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by PotatoSalad(m): 8:58am On Feb 25
I believe that God would want you to chop first. Eat first before doing or giving anything now. Everything don cost and it'd be foolish to take out a part of your meagre salary to fulfil all righteousness.
Use than money to stock up food supplies.
Na only pesin wey chop dey get energy to work.

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Bigprik: 8:58am On Feb 25
[quote author=Corrections post=128504684]In Christianity, the importance of tithing can not be ignored. God instructed Christians to bring 10th of their total income to his storehouse or temple.

However, in today's modern world, people no longer give animals or material things as Tithe (not that it is forbidden) but instead all have been monetized.

One may wonder and ask the following questions:

* Why do Christians have to bring their TITHES to God's storehouse or temple?

* What is God's understanding of a store house or temple?

* Can one give his/her TITHE to parents or people if they are in need?

WHY DO CHRISTIANS HAVE to bring their TITHE to God's storehouse/ temple?

Malachi 3:10

New Living Translation
Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test.

Just as it is written in the scripture, we give TITHE so that there will be enough in the temple or store house of God.

WHAT IS GOD'S UNDERSTANDING OF STOREHOUSE/ TEMPLE?

The scripture gives us a clear idea of God's understanding on what a storehouse/ temple is. In the scripture we can classify God's understanding of a storehouse/ temple as the following:

* Store house/ temple view by God as a Physical man made structures.

* Store house/ temple view by God as a human body (that is spirit with a soul)

STOREHOUSE/TEMPLE VIEW BY GOD AS A "PHYSICAL MAN MADE STRUCTURE"

Here God views a temple or storehouse as a structure built by man. It is always physical in nature.

Ezra 1: 3

New International Version
Any of his people among you may go up to Jerusalem in Judah and build the temple of the LORD, the God of Israel, the God who is in Jerusalem, and may their God be with them.

1Chronicles 28:3
New International Version
But God said to me, ‘You are not to build a house for my Name, because you are a warrior and have shed blood.’

Here we can clearly see that God is referring a house/temple as a man made structure.

STOREHOUSE/TEMPLE VIEW BY GOD AS A HUMAN BODY (THAT IS SPIRIT WITH A SOUL)

Here, God does not view a storehouse or temple as a physical man made structure but rather he views it as a human body that has a soul and a spirit.

1Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV),

He asks, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

John 4: 21-23

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit (the spirit is inside the body) and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Here Jesus was trying to tell us that our body will be the temple where God will be worshipped which confirms that God also sees our body as a storehouse/ temple.

Matthew 12:43-45

43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says[b], ‘I will return to the house I left[/b].’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there (because they see it just as God sees it as a house too) And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

Here, Jesus is referring to human's body (that has a spirit and a soul) to be a house where demons could dwell or live. It opens our eye to the fact that God who is a spirit also sees our human physical body as a temple/house.

CAN ONE GIVE HIS/ HER TITHE TO PARENTS OR PEOPLE IF THEY ARE IN NEED?

Now, that we understand how God sees or defines a " storehouse or temple", we can now proceed to answering the question. The following are the 3 reasons why you can give your TITHE to your parents or people if they are in need.

* Jesus says in mark7:11-12

Mark7:11-12
11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Here, Jesus was telling the people how wrong they were when they refused to help their parents with things (including tithe) they had dedicated to give God when they were seriously in need. If your parents are in serious need of money and you could help them with your tithe (because that is what is left to help) but told them "you rather give the money to God as tithe than them", Jesus says you are wrong.

* Your parents/ people are temple or storehouse (spirits that live in body with soul) of God by scriptures.

Corinthians 6:19-20 (ESV),

He asks, “Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”

IMPORTANT NOTE!!!!!

This article is written to let us see from scriptures (bible) view that while it good to take our tithe to physical house of God we should not also condem the fact that humans body is also seen by God as a temple or storehouse in which we can invest our tithe in if they are in need of it after we have given every other things.

Meanwhile,, Jesus is waiting for you because jesus is the messiah the world is waiting so connect with him today! !!!

HOW TO CONNECT WITH JESUS

Your body is the house of God is it clean or dirty? You can make it clean by connecting to Jesus today.

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

Say lord Jesus am sorry for the sins have committed and today I accept you as the son of God and as my lord and personal savior. Help me to follow you now and for ever more. Amen!!!
[ To me I can give anybody in need than one pastor wey go carry my money de do anyhow with his family]
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by GenFunction: 9:01am On Feb 25
MaxInDHouse:

You still don't get it.

..U have a more solid understanding about d theory of tithing than the OP
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by chukkystar(m): 9:01am On Feb 25
Of Cos. Tithing started cos the Levites were seperated to worship God. So the Tithes were Used to take care of the Levites. Anywhere that U give from a higher concentration to Lower concentration from Ur Heart when U don't have to it's a big tithe. It must not be Church. Alot of This Pastors don't know God. Jesus said if U take care of the least of My Sheep U are taking care of Me. Anyone that is naturally a giver will not bother about where to give their Tithe is closed fisted people that worry about who gets this and who gets that..

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by AntiChristian: 9:01am On Feb 25
Parents husle o make them no dey chase tithe arguement come your side!

Which tithe Dangote won collect from his kids?

Poverty Nonsense!

Is it even necessary to mention tithe when you're giving your parents things?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Emmanuel30a: 9:03am On Feb 25
THUNDER FIRES those who gives MY TITHES to their parents!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by GenFunction: 9:03am On Feb 25
Tithing nd helping pple in need are different tings,so because u helped means u shud nt pay ur tithe or offerings?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by EreluRoz: 9:04am On Feb 25
GenFunction:
..U have a more solid understanding about d theory of tithing than the OP
We all know tithes are now use to fund the flamboyant lifestyle of modern pastors while the members of the church wallows in abject poverty. I prefer giving my tithe directly to the needy and assist the church with whatever it's lacking

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Benny Hinn Seriously Ill And Needs Our Prayers / Is It Good To Have Close Friendship With An Unbeliever As A Christian? / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.