Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? (14786 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Lomprico2: 11:40am On Feb 26
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you prove that you never read the bible else you would have seen that it is the consecrated levite God Commanded to do the burnt offering and not anyone as you stupidly thought.

And you would have seen all these and more if you had truly read the bible. but you do not read rather you listen to stupid noisemakers who themselves like you never read the bible.

I'm loving your frustration grin. So you know it's the consecrated levite that can perform the offering vis-a-vis take charge in collecting tithes, so why is your rogue pastor demanding tithe from you and you are foolish giving him, believing it's God you are giving? Abi are you one of the rogue pastors?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:38pm On Feb 26
Corrections:

Why do you speak with both side of your mouth? At this moment you argue on how tithes should be paid the next moment you claim tithe does not exist. I should have known that I was talking with the wrong person all along with your responses that have no scriptural bases or back up. Your doctrine frowns at paying tithe (so you don’t do it) yet you want to teach those whose doctrine permits them to pay tithe. A blind man that wants to lead a man with 2 eyes that see should not be taken seriously. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I am telling you what the law of Moses said not what you feel due to misappropriation of funds by your pastors in your churches.
God commanded His worshipers to pay tithes and it must be brought into the temple not to be given to anyone.
That's what the law of tithe says.

But in Christianity there's nothing called tithe because we are not practicing the religion that ancient Israelites practiced so if you're talking about helping the needy it's a Christian practice and it's called "gifts of mercy" that's why i said "don't call it tithe because tithes must be deposited in God's house according to the Mosaic law"

1 Like

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:12pm On Feb 26
Lomprico2:

I'm loving your frustration grin. So you know it's the consecrated levite that can perform the offering vis-a-vis take charge in collecting tithes, so why is your rogue pastor demanding tithe from you and you are foolish giving him, believing it's God you are giving? Abi are you one of the rogue pastors?

See it, you were so stupid that you did not know that it was a consecrated levite who does burnt offering and not me as you stupidly thought. So it is not surprising to further see that you even think that it was pastor who commanded the tithe. What a great big morron you are.

Bag of rice is now N88k Tinubulation will dry you faster than watapiapia.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Lomprico2: 9:31pm On Feb 26
Dtruthspeaker:

See it, you were so stupid that you did not know that it was a consecrated levite who does burnt offering and not me as you stupidly thought. So it is not surprising to further see that you even think that it was pastor who commanded the tithe. What a great big morron you are.

Bag of rice is now N88k Tinubulation will dry you faster than watapiapia.

Consecrated/high priest, all the same. I now see where your frustration is coming from cheesy.

Pashitor! God did not authorize you to scam people in the name of tithe. Goan look for work.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by charleskl(m): 10:15pm On Feb 26
Tithes aren't meant for people in need...go read ur Bible well
EreluRoz:
Yes, tithes are for people in need and not all these pastors who are now using it as a means of survival
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by charleskl(m): 10:21pm On Feb 26
Bible never said tithes n offerings are for needy people....Bible also emphasised on giving to the poor bt didn't say with ur offerings...God commanded the levites should be paid the tithes not becoz they wia needy o....during the time of moses, they wia more holy among other families.....needy people has always been from the beginning till now...you pple shud stop getting all dz tinz wrong
Corrections:

Tell me the things that belong to ceaser.

Tell me the things that belong to God.

Tell me the things that belong to your parents.

Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 10:57pm On Feb 26
Ekugbeh:
mention where in the Bible where tithes is for charity
Deuteronomy 14:22 to 29

Emphasis on Verse 29 because your pastor will never preach that part. They like to misquote Malachi 3:8 to you which is not even addressed to congregation but to the priests themselves
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 11:07pm On Feb 26
charleskl:
Tithes aren't meant for people in need...go read ur Bible well

Read Deuteronomy 14:22 -29

Read verse 29 twice so that it will sink in and reprogram all the tithe messages your pastor have been preaching to you. You can also ask your pastor why he avoids this particular part of the Bible when preaching on tithes
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamzik: 11:09pm On Feb 26
charleskl:
Bible never said tithes n offerings are for needy people....Bible also emphasised on giving to the poor bt didn't say with ur offerings...God commanded the levites should be paid the tithes not becoz they wia needy o....during the time of moses, they wia more holy among other families.....needy people has always been from the beginning till now...you pple shud stop getting all dz tinz wrong

Read Deuteronomy 14:22 -29

Read verse 29 twice so that it will sink in and reprogram all the tithe messages your pastor have been preaching to you. You can also ask your pastor why he avoids this particular part of the Bible when preaching on tithes
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Ekugbeh(m): 9:25am On Feb 27
Iamzik:

Deuteronomy 14:22 to 29

Emphasis on Verse 29 because your pastor will never preach that part. They like to misquote Malachi 3:8 to you which is not even addressed to congregation but to the priests themselves
🤣🤣 just goan study it with different versions ok.
Ilks like you know nothing at all. That's why they preach nonsense for your listening
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by OctavianAC(m): 11:46am On Feb 27
MaxInDHouse:

Most of you are faithless you just want to show up where crowd gathers without any commitment but it's OK.
I am Maximus one of Jehovah's Witnesses we don't pay nor collect tithe in our place of worship but if you attend religious service in a place where it's demanded then know today that you are owning the god they worship in that place because the priest (pastor) has told you what his god demands.
Tithing is required in the Bible during Mosaic laws but in Christianity it's no longer required that means the gods your churches worship are not the same otherwise all of you will have the same line of thought regarding what your god required! John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10 smiley

But Jesus said he has not come to condemn the laws, not even when he was speaking about tithe. Lk 11:42, Matt 23:23.
Can you teach what God want from us in this scripture?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:11pm On Feb 27
OctavianAC:

But Jesus said he has not come to condemn the laws, not even when he was speaking about tithe. Lk 11:42, Matt 23:23.
Can you teach what God want from us in this scripture?

Why not complete what Jesus said so that you can fully grasp it?

“Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill." Matthew 5:17

From all indications Jesus' teachings is ending the laws because there are many things the law commanded that Jesus condemned.

For instance the law didn't ask if anyone is a sinner before stoning a sinner to death neither did the law say God's people should pray and help their enemies. So what Jesus meant by that statement is his own role as the prophet who has come teach them what the laws stands for, in fact God warned the Israelites that when this prophet comes they must listen to him because he is coming in the manner of Moses {Deuteronomy 18:18-19} this is the prophet who will serve as God in their midst {Isaiah 9:6 compare to John 1:1} just as Moses also served as God in his time! Exodus 7:1

So unlike Moses who gave them a written code which no imperfect human can practice without blunders Jesus lived by his own laws making it clear that all humans can live by it if they are willing to! Jeremiah 31:31-34

That's why Jesus never demanded tithes from his own disciples neither did he pay it it ended with the religion practiced in ancient temple of Israel! Hebrews 7:5-12
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 3:35pm On Feb 27
MaxInDHouse:

I am telling you what the law of Moses said not what you feel due to misappropriation of funds by your pastors in your churches.
God commanded His worshipers to pay tithes and it must be brought into the temple not to be given to anyone.

But in Christianity there's nothing called tithe because we are not practicing the religion that ancient Israelites practiced so if you're talking about helping the needy it's a Christian practice and it's called "gifts of mercy" that's why i said "don't call it tithe because tithes must be deposited in God's house according to the Mosaic law"

You don't pay tithe !!!!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 3:36pm On Feb 27
MaxInDHouse:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:02pm On Feb 27
Corrections:

You don't pay tithe !!!!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Monetarily or materially?
NO, we don't pay tithes to anyone!
Spiritual as in service to our Lord?
YES, we pay directly to Christ Jesus!

That's what you should know about the talent given to each servant and why each must remit profit for the Master Lord and King Christ Jesus! Matthew 25:14-30

Inheritance was shared for all other tribes of Israel {Deuteronomy 14:29} that's why God could justifiably say they are robbing Him if they fail to pay their tithes {Malachi 3:9} they supposed to pay it to their brother "Levi" who is serving in the temple {Hebrews 7:5} as his descendants were excluded during sharing the inheritance.

So if you're not a member of that twelve tribes you have no business with tithing Jesus is what concerns you and so you have to pay your tithe directly to him not to anybody!

Would you like to know how tithe are being paid to Christ directly from the first century till today among true Christians?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 8:08am On Feb 29
MaxInDHouse:

Monetarily or materially?
NO, we don't pay tithes to anyone!
Spiritual as in service to our Lord?
YES, we pay directly to Christ Jesus!

That's what you should know about the talent given to each servant and why each must remit profit for the Master Lord and King Christ Jesus! Matthew 25:14-30

Inheritance was shared for all other tribes of Israel {Deuteronomy 14:29} that's why God could justifiably say they are robbing Him if they fail to pay their tithes {Malachi 3:9} they supposed to pay it to their brother "Levi" who is serving in the temple {Hebrews 7:5} as his descendants were excluded during sharing the inheritance.

So if you're not a member of that twelve tribes you have no business with tithing Jesus is what concerns you and so you have to pay your tithe directly to him not to anybody!

Would you like to know how tithe are being paid to Christ directly from the first century till today among true Christians?

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:03am On Feb 29
Corrections:

undecided undecided undecided
If you want to know just type "YES" people learn everyday! smiley
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:44am On Mar 01
Happy new month!!!!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:06am On Mar 02
Morning..
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:08am On Mar 02

It seems you don't want to know so i will take my leave! smiley
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by dkidd: 1:21am On Mar 03
EreluRoz:
That'll be great congratulations in advance wow
It's not true oo.... marry who?
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Iamanoited: 2:33am On Mar 03
HONOUR YOUR PARENTS SO SPEND YOUR TITHE ON THEM. IT IS MOST HONOURABLE AND GLORIOUS.. YOU WILL LIVE LONG AND PUSH IRAN TO THE PIT.
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:33am On Mar 03
Happy Sunday.......
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:23am On Mar 04
Morning…
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:25am On Mar 05
Morning
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:13am On Mar 06
5m
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 8:21am On Mar 07
Happy happy morning
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:05am On Mar 08
G day
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:48am On Mar 09
Happy weekend...
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 12:42pm On Mar 10
Happy Sunday!!!
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 12:42pm On Mar 10
Happy Sunday!!!…,
Re: Can You Give Your Tithe To Your Parents Or Christians In Need sometimes? by Corrections: 7:13am On Mar 11
..;

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? / Nwobodo wasn't a Faithful Anglican, PDP to APC wont save him– Bishop Chukwuma / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.